Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award (9603 Views)

$1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / Ekweremadu, Mimiko, Others To Receive Integrity Award / NBA Set To Honour Osinbajo, Aturu With Integrity Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by bilms(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
AN- HE-11
Award
Lagos, Sept. 25, 2012 (NAN) Mr Imeh Usuah, a taxi driver, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International, Abuja, on Tuesday emerged the winner of the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) maiden Integrity Award.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Usuah was awarded a plaque and N2.5 million for his honesty.

Usua, accompanied by his wife Mercy was celebrated by the capital market community for returning N18 million forgotten in his taxi cab in 2007 by a customer.

Usuah a former workshop foreman with Julius Berger Plc had earlier been acknowledged and commended by four different groups in the country.

Earlier, Ms Arunma Oteh, the Director- General of SEC said that the award was the commission’s contributions toward the promotion, recognition and reward for integrity.

“Usuah's exemplary act of honesty and integrity had sprinkled a burst of refreshing dew upon the national consciousness,” Oteh said.

She said that “the integrity award is a careful response to a critical need of the Nigerian society, as it is through it that trust is built and sustained.”

In his response, Usuah, a native of Ubokudom in Akwa Ibom, commended the commission for the gesture and devoted the award to the ``unsung honest and committed Nigerians across the country.'' (NAN)

JNC/POE/MZA
http://www.nannewsngr.com/section/economy/abuja-taxi-driver-wins-sec%E2%80%99s-n25-m-integrity-award

3 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by talktrue1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
N2.5m is a better offer for this family than OON
Am happy that he is remembered after 5yrs

5 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
good one, nice move, encouraging even-though i cant refund such money

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by LagosBoi2(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
nice...2.5m is works better than 18m. kudos. grin grin grin
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by julimax(m): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
That's good to hear, good Nigerian and now he can enjoy is money without fear. But I just want to know; how can 18 million be forgotten like that? I'm talking of like four Ghana must go bags
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Chinom(m): 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, please raise your hand if you would have returned that N18m. Just post "I raise my hand". This guy deserves a statue. I don't know if i should hug him or slap him.

3 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
Good for SEC.

Integrity pays. Don't ask me how much.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by jjay28(m): 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
thats gud 2 hear! talking of having peace of mind while enjoyn d money! thank God we stil av men of integrity.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
I raise both hands..
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
Emmmm. I will do fasting and prayer before deciding to return or to pocket it
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by mattsteve(f): 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
refreshing to knw dat we still have such honest people in our country.de guy needs more dan dat award.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Chinom(m): 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
The bigger question is: Why in the world was someone carrying N18m cash around. On top of that he FORGOT it. Was he a thief ?.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by ecode1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
That's commendable. I love what the man did by returning the money to the rightful owner. This has in turn opened so many doors of opportunities for him.
Honesty pays!

2 Likes

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by codernoni: 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
He try.
If na me I go run with d 18 milla..no I go return am... No I go ru...
Infact, make d situation reach my hand first then I go know wetin todo
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by omiobo: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
Reward of honesty.
From today,no matter the temptation,I will always be honest. So help me God
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by idowuswap: 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
How can someone think all tribe na lagosian is except yorubas fasola or akinolu oba eko or tinubu are from north or igbo.they are yorubas and if we split is not yoruba that s going 2 lives in lagos can any igbo claim EKO.? Why igbo no bring bakkasi hausa arewa why lagos is opc with other yobaland. Emajiyansi
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Boa4u: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
God will continue to reward you mr ime usua my Akwa ibomite brethren.....your honest heart remine me of when I refunded my NYSC double allowance paid to me to th NYSc Rivers but instead of dem rewarding me,dere r still owing me Alawi uptil now....
May be dere r unscrupulous people dere abi,who knows? God will continue to reward you mr ime usua my Akwa ibomite brethren.....your honest heart remine me of when I refunded my NYSC double allowance paid to me to th NYSc Rivers but instead of dem rewarding me,dere r still owing me Alawi uptil now....
May be dere r unscrupulous people dere abi,who knows?
God will continue to reward you mr ime usua my Akwa ibomite brethren.....your honest heart remine me of when I refunded my NYSC double allowance paid to me to th NYSc Rivers but instead of dem rewarding me,dere r still owing me Alawi uptil now....
May be dere r unscrupulous people dere abi,who knows?
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by andyanders: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mrs. Oteh, that was a very good gesture that would propel the youths to a greater height. It is not that Nigerians are are bad people, but our selfish leaders who steal from the government to enrich themselves hence most negative attitude of most Nigerians.
Thank you and may God continue to bless you all that remember to reward dignity than, magnifying corrupt leaders and giving them National Awards instead of descent Nigerians. This is the only Award to be recognized in Nigeria for this century. The one given by Jonathan are awards for corruption by corrupt leaders. I tag the Award by the Fed, government as Awards for the "Members of the Order of Pen Robbers.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by ikchi: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
A good name is better than silver and gold. Congrats.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by wandeay: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
if not for nairaland, this man wouldn't have gotten dis, HOW?
When discussing national award ceremony held recently, a lot of people mentioned this man, and now good nigerians came here and forwarded his case to the appropriate place, and now it works,
LoL

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by ogochukwunasa1: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2012
idowuswap: How can someone think all tribe na lagosian is except yorubas fasola or akinolu oba eko or tinubu are from north or igbo.they are yorubas and if we split is not yoruba that s going 2 lives in lagos can any igbo claim EKO.? Why igbo no bring bakkasi hausa arewa why lagos is opc with other yobaland. Emajiyansi

were o ti sile ya. U don miss road, eediot
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by pat077: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
idowuswap: How can someone think all tribe na lagosian is except yorubas fasola or akinolu oba eko or tinubu are from north or igbo.they are yorubas and if we split is not yoruba that s going 2 lives in lagos can any igbo claim EKO.? Why igbo no bring bakkasi hausa arewa why lagos is opc with other yobaland. Emajiyansi
what are u saying?

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by bobokelly(m): 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2012
Jonathan award is not for honest peoples, but, the thieves who loots nigeria tresury to enriched themselves, his awards is to thank them for stolen nigeria money.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
Congrats SEC. But why have MTN or Etisalat or Glo or Airtel not awarded something as a part of their community service by acknowledging him on their posters as a role model? I think this will also boost their image. I think some media company organize Man of The Year award towards the end of the year, at least in the past 5years they could have honored him. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Ariyke: 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
pat077: what are u saying?
meself no understand am
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by highlandre(m): 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
I'm encouraged that even if GEJ refuses to confer this man with a National Honour for his exemplary 'un-Nigerian' gesture, he has a reason to be happy for returning the lump sum. And may God bless Oteh for choosing this man for such monetary award. I think I'm encouraged to return the N5000 note i saw this morning grin grin grin. Maybe my village king will confer me with the highest title in my village

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by maninmood(m): 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2012
Lagos_Boi: nice...2.5m is works better than 18m. kudos. grin grin grin

Whatever you meant here? Nigeria! grin
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by crackhouse(m): 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2012
I hope this woman did not do this so that people will start singing her song and probably forget how she squandered SEC's money.

1 Like

Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
I am happy most people on this thread are honest they would not have returned the money. So please stop insulting out corrupt politicians. Most of you are not better than them and will do the same if you were in their shoes!
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by IYANGBALI: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
May God punish me if I return that kind money. Integrity ko,inter fele fele ni.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by IYANGBALI: 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
Nashville: I am happy most people on this thread are honest they would not have returned the money. So please stop insulting out corrupt politicians. Most of you are not better than them and will do the same if you were in their shoes!
They are two different issues,so stop writing thrash.
Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by tellwsdom: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
Oga come buy me 2 bottles of beer abeg, make i chop out of ur money small wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: South-south Will Disown Jonathan If He Doesn’t Run / 224 Firms Bid For Nigerian Crude Oil Contract / Babatope: How Conspiracy Against Bode George Reduced PDP To Political Beggars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.