Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:36 PM

Love And Trust: A Function Of Maturity In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love And Trust: A Function Of Maturity In A Relationship (2746 Views)

Ladies, Don't Trust A Guy That Doesn't Have Chairs In His Room / Can I Trust A Guy Who Does This? (pic) / My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me Because Of His Insecurity And Trust Issues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love And Trust: A Function Of Maturity In A Relationship by saintugo(m): 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2012
According to the Cambridge International Dictionary “Love means strong feelings of attraction towards and affection for another adult, or great affection for a friend or family member". Love is one of the oldest traditions mankind has come to know, right from the beginning of the world to date, love has been preached, expressed and appreciated by those that believe in its pure nature.

In my opinion, love has no specific or particular definition, it’s an expression of how a particular individual, partners or group of people show their feelings from deep inside, others see as a desire, as an act of affection, funny enough others believe it does not exist, some feel it’s an unquantifiable expression of care, concern and passion for a particular thing, person or place.

Trust on the other hand is to have belief or confidence in the honesty, goodness, skill or safety of (a person, organization or thing). From what has been said it can be implied that trusting someone, an organization or thing is more or less giving your life to be kept securely, based on the perceived attributes of the personality you have your trust in. Trust is very essential in a relationship because you can't build a serious relationship without it; it’s like cooking your favourite soup without salt in it.

Maturity (in the perspective of the mind) is a process in which someone or an individual behave in a responsible way and are more completely developed mentally and emotionally than other people of their age. An individual's decisions are a product of his or her maturity, because such decisions have been subjected to careful thought before execution, maturity of the mind is a major ingredient in relationships today, the level of one's exposure helps in handling the ups and downs associated with modern day relationships.

Surveys have been conducted, opinions have been given, that age is basically numerical and has no empirical evidence as to its relationship with the maturity of the mind, research has shown that a lot of people go into relationships for the wrong reasons, without a reason and probably due to peer influences etc, I have witnessed an issue where a guy gave an instance where and why his girlfriend now ex break up with him, simply because she fell head over heels for a guy on Burberry timberland boots, this is just one of the many examples of acts of immaturity.

Immaturity betrays the love and subsequently the trust in relationships, I always have a constant argument with close friends and associates about relationships not meant for kids (mentally), cause my stand always remains that the issues involved in a relationship are serious test for matured minds to handle, but it will amaze you that this arguments always ends inconclusive, so much for different backgrounds and views or opinions of others.

Popsi will always tell us " be quick to love but be slow to trust" I never understood this saying until my mind became matured enough to understand what he has been saying all this while, the above saying is very simple to understand, when you love quickly, in the event that something goes wrong with the relationship, out of love you can have a forgiving heart and if all said and done things are still not working for both parties in the relationship, they can both call it quits but with love.

But in the other case where you love and trust quickly, when the relationship faces its issues you find it very difficult to forgive cause you feel used and betrayed, it takes divine undying love to overcome such hurt.

Statistics taken from analysis of forums, whether in the magazines or the internet, has shown the rapid increase in the quest for older women, from guys soliciting for "sugar mummy’s" or "matured babes" giving age ranges that must be adhered to, a close friend of mine told me of his relationship experience with his girlfriend that happens to be three years older than him, his words exactly " she is so matured, she has taken her time out to study and know me including my weaknesses and strengths, she makes me go to bed like a baby and wakes me up like a man" the male folks are gradually becoming comfortable dating older women and even going as far as marrying them, all because of one component "maturity" which in turn yields the love and trust this men seek in their relationships.

Men are like babies inwardly, they want to be appreciated, loved and given all the assurance they can get out of a relationship, findings has shown that it’s the nature of man to constantly seek or search for a comfort zone, and when he does not get it he continues with the search until he finds it (comfort), hence you find men always striving for the best, also research has shown that men respond a great deal to stimulus thrown at them.

A lot has been said, about love and trust and whether it is a function of maturity or not, well with every write up, article, research etc it is only normal that recommendations are included, cause the essence of any write up is to add to existing knowledge or create new ones all aimed at improving the character and behaviour of all sundry, to both parties in a relationship, the following steps will be of help to improving the maturity in your relationship which in turn will have a multiplier effect on your love and trust levels (though not exhaustive) :

*communicate as often as possible.

*improve yourself, read wide basically everything that has to do with your existence, love, relationships etc.

*have at least a relationship custodian that is someone that is more experienced in the matters of the heart or love, examples could be an elderly uncle or aunty, anyone in the clergy etc.

*learn to have a forgiving heart or spirit.

*define who you are and always keep or stand by your rules.

*define the limit of your relationships with other friends in relation to your relationship with your partner.

*Both parties should create time for each other and stick to the schedule unless circumstances change.

*always strive to be truthful no matter how hard it is.

*both parties should have an order of priority it helps in avoiding unwanted distractions.

Be Inspired.
Re: Love And Trust: A Function Of Maturity In A Relationship by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2012
can someone give a summary pls? angry
Re: Love And Trust: A Function Of Maturity In A Relationship by cindyrella(f): 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
*yawns*
Boring!
Re: Love And Trust: A Function Of Maturity In A Relationship by kemmyangel(f): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2012
let see ur own post if its boring dude...........
Re: Love And Trust: A Function Of Maturity In A Relationship by saintugo(m): 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
joeydozzy: can someone give a summary pls? angry

There's no shortcut to greatness, take the pain and go through it, am lookin forward to u guys add to it in terms of recommendations.

(1) (Reply)

£40million For Any Man Who Can Turn My Lesbian Daughter Straight_hong Kong billi / If You Want To Marry My Daughter, Fill This Form / Wedding: Must A Bridesmaid And Bestman Be Single?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.