Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. (7721 Views)

Opera Vs Mozilla Vs Google Chrome: Which Is The Fastest Web Browser? / Help!!!! I Can't Open Facebook With My PC Browsers. / My Laptop Does Not Open Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by dkings101(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2012
What might be the problem? Whenever I want to open facebook on google chrome, it say "Access to the website is denied". I have cleared browsing history and runned anti-virus and it is still the same problem. It only open after refreshing the page 20 mins after and it happens again. What might be the problem. I need some help pls.

Re: Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by mavtrevor(m): 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
I experienced same with Nairaland yesterday even till now i still cant open NL in google chrome...so i switched to Firefox.
Re: Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by beejay247: 1:56am On Sep 27, 2012
same experience....
Re: Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by mavtrevor(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
Maybe its something to do with the browser....i hope an update fixes it soonest....
Re: Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by tessyade: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2012
Google chrome is the last browser i will ever use. It makes web pages look so different and unorganised. Firefox and IE browsers are okay for me.
Re: Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by joecook1985(m): 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
you can try to reinstall google chrome. If it doesn't help use other browser wink You can try mozilla firefox or IE
Re: Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by mavtrevor(m): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2012
I figured it out.... reinstalled shock wave and flash on your PC and it will be fixed. I am using mine once again...
Re: Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by beejay247: 10:43am On Jan 26, 2013
I am still experiencing this problem,I used my modem (Etisalat) with another Pc and same problem still persist......I tried using Mozilla but most times it won't deliver my chat message and won't reload...I don't know if it has to do with my connection,laptop or the browsers........pls help
Re: Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by deji2009(m): 7:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
beejay247: I am still experiencing this problem,I used my modem (Etisalat) with another Pc and same problem still persist......I tried using Mozilla but most times it won't deliver my chat message and won't reload...I don't know if it has to do with my connection,laptop or the browsers........pls help

I'd concentrate on the Firefox
seems you're using xp
go to option in Firefox

Citations/Reference

Mozilla Support

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Please update Firefox to the latest version via "Help > Check for Updates" to get the latest security patches.
You can find the latest Firefox release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:

Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
Firefox 10.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html

Check microsoft hotfix
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889386
Re: Can't Open Facebook On Google Chrome. by beejay247: 9:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
Thanks....but am using window 7......will this still work?.....I will try the update

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Mtn Fastlink To Browse With Any Sim (unlock Your Modem Now). / How To Retrieve Your Files From FOLDERS Turned Into SHORTCUTS By VIRUS / How To Unlock Your Mifi (smile, Ntel, Spectranet, Swift Etc.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.