Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site (2315 Views)

Facebook Is Trying To Kill Facekobo.com - A Nigerian Website / Some Common Terms, Abbreviations & Slangs Used On Nairaland & Their Meanings. / New Nigerian Online News Aggregator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by DualCore1: 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ok its beginning to look like I have something personal against these guys but nothing really... I am just stating my reviews of a service provider.

First, thanks Leonard for making an apology on the other thread to your customers.
And thanks again for showing some care and notifying us when you were going down very briefly for a fix.

Now back to my issue.
This evening I was on my way back from the office, with all the frustrations from the different traffic jams and reckless road users... then I got a mail from Eyowo (Do not try to use your mobile devices while driving, its bad tongue ).

Let me just paste the mail here (afterall no terms of service on Eyowo.com telling me what I can and can't do)
=======
Good Afternoon,

We apologize for the off moments we had. Below are the details of failed transactions that would not be remitted.

Dirty UnSettled Transactions for qb2inhg Merchant: TruDigits
eyowo-475-2631 - amount: 3500 - 2012-09-21 12:55:34 - 61: Exceeds+Withdrawal+Limit
Total dirty amount NOT settled to merchant qb2inhg = 3500
======

Okay that's it... first I was like... what on earth is a "dirty" transaction? Well I mailed them and Eyowo was nice enough to call... thanks... this is taking support to a new level, keep it up with your remaining customers.

Well it turns out that because of a bug on Eyowo, transactions which are declined by the main switch for the "exceeds withdrawal limit" error are passed by Eyowo as clean transactions. So the person paying on Eyowo's gateway does not get debited but Eyowo sends a callback request to the merchant site saying the transaction was successful and the merchant receives the money in his wallet.

So for this scenario a customer pays for webhosting(domain reg included) on TruDigits using Eyowo, the switch bounces his transaction and does not debit his account but Eyowo goes on to see the transaction as successful and then sends the successful payment callback to TruDigits and TruDigits goes on to automatically register the domain and provide the webhosting ordered for. This is my logical conclusion.

This all happened last week Friday (afternoon) and now Eyowo is informing me 3 business days later that the transaction was "dirty" and so that amount will not be remitted to me in my settlements... in other words, I have lost 3,500 (no big deal abi?).

Okay, I understand... the person's account was not debitted so it is just simply asking the person to PLEASE pay the 3,500 that Eyowo had a problem that saw his transaction as successful when it wasn't actually.

But really... what kind of child's play is that? I should start chasing a client around for 3,500 Naira when I have already fullfilled their order? What clause in TruDigits' Terms of Service will form the basis for this? What clause in the terms will also form the basis for suspending a client's hosting account until he actually pays?

Okay imagine it was a car I was selling and the person paid for the car through Eyowo and I delivered the car because I had seen the funds in my wallet... only for Eyowo to tell me "oboy that payment get k-leg cuz one developer been dey do some stunts and he forgot surgical knife in our source codes and compiled". So I should enter road and start looking for the car I sold or the buyer and tell him "bros, there was a...... and so there is a.....". Haba!

Oh well I have had enough from one service provider. Life has too many problems and I can't afford to add Eyowo to my list of problems.

Well Eyowo can't be held to anything because Eyowo.com has no Terms of Service or Service Level agreement or any other sort of legal document binding it to its customers. So, basically you cannot hold Eyowo responsible for anything they do to you (good or bad).
This is CLASSIC, the first service provider I am seeing without a Terms of Service or Service Level Agreement.

For an example of what a legal document for a payment gateway should look like, see below:
https://voguepay.com/terms
https://www.cashenvoy.com/?cmd=terms&subcmd=none&out=1

For all those who have met me via emails and phone calls in the past asking about Eyowo and how good they were, I am very sorry for telling you and convincing you they were the best. Accept my sincere apologies.
Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by ojochidem(m): 8:59pm On Sep 26, 2012
This is serious oo!
Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by moty4all: 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2012
Got the same Dirty UnSettled Transactions today for payments made on the 2012-09-18.

sad sad
Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by soloqy: 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
But this is serious. No really...
Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by encoreCEO: 11:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
goodness!
EYOWO should simply understand that they are in a financial market where issues of money is held in trust. A couple of months ago that i had to integrate their services for a client, i thought less of this happening. And wait, they process orders to the tune of N20k or more for clients on their site

My regrets: wish i knew Voguepay on time:

1. It would have saved them the cost of N6000 eyowo asked me to pay for their platform

2. Saved me additional N10k i paid another developer to integrate it with the website,cos unlike Eyowo, VoguePay is basically free!

3. Ensured payment is settled promptly. Eyowo takes like forever (really 3 weeks)to settle when it claimed it will settle on Tuesdays and Friday, simply because they use another bank from GTB

4. shit!they may EXPERIENCE more unnecessary downtimes for which Eyowo's CEO half-heartedly apologised recently.

5.And hell, i know my clients now have a HIGH chance of fulfilling an order for clients who have not paid it because of the technical glitch AS REPORTED BY dUALcORE

And here is Voguepay, enjoying solid media attention as i came across it recently on [url]The Guardian[/url]http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=99076%3Afirm-empowers-smes-with-low-cost-web-payment-system&catid=55%3Acompulife&Itemid=391#.UFnU9dG9pqM.facebook

1 Like

Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by databoy247(m): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2012
@Dual Core, why dont you just stick to the market leader instead of "managing" some headache payment processors, na your money dey involved here oh..nor be free service dem they give u. grin

PS: Please check your email.
Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by DualCore1: 9:51am On Sep 27, 2012
databoy247: @Dual Core, why dont you just stick to the market leader instead of "managing" some headache payment processors, na your money dey involved here oh..nor be free service dem they give u. grin

PS: Please check your email.
For business I strive to be consistent. The reason I can't just drop Eyowo and go for something else in a heart's beat is that it will break the consistency of the payment process for customers. Customers generally hate change in the way things work and when you have to start presenting them with a totally different payment interface to remit their money they can be apprehensive. The reason I have endured Eyowo this far is because it is a startups company and especially because to date, Eyowo's payment user interface is the simplest interface that customers are presented with for payment.

Replied your mail about 30 minutes ago

1 Like

Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2012
Dual Core: Ok its beginning to look like I have something personal against these guys but nothing really... I am just stating my reviews of a service provider.

First, thanks Leonard for making an apology on the other thread to your customers.
And thanks again for showing some care and notifying us when you were going down very briefly for a fix.

Now back to my issue.
This evening I was on my way back from the office, with all the frustrations from the different traffic jams and reckless road users... then I got a mail from Eyowo (Do not try to use your mobile devices while driving, its bad tongue ).

Let me just paste the mail here (afterall no terms of service on Eyowo.com telling me what I can and can't do)
=======
Good Afternoon,

We apologize for the off moments we had. Below are the details of failed transactions that would not be remitted.

Dirty UnSettled Transactions for qb2inhg Merchant: TruDigits
eyowo-475-2631 - amount: 3500 - 2012-09-21 12:55:34 - 61: Exceeds+Withdrawal+Limit
Total dirty amount NOT settled to merchant qb2inhg = 3500
======

Okay that's it... first I was like... what on earth is a "dirty" transaction? Well I mailed them and Eyowo was nice enough to call... thanks... this is taking support to a new level, keep it up with your remaining customers.

Well it turns out that because of a bug on Eyowo, transactions which are declined by the main switch for the "exceeds withdrawal limit" error are passed by Eyowo as clean transactions. So the person paying on Eyowo's gateway does not get debited but Eyowo sends a callback request to the merchant site saying the transaction was successful and the merchant receives the money in his wallet.

So for this scenario a customer pays for webhosting(domain reg included) on TruDigits using Eyowo, the switch bounces his transaction and does not debit his account but Eyowo goes on to see the transaction as successful and then sends the successful payment callback to TruDigits and TruDigits goes on to automatically register the domain and provide the webhosting ordered for. This is my logical conclusion.

This all happened last week Friday (afternoon) and now Eyowo is informing me 3 business days later that the transaction was "dirty" and so that amount will not be remitted to me in my settlements... in other words, I have lost 3,500 (no big deal abi?).

Okay, I understand... the person's account was not debitted so it is just simply asking the person to PLEASE pay the 3,500 that Eyowo had a problem that saw his transaction as successful when it wasn't actually.

But really... what kind of child's play is that? I should start chasing a client around for 3,500 Naira when I have already fullfilled their order? What clause in TruDigits' Terms of Service will form the basis for this? What clause in the terms will also form the basis for suspending a client's hosting account until he actually pays?

Okay imagine it was a car I was selling and the person paid for the car through Eyowo and I delivered the car because I had seen the funds in my wallet... only for Eyowo to tell me "oboy that payment get k-leg cuz one developer been dey do some stunts and he forgot surgical knife in our source codes and compiled". So I should enter road and start looking for the car I sold or the buyer and tell him "bros, there was a...... and so there is a.....". Haba!

Oh well I have had enough from one service provider. Life has too many problems and I can't afford to add Eyowo to my list of problems.

Well Eyowo can't be held to anything because Eyowo.com has no Terms of Service or Service Level agreement or any other sort of legal document binding it to its customers. So, basically you cannot hold Eyowo responsible for anything they do to you (good or bad).
This is CLASSIC, the first service provider I am seeing without a Terms of Service or Service Level Agreement.

For an example of what a legal document for a payment gateway should look like, see below:
https://voguepay.com/terms
https://www.cashenvoy.com/?cmd=terms&subcmd=none&out=1

For all those who have met me via emails and phone calls in the past asking about Eyowo and how good they were, I am very sorry for telling you and convincing you they were the best. Accept my sincere apologies.

don't make reference to their competitor they always feel you are be paid to destroy their payment platform.

EYOWO what the heck is going on?

1 Like

Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by DualCore1: 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
ActiveMan:

don't make reference to their competitor they always feel you are be paid to destroy their payment platform.

EYOWO what the heck is going on?
When MTN is ef'd up, a consumer can compare it to Etisalat.

Its not my business what they feel. I tell it like it is, with zero sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2012
Hmn, this is serious. After dual core recommended eyowo, i have recommended it to many people. . .
Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by rufaai(m): 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2012
Well well well... Eyowo has bee challenging for our business too. However, we simply choose to reason with them and advice them on their services. We started using Eyowo exactly 1 year ago (September 2011).

I received th esame email with a list of transaction references for orders amounting to exactly 15,000 yesterday and I immediately picked my phone and dialed their support desk. They first apologize and accepted their fault of having errors from their system. They also agreed to *kiss the lost if at all I am not able to reach the clients for the payments.

Well to cut the story short, I traced back the payment list and contacted the clients as follows:

"Hello ABC, I am calling to inform you that your payment for invoice XYZ was not honored by the gateway. However, your product/service was activated. This was an error from the payment gateway. You had insufficient balance on your card at the time of payment but the system failed to act on that. So, I would you like you to confirm this from your bank. We have reverted your invoice to unpaid, you should proceed to pay cash at the bank once you confirm that you have not been charged."

This evening, the clients confirmed they were truly not charged and made their payments at the bank in cash.

I am not trying to justify the incompetence of Eyowo, but trying to understand that these are challenges and I am glad they have rectified the issue. One of Softcom Imagio's staff (company behind Eyowo) once told me that they are actually on a more or less a *Beta (prelim) version of Eyowo and are doing their best to position well.

One thing I like about Eyowo is their User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) implementation. If only they iterate their problems fast and remedy them, I would be glad to continue using their service.

Thank you all... and I'm in noway related or affiliated with Eyowo. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Eyowo.com (A Payment Aggregator/gateway) Has No Terms Of Service On Its Site by damola1: 1:03am On Oct 05, 2012
Anyone used UBA payment gateway?

(1) (Reply)

15 Easy Ways To Make Money Online / Google Trends / Creating An Email Newsletter With Adobe Indesign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.