Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,383 members, 7,781,087 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:40 AM

Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes (17163 Views)

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Neftanga: 9:54am On Sep 27, 2012
ReMiNdS Me oF ThE ChRiSt eMbAsSy MaN ThAT PaId aN OuTrAgEOuS aMoUnT Of mOnEy aS TiThE WiThOuT ThE ChUrCh InVeStIgAtInG HiS SoUrCe oF InCoMe. He wAs a mErE jAnItOR At shERatoN.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by remmyton(f): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2012
whatever grammar suit una best, make una use am well, but wetin me wan tell u be say the money no dey come back. Make efcc probe am from now till next decade, they no go see anything, the man get sense pass them, even his colleagues at the office wey testify say them see am embezzle d money, they dey talk like cos atuche no give them at all from the loot
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 27, 2012
All this thieving pastors make their gullible members think they can bribe God for their sins..I don't even know how they always achieve this,either juju,or brainwashing..most people perish due to lack of knowledge. #na pastor life dey better,the people dey suffer# kudos to baba Fela.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by takedat(m): 9:56am On Sep 27, 2012
Jah Man:

You mean the church should ask MD of a bank how he got N45m? You are either just trying to be difficult or probably unaware of people's pay package.
Some 5-6 years ago when we were paid profit share of close to a million in my bank at the junior levels,some folks were complaining that our mates in PHB were getting twice that amount.
Imagine if an officer was paid N2m,how much will an exec or say MD get(our execs/MD got like N50m/N70m).So bros,N45m isn't a big thing for an MD who eventually is a part owner of the bank.
Let EFCC talk about the crime he committed and not drag a church into it. Soon they will find out that he transferred N10m to a concubine...ridiculous!
May justice be done.
Where is PHB today?What happened to its depositors fund?What is their share value as at today?Abeg CBN had to nationalise it afetr some greedy head had stolen and shared customers money all becos there are MD or ED.EFCC is investigating him and part of the money is traced to those Churches,so stop giving excuses.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by ProfDarkman(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2012
Don't be surprise to hear that some of the committees and members of the churches were not aware of the tithe of donation.The pastors and the inner most committees must have shared the money within themselves.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by talktrue1(m): 10:02am On Sep 27, 2012
The Bible made me to understand that Tithe belongs to God and not the church. Now, who will they hold responsible?

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by ujchief(m): 10:04am On Sep 27, 2012
PeeDaVinci:
-catholics do not pay tithes, and so, saying he paid tithes to catholic churches is a flawed argument
if it had been a certain christ embassy or winners chapel pastor that accepted this 'tithe', all hell would have been let loose here on Nl, cases of private jets would hav been cited. Now its the catholic church, u had to come up with that response. Smh!
@topic: how come the lawyer sumarised that the money sent to the church was for tithe and not for donation, seed, or even a building project? How did he reach that irelevant conclusion?
Its stil wrong to use public fund for any personal project or church whatever, b'cos men cant bribe God, but that lawyer is an a.r.s.e.h.o.l.e.

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by ujchief(m): 10:05am On Sep 27, 2012
Space for sale
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by texazzpete(m): 10:06am On Sep 27, 2012
KINGwax: texaco abi what is your name? Why trying to exonerate your fellow accomplice in the clog of catholic churches? When a man donated 25mills and 10mills to a church and u didn't bother to flinch, or blink, then you're a thief! Is d man dangote or what? A man working, and being expected salaried donates such amount.
Guy, what's the difference you're trying to paint btw the catholics and others now? I jes won't undstnd!

See this thrice accursed m0r0n! How much do you think a Nigerian bank MD earns as official salary that a Church should start getting alarmed for receiving 15 million naira donation?

If your parents did not send you to a good enough school for you to learn how to understand written English, how is it my fault? How does the church need to be 'exonerated' when there is no single SHRED of evidence that the church either requested for the funds from him or incited him to steal the money?

All i said was that the use of the word 'tithe' may not be strictly correct...and to correct the impression that the church incited him to steal the money.

Imbecilic dolt!
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Manbush: 10:10am On Sep 27, 2012
bbpreye:

Let me not start with you this morning pls, your so called "Roman catholic church" accepted stolen money for God knows what purpose and it has been exposed; you are here talking rubbish!
Do you even know the history of your church? Do you know that you are all idol worshpers? Do you know that Jesus Christ never used a rosary to pray, or bow down to any image? Yet you claim to walk in his steps. Christains indeed!
Go and do plastic surgery and remove the excess ijebu garri that is stuffed in that your akamu brain!
Retardeen!

It's better you shut your half-educated and fanatical brain than to say what you do not know about the Catholics. Are the Catholics the ones initiating "programmes" up and down to defraud the downtrodden. Do their priests who take an oath of poverty ride on private jet? Do they take six months to churn out pastors? If they're idol worshppers, why do you allow them to be at the forefront in defence of Christianity. If the court proves that Atuche's donation was stolen, the church will refund the money promptly. It has not disappeared into any pastor's coffer and the Church manages its finance very well that it remains the richest institution (one of the richest countries ala Vatican) in the world. Rich by good resource management not tithes.

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by oge4real(f): 10:10am On Sep 27, 2012
Henceforth,churches will start requesting donations in cash to avoid paper trail.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by texazzpete(m): 10:11am On Sep 27, 2012
bbpreye:

Th idioot started the stupidityy, go and read his comment and see how he tried to rubbish the other churches apart from his so called "roman catholic church"
I know a lot about the history of the catholic church, and the painful truth about them is that they "bow down to idols" and they see themselves as the only church in the world!
Rubbish!

I can tell you your history, tell u about your madonna and child picture, tell u so many things you don't know cos ur an ignorant discombobulated dullard!

Eat more ijebu garri so u'll have sense!
Unfiofiok!

Spoken like a truly accursed dolt!
We are talking about a financial crime here. Whether or not you agree or not with the Catholic church doctrines has no bearing on this matter. At least the Catholic church is a leader in Charity matters in Nigeria and has a record of not overtly fleecing its members in the name of tithing etc.

Please spare us your 'history of the catholic church' bullcrap. That's information already in the public domain. Let's talk about NOW and how the state of Christianity in Nigeria is moving people away from doctrines of LOVE and focusing on MONEY.

Instead of facing real issues you're there abusing your betters. Pathetic
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by killuminati(m): 10:14am On Sep 27, 2012
Ayam not fvcking surprise! undecided No!!!

What else do u expect from the religion of PissAndShit? undecided

Deceptions, lies, propagandas, extortions, and many more... Don't even be surprise if the pastor and the guy plan this to thief money....

I RESERVE MY COMMENT FOR GARRI NOW undecided
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 27, 2012
texazzpete:

Spoken like a truly accursed dolt!
We are talking about a financial crime here. Whether or not you agree or not with the Catholic church doctrines has no bearing on this matter. At least the Catholic church is a leader in Charity matters in Nigeria and has a record of not overtly fleecing its members in the name of tithing etc.

Please spare us your 'history of the catholic church' bullcrap. That's information already in the public domain. Let's talk about NOW and how the state of Christianity in Nigeria is moving people away from doctrines of LOVE and focusing on MONEY.

Instead of facing real issues you're there abusing your betters. Pathetic

Prick!
You started this arguement ant your now calling a truce!
Like I said go and join Patience jonathan in germany so u can undergoe surgery, u brain is really filled with excess ijebu garri!

Goat shiit!
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 27, 2012
Manbush:

It's better you shut your half-educated and fanatical brain than to say what you do not know about the Catholics. Are the Catholics the ones initiating "programmes" up and down to defraud the downtrodden. Do their priests who take an oath of poverty ride on private jet? Do they take six months to churn out pastors? If they're idol worshppers, why do you allow them to be at the forefront in defence of Christianity. If the court proves that Atuche's donation was stolen, the church will refund the money promptly. It has not disappeared into any pastor's coffer and the Church manages its finance very well that it remains the richest institution (one of the richest countries ala Vatican) in the world. Rich by good resource management not tithes.

I smell hate and bitterness in your tone!
Eat more garri and lighten up!
Madwoman vomit!
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by extension: 10:43am On Sep 27, 2012
@STAGGER
Welldone,you cannot bribe God or buy your way thru to heaven.
I reserve other comments after the case.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by thelastPope(m): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2012
Jah Man:

If you are actually a born-again child of God(or what we now call pentecostal) then your response is very ungodly.Is that how you can teach him the way of Christ and win him over? I doubt if your answer will be YES.
The problem with Christianity is 'superiority complex' exhibited by some of us.I am not a catholic,nor a protestant.I am a child of God....Christian.
We should reduce such aggressiveness that other religion are known for if we intend to win souls for Christ.
God bless you.

He definitely isn't born again. He probably is what we call church goers. The new breed of Christians. That is why I don't like to call myself a Christian. God or Jesus or the disciples never used the word. It was used by unbelievers in Jesus. Now the word is used to describe anyone who attends a church on a sunday or anyone who is born in the western world.

Having said that, I am irritated by some folks saying it isn't tithe. What does that matter? Whether the EFCC call it tithe or sensationalise it, does that justify it? The man gave stolen money. That is an abomination to God. God is not hungry to be looking for money by all means. It is an insult to God. If it is established, the money should be returned. Whether it is Catholic or Redeemed or Christ embassy makes no difference. That is irrelevant. The mere idea of men trying to bribe God is just ridiculous. Get this abomination out of God's house!

Imagine some even saying at least it is for a good cause. Which good cause? Saul tried it in the bible and Samuel stripped him of his throne at God's command. "To obey is better than sacrifice and to hearken than the fat of rams". Stop paying or giving or donating your corrupt money to God! God doesn't need it. You are insulting God and the name of Jesus! Stop it now!

Get that abomination out of God's house and repent.

Mark 8
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Psalm 50
5 “Bring my faithful people to me—
those who made a covenant with me by giving sacrifices.” 6 Then let the heavens proclaim his justice,
for God himself will be the judge.
Interlude 7 “O my people, listen as I speak.
Here are my charges against you, O Israel:
I am God, your God! 8 I have no complaint about your sacrifices
or the burnt offerings you constantly offer. 9 But I do not need the bulls from your barns
or the goats from your pens. 10 For all the animals of the forest are mine,
and I own the cattle on a thousand hills. 11 I know every bird on the mountains,
and all the animals of the field are mine. 12 If I were hungry, I would not tell you,
for all the world is mine and everything in it. 13 Do I eat the meat of bulls?
Do I drink the blood of goats? 14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
and keep the vows you made to the Most High. 15 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
and I will rescue you,
and you will give me glory.” 16 But God says to the wicked:
“Why bother reciting my decrees
and pretending to obey my covenant? 17 For you refuse my discipline
and treat my words like trash. 18 When you see thieves, you approve of them,
and you spend your time with adulterers. 19 Your mouth is filled with wickedness,
and your tongue is full of lies. 20 You sit around and slander your brother—
your own mother’s son. 21 While you did all this, I remained silent,
and you thought I didn’t care.
But now I will rebuke you,
listing all my charges against you. 22 Repent, all of you who forget me,
or I will tear you apart,
and no one will help you. 23 But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.
If you keep to my path,
I will reveal to you the salvation of God.”

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Whymee: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2012
Just a reminder to EFCC
Tithes is 10% of your income.
He should be arrange for N450 m.
Not N45m.

Just thinking....
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2012
Human garbage,no better than an armed robber,the man and the church.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by thelastPope(m): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2012
talk true: The Bible made me to understand that Tithe belongs to God and not the church. Now, who will they hold responsible?

That was the old testament and it was giving to levites, orphans, widows and strangers and also sometimes eaten by the person bringing it himself. There is no tithing in the new testament.

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by lacasa: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2012
Religion of kparawos lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by killuminati(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2012
lacasa: Religion of kparawos lipsrsealed
seconded
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by JahMan1: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2012
http://blueprintng.com/2012/06/group-hails-fct-minister-debunks-insinuation/
For the violent religion making noise here,read the link above.
I was shocked that a minister(FCT) doled out N300m for renovation of a mosque and EFCC did not quiz him.
That one is the least of such stupendous spendings in the so called mosques in all parts of the country.
Can we just face what the crime is about and stop the religious war here.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by oluMyderz(m): 11:17am On Sep 27, 2012
killuminati: Ayam not fvcking surprise! undecided No!!!

What else do u expect from the religion of PissAndShit? undecided

Deceptions, lies, propagandas, extortions, and many more... Don't even be surprise if the pastor and the guy plan this to thief money....

I RESERVE MY COMMENT FOR GARRI NOW undecided
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Reference(m): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

Do pastors need to know who is paying tithe and who is not? Many churches do not request for payer‘s identity,so in that case ,how will they know he is the payer?

That amount will leave an identity trail except if you want to add money laundering charges as well.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Lovine: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2012
Do Catholics pay or receive tithes? WONDER CAN NEVER CEASE
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by oluMyderz(m): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2012
lacasa: Religion of kparawos lipsrsealed
Agreed!
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Reference(m): 11:28am On Sep 27, 2012
take dat: If this post had read "Ex bank boss used 45million stolen funds as Mosque donation",people would be quick to hang Islam and Muslims but now that the opposite is the case we start to make excuses.Silly bunch of hypocrites always making excuses for religion.

But is it a coincidence that three out of the four high profile prosecutions involve ex-managers who were financially linked to their places of worship. Or should we wait for details of the ex-Union Bank MD/CEO transactions.

Just wondering.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by oluMyderz(m): 11:47am On Sep 27, 2012
When it come to money,law nd rules in d OT are used....nd dem no 2 blv in OT. Confused Religion!

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by ALAREDE: 11:57am On Sep 27, 2012
Reading all the treads and comments above as regards church, one could say this is the beauty of Xtianity. If it were to be some religion, i can assure you that riot would have broke out on the street of Lagos by now. A big lesson to all of us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mbaka Speaks About Killing Of Father Offu, Insists Buhari Is Not Our Problem / Photos From The Burial Of Bishop Atule Usuh / Inibehe Effiong On Fasting Enforcement: Why Sharia Police Is Illegal – Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.