Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? (2799 Views)

Couple Who Met At NYSC Camp Are To Wed Next Month / When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
I am not wink Not at all! Thank you grandmama! smiley

The ratio of men to women is not an argument. There are more women because men die earlier. That means that there are also many widows who will not re-marry due to age. This reduces the ratio. And some other facts reduce the ratio, too. BTW, it is difficult to determine the ratio exactly because some numbers are estimated!!!

Moreover, if it is only for the sake of children and therefore due to the biological clock ticking, it would still be enough to marry at the age of 30 -35 and even later. If you have the means, modern medicine can do a lot of things for you like reducing the risk of a late pregnancy. I know of quite a number of women giving birth to children in their 40s. And as the life expactancy rises, it is only logical to postpone marriage and children.

And any sensible human being will not give birth to children in an unhealthy relationship.
Anyway, I am not desperate to get married and no society will force me to do so. If it happens with the grace of God, fine. If it doesn'T, my happiness doesn't depend on a husband. I'd love to be a wife and a mother. But I will not take every hardship to become a wife and a mother and raise my children in an unhealthy environment and feel disgusted by my husband who I married because of pressure I decided to put upon me.

If I can't be a mother and wife, then it's a pity, indeed but I will definitely find other ways to make my life meaningful and to make a difference in this world. Even if only a slight one.

All I want to say is, girls be strong and be sensible. Like my grandmammy said: better be happy alone than in an unhappy marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by Oahray: 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2012
carefreewannabe: The ratio of men to women is not an argument. There are more women because men die earlier.
well that would be because the women they know kill em (literally, or) with unnecessary stress. Or they just nag so much and pressure the men into fatal situations. *resting my (brief)case*

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
[quote author=Oahray]
well that would be because the women they know kill em (literally, or) with unnecessary stress. Or they just nag so much and pressure the men into fatal situations. *resting my (brief)case*[/quote

cry cry cry

poor men. I am sorry.

grin
Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by emilyone(f): 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
cindyrella: Because no time! Before their eggs go start to dry grin grin
eggs dey dry again undecided
Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by ibhena(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2012
carefreewannabe: I am not wink Not at all! Thank you grandmama! smiley

The ratio of men to women is not an argument. There are more women because men die earlier. That means that there are also many widows who will not re-marry due to age. This reduces the ratio. And some other facts reduce the ratio, too. BTW, it is difficult to determine the ratio exactly because some numbers are estimated!!!

Moreover, if it is only for the sake of children and therefore due to the biological clock ticking, it would still be enough to marry at the age of 30 -35 and even later. If you have the means, modern medicine can do a lot of things for you like reducing the risk of a late pregnancy. I know of quite a number of women giving birth to children in their 40s. And as the life expactancy rises, it is only logical to postpone marriage and children.

And any sensible human being will not give birth to children in an unhealthy relationship.
Anyway, I am not desperate to get married and no society will force me to do so. If it happens with the grace of God, fine. If it doesn'T, my happiness doesn't depend on a husband. I'd love to be a wife and a mother. But I will not take every hardship to become a wife and a mother and raise my children in an unhealthy environment and feel disgusted by my husband who I married because of pressure I decided to put upon me.

If I can't be a mother and wife, then it's a pity, indeed but I will definitely find other ways to make my life meaningful and to make a difference in this world. Even if only a slight one.

All I want to say is, girls be strong and be sensible. Like my grandmammy said: better be happy alone than in an unhappy marriage.

I like your take on this. But you will agree with me that your type are few. I have even heard of ladies pay for marriage prayers, ranging between 10k to 50k some even upto 100k depending on how fast (or rather how desperate you are) and so many fake "MOGs" are making good business...
Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by ibhena(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2012
Mynd_44: I dont think all women are desperate. Some dont care

Yeah, I never said ALL, I said MOST. And the ones not desperate are very very rare, I doubt if they are up to 5%. And Please you should know that this does not include the very young ones who do not know watsup about life, they are in the exploratory stage (18-21 sometimes upto 22 years) all they want is a GOOD TIME! Once they leave that bracket, their eyes begin to clear....
Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
ibhena:

I like your take on this. But you will agree with me that your type are few. I have even heard of ladies pay for marriage prayers, ranging between 10k to 50k some even upto 100k depending on how fast (or rather how desperate you are) and so many fake "MOGs" are making good business...

thanks.

well, I guess you're right. and I also guess that it is a worlwide phenomenon. even in very "modern" societies where women have the best opportunities, this happens to be the case.
there is a bunch of reasons responsible for this fact.

all I want to say is: it is ok to want to have a husband and children but it is unfortunate if you are desperate about it and when you make decisions out of despair. so try to achieve your goal but not by any means. and if it turns out that it is not meant to be. don't try to force it. sometimes we have to accept that life turns out to be different from what we wanted and intended it to be. therefore, I'd like to encourage every woman to ALSO have other goals than this. and make their life meaningful. with or without marriage. educate yourself, find a job that you like, have hobbies, help in your community (church, NGO). keep yourself busy. and have different options.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by cindyrella(f): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
emilyone:
eggs dey dry again undecided
You no knw? Stay there na grin
Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
ibhena: Please I find this very disturbing that many ladies are desperate to get hooked for-better-for-worse... Ask them why, and you'll be shocked at the reasons. "I want to make my mother happy" "My friends are getting hooked" AND THEN YOU ASK TO WHOM, they say "any man..." What is happening please?
Did I see you say any man? Dude you are mistaken, may be what you wanted to say is any rich man.
Re: Why Are Most Ladies Desperate To Wed These Days? by Mynd44: 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2012
cindyrella:
You no knw? Stay there na grin
Then its better we fry them and use them to eat yam

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies What Will You Do?(photo) / [poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! / Guys! How Far Can U Go To Please Ur Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.