Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) (21586 Views)

Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head / Israeli Group Launches Anti-Islam Campaign on U.S Public Buses / First Picture Of The Man Said To Be Behind The Anti-islam Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by intrepid: 2:43am On Sep 28, 2012
man linked to an anti-Islam video that sparked riots across the Muslim world has been held without bond after a hearing in Los Angeles, California.

A judge said Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, was a flight risk and cited a pattern of deception when making his ruling, Reuters news agency reported.

Nakoula was investigated for violating probation terms after he was released from prison in 2011 for bank fraud.

He has not been detained over the contents of the inflammatory video.

Nakoula, who allegedly produced the 14-minute trailer for the film Innocence of Muslims, was banned from accessing the internet or using an alias without an officer's permission under the terms of his probation.

Earlier, the Obama administration had requested Google, the company that owns YouTube, to remove the clip. The technology firm refused, saying the film did not violate its rules.

The US Attorney's office in Los Angeles confirmed Nakoula had been taken into custody earlier on Thursday.

"Mr Nakoula was arrested pursuant to allegations made by the Probation Office that he has violated the terms of his supervised release," spokesman Thom Mrozek said.

He had been in hiding after the release of the video.

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19753804

The rule of law in a highly organized society.When do we get there?

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Chiefupper: 3:41am On Sep 28, 2012
Why did they cover his face now?
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by lagcity(m): 6:01am On Sep 28, 2012
this guy is a goner i swear. it is just a matter of time b4 muslims lay their hands on this guy. grin i don't know why palava sleep jeje, this man pikin go wake am up angry

3 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Pysam(m): 6:24am On Sep 28, 2012
Chiefupper: Why did they cover his face now?
if they don't cover his face a jihadist ll nt mind committing a crime to join him in prison and kill him in any where they take him to

5 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by segunjowo(m): 6:44am On Sep 28, 2012
Interesting. This can only happen in America: the land of the free, the home of the brave!

4 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by killuminati(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2012
Is he black or white?
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Turbocharged: 6:51am On Sep 28, 2012
lagcity: this guy is a goner i swear. it is just a matter of time b4 muslims lay their hands on this guy. grin i don't know why palava sleep jeje, this man pikin go wake am up angry
He think it's Christianity that they write, produce & say anything they like & get away wt it, try am wt some of these mafia styled religions, O.Y.O

7 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by acidtalk: 7:09am On Sep 28, 2012
Covering his face is only but a joke.
Because the same google (yutube) he used to upload the video will readily drop his picture and profile once someome type his full name.

But still I don't know why I doubt the authenticity of this information.

America may just say they have arrested him to calm the nerves of the Muslim world.

But as the article clearly stated, He was NOT arrested for the video but rather for a bank fraud he committed in the past.

Which means so far so good, they United state still mentain its stand on freedom of speech.

1 Like

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by killuminati(m): 7:21am On Sep 28, 2012
No mind America they know how to play the deceiving game, u knwhtimean! He was actually arrested cos of the movie but they will not tell you that rather, they'll use his recent crime to cover ishts up.

I strongly believe he was arrested mainly to calm the nerves of the muslims world. By seeing such, muslim are likely to calm down and feel like America is taking action about the so-called movie which will make the protest stop.

4 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 28, 2012
killuminati: Is he black or white?
the man is a coptic xtian from Egypt! So he is a xtian arab by birth but an American by migration.
To me, the Muslims are nt really fighting the man and his movie, but they are fighting America and Istrael, the man has only given them opportunity to do so now.

6 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by ektbear: 7:47am On Sep 28, 2012
lagcity: this guy is a goner i swear. it is just a matter of time b4 muslims lay their hands on this guy. grin i don't know why palava sleep jeje, this man pikin go wake am up angry

nah, he is relatively safe in yankee
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by dplordx(m): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2012
Chiefupper: Why did they cover his face now?

Why wont they cover his face? You want al-qaeda to attack America becos of him. Those moslems are always looking for who to bomb grin

3 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2012
OBAMA IS A MUSLIM.

2 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Areaboy2(m): 9:00am On Sep 28, 2012
jerseyboy: OBAMA IS A MUSLIM.

and you are a cvnt
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 28, 2012
Hmmmm. Weird Turn of Events.
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by victorD3: 9:01am On Sep 28, 2012

Rubbish!
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by hydoo(m): 9:03am On Sep 28, 2012
Monkey,,,,the only safe place for u is plato,,,u think islam na small thing,,,abuse islam nd go free bt u can't accuse their prophet ad escape,,,continoue hiding,,,,,pls leave islam alone

5 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by adaptor4all: 9:04am On Sep 28, 2012
Pysam: if they don't cover his face a jihadist ll nt mind committing a crime to join him in prison and kill him in any where they take him to

Dem still fit use him name get him face na..I pray dis ends well
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Turbocharged: 9:04am On Sep 28, 2012
killuminati: No mind America they know how to play the deceiving game, u knwhtimean! He was actually arrested cos of the movie but they will not tell you that rather, they'll use his recent crime to cover ishts up.

I strongly believe he was arrested mainly to calm the nerves of the muslims world. By seeing such, muslim are likely to calm down and feel like America is taking action about the so-called movie which will make the protest stop.
This is what I call reverse reasoning (reasoning from the an.us).
I wonder why many Nigerian youths will go to school only to become dummies.

3 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2012
LIKE SALMAN RUSHDIE ? HE STILL ALIVE AFTER EON YEARS OF THREAT

1 Like

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Walexz02(m): 9:06am On Sep 28, 2012
I tink ds wil calm d protest in muslim world.
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by honeric01(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2012
I feel like typing that word lol

How does this? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2012
This is just to calm the storm!
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by mekaboy(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2012
HE WAS NOT ARRESTED BECAUSE OF THE MOVIE, SIMPLE. HE VIOLATED HIS BAIL TERMS, WHAT EVER WILL BE THE RESULT OF.THE JUDGEMENT WILL BE BASED ON THAT AND NOT THE VIDEO.

AMERICANS HAVE SO MUCH VALUE FOR THR LAW AND HUMAN RIGHTS.

AND THE GOVT WILL.DO.EVERYTHING WITHIN THEIR POWER TO PROTECT THIS MAN AS THEIR CITIZEN.

IF ANYONE IN THE NAME OF ISLAM LAYS A FINGER ON THIS MAN, HE WILL HAVE THE USE GOVT TO FIGHT FOR ATTACKING THEIR.CITIZEN.

IF IT WAS IN NIGERIA, THE POLICE OF MILITARY WOULD HAVE BEATEN HIM TO DEATH OR HAND HIM OVER TO ANGRY MOBS TO KILL HIM.

4 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by fittty(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2012
Ok
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 28, 2012
acidtalk: Covering his face is only but a joke.
Because the same google (yutube) he used to upload the video will readily drop his picture and profile once someome type his full name.

But still I don't know why I doubt the authenticity of this information.

America may just say they have arrested him to calm the nerves of the Muslim world.

But as the article clearly stated, He was NOT arrested for the video but rather for a bank fraud he committed in the past.

Which means so far so good, they United state still mentain its stand on freedom of speech.

Wrong, he was arrested for violating the terms of his parole. The fraud was a prior offence.
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 28, 2012
The man is a hero for him to have the guts to produce the clip.america will definitely protect him.
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Funkadict(m): 9:12am On Sep 28, 2012
I think it is better for him to be kept in their custody than to walk about... @least his safety is still assured.
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by Ahmedie25(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2012
I know God wil soon arrest him,he wil never be stable in his remain life again,

5 Likes

Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by vanstanzy(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2012
Next u'll hear is that the poor man died mysteriously. Trust this muslims, they'll kill the man.
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by ideee03(f): 9:15am On Sep 28, 2012
The next story that'll be published is that he's dead...case closed. undecided
Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by moderattor: 9:16am On Sep 28, 2012
The man who wrote the book "The Satanic Verses" (refering to the holy Quran) still walks free after 20 years of having a $1M fatwa ransome on his head.
Nothing will happen to this man.
Just a guess though.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Of Us Polluted The Air - Kenyan Lawmaker To Speaker, As Fart Suspends Debate / Baboons Invade Cape Town Housing Estates / Meet Kate Middleton's Royal Baby Number Three (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.