Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? (3695 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 28, 2012
When someone receives the Holy Spirit and "speaks in tongues" it is a spiritual language, and there is a reason for it. It has a purpose, a use, as an incredibly useful tool -- and the bible gives a lot of information about its use.

In I Corinthians 14: 2;
"for he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries

But. . .despite the many bible references ascribe to tongues, some christians see it as false practise

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE:

Do you speak in tongues? If yes!
how do you feel when you speak?

Do you speak in tongues? no!
Why? & How do you feel when you hear others speak?

and yes! acidosis™ is a tongue addict cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 28, 2012
I DON'T!
Innumerable times, I've seen students in my skul "speak in tongues" n d
worst part, none of them are close to those u'll call ur role model.
Tons of them are leaders in exam malpractice, others dress almost
unclad, so may dress to kill, others belong to one cult or the other
*but* are leaders in church programmes like the choir, ushering dept,
prayer committee, legionaries, the band, alter boys, n so on. YES, THEY
ALL SPEAK IN TONGUES!
FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIR...
ALL FOR SHOW angryangryangry
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:32am On Sep 28, 2012
No I don't speak in tongues,it doesn't even bug me when others do hey because speaking in tongues is one of many gifts of the holy spirit.Iam content with my communication with God,and apparently tongue speakin in our society is a show off.
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by OmoAlata(f): 10:40am On Sep 28, 2012
I do not speak in tongues because I don't want to enforce it. When I eventually do, I want my tongue to take a life of it's own and just flow. I want to be able to control it i.e. stop it, but be unable to; then and only then will I accept it's from God.
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 28, 2012
Its been wonderful reading through your comments. . It is better not to even speak sometimes, especially when one isn't sure of the source (either self-made or Holy spirit).

But please is it possible for one to Have the Holy spirit (filled & Baptise), and not speak in tongues ? ?
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by OmoAlata(f): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2012
acidosis™:

But please is it possible for one to Have the Holy spirit (filled & Baptise), and not speak in tongues ? ?

I believe so, yes.
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 28, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: No I don't speak in tongues,it doesn't even bug me when others do hey because speaking in tongues is one of many gifts of the holy spirit.Iam content with my communication with God,and apparently tongue speakin in our society is a show off.

quite agree with you. speaking in tongues in a hell NO for me, cant speak what i ant understand
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 28, 2012
~vicky~:

quite agree with you. speaking in tongues in a hell NO for me, cant speak what i ant understand

But the Bible says we should desire the gifts of the spirit.. (speaking in tongue is a gift)
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 28, 2012
acidosis™:

But the Bible says we should desire the gifts of the spirit.. (speaking in tongue is a gift)

yeah but there are other gifts too
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 28, 2012
~vicky~:

you are right..

1 Corinthians 12
administration
apostle
discernment
faith
healing
helps
knowledge
miracles
prophecy
teaching
tongues
tongues interpretation
wisdom
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
acidosis™:

you are right..

1 Corinthians 12
administration
apostle
discernment
faith
healing
helps
knowledge
miracles
prophecy
teaching
tongues
tongues interpretation
wisdom
Man of God,so ur gift is to speak in tongues?
~vicky~:

true that
~vicky~:

My point exactly,y go on rantinting about the old same thing?By da way this "tongue speaking" is like people r copy cats.A sister hears a brother speaking (shaba rembebe) she will be saying the same thing next sunday
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by God2man(m): 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: No I don't speak in tongues,it doesn't even bug me when others do hey because speaking in tongues is one of many gifts of the holy spirit.Iam content with my communication with God,and apparently tongue speakin in our society is a show off.

Ah! This is not an encouraging words, it is not a matter of show off, it is about your spiritual life, why don't you seek for the genuine baptism of the Holyghost, desire it, if you are not sure of it, go to anyone that is above you spiritually to lay hands on you, Yes, it is Biblical. Acts 19:1-7" And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holyghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. And all the men were about twelve."
Be careful of the kind of person that will lay hands on you, let the holyspirt direct you. You must be ready.
You see, you must be desperate for it. You ask me why? This is because the devil, the archenemy knows that immediately the holyghost fall upon us with the evidence of speaking in tongues, we are empowered, Act 1:8. And then we will become a terror to the kngdom of darkness. So, the devil will decieve us, to make speaking in tongue not important. The devil will fight desperately against it.
You have to be serious about it, or else you will never receive the genuine baptism of the Holyghost.

God bless you.
God2man.

1 Like

Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
God2man:

Ah! This is not an encouraging words, it is not a matter of show off, it is about your spiritual life, why don't you seek for the genuine baptism of the Holyghost, desire it, if you are not sure of it, go to anyone that is above you spiritually to lay hands on you, Yes, it is Biblical. Acts 19:1-7" And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holyghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. And all the men were about twelve."
Be careful of the kind of person that will lay hands on you, let the holyspirt direct you. You must be ready.
You see, you must be desperate for it. You ask me why? This is because the devil, the archenemy knows that immediately the holyghost fall upon us with the evidence of speaking in tongues, we are empowered, Act 1:8. And then we will become a terror to the kngdom of darkness. So, the devil will decieve us, to make speaking in tongue not important. The devil will fight desperately against it.
You have to be serious about it, or else you will never receive the genuine baptism of the Holyghost.

God bless you.
God2man.
well some people are given that gift,I wasn't.I have gifts people who speaks in tongues don't have

1 Like

Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by God2man(m): 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
Omo Alata: I do not speak in tongues because I don't want to enforce it. When I eventually do, I want my tongue to take a life of it's own and just flow. I want to be able to control it i.e. stop it, but be unable to; then and only then will I accept it's from God.

if you are waiting for that you may not speak in tongue, great things start small. You move from grace to grace. You may experience what you are saying if you do 3 days dry fasting for the holyghost baptism.
The advantage of speaking in tongue is what is making me to reply. It is a coded language that the devil does not understand, we are edified. The spirit enables us to flow in the will of God "because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God"
The truth is, we are a better christian if we speak in genuine tongues.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
Why are u pressing this?is it a must for a born again christian to speak in tongues?
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Detonatorrex(m): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
my question now is:is there any consequence for a christian who has not been baptized in the holy ghost and speaks in tongues?

1 Like

Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by ijawkid(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2012
Has any1 here really sat down to ask ::::why of all the wonders the holy spirit enabled Jesus exhibit(e.g...performing miracles,),speaking in tongues was never one of them.....??

Why did the holy spirit enable the apostles and early christians speak in tongues??

What did the apostles and early christians accomplish with the gift of speaking in tongues??

Do we need to speak in tongues today or is it necessary??

What has recent tongue speakers aCcomplished with there speaking in tongues??

What we hear persons speak today all in the name of speaking in tongues,does it ryhme with how the 1st century christians made use of the gift of speaking in tongues ??

Is speaking in tongues a must for one to know he or she is filled with the holy spirit??

1 Like

Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by God2man(m): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
@ humblebygrace, i cannot really say so, because we have different ministries, but looking at the advatanges of the baptiism of the holyghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues, i will say a Big Yes.

@ denator, then such a person will soon backslide. The spiritual state without the comforter, the holyghost is not the best, especially in this end time where the Bible tells us that the evil men shall wax stronger.

I rest my case.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Why are u pressing this?is it a must for a born again christian to speak in tongues?

It is necessary, my sister..

I do read through your posts on nairaland, and am happy seeing some of the things you write, it so much correlate with your name... but plssssss DESIRE TO SPEAK IN OTHER TONGUES..
You remember what happened on the pentecost day and after
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2012
God2man: @ humblebygrace, i cannot really say so, because we have different ministries, but looking at the advatanges of the baptiism of the holyghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues, i will say a Big Yes.

@ denator, then such a person will soon backslide. The spiritual state without the comforter, the holyghost is not the best, especially in this end time where the Bible tells us that the evil men shall wax stronger.

I rest my case.

God bless you.
God2man.

God bless you sir
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
acidosis™:

It is necessary, my sister..

I do read through your posts on nairaland, and am happy seeing some of the things you write, it so much correlate with your name... but plssssss DESIRE TO SPEAK IN OTHER TONGUES..
You remember what happened on the pentecost day and after
Thanks but like I said m content with my communication with God.I also rest my case

2 Likes

Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
Brothers and sisters,the Holy spirit distribute different gifts to us,Why is it such an issue to be speaking in tongues?

In the 1st letter of Paul to the church in Corinth he clearly tells us that we all cannot have all the gifts.So speaking in tongues is a gift right?

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[t] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[t] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Let's stop debating about the works of God pls
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Bella3(f): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
Speaking in tongues isnt composary. I dnt speak in tongues!

1 Like

Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 4:34am On Sep 29, 2012
in my opinion, speaking in tongues is not an evidence of holy ghost baptism. forget all the rubbish those silly pastors have told you. what is more evident is a repentant heart and a changed life.

and I hate it when pastors ask their members to pray in tongues...directly contradicting the instructions of paul...and the silly goons open their mouths and utter gibberish that makes no sense, either to them or to others who hear them.

I believe it was paul who said he would rather speak five words in a language he understands,,than ten thousand tongues in a church.

of course the so called pastors are selective Bible readers so it comes as no surprise to me.

and prophecy, love and knowledge are much better gifts than tongues....desire those.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 29, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Why are u pressing this?is it a must for a born again christian to speak in tongues?
to me tongue is a must for a truimphant christain living..build up yourself on your most holy faith praying in the holyghost..jude.20
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 29, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Brothers and sisters,the Holy spirit distribute different gifts to us,Why is it such an issue to be speaking in tongues?

In the 1st letter of Paul to the church in Corinth he clearly tells us that we all cannot have all the gifts.So speaking in tongues is a gift right?

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[t] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[t] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Let's stop debating about the works of God pls
Is love or charity a gift?
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 29, 2012
[quote author=uhonmora]in my opinion, speaking in tongues is not an evidence of holy ghost baptism. forget all the rubbish those silly pastors have told you. what is more evident is a repentant heart and a changed life. You are d one who is silly here my dear..u neither know the scriptures nor d power it carries..the bible is not an academic book..it is a spiritual book..d eyes of ur understandin has to be opened to decode certain truths and d Holyspirit is the teacher..speaking and praying in the Holyghost is a MUST for the believer just as saying u MUST BE BORN AGAIN..if preachers don't lay a demand who will respond?
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2012
double post
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 29, 2012
@bidam:

please don't make me insult your intelligence:

what certain truths do I have to decode? or are you one of the silly pastors who I talked about, who love to impress people with their fake, display of uttering meaningless gibberish that do not edify anyone in the church?

did the thief on the cross speak in tongues? did jesus speak in tongues...all the while he was on earth?

how can you say you know the bible and insist that all christians must speak in tongues before being saved? didn't paul say there are diverse gifts?

can everyone be pastors? can everyone be bishops, can everyone work miracles? can everyone speak in tongues, can everyone interpret?

the answer is no. and I insist there are better, more edifying gifts than the real tongues....not the mystical fake mumbo jumbo you guys utter to show off to people that you have the holy spirit.

if you are alone in your room, and you want to pray to God in one billion tongues, please do. no one cares, as long as you keep your voice low.

but when you step into the church and there's no interpreter for your 'tongues' to edify the church, then it's better to keep shut because the essence of spiritual gifts is not for showoff but to edify other members of the body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by ijawkid(m): 7:51am On Sep 29, 2012
uhonmora: @bidam:

please don't make me insult your intelligence:

what certain truths do I have to decode? or are you one of the silly pastors who I talked about, who love to impress people with their fake, display of uttering meaningless gibberish that do not edify anyone in the church?

did the thief on the cross speak in tongues? did jesus speak in tongues...all the while he was on earth?

how can you say you know the bible and insist that all christians must speak in tongues before being saved? didn't paul say there are diverse gifts?

can everyone be pastors? can everyone be bishops, can everyone work miracles? can everyone speak in tongues, can everyone interpret?

the answer is no. and I insist there are better, more edifying gifts than the real tongues....not the mystical fake mumbo jumbo you guys utter to show off to people that you have the holy spirit.

if you are alone in your room, and you want to pray to God in one billion tongues, please do. no one cares, as long as you keep your voice low.

but when you step into the church and there's no interpreter for your 'tongues' to edify the church, then it's better to keep shut because the essence of spiritual gifts is not for showoff but to edify other members of the body of Christ.

Good point.....

I've asked of what benefit is speaking in tongues today,no one has answered me.....

The early christians accomplished a lot with it back then.....

What do acclaimed tongue speakers accomplish with there so called tongue speakings today.........
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by meekas(m): 8:00am On Sep 29, 2012
Sin kerekere sin pompo poro pompo ro pompo po
Re: How Do Feel When You Speak/ Here Others Speak In Tongues? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2012
meekas: Sin kerekere sin pompo poro pompo ro pompo po
Is that wat u say wen ur speaking in tongues?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Man's Destiny In Gods Hands Or Is It Man That Shapes His Own Destiny? / Prophet Muhammad In The Bible / In The Journey Of Life Knowing The Plan Is Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.