Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Update Antivirus On System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Update Antivirus On System (683 Views)

How To Update Your Antivirus On A Computer Without Internet Connection / Installing Antivirus On Flash Disk / How To Install Antivirus On Flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update Antivirus On System by quikengr(m): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2008
guys

plz how can i ipdate my antivirus on my pc?
Re: Update Antivirus On System by Jids(m): 11:38am On Jan 16, 2008
Visit the website and look for update. Antivirus such as Norton etc does allow for automatic update running when you are setting it up or at the setting tab instead of you looking for an update.
Re: Update Antivirus On System by Cedar4u: 9:54pm On Jan 19, 2008
Please I want to find out the best antivirus to use, want to get rid of the trojan horse antivirus. I was using AVG initially but discovered it was not strong enough. Right now, am using Avast antivirus. I don't know how strong it is. Please need your help on the best antivirus to use and how I can get it.
Re: Update Antivirus On System by Cedar4u: 10:01pm On Jan 19, 2008
Please I want to find out the best antivirus to use. I detected a trojan horse in my laptop. I was using AVG initially but discovered it was not strong enough. Right now, am using Avast antivirus. I don't know how strong it is. Please need your help on the best antivirus to use and how I can get it.
Re: Update Antivirus On System by uspry1(f): 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2008
@quikengr

Depend on what kind of antivirus software manufacturer name you use, be specified manufacturer name to visit website, register as user member to look for update virus patch that allows you to activate automatic antivirus update for you. It could be McAfee, AVG, Norton, etc.

@Cedar4u

If you are look for anti-virus software telling you which one is the best for you, check out the existing Nairaland thread at below:

Best Anti-Virus For Better Protection
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-99212.0.html
Re: Update Antivirus On System by maxjax(m): 12:05am On Jan 26, 2008
Kaspersky anti virus still da best f0' me
Re: Update Antivirus On System by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 26, 2008
whether u use kaspersky or mcafee or avast or bitdefender, I thinks there is really no such thing as 100% security in your computer. The best thing for you to do is try to update and be aware of what sites u visit. Sometime I wonder how guys computers get infected with hard virus. I use Kaspersky which is ok, I also know of Nod32 which is quite cool too. the most important thing for u to do is to update your antivirus.

(1) (Reply)

About Problematic Windows Vista Os / Brand New Give Away Dell Laptops(very Cheap) / Compatible Tv Card Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.