Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? (18185 Views)

8 Causes Of Marriage Failure You Must Avoid By Bamisepeters / 8 Causes Of Marriage Failure / How To Save Marriage Tips - The Stages Of Marriage Failure And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
The fear of God is the number one key. Also remember that it's not all about finding the right person, buh learning to love who you found. LOVE grows!

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2012
Kobojunkie: I think it is fantasy to think one can prepare for marriage. Sort of like saying one has to prepare for life. Marriage has lessons to teach you that you cannot learn anywhere else. I mean we have a culture that believes in preparing women for marriage, but even with all the preparation, the statistics when it comes to failures of marriages compares with some of the highest in the world. I think what that hints at is the fact that our culture system(at least that portion that seems to think it can prepare people for marriage)is faulty or unnecessary.
on the contrary,its the lack of such preparation that has significantly increased the frequency of marriage failures in this modern age. Those preparations are necessary. the prevalance of marriage failures increases with 'development' coz we tend to deviate from those norms as we try to modernize our society. In catholic church a 6month-marriage course is conducted for couples. Buh these days people dnt take such programme serious. In igbo culture.involved families conduct research before blessing the marriage.

In our modern day,interest isnt on love,compatibility buh on lust,financial stability,class,power,and so on.

Courtship is a vital part of marriage preparation. Its also a time the couple ask God to set their path right.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by fitzmayowa: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2012
k2039: [size=15pt]
Most people go into marriage without preparation(the marraige you dont prepare for is doomed to fail from the onset)
I also think one reason marriages fail is because of the decline in morals and values of the concerned parties.

Marriage is a life commitment[most people desire a successful marriage but only few people are committed to a successful marriage(commitment involves both parties taking responsibility to ensure the marriage works)]
[/size]

SECONDED
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Goldieluks: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2012
Phiozy: The fear of God is the number one key. Also remember that it's not all about finding the right person, buh learning to love who you found.

Gbam.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by MrLee(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2012
Nigerians don't learn good things from the western country, and fail marriages has been a culture of the white so it has started to eat up our good african moral of unity in the home. Op lets go back to the oreintations our grand parants used in runing an unbroken home that why i don't like white wedding.

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Adanyebe(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2012
A million dollar question..... I guez no Cash to greeze the love btwn couples
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by tjskii(f): 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Because money has taken over love.

The love of money is the root of all evils.

The lack of money too make us evil.

D matter just tire me,I tell u sincerely that iv got 4friends all considering opting out of their marriages that are less than 2yrs and d bone of contention is finance,either its dt d man isn't workin and d lady is shouldering all d respnsblties,despite this d man isn't appreciativ or hez whoring around town,d whol thing is beginnin to scare me,cos these peopl started out their marriages wth good intentions just like I did,but look at the way things are for them now cry cry
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by alphaconde(m): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
Pride and un forgiveness plus inability to make little sacrifices
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by AZeD1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
Marriage failure are on the rise because people believe marriage is a must. I get baffled when i meet a guy/girl who says i want to be married by so so time or when churches organise "singles" crusade.
Until people especially ladies realise that marriage is a choice, things will not get better.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
Most people go into marriage without being prepared for it mentally,financially and physically.they at times are influenced by many factors which includes but not limited to:
1.Societal factors,whereb they bow to pressures,thereby marrying someone they don't love.
2.Just to answer "mr/mrs" without knowing the real concept of marriage.
3.When age is not on their side,then marry anybody that comes their way.
4.Without knowing the person properly,without knowing that marriage is reality.
5.The society craze to give birth,without taken the mother to consideration.
6.Thinking that when a man is wealthy,next thing is marriage,without being prepared mentally.
I rest my case now.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
1. The primary purpose for you is marriage. You were made because of the man. Don’t kid yourself. Your priority is not your career, ambition or peer-fantasy, be careful what you say. Eve was made for Adam. Marry a man that can easily forgive you. Adam forgave Eve.Don’t be fooled. Let your guy name the relationship. When the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable. Adam named Eve (He called her ‘woman’ bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh).The fact that your relationship is eventful does not make it right. Remember Samson and Delilah.Don’t marry a guy that is not hard/smart working. Adam was working when he met Eve.Can you label the day you sincerely, from the depth of your heart asked God for a husband? Be specific, even Jesus said, “Ask and you shall be given.”Do you know that getting married is obedience to God’s word? Pray to God to give you the power and wisdom to obey His word.Your mother-in-law can be the revelation to your husband’s heart. Did you read about Ruth and Naomi?Guys are very physical. Your looks matters. It took Esther a year of physical purification to be made his queen by her king. As faithful as Abraham, his wife was to kill for.
10. When the guy is not focused on you, watch out! He might have other ladies distracting is attention. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
11. If you are not being a good daughter, you will probably not be a good wife/mother. Remember one of the Ten Commandments that say, ‘Honour your father and mother and it shall be well with you’.
12. God will preserve your husband in a package in which only your virtue can unravel. How Rebecca met Isaac.
13. Sex: If you can’t wait till after the wedding, it is not worth the marriage. Marriage is honourable when the bed is undefiled. You can only find this out after your wedding.
14. When it comes to marriage, only two people are important, your spouse and God. Some other people might act important, but they are totally insignificant.
15. Guys marry ladies that domesticate them, not the ones that excite them.
16. A guy will only marry the lady that speaks to the king in him.
17. You have to be sensitive. Eve was brought before Adam. He could have rejected her, but he knew that she was his wife. It took God time to create Eve, if you reject your spouse, it might take Him another five years to make another.
18. Be focused, you can only marry one person. If your eye is single your body will be full of light. With focus, comes clear sight.
19. Never marry someone that does not fear God, because a day will come when you will need only God to intervene in your marriage. What do you think will happen?
20. Before you say, “I do,” that habit, can you tolerate it for life? He might not change. Think about this.
21. If he doesn’t give to you in the relationship, there is a big probability that he won’t when you are married. Remember, God so love that He gave.
22. Better marry the guy that loves you not just the one that you love. It is more difficult for a guy to love; that is why the bible admonishes guys to love.
23. Be specific! Write down what you want in your husband.
24. The guy you will marry is God’s correction for all the flaws in your life. Just like Christ to the church, the husband is to present his wife holy, spotless and blameless.
25. Family is important. No the family you are getting married into because their issues will be your issues for the rest of your life.
26. Do everything to win the guy you like when you have the opportunity. Ruth was ruthlessly wise with regards to Boaz.
27. Before you say, “I do,” there is a spiritual decision of sacrifice you have to make concerning your guy. Every Christian has her garden of Gethsemane, but every praying Christian will find her angels there.
28. Jesus is the one that would turn water to wine at your wedding, not your guy. Look up to Jesus, the author and the finisher of your marriage.
29. Love of money is the root of all evil; don’t let money be the foundation of our relationship. It will lead you nowhere.
30. Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Be wise; speak what you want to see in your relationship.
31. Don’t be too forward lady. That guy can be the best thing that can ever happen to you martially.
32. A guy prefers marrying a lady that says, “Good morning,” to the one that says, “Hi.” Guys don’t compromise respect.
33. God created a feminine woman. Guys do not want to marry a Jezebel. We all know how she ended.
34. Love is not just two people looking at each other, it also involves them looking at the same direction.
35. The first time he slapped you and said he was sorry, this time he punched you and said he was sorry. The next time he will kill you and God will tell you, “I am sorry.”
36. Stop looking for a domestic guy for a husband. Are you a domestic wife? We are born in a digital generation. When you get there, you will cross the bridge.
37. Can you identify the moment like Jabez when you prayed sincerely from your heart, “Lord give me my husband,” and God did not manifest him?
38. Don’t dress shabbily; no guy wants to marry a Unclad wife.
39. Be transparent, a guy can tolerate his girlfriend’s shortcomings, but he wants to marry a near perfect wife.
40. It is a very thin cord that separates a girlfriend from becoming a wife.
41. Your heart should be so hidden in God that the guy has to go through God to find you.
42. It is through faith that you will get that husband. God will never give you anything good outside you exercising faith in Him. Remember the children of Israel could not enter into His rest because of unbelief.
43. Know this; God has a husband for every single lady. His wisdom is supreme.
44. You say you are a Christian, just the way you know your birthday, do you know the day or date you got born again or that of your guy? Never compromise salvation; it is the key to our eternal blessing, your blissful marriage inclusive.
45. Guys don’t like talkative. If you love him show it. Love is an action word.
46. Much more than your guy loving you, love yourself. Guys love ladies that are confident in their individuality.
47. The fact that your last relationship did not work does not mean that you have issues. It only means that you are not fully developed for marriage. Continue to work on yourself. Trust me when I say it is the same for the guy.
48. You are not going to get married inside the magazine. Marriages in the magazine have being edited. Be real, much more than candle light and roses, marriage is also day light and dishes.
49. Only the maker of hearts knows the two that best fit. Seek God’s will before you go into that relationship/marriage.
50.No two marriages are the same ; discover yours and its uniqness

8 Likes

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Toktee(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
I will neva promise for better and worst,thank God my church has change that slogan or what will i call,is nw for better for better,some women can hid their characters 4 years when u marry them after a month,they will start manifesting,.....i will not hasitate to kick such woman out of my houz.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
Because marriage is not supposed to be forever. Its supposed to be 7 Years renewable contract, renewable if I continue to like the company and termination if we decide to move on.

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Hemanwel(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
Someone said marriages fail cos of immaturity.Dis wil lead me in2 askin:
At wot age do u tink a man/woman is mature or old enough 2 get married?
My parents hv bin 2geda 4 d past 35yrs;even though dey married at a tender age...
How did they even meet?Of course d classical way of findin a wife 4 a man...
From my own undastandin of Marriage,there r no universal standards;there r no theoretical applications.It all depends on d parties involvd.If dey UNDERSTAND each other,if one party can ENDURE n b PATIENT,then their marriage wil blossom...
My take though!
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2012
jobaskia: @as-salam U are quite right that fear of God is a key to ensure that marriage is sustained, but in another sense a woman is the big 'factor' to make sure her marriage to anyone should be based on how she is a able to persevere and endures the challenges that comes with marriages.

For instance, when my nikkah was just six days i was relieved from my position where i worked , but i felt undaunted and decided to move , i kept it a secret between myself and my sister not to disclose to anyone. I equally ensure i was not remorsed on the nikkah day ,the officiating alfa spent just an hour to solemnize the two of us , a lot of friends/ were very surprise they like this kind of nikkah ceremony i only told my father in- law after i got another job with a company because i know the psychological impact it will have on my wife . I ensure my parent did'nt spill the beans as well. My marriage is moving to 7th year now ,but no be beans oh . All Glory to God

In all, i strongly believed is our women to salvage, persevere and endure within the period to ensure that they do not listen to side talk, mingle with friends, they should be patient, to be contented with whatever their spouse gives them . Women are quite loving , respectable, wise and they could be gullible but still have other qualities one can really appreciate them for. Like my parent now have been married for the past 56yrs with 8 surviving children and we are all doing very well .

Its a milestone to achieve, but with the right woman, God's guidance,everything is at your beck and call.

i beg to differ it got nothing to do with the fear of GOD

long back becoz of culture and social life women in marriages especially women stayed becoz of dynamics of culture and social life, i.e traditonally it was a man's job to provide for a woman while she manages what you provide as a man, society long back never accepted a woman who stayed and provided her own self everything had to be done under marriage. for a woman to have a social status etc it had to be to through marriage even if the husband was abusive they stayed in marriages becoz society at that looked down on divorcee etc so the divorce rate where very low becoz women had no other choices becoz culture and society had its dynamics that had women depend on man

now things have changed society has accepted that a women can look after herself financially so women dont look for man to be looked after but for what the other half can be put on the table, they can walk out of marriage emotionally or physically abused but she can soldier on aslong she is working and paying her rent etc

i would say tables have changed a bit, women nolonger stay in bad marriages, the game is like two rich people marrying each other if things go bad they aint afriad to divorce becoz they got money to look after her self without the other partner being involved but if it was the rich man marrying an average girl, the average girl would prefer to stay becoz she knows that she wont be able to look after her self

3 Likes

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by kpolli(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2012
Ibukunjah: Have you fellow nairalanders observed that the very joyous moments of many marriages, filled with anticipations for a blissful union suddenly get sour and "for better for worse" now turn to "for better for stay, for worse for go"? Are there steps to save these marriages? Please leave your comments.

Some worse are the worst oooooo. . . . . One shouldn't sacrifice ones life cos of marriage

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by newnaira: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
I think Life is getting harder, things aint sailing through easily and by virtue of situations and circumstances human aint tolerating each other easily.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Wislet(f): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
Duke_Nija: In a society with increased perversion, Lust, declining values, Fast life, Reverse role play, Ungodliness and the neglect of the basic principles of Marriage from the beginning, what else do you expect??

Husbands who have refused to Love their Wives with all their hearts and mind(as Christ Loved the Church and gave himself up for it) and commit to them in body and soul as one.

Wives who think their good education and new found status(thanks to the new world order) can make them equal to their husbands, thus disrespecting them and bringing unnecessary I-Know-My-Rights to her Marriage.

If You wish to find it right in Marriage, meet and ask the manufacturer and inventor of Marriages.(Read Your Bible, its his manual)
E.O.D (End Of Discussion).
Good one.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by OmoAlata(f): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2012
What Does the Bible Say?
• Husbands - love and sacrifice.
• Wives - submit.

What Does the Bible Say?
• Wives - demonstrate godly character and quiet inner beauty.
• Husbands - honor their wives and be kind and gentle.
• Husands and wives are equal partners.

What Does the Bible Say?
• Marriage was designed for companionship and intimacy.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Because marriage is not supposed to be forever. Its supposed to be 7 Years renewable contract, renewable if I continue to like the company and termination if we decide to move on.
what if she starts manifesting her bad mannerism immediately,you will have to wait till the 7th year?if you can bear her for seven years,you can stand her mannerism forever.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by duality(m): 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
Mtcheew!

Even those who think they know so much about marriage and advised others, have made a shipwreck of the institution.

Abegii!!!
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2012
bejay766: Most Marriages fail because of immaturity, selfishness and greediness.

Best contribution so far.

As an addendum, most ladies chose their spouses based on ''how much he spent on me before proposing to me''.

It baffles my imagination that a lady with 5 marriage proposals makes her final choice based on the man he has milked most leaving the other 4 heartbroken with nothing to pay for their expenses on her. Marrying for the wrong reasons starts up the marriage failure. When ground no level again, love dissappears.

For God's sake, things are difficult allover the world. Stop marrying for the wrong reasons.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Anyigala(m): 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2012
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
Most people before going into marriage do not know what it entails. Many people think its all about love and finding the right partner, but its a whole lot more than that. It requires tolerance as any relationship is a give and take situation. Some people marry in the heat of romance and don't really discuss their goals and values that would eventually become very vital and fundamental in the marriage once the honeymoon is over and reality sets in. Really, for a marriage to work, one has to be unselfish and tolerant, discuss your goals and values ahead of time and always maintain communication with your partner.

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2012
Unrealistic expectations, and undue expressions of 'exposure' (especially on the part of women). That's why.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
Tricking each other into marriage, and later finding out that the other is a fruad. Cunny man die, cunny man bury am. If you are real in relationship, a fake person will not want to marry you, but a real one.

1 Like

Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by zibe(m): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
Because women don't cook for their husbands again and the maids end up sleeping with the husbands. Hehehe
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Wsdm: 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2012
It is a general belief that "Familiarity breeds contempt". It is in the nature of human that they do not take too precious something that already belongs to them. The only way to keep the relationship moving is simply to respect the laid down principles of marriage: If you are a Muslim nor Christian, you have principles that guides you, if you are neither of the above too; follow the laws of your land about marriage rules and regulations.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2012
Prov.11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

No matter who or how anointed a person is, if their counsel is not scriptural, please don't take it. Just like the Bereans you have to search the bible for yourself to see if the marriage counselling they are giving is GOD's word. Many marriages have gone down the drains because a certain man of GOD was bais on the party I know basis, and gave a one-sided counsel. What GOD has joined together, let no man put assunder
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nuzo1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2012
pro01: Unrealistic expectations, and undue expressions of 'exposure' (especially on the part of women). That's why.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by natume: 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2012
guess most people marry for the very wrong reason.
Re: Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
Marriages fail simply because
Boys get married to girls.
Men get married to girls.
Women get married to boys.

The above has nothing to do with age

Only when men get married to women, will a marriage
Have the chance of survival.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is There Any Man Who Hasn't Ever Cheated On His Wife? / Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family / Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Triplets (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.