Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! (9139 Views)

It’s A Sin For Muslims To Vote Non- Muslims –islamic Cleric / Nairaland Islam Section Debate (NISD) / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by snubish: 4:55am On Oct 02, 2012
[quote
author=AbdulSleek]

Well, I have to disagree with Allah then. What if I told you that my mom
is dating a white man who is a non-muslim? Should I caution my mom?
Someone who raised me on her own. My mom is 43 and she has her own house
and has raised her child (me). Who am I or anyone to tell her who she
can marry? My father, a muslim man with 3 wives was maltreating my
mother. The white man my mom is dating and soon to be engaged with has
been nothing but an angel to my mom and I.

So when I talk about non-muslim marriage dont think that I woke up one
day to insult Allah.

[/quote]

logicboy,
you is still one heck of a funny dude though, i really wish you were on
this side. are u still looking for answers to the BIG questions: where
are we from? why are we here? what happens after here? then i wish u
luck man but know that life is short and u just have to do what you can
in the time that you have. peace.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by olawalebabs(m): 4:57am On Oct 02, 2012
AbdulSleek:

Conservative muslim is another name for "extremist muslim".

Two can play this game wink
get my message clear. You don't chose which to follow and which not to follow in Islam.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by wiegraf: 5:04am On Oct 02, 2012
"Defending a statement logically is what matters."

Someone once said if religious people were logical then they wouldn't be religious.

You could be a muslim and defend statements logically, something your esteemed bro could have stated without showing his barbarism. But if you really believe the statements you make and want to logically address a faith based system, well, note the word faith. It isn't supposed to be logical, it is supposed to be sky daddy or whatever gods makes me happy against reason, I'll cling on to faith since it comforts me.

By the way, in other news, many religious people forget this when they are judging people not of their faith and assume they have some sort of 'truth' which gives them reason to do as they please and trample on rights, like women's rights, as you and your bros have so graciously demonstrated. You have shown some of the inherent hypocrisy in Islam (there's lots, lots, more) as well, glaringly obvious to everyone except muslims. Also, you've demonstrated how many of your arguments are flimsy, as they are based on unjustified beliefs. Your bros would still force them on others (against reason) though without compunction if they could. Nay? They've already stated that their women are more or else property, they'd extend the honor to kafirs, etc if they could.
Anyways, Islam has a very special hell for kafirs, and its doctrine is immutable (despite being designed for the 7th century). Not to mention a prophet who took up arms himself, married a 6 year old, held slaves, massacred villages, started his own political system based on 7th century conditions, etc etc and is still considered the model human that most muslims aim to emulate. Put these things together, join them with the lack of reason in a faith based system, and you might find you are wasting your time here, also, its dangerous. You continue to question, that hell I mentioned is where your bros would believe you should be, and sadly, many would recommend their 7th century laws stand and thus you should be killed for having different views. In their minds, they would actually be doing the morally good thing, after all it's in the books, which don't lie and cannot be questioned. At the very least you will be ostracized, they don't want themselves or their loved ones going to hell with you, so they wouldn't want your evil influence. Maybe you should just zip it.

For instance, these guys still think it cool to stone people to death for (alleged) adultery
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9eb_1293414372

Others think it ok to stone victims of rape, 13 yr old ones too
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/02/somalia-gender

It's the immutable law, they do not think there is anything wrong with these

Islamophobia doesn't exist...

ramble ramble ramble
heh heh, macdaddy, is that you?
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by F00028: 8:40am On Oct 02, 2012
AbdulSleek:

1) That islam would be banned if they were to have blasphemy laws in the UK. They said that the christians believe in Jesus (PBUH) as a god but ...

lol...they would also need to ban Judaism. and we all know they wouldn't dare.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by LagosShia: 10:08am On Oct 02, 2012
snubish: "well, I have to disagree with Allah then".

so which kind of muslim makes a statement like that.

i can swear that this poster is logicboy, but i have to give it to him; one he is undoubtedly a very clever guy to pull this off, and two he has a lot of spare time on his hands to waste on endless debates.

also i wasn't aware that muslims used to debate on matters that were already clear, heya I really feel for the Islam apologists.

finally, lagos shia; permit me to commend you for your conduct on this blog. i felt like giving you a hug when i read some of your responses. but my man, no one in this section beats you at resilience sha, you just don't quit.

ma salam.

Salam.

That's sweet of you. grin

thanks for the hug.I finally got a pleasing reward.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by ayinba1(f): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
@abdulsleek

Two things; you repeated "honor killing" twice as options to non muslim marrying muslim. Please can you enlighten the house as to where you got this from? Just play along that I am a christian debating you at work.

In Islam, there is nothing called honor killing. Please explore the Quranic verses on the sanctity of life to guide you to why the concept of "honor killing" is incompatible with Islam.

The second thing is your disagreement with Allah. ( audhu billahi mina shaytanirajim) in the heat of the moment, you probably mistyped. I have followed your posts and I thought that you were quite passionate about your soul and submission to the Most High. In fact, I have never heard a Jew or Christian utter this, and you sir, are the first "muslim" that would declare this to my knowledge.

If you find yourself debating, do not tell non muslims things about Islam if you are not sure of the answer. To be sure, you have to seek knowledge and understanding. If you do not know, it is okay to say so and promise to find the right answer by the next meeting.

The laughter! That is nothing! They call your women "ninja", now that is TOLERANT. At the end of the day, each soul will answer for its deeds. I pray you find the right answers that would lead you to success in this world and the hereafter if truly you desire these .
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by maclatunji: 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
^ He is just one hyperactive guy I have banned severally I am sure.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by AbdulSleek(m): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
F00028:

lol...they would also need to ban Judaism. and we all know they wouldn't dare.

Wrong. Judaism preceded Christianity. That much I know wink

Why not focus on the issue?
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by AbdulSleek(m): 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
Why is everyone sharing hugs and avoiding the issue?

Seems everyone is now rushing to say "Abdulsleek is not a muslim and therefore his statements are wrong". Quite a fallacious statement.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by AbdulSleek(m): 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2012
ayinba1: @abdulsleek

Two things; you repeated "honor killing" twice as options to non muslim marrying muslim. Please can you enlighten the house as to where you got this from? Just play along that I am a christian debating you at work.

In Islam, there is nothing called honor killing. Please explore the Quranic verses on the sanctity of life to guide you to why the concept of "honor killing" is incompatible with Islam.

The second thing is your disagreement with Allah. ( audhu billahi mina shaytanirajim) in the heat of the moment, you probably mistyped. I have followed your posts and I thought that you were quite passionate about your soul and submission to the Most High. In fact, I have never heard a Jew or Christian utter this, and you sir, are the first "muslim" that would declare this to my knowledge.

If you find yourself debating, do not tell non muslims things about Islam if you are not sure of the answer. To be sure, you have to seek knowledge and understanding. If you do not know, it is okay to say so and promise to find the right answer by the next meeting.

The laughter! That is nothing! They call your women "ninja", now that is TOLERANT. At the end of the day, each soul will answer for its deeds. I pray you find the right answers that would lead you to success in this world and the hereafter if truly you desire these .

Look! we have a tough guy here!

Did not imply that calling women in Burkha or Niqaab "ninjas" is wrong by saying that I felt it was wrong? hmph!

Who said that honor killing is in the Quran? I didnt say that. Get some sense.

However, honour killing is a problem in our muslim community, at least in Europe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing#Europe). When muslims deny this issue the kaffir just laugh.

People do not have to insult you with words. There is derisive laughter and sighing.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by maclatunji: 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
AbdulSleek: Why is everyone sharing hugs and avoiding the issue?

Seems everyone is now rushing to say "Abdulsleek is not a muslim and therefore his statements are wrong". Quite a fallacious statement.

Hug yourself tongue.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by AbdulSleek(m): 3:33am On Oct 03, 2012
maclatunji:

Hug yourself tongue.

I did not know that it was halal to self-service. shocked
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by snubish: 3:52am On Oct 03, 2012
Q33:36(al Ahzab)
It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error.

logic boy, muslims do not debate decrees that are clear.

go away, and stop being a nuisance.

come back when you are a muslim.

end of thread

1 Like

Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by AbdulSleek(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2012
snubish: Q33:36(al Ahzab)
It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error.

muslims do not debate decrees that are clear.

end of thread

My respects sir, you made some sense in your comments. Unfortunately, there are 4 problems with your claims

1)Muslims still debate on what Allah decrees (death for apostasy/blasphemy or not (Middle Eastern Vs Western muslims)?

2)You are not a muslim as well (Including LagosShia and Maclatunji) because you debate on decreed issue as well. (Riba is haram but I have been adviced by you people that it is acceptable in some situations. Did Muhammad (PBUH) teach us that)?

3) Adding to Allah's decrees. (The Quran does not tell us to kill those who write horrible cartoons of the prophet. The Prophet was insulted but did he kill? Honour killing, is it in the Quran?)

4) Difficult instructions in the Quran. Perfect example; inheritance laws in the Quran.

=============================================================================================
1) Muslims debating on what Allah decrees;

What do we do with a thief that has been caught stealing twice or more? Do we cut the hands? In a westernn country, do we abrogate and use secular laws to imprison? What about an embezzling top politician caught stealing money more than 10 times during his regime?

The male thief, and the female thief, you shall mark, cut, or cut-off their hands/means as a recompense for what they earned, and to serve as a deterrent from God. God is Noble, Wise. Whoever repents after his wrongdoing and makes amends, then God will relent on him. Truly, God is Forgiving, Merciful. [5:38-39]

Some sharia practicing countries will cut off the hands of some thieves who are kleptomaniacs or unrepentant. Some will only imprison them. However, stealing politicians are hardly ever touched in this way. They are

What do we do with dishonest and misbehaving wives? Some scholars say beat them lightly and leave no marks and some say only separate. Before, you claim the apologist lie that the Quran does not say beat lightly and there is no Quranic justification for beating or separation, please reread surah 4;34-36 and listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFIczvqcy0I

=================================================================================================

2) You (Snubbish, LagosShia and Maclatunji) all debate Allah's decrees. You are less of a muslim than I am. You fight against certain parts of the Quran

-Riba is forbidden. Haraam. Yet you people say that it is okay to engage in it in certain sitautions. Arguing with Allah is a grave mistake

https://www.nairaland.com/1058235/having-troubles-faith-islam-please#12320985
maclatunji: ^Salam Alaykum my brother, wow! I think I can identify with some of your dilemma.However, you need to understand stand Islamic injunctions are independent of people, even Muslims. So, whether some Muslims practise them (properly) or not, those issues remain valid. As for interest, it's quite possible that those Muslim countries have little or no choice because they won't be able to carry-out international trade without those interest bearing instruments. Another thing that has happened over the years is that western banks were using interest abandoned by Muslim governments to support causes, organizations, institutions and governments that were practically against Islam and Muslims. I have it on reasonable authority that this facilitated a review of many Muslims on the matter.

Please know that most rules in Islam are not absolute and certain condition may alter their implementation. I am a little bit busy but just wanted to respond to you.

LagosShia:

So the bottom line is a muslim collecting or giving riba to another muslim is completely haram.[b]now when the situation involve non-muslims,the rule change.you're playing by their rules,so you may collect riba but you cannot give riba to a non-muslim.[/b]if the bank is owned by both muslims and non-muslims or in a country that is mixed of muslims and non-muslims the rule again change.

I am giving you these guidelines from my "marja-at-taqlid" who happens to be Ayatollah Ali Sistani and as a Shia Muslim.the sunni views may be the same,similar or slightly different depending on their interpretation.but I expect the Sunni view especially the salafist/wahhabi interpretation to be more inflexible and strict,and may be impractical from a Shia point of view.but all in all,whether sunni or shia,you should get a clearer idea about Islam generally.so I will leave you with questions and answers on riba in a post I previously made on nairaland quoting the views of Ayatollah Ali Sistani (it should give you insight as to why muslim countries may be getting interest from foreign banks in non-muslim countries) :

Riba is haraam. End of story. There is no leeway given in the Quran for riba. Muslim countries should not charge riba from other non-muslim countries but they do and you are making excuses.

What about Nikāḥ al-Mutʿah? The Shai have Quranic and hadith Justification for it but we Sunni reject it.

فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُمْ بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَـَاتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً
"Then give those of these women you have enjoyed the agreed dower" was revealed on the subject of the mut‘ah marriage."
Shia Muslims have "consensus" (ijma) on interpretation of the following verse in the Quran.

================================================================================================================

3) Adding to Allah's decrees

-Stoning the devil is not legislated in the Quran
-Killing for blasphemy (Which lagosShia loves a la Salman Rushdie and reaction to the movie) is not in the Quran

=================================================================================================================
4) Difficult instructions.

Surah 4;11, 4;12 4;176

Inheriance laws do not add up to 100% or 1

3 daughters, both parents, my wife, then they will receive

2/3 (2/9 each) 1/3 (1/6 each) 1/8 according to

verse 11 verse 11 verse 12 which adds up to

2/3 + 1/3 + 1/8 = 1 + 1/8

(I copied this from a website- too lazy to start doing the table myself)

This is one example of a situation that will be difficult to share inheritance according to the Quranic laws. There have been many scholarly solutions, all of which adjust the stated proportions of each member of the family slightly.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by vedaxcool(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2012
snubish: Q33:36(al Ahzab)

logic boy, muslims do not debate decrees that are clear.

end of thread

Truly I thought only me (mis)took him for logicboy you see him contradicting himself left right and centre and inventing his own way path and at the same time calling himself liberal muslim, how low do they come, liberal muslim do not disagree with Allah, that fact I know, a liberal muslim would actually re - intyerpret things especially when words have alternate meanings that tend to differ from mainstream view! may Allah protect us from showdowns of Shaytan and his lackeys! amin.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by olawalebabs(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pls, answering the "Liberal Muslim" who disagree with Allah is a waste of time, let channel our effort to other thread that is beneficial to the ummah.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by BetaThings: 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
maclatunji: ^ He is just one hyperactive guy I have banned severally I am sure.

Since you are convinced that this thread is based on deception, why not just DELETE it and put paid to the entire subterfuge!
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Sisterfatie(f): 11:51am On Oct 11, 2012
@op. What u r goin thru is what a lot of us atheist/agnostics go thru b4 rejecting religion. You are beginning to see how horrible every religion is. Infact xtianity is more intolerant dan islam but xtians are more tolerant than muslims. Besides alot of muslims on nairaland are delusional they seem to think dat saudi arabia and iran are the ideal states when they are both failed. In order to aid ur decision making question all religions u are aware of den u would realize dat they are all made up to fight mans fear of his motality.
Cheers 4rm an 18 yo ex-muslim atheist in nigeria and goodluck to ur mum and her boyfriend.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sister fatie did you lose religion or God?
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by AbdulSleek(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sister fatie: @op. What u r goin thru is what a lot of us atheist/agnostics go thru b4 rejecting religion. You are beginning to see how horrible every religion is. Infact xtianity is more intolerant dan islam but xtians are more tolerant than muslims. Besides alot of muslims on nairaland are delusional they seem to think dat saudi arabia and iran are the ideal states when they are both failed. In order to aid ur decision making question all religions u are aware of den u would realize dat they are all made up to fight mans fear of his motality.
Cheers 4rm an 18 yo ex-muslim atheist in nigeria and goodluck to ur mum and her boyfriend.

An ex-muslim woman in Nigeria? How do you cope? Its not like the UK where apostacy or atheism is tolerated?
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Sisterfatie(f): 2:52pm On Oct 11, 2012
AbdulSleek:

An ex-muslim woman in Nigeria? How do you cope? Its not like the UK where apostacy or atheism is tolerated?
well its hard. I'm only 18 still in the university besides my father would most likely kill me if he found out which isd what pple like lagos shia would also do, so i'm stuck in the closet. I have to pretend to believe in god, go to ,mosque etc. It's like hell.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Sisterfatie(f): 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
andromida: Sister fatie did you lose religion or God?
both
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Sweetnecta: 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
@sister fatie:
by Sister fatie(f): 11:51am
@op. What u r goin thru is what a lot of us atheist/agnostics go thru b4 rejecting religion. You are beginning to see how horrible every religion is. Infact xtianity is more intolerant dan islam but xtians are more tolerant than muslims. Besides alot of muslims on nairaland are delusional they seem to think dat saudi arabia and iran are the ideal states when they are both failed. In order to aid ur decision making question all religions u are aware of den u would realize dat they are all made up to fight mans fear of his motality.

by andromida(f): 12:50pm
Sister fatie did you lose religion or God?

by AbdulSleek(m): 2:42pm

Sister fatie: @op. What u r goin thru is what a lot of us atheist/agnostics go thru b4 rejecting religion. You are beginning to see how horrible every religion is. Infact xtianity is more intolerant dan islam but xtians are more tolerant than muslims. Besides alot of muslims on nairaland are delusional they seem to think dat saudi arabia and iran are the ideal states when they are both failed. In order to aid ur decision making question all religions u are aware of den u would realize dat they are all made up to fight mans fear of his motality.

by Sister fatie(f): 2:52pm

AbdulSleek:

well its hard. I'm only 18 still in the university besides my father would most likely kill me if he found out which isd what pple like lagos shia would also do, so i'm stuck in the closet. I have to pretend to believe in god, go to ,mosque etc. It's like hell.

by Sister fatie(f): 2:53pm

andromida: Sister fatie did you lose religion or God?

both
i want to see how you can help me lose "religion and God". maybe you can explain how there is no God, since i know i can't even tell you what i did on my first day on earth, even to include many days or months and maybe years after that.

this morning I was making salat and i remembered a man who was saying that black people can produce black and other shades of humans and white people can not produce black people. his reason and this was just yesterday is blacks have melanin in their skin and white people dont. i got that part of his argument, the reason i thought to myself how is it possible for all things both biological like humans and all other animals and trees can come from non biological things like the particle in the so called Big Ban.g?

i have noticed that there is a single direction of the lives or recycled lives of biological things: when it dies, if decays and it may even become hardened so much so that it becomes "diamonds" and others, even stone. But i am sure that stone will not become flesh and blood or trunk of tree and the leaves regardless of how long it remains.

I was wondering if there is no Creator and how did we get here and we ave not been able to keep ourselves getting older and dying and we definitely hate getting older and dying.

my sister, you have to help me to understand these things because you seem to have gotten it all figured out, know it enough at a very young age that you have concluded no God and His Religion is the answer for our lives. You may have a follower in me so try hard to convince this man searching. Its not a good thing to pretend you believe in Allah and His Deen, if you dont.

help me and i may just help you to tell your parents the truth. truth you must have gained now that you are an atheist/agnostic because it is obvious that you didnt find it with Allah and in Islam.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by maclatunji: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sister fatie:
both

When life grabs hold of you, you will scream: O God!
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Sisterfatie(f): 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sweetnecta: @sister fatie: i want to see how you can help me lose "religion and God". maybe you can explain how there is no God, since i know i can't even tell you what i did on my first day on earth, even to include many days or months and maybe years after that.

this morning I was making salat and i remembered a man who was saying that black people can produce black and other shades of humans and white people can not produce black people. his reason and this was just yesterday is blacks have melanin in their skin and white people dont. i got that part of his argument, the reason i thought to myself how is it possible for all things both biological like humans and all other animals and trees can come from non biological things like the particle in the so called Big Ban.g?

i have noticed that there is a single direction of the lives or recycled lives of biological things: when it dies, if decays and it may even become hardened so much so that it becomes "diamonds" and others, even stone. But i am sure that stone will not become flesh and blood or trunk of tree and the leaves regardless of how long it remains.

I was wondering if there is no Creator and how did we get here and we ave not been able to keep ourselves getting older and dying and we definitely hate getting older and dying.

my sister, you have to help me to understand these things because you seem to have gotten it all figured out, know it enough at a very young age that you have concluded no God and His Religion is the answer for our lives. You may have a follower in me so try hard to convince this man searching. Its not a good thing to pretend you believe in Allah and His Deen, if you dont.

help me and i may just help you to tell your parents the truth. truth you must have gained now that you are an atheist/agnostic because it is obvious that you didnt find it with Allah and in Islam.
of course I would like to help u but I'm sorry my writing skills are poor, I'm not eloquent enough so I won't be able to pass my message across. However u can start by ruminating on religion in general, ask urself questions about doubts u have about religion, read about religions that predate the abrahamic religions in the middle east and other parts of d world. Ask ur self why muslim women are second class citizens,all i'm trying to say is don't be scared to question ur beliefs as long as u are not a bigot u would come to see dat a large part of the quran is either outdated or to cruel for the 21st century.
Ciao
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by AbdulSleek(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
Sister fatie:

I really think that you are in a diffcult position. How are you even going to get married? Personlly, I know that it would be difficult for you to marry a muslim man based on your beliefs. I live with many non-muslims. The women say that they will never tolerate a man that expects them to be covered up in public or a man that can engage in polygamy etc.

My best advice to you is to find some independence. Keep your beliefs to yourself and try to find a job or a source of income that can gain you that independence after your studies are over. When you finally gain that independence, you can do whatever you want to do.

As a muslim man, I should be telling you to come back to your faith but I am losing my faith as well. I have seen numerous muslim parents threatening their 18-20 year old daughters not to try to be sexy or date non-muslims. They forget that they live in a secular country. The Quran (Sura 4) is greater than the UK law. A 20 year old woman is an adult, expecially in a secular country.

To me, it is like racism. A muslim woman can not get married to an unbeliever. When did we become superior to non-muslims? When they call us intolerant, we complain.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Sweetnecta: 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2012
@Sister Fatie:
by Sister fatie(f): 5:34pm

Sweetnecta: @sister fatie: i want to see how you can help me lose "religion and God". maybe you can explain how there is no God, since i know i can't even tell you what i did on my first day on earth, even to include many days or months and maybe years after that.

of course I would like to help u but I'm sorry my writing skills are poor, I'm not eloquent enough so I won't be able to pass my message across. However u can start by ruminating on religion in general, ask urself questions about doubts u have about religion, read about religions that predate the abrahamic religions in the middle east and other parts of d world. Ask ur self why muslim women are second class citizens,all i'm trying to say is don't be scared to question ur beliefs as long as u are not a bigot u would come to see dat a large part of the quran is either outdated or to cruel for the 21st century.
Ciao
I said you help me as your recruit, you did not even attempt to educate me. You are telling me to look at religions in general, both the ones worshiping limited objects and the one that exclude others from accepting it based on bloodline and the one that limit the power of God. You want me to use all of these to disregard Islam and THE CREATOR Who Commands it as the Way man must follow. That is a poor tutorial from you. I was ready to be a disciple and you lost that golden opportunity when you could have impressed me with all your discoveries against GOD and Islam.

You needed to rethink your position if you are doing this poorly with somebody who was ready to follow you as long as you disproof the Existence of God. That would just have thrown Islam out of the window for me. Quran says that Allah is beyond what the mind can conceptualize: He is not man made, like what the aborisha's worship. He is not a man that will die, cry, eat to remain alive, have skin, blood, can be punished and overcome by anyone, people, group. He is God of all that He is not a tribal God and piety of His consciousness in man endears man to Him. He is not unjust and His Mercy overcomes His Wrath.

Obviously not conceptualized by man, but He revealing His existence. Muhammad [sa] said he heard His Voice in the Isra wa Miraj journey. And the whole of Makka accepted that Muhammad [sa] was trustworthy, truthful and not a liar. No one in his life accused of lying even those who opposed him, like Abu Lahab, Abu Shams aka Abu Jahal. Allah exchange {tashahuud of salah that we recite in sitting position] as a Glorious Greeting to Muhammad [sa]. Tthe Angels participated in this Greeting known as tashahuud of salah. I have said this tashahuud many times, today. Allah revealed the last 4 verses of the second Chapter on this occasion showing that Angel Gabriel [as] is not Allah but a Messenger and Allah does Exist with a Voice, a Presence and Able to do all things since He by His Power took Muhammad [sa] on this journey [i remember the song we sang in elementary school about this; Oluwa ranshe paNabi, ni gbolowun kon. . . .]

The miracle above was not the only Miracle of Allah on Muhammad [sa]. The cleaving of the moon was another, so was the defeat of the pagan Makkans in the Battle of Badr because Allah gave him revelation whereby he pointed to the places the disbelievers will lay dead, people like Abu Jahal. I was very impressed with the accuracy of Quran on how Abu Lahab and his evil wife will die from Surah Massad [surah 111]. This surh for 10 years before this tragic death said this couple will die as a disbeliever, Abu Lahab never for a moment declare himself as a muslim. I can write a ton of pages about Islam, the religion of Allah on man. Islam of Muhammad [sa] has waxed stronger since its infancy in Makka when muslims were easy target of the disbelievers.

The issues you raised are of two folds; religions in Arabia before Islam of Muhammad [sa] and the treatment of women or wives in Islam.

Let me give you my opinion of what you will experience as an atheist woman with your males; in your house, your brothers will get you to stay in the back, even as you deal with your parents because they have raw energy as males, which you will not be able to match. When you marry, your atheism will not make you a man but your husband will still be the person on top of you as the head of the household. Your children will bear his last name and not yours.

The problem with many people will look at the evil somebody wraps himself in and thin thats Islam. Neither Iran nor Saudi is Islam for me. Islam is Quran, the best meaning of the the verse is the accurate meaning of the verse. Let me explain. A man may read the verse of marrying more than 1 wife and ends up marrying 10 or more, by adding 2 plus 3 plus and 1 to make 10 or multiply and add the numbers together. The accuracy is that you can have maximum of 4 and not more, while you can have 3 or 2 and as long you can marry 1.

Many husbands i know are the ones who do the house chore, cook the family meals and even do laundries. The muslim men by command have to be kind to their women folks, including their spouses. Muhammad [sa] says "be kind to your wives. . . ." Wives do not have to take their husband's name, instead keep their family names. I will not marry a woman who wants to be Mrs. Sweetnecta, instead of Ms. Sister Fatie. I have seen or been told of men who give their women folks horrible beat down. These men and their women are not even nigerians and not even muslims. I will not ill treat my wife because she is clearly my lover.

You need to convince me or I may be able to convince you. But must not remain this way; it just does not make a lick of a sense. How are you in the University and you have to take a position that does not make any sense?
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2012
I Love Abdulsleek.

I have taken my time to read and digest all posts on this thread. Lagoshia and co are just too inferior to comprehend abdulsleek's intelligence and faith.

In their effort to protect Islam, they propagate falsehood, become evil and sink deeper. The world can only be a better place to be without people like lagoshia arguing blindly. I am indeed disapointed. I was expecting much more from the self proclaimed stone worshiper scholar in lagoshia. Non muslims can only consider Islam if all their followers are like abdulsleek.

No matter how you defend islam and adore muhamed. It is a known fact that the Quran was coupled and riddled with rubbish. Copying from the bible and claiming to be the last prophet. Why must there be a last prophet? Has God given up on man? Even Jesus who claimed to be the Son of God promised the comforter, which is the holy spirit after his depature. I see a greedy muhamed determined to exert authority by force.

The same muhamedic spirit posess muslims through the fraud called Quran.

Shakes head for Islam and zooms off.

Maclatunji is the worst of all. An empty barrell making noises. If you could claim Islam can make a perfect economy, i wonder why you should be a moderator on nairaland. It is indeed Seun's fault. Bullying members and making dump posts. Rubish!
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by maclatunji: 6:03am On Oct 12, 2012
newken: I Love Abdulsleek.

I have taken my time to read and digest all posts on this thread. Lagoshia and co are just too inferior to comprehend abdulsleek's intelligence and faith.

In their effort to protect Islam, they propagate falsehood, become evil and sink deeper. The world can only be a better place to be without people like lagoshia arguing blindly. I am indeed disapointed. I was expecting much more from the self proclaimed stone worshiper scholar in lagoshia. Non muslims can only consider Islam if all their followers are like abdulsleek.

No matter how you defend islam and adore muhamed. It is a known fact that the Quran was coupled and riddled with rubbish. Copying from the bible and claiming to be the last prophet. Why must there be a last prophet? Has God given up on man? Even Jesus who claimed to be the Son of God promised the comforter, which is the holy spirit after his depature. I see a greedy muhamed determined to exert authority by force.

Maclatunji is the worst of all. An empty barrell making noises. If you could claim Islam can make a perfect economy, i wonder why you should be a moderator on nairaland. It is indeed Seun's fault. Bullying members and making dump posts. Rubish!

Are you done showing your extreme myopia? You that can't spell "dumb" have little to offer than your jaundiced view of the issues and the world.

There was once an Islamic state where virtually nobody would collect Zakat because the Islamic economic model was operating efficiently. It is factual that Islam has rules for trade and Economics. These rules allow for private enterprise and social welfare for the poor such that their standard of living will be considerably high.

There's no artificial creation of wealth and prices are relatively stable, profiteering is prevented and the State is obliged to provide the necessary conducive environment and infrastructure.

You think I have time to argue in circles with the likes of you and OP here? How unrealistic you are. By the way that ban you hate so much might come against you soon if you don't moderate your comments.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by AbdulSleek(m): 8:47am On Oct 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Are you done showing your extreme myopia? You that can't spell "dumb" have little to offer than your jaundiced view of the issues and the world.

There was once an Islamic state where virtually nobody would collect Zakat because the Islamic economic model was operating efficiently. It is factual that Islam has rules for trade and Economics. These rules allow for private enterprise and social welfare for the poor such that their standard of living will be considerably high.

There's no artificial creation of wealth and prices are relatively stable, profiteering is prevented and the State is obliged to provide the necessary conducive environment and infrastructure.

You think I have time to argue in circles with the likes of you and OP here? How unrealistic you are. By the way that ban you hate so much might come against you soon if you don't moderate your comments.

The first bold is a lie. Please show me that Islamic state that was operating efficiently- where is the evidence for such? A delusion of Arab superiority!

The second bold is another lie. If you had basic sense of economics, you would know that all economic growths are artificial due to the artificial value we place on money. Money is only paper and gold is only a rock before we place values on them.

I had a debate with Tbaba, he is quite knowledgeable. You can learn from my comment to him;

AbdulSleek:

You fail to understand that money itself is artificial. Your monthly increase in money (your salary/income) is therefore articial. Money is paper. The value given to paper is not real. It is based on inflation, interest rates and demand/supply calculations which are based on assumptions.

The twenty dollars that you hold is just paper. Should The USA be destroyed in a war, your $20 reverts back to being only paper.

If money, which is at the centre of any economic system is articificial, any economic system will have an artificial growth and not a natural one.

Gold is twice what it was worth some years ago. What is the value of gold? Gold is just a yellow rock, it is quite useless considering othefr rocks that are used in construction. The value of gold is based on so many assumptions as well. Gold, like oil is a finite resource. What happens when most of the world's gold mines get dried up? Hyper-inflation!

Even if you are talking about the gold standard system, it is still a monetary system that relies on the assumptions of demand and supply. Gold standard is quite useless where there is a scarcity of the metals. The Arab world would be at the mercy of China, Russia, USA and Australia.

Your criticism of artificial growth applies to all economic system. It is looking for perfection where perfection doesnt exist.

https://www.nairaland.com/1068269/islamic-civilisation-islamic-law-reforming#12500291

Please, I have told you not to give advice on economic matters if you dont understand economics. Please. With all due respects.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by AbdulSleek(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2012
newken: I Love Abdulsleek.

While I am flatttered at the praise, you should be careful on how you talk about the Quran and Muslims.

I dont know much about Maclatunji's moderation but I agree that his arguments have more holes than an arabic teabag
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2012
Sister fatie:
both

Siter fatie why did you lose religion? Do you believe God and religion are one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Calculate Time For Each Daily Solat / Common Mistakes During Ramadhan / Come And See jihad For What It Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.