Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! (9154 Views)

It’s A Sin For Muslims To Vote Non- Muslims –islamic Cleric / Nairaland Islam Section Debate (NISD) / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by olamkas: 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2019
Solohmony:
Jesus never claimed to be prophet and God didn't call him one in the Bible. It was due to people's ignorance in the bible. Read John 8 to know who Jesus Christ is?
Who then was the prophet prophesied in Deuteronomy? A prophet like Moses.
Where in the the Bible were the people who called Jesus prophet referred to as ignorant.
If the people who called Jesus prophet are ignorant, what then will you say of those who called him servant of God in the book of act e.t.c?
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Solohmony: 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2019
[quote author=olamkas post=84365179]
Where in the the Bible were the people who called Jesus prophet referred to as ignorant.
If the people who called Jesus prophet are ignorant, what then will you say of those who called him servant of God in the book of act e.t.c? [/quo.

1. Jesus worked in five fold ministries ( apostle, prophet, evangelist, teacher and pastor) He transferred these offices to the Church. Eph 4:11

KJV:And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

2. Majority of them couldn't be able to discern who Jesus actually is? Even the disciples it is only Peter that know who Jesus is
Matthew 16:13-20
KJV:When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
KJV:And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
KJV:He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
KJV:And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
KJV:And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
KJV:And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
KJV:And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
KJV:Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Solohmony: 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2019
olamkas:

If the people who called Jesus prophet are ignorant, what then will you say of those who called him servant of God in the book of act e.t.c?

Servant is a person who is running errand or get assignment from someone. It is different from slave. Slave is coerced to do what he/she does not what while servant has a freewill to obey or not. And servant has reward for his/her labour while slave does not.

Read how Jesus become servant in other to fulfill his earthly mission. Before that who is Jesus and why did he come to earth?

John 1:1-2
KJV:In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
KJV:The same was in the beginning with God.

Jesus is God ( Word of God). God incarnate to save men from our sins. God took human flesh and become man. That is servantship and humility .
Phil 2: 7-11

KJV:Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
KJV:But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
KJV:And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
KJV:Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
KJV:That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
KJV:And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Chemist009(m): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2019
Who argues and whines about religion in this age? I read the first page and the long epistles.... Hmmmm. I feel religion is personal and everyone has reasons why they belong to a particular religion. As for the Op doubting his faith as a Muslim because of what the co workers said in their so called debate.... Hmmmm. Is their Christianity better off?
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by olamkas: 9:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
Solohmony:

Servant is a person who is running errand or get assignment from someone. It is different from slave. Slave is coerced to do what he/she does not what while servant has a freewill to obey or not. And servant has reward for his/her labour while slave does not.

Read how Jesus become servant in other to fulfill his earthly mission. Before that who is Jesus and why did he come to earth?

John 1:1-2
KJV:In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
KJV:The same was in the beginning with God.

Jesus is God ( Word of God). God incarnate to save men from our sins. God took human flesh and become man. That is servantship and humility .
Phil 2: 7-11

KJV:Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
KJV:But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
KJV:And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
KJV:Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
KJV:That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
KJV:And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
If Jesus ran errand for being a servant, then he must have been serving the only true God, hence he is never the God. You talked of incarnation, where did Jesus himself mentioned it? If incarnation means as you described it, how then did God still existed in His form and place when Jesus was on earth, because Jesus prayed to him in many instances.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Solohmony: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2019
olamkas:

If Jesus ran errand for being a servant, then he must have been serving the only true God, hence he is never the God. You talked of incarnation, where did Jesus himself mentioned it? If incarnation means as you described it, how then did God still existed in His form and place when Jesus was on earth, because Jesus prayed to him in many instances.

The islamic conception about God is different from Judeo-Christian worldview. In Islam, God is monad and impersonal but in Christianity, God is triune and personal. God is one being but three in persons- father, son and spirit, they are equal but different in persons. incarnation of Jesus was prophesied about Isaiah 9:6
His name is not Jesus before incarnation, He is the word of God- John 1:1-2
And God created everything through His word.

Jesus talked about his incarnation in John 8:56-59
KJV:Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
KJV:Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
KJV:Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
KJV:Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed
God is omnipresence not fixed to heaven, He is the only Being that is not limited to time and space.

See what David spoke about Jesus in Psalms 110:1
KJV:The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Jesus seated at right hand of God when he ascended into heaven.

Finally when Jesus always referred to himself as "son of man" in the bible, he was referring to the prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14
KJV:I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
KJV:And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

So if these are all what ancient prophets talked about Jesus, who is you and I to believed in someone whose rose 600 years after Jesus to disprove historical and spiritual truth.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by olamkas: 6:59am On Dec 05, 2019
Solohmony:

The islamic conception about God is different from Judeo-Christian worldview. In Islam, God is monad and impersonal but in Christianity, God is triune and personal. God is one being but three in persons- father, son and spirit, they are equal but different in persons. incarnation of Jesus was prophesied about Isaiah 9:6
His name is not Jesus before incarnation, He is the word of God- John 1:1-2
And God created everything through His word.

Jesus talked about his incarnation in John 8:56-59
KJV:Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
KJV:Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
KJV:Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
KJV:Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed
God is omnipresence not fixed to heaven, He is the only Being that is not limited to time and space.

See what David spoke about Jesus in Psalms 110:1
KJV:The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Jesus seated at right hand of God when he ascended into heaven.

Finally when Jesus always referred to himself as "son of man" in the bible, he was referring to the prophecy in Daniel 7:13-14
KJV:I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
KJV:And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

So if these are all what ancient prophets talked about Jesus, who is you and I to believed in someone whose rose 600 years after Jesus to disprove historical and spiritual truth.

Tell me where Jesus taught trinity to the disciples just as you have explained it if not what was fabricated in the later day. You said the three are equal but Jesus said 'No'. In his words "My father is greater than I". Can something be greater and at the same time equal to the other? Reasoning.
You can contact me on my WhatsApp for a smoother and consistent discussion. I really want to learn because heaven is real, hell is real.
My number : 07084664678
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Solohmony: 11:01am On Dec 05, 2019
olamkas:

Tell me where Jesus taught trinity to the disciples just as you have explained it if not what was fabricated in the later day. You said the three are equal but Jesus said 'No'. In his words "My father is greater than I". Can something be greater and at the same time equal to the other? Reasoning.
You can contact me on my WhatsApp for a smoother and consistent discussion. I really want to learn because heaven is real, hell is real.
My number : 07084664678

I am Christian apologist who is solely to defend Christianity from unproven allegations.
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by olamkas: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2019
Solohmony:

I am Christian apologist who is solely to defend Christianity from unproven allegations.
Fellow nairalanders, I hope the question I put to @solohmony is clear?
Telling us you are an apologist of the highest order doesn't answer the question
What we are out to expose are the false claims Christianity brought which Jesus never preached.
I will be so please if you can tell us where Jesus gave details of trinity in the bible. I still await your response on WhatsApp
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Solohmony: 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2019
[quote author=olamkas post=84708322]
Fellow nairalanders, I hope the question I put to @solohmony is clear?
Telling us you are an apologist of the highest order doesn't answer the question
What we are out to expose are the false claims Christianity brought which Jesus never preached.
I will be so please if you can tell us where Jesus gave details of trinity in the bible. I still await your response on WhatsApp [/quote

Very simple question.
Read Matthew 28:19
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by Solohmony: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2019
[quote author=Solohmony post=84713030][/quote]

1. Why is God impersonal in Islam?
2. If God is impersonal and cannot relate with human justify the concept of God is love if He cannot relate since the concept of love can only be meanngful if two or more people are in relationship.
3. Justify with solid evidences that God is just if He can only forgive arbitrarily.
4. Since God is omnipotent then why can't God incarnate?
5. If Jesus is not crucified and someone else was placed on cross by God to deceive people. Has God now take the position of Satan as deceiver?

answer all these questions. More questions loading.....
Re: Non-muslims Vs Muslims Debate At Work! by olamkas: 11:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
Solohmony:

1. Why is God impersonal in Islam?
2. If God is impersonal and cannot relate with human justify the concept of God is love if He cannot relate since the concept of love can only be meanngful if two or more people are in relationship.
3. Justify with solid evidences that God is just if He can only forgive arbitrarily.
4. Since God is omnipotent then why can't God incarnate?
5. If Jesus is not crucified and someone else was placed on cross by God to deceive people. Has God now take the position of Satan as deceiver?

answer all these questions. More questions loading.....
I've asked a question and I think the proper thing for you to do is to answer me. You can then forward your own question after. Moreover, why do you have to ask so many questions at a time? What are you trying to prove?
I've been waiting all these days for you in our WhatsApp room. Maybe for the benefit of everyone reading here, I will in shaa Allah upload our chat so far here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Common Mistakes During Ramadhan / Come And See jihad For What It Is / Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.