Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? (17232 Views)

Poll: If the wife is the breadwinner, is the husband still the "head"?

Yes: 75% (93 votes)
No: 24% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Beautiful Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2008
almondjoy:

Mavis is sick of the thread I see. Too may blows I say. But it is all one love now! kiss

Ah-ah? Sweet sis-in-law, I was only teasing ke! cheesy You no trust me again? I no fit marry anybody from Edo State. We are all related. cool No fights either. I do not like Michael Jackson, so when my worthy opponent mentioned him, I had a sick feeling in ma stomach. But all is well now.

We are great over here. Enjoy life to the fullest as always. I trust the handsome little one is doing great.

WOW!!!! Love your pic!!! You are looking too pretty and rested. I think it is time for another little one. Hurry up please--I can't wait! cheesy

Mavis get well soon, was hoping we could do more than 8 pages on the thread shocked

I no fit marry from EDO, na wa for you o, the last time I checked the average EDO man was not leprous lipsrsealed

"Worthy opponent", sure hope that was a compliment o, or there will be no need to take the glooves off just yet undecided

Looking pretty and rested, who are we talking about, did someone give birth resently
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 5:36am On Feb 05, 2008
Dalby:

Mavis get well soon, was hoping we could do more than 8 pages on the thread shocked

I no fit marry from EDO, na wa for you o, the last time I checked the average EDO man was not leprous lipsrsealed

"Worthy opponent", sure hope that was a compliment o, or there will be no need to take the glooves off just yet undecided

Looking pretty and rested, who are we talking about, did someone give birth resently

No, I cannot marry from Edo state. We are all related I think. cheesy Of course it was a compliment. As for someone giving birth recently,---look around you. tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 11:18am On Feb 05, 2008
almondjoy:

Enjoy life to the fullest as always. I trust the handsome little one is doing great.

WOW!!!! Love your pic!!! You are looking too pretty and rested. I think it is time for another little one. Hurry up please--I can't wait! cheesy
Am enjoying life o cheesy The Lord has been good. . . . the little handsome stubborn one is doing gr8, as per another little one, hmmmm. . . dnt tell me u're a prophetess o!. . . i no fit cry lipsrsealed take kia kiss
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 11:35am On Feb 05, 2008
Dalby:

ur wife. . . or? tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2008
efuah:

Am enjoying life o cheesy The Lord has been good. . . . the little handsome stubborn one is doing great, as per another little one, hmmmm. . . dnt tell me u're a prophetess o!. . . i no fit cry lipsrsealed take kia kiss

I usually can tell the signs and they are highly contagious--as all other women's businesses---- so get far, far,far away from me please! cheesy

Next time we would appreciate a fun sized "photo shoot" to confirm all rumours! grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2008
almondjoy:

No, I cannot marry from Edo state. We are all related I think. cheesy Of course it was a compliment. As for someone giving birth recently,---look around you. tongue

A lot of waters have passed under the bridge that I am standing on, and I did not notice shocked. Maybe its my glasses lipsrsealed thats in need of an extreme makeover.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 8:36pm On Feb 05, 2008
[/quote][quote author=efuah link=topic=106200.msg1921420#msg1921420 date=1202207712]
your wife. . . or? tongue

No expose am now grin wink
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 10:03am On Feb 06, 2008
almondjoy:

I usually can tell the signs and they are highly contagious--as all other women's businesses---- so get far, far,far away from me please! cheesy

Next time we would appreciate a fun sized "photo shoot" to confirm all rumours! grin
Satisfying long inquisitive throats is not important darl. . . what's important is knowing myself that i aint deceiving anybody. hehehehehe some hassles are simply not worth it. kiss

Dalby:

u fit seal my mouth? tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2008
a jobles man is stil the head of the family, aldo he is more like becomin a
liabilty to the house,. wink
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 2:45am On Feb 09, 2008
Dalby:

Dalby, how far na? Any prospects yet?

efuah:

Satisfying long inquisitive throats is not important darl. . . what's important is knowing myself that i aint deceiving anybody. hehehehehe some hassles are simply not worth it. kiss

u fit seal my mouth? tongue

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed

I understand.

amguud:

a jobles man is stil the head of the family, aldo he is more like becomin a
liabilty to the house,
. wink

That is a very nice way of putting it. cheesy
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 8:16am On Feb 09, 2008
almondjoy:

Dalby, how far na?  Any prospects yet?

Just keeping our fingers crossed cool

How is work? dearie Almondo? Almondo Jr.s and the free world am sure you all are doing great.

Have a fun filled day wink

@Efuah

Yeah you guys won Nigeria angry, we are all one and the same, woven from the same cloth.
We are all winners anyhow.
How work now, you guys have been running away from our jobless head of house at his moment of trial grin grin grin
That is not fair o
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 8:42am On Feb 09, 2008
Dalby:

Just keeping our fingers crossed cool

How is work? dearie Almondo? Almondo Jr.s and the free world am sure you all are doing great.

Have a fun filled day wink

@Efuah

Yeah you guys won Nigeria angry, we are all one and the same, woven from the same cloth.
We are all winners anyhow.
How work now, you guys have been running away from our jobless head of house at his moment of trial grin grin grin
That is not fair o

Oh, thank you!  Work is fine. All the members of the "Almondo" household are sound asleep I hope. Off to school i the morning before I get home. Ma lazy co-workers are all fighting sleep too.  I refuse to be caught in that kind of trap tonight so I got to keep typing away.  Well, see you around and keep your fingers crossed for the chosen one.  Off to the cafeteria for some hot cocoa! kiss
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2008
Militia unseal ur mouth abeg grin. . . errr. . . pls hit me on my YIM whenever u're online!

Dalby tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by iykstein(m): 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2008
Well, the lazy man dey rely on wetin dey for bible/tradition dey take cover, hmmmmmmmmmm, e get as e be.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by debson(m): 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2008
A man is the head of his family -- TRUE.
If he is jobless, for no fault of his then the above is still true for him, but
If he chooses to be lazy in his joblessness, then he will soon lose that respect.

You can be jobless and still be hard working. I have seen people who have no means of livehood, but are very good community workers and are always ready to help with chores in the compounds, streets etc. They try to make one buck or the other from menial jobs around the community.

Likewise you see people with jobs that are very lazy and lousy at their work, and they soon lose the jobs.

Bottom line is LOVE. If there is love in the family, The wife will continue to respect the man regardless of his economic status.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2008
efuah:

Militia unseal your mouth abeg grin. . . errr. . . please hit me on my YIM whenever u're online!

Dalby tongue tongue tongue

Whats up, missed you.
Its like you have gone underground for a while.
Hope work ain't too stressfull
You've been off yahoo msg.
Have a swell week ahead wink wink wink

Meanwhile tell am say I dey greet am o cool
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by odiaseo(m): 2:44am On Feb 12, 2008
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 9:06am On Feb 12, 2008
Dalby:

Whats up, missed you.
Its like you have gone underground for a while.
Hope work ain't too stressfull
You've been off yahoo msg.
Have a swell week ahead wink wink wink

Meanwhile tell am say I dey greet am o cool
awww missed u too! saw ya offlines. . . was damn busy! Yeah, i went undeground grin it's more fun down there tongue
Stress?? hmm, don't go there o! This company is using me like a camel. . . i enjoy working thou, that makes me a complete woman. . the HIM understands wink. Buzz me when online.
Have a blessed week too. smiley

@debson. . . good point u have there!

iykstein:

Well, the lazy man dey rely on wetin dey for bible/tradition dey take cover, hmmmmmmmmmm, e get as e be.
Nice one, make him rely on tradition. . . it will put food for his table!
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by ufofex(m): 11:51pm On Feb 16, 2008
The man is, and will always be the head of the family. If he is jobless, then the word 'jobless' becomes an adjective qualifying his headship. If he is lazy, he becomes a lazy head,. If he is proud he becomes a proud head, and so on. I wish every woman has a husband with a job, that way there will be less friction in the family.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by ifele(m): 1:05am On Feb 17, 2008
Be careful my brothers with women especially Yoruba women I have not met any kind of woman more wicked on earth. Because a man cannot take care of his family for a while does that mean he is less a man. These Yoruba women they are never ashamed to remove their wrapper and expose their undies in public. But some of them are compassionate and humble.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by doggyall: 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2008
@nigeria1
that was very emotional posting
and, like you said , God almighty should lift up, and blessed any realman that might be going through this kind of suituation. Amen

But, woman respect your man, even if they can't provide now
for they were your reason to be created by God.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2008
ufofex:

The man is, and will always be the head of the family. If he is jobless, then the word 'jobless' becomes an adjective qualifying his headship. If he is lazy, he becomes a lazy head,. If he is proud he becomes a proud head, and so on. I wish every woman has a husband with a job, that way there will be less friction in the family.
Amen!

ifele:

Be careful my brothers with women especially Yoruba women I have not met any kind of woman more wicked on earth. Because a man cannot take care of his family for a while does that mean he is less a man. These Yoruba women they are never ashamed to remove their wrapper and expose their undies in public. But some of them are compassionate and humble.
shocked shocked shocked are u personalising? shocked pray u don't get some kicks here lipsrsealed

doggyall:

But, woman respect your man, even if they can't provide now
for they were your reason to be created by God.
Thank you! But some are rational, others are real pain! tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by oluomok(m): 11:38am On Feb 20, 2008
The head is the Head simple! What the Lord has ordain,

It's just that a jobless man who is lazy is a 'Mee' goat not man.
But an hard working man who suddenly lost his job should be respected and loved, yes he still mentain his manhood right has the head of the family,
but he should note that gradualy he is loosing his right, because it takes a responsiblities to be respected at by wife at home.
So get something doing young man, and i also undersatand that god does not bless an empty alter, so as a man we need a little thing as a seed to plant belive God to bless for devine havest. "For it takes a seed to become vegetation and it takes vegitation to become a forest" that it it takes a little biz to start and be great in life.

Thank u all
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by chikibaybi(f): 11:56am On Feb 20, 2008
If the guy is serious and keeps looking for job instead of sitting at home and waiting for his wife to feed him, i'll say YES, he's still the head of the family
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by ronkybaby(f): 1:57pm On Feb 20, 2008
yes ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, even if the woman is the breadwinner of the family, the man is still the head of the family cos he paid the bride price and they are meant to assit each other
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2008
@topic

Yes! Only if the woman is also jobless! kiss
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 12:26pm On Feb 22, 2008
Yeah, AJ. . . that makes more sense now! grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by sexyLeamon(f): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2008
no matter how jobless a man is, he will always be the head of the family

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Would You As Husband Relocate If Your Wife Gets A Job That Is Far Away? / Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? / Only The Woman Knows Who The Father Of Her Child Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.