Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:48 AM

Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria (30003 Views)

Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Lumia 925 Windows Phone By Nokia / Infinix Joypad Now Available In Nigeria Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
mrperfect: Nigeria is a big market for Nokia

Nigeria is a big market for just anything
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by Truckpusher(m): 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2012
After how many months of launching it in Europe and US
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by pannyman(m): 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
One wonders why Nokia did not promote their Windows phones in Nigeria earlier given the customer loyalty they enjoy here. Samsung took full advantage of their lacklustre marketing and gained a foothold in Nigeria.

Nokia just wants to offload its inventory of WP7 phones before it introduces the WP8 phones.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by KINGwax(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
Overlord999: Am using an android phone. But dat doesn't mean am a fandroid. Am loyal only to what's best for me & for most people. I have nothing against nokia. If meego was still supported. I would still be using N9. But as for wp8 hell no. Evil Microsoft is trying to suck nokia dry. And buy them cheap later on.

in case u don't knw, nokia didn't pay for license on any microsoft patented wares.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by ochukoccna: 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Nigeria is a big market for just anything
grin grin grin grin grin grin embarassed embarassed
9ja,many nation's dumping ground
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nokia shouldn't think that we are fools. We don't need those good-for-nothing old inventories. Nokia is now dead and buried in nigeria. Android/IOS Rules.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by jmaine: 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
aze: Nokia shouldn't think that we are fools. We don't need those good-for-nothing old inventories. Nokia is now dead and buried in nigeria. Android/IOS Rules.

Yet blackberry are boasting they have 50% share of the 2 million smart phones in Naija
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by NEROSKY(m): 6:54pm On Oct 01, 2012
4peace:

yes i know it obvious

but why

C7,N8 price still high
thats the 2phones my 2padis are using,me stick wif E72 since is smarter than all BB in naija,dunno of D 1 using V7...
I will still buy dat 900, buh nxt year.... #nokia&iphonesrocks!
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by UmericanGirl(f): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2012
Truckpusher: After how many months of launching it in Europe and US

Nokia is not a popular brand here.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
yes. tecno is more popular than that technology graveyard called bokia

UmericanGirl:

Nokia is not a popular brand here.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by hovic(m): 7:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guys amuch is nokia C7-00. I kinda like that fone. Thanks
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by Kitomania(m): 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
Guys am waiting 4 " Ascend P1" Huawei... BB is irrelevant now... any1 here wit info abt price in naija....
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by civac(m): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
...pls how good is nokia 701. A friend wants to sell his own.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by OXYZ: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2012
Biko, wetin una dey call wp8.Please,enlighten my ignorance.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2012
jmaine:

Lol, why say so ? cheesy . . . .One thing is certain, Jedisco will be happy at least grin

Huh? This thread wasn't supposed to get0o the FP. Never thought of that.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
omafones:

Having handled the iPhone 5 and the Nokia Lumia 900, if the 920 has a similar or better to the 900, it is definitely better than the iPhone 5.

only thing the iPhone will have in it's favour is the number of 'apps' but if windows 8 has the most important apps (there is also talk of an app that will allow android apps work on the windows 8 phones)then I think the windows 8 phones especially the lumia 920 will really give the iPhone a fight

Mr Omafones, why have you changed your opinion so fast. Not too long ago you said that comparing other phones to the iPhone is more like comparing a Porsche to a Tata.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by jmaine: 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
jedisco:

Huh? This thread wasn't supposed to get0o the FP. Never thought of that.

Well it did get to the FP grin . Maybe the The Mods are just trying to balance up their acts, after constant campaign against the marginalization of Nokia related threads . . .
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
civac: ...pls how good is nokia 701. A friend wants to sell his own.

As a current user of 701, I can confidently tell you the phone is good. Infact I consider it the 2nd best symbian phone currently only second to 808 pureview. One of the major reason why I like it is that its relatively very cheap. It offers so much for So little and I don't think its a phone you would ever regret buying.
The display is good, look, feel and form is great and the phone is very snappy.

But I have to ask why your friend wants to sell his. Hope its not faulty.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by UjSizzle(f): 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
Don't care what anyone thinks but this is good news.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
OXYZ: Biko, wetin una dey call wp8.Please,enlighten my ignorance.
Someone asked a similar question not too long ago here ( https://www.nairaland.com/1054377/what-difference-btw-window-phones ). So I would give you thesame reply I gave there.

The main difference is the operating system
(OS) it runs. Windows phones run windows
phone OS. Other smartphone OSes include
Symbian, Android, iOS and BBOS.

The OS is just like Windows 7 or Windows XP if you're referring to PCs. Its like the software which stop everyother thing on the phone.

On phones, the OS determines the user interface
(UI) of the phone, the apps you use, the phones
you buy and a whole lot of other things.

Now to WP OS. The most recent version is WP8
which is based on Windows OS. It will use
thesame metro interface as Windows 8 on PCs
and Windows 8 RT on Windows tablets.

On a more technical part, its a well advanced OS
as it uses thesame kernel as Windows 8 on a
computer and also supports DirectX. In simple
terms, these will ensure it will get advanced
apps and games as games on the PC can easily be ported over.

As regards the UI, it has a very interesting,
unique, easy to use, fast, advanced and
colourful UI. The UI essentially combines the
easy-to-use and fast nature of iOS with the
advanced and customizable UI of android. This
effectively combines the advantages of both and to me its the best, most suitable and most
advanced currently.

Finally, as regards the hardware. WP8 currently
has the most unique and exciting hardware
around.
First its phones come in multiple vibrant colours
and you can even change it on some (Lumia
820). Apart from that, its flagship device which is the Nokia Lumia 920 currently has the most
advanced display, the most advanced camera,
the best mapping or navigation
system and much better battery life than its
competitors. It also has other nice features like
a solid and beautiful build, wireless charging, NFC support and a curved screen.

In essence, I think I've been able to give you a
good summary of windows phone operating
system and the latest version in particular.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by civac(m): 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
jedisco:

As a current user of 701, I can confidently tell you the phone is good. Infact I consider it the 2nd best symbian phone currently only second to 808 pureview. One of the major reason why I like it is that its relatively very cheap. It offers so much for So little and I don't think its a phone you would ever regret buying.
The display is good, look, feel and form is great and the phone is very snappy.

But I have to ask why your friend wants to sell his. Hope its not faulty.

He is not a close friend but said he jus want to upgrade. is there anything i should look out for?
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by OXYZ: 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
Jedisco thank u,I appreciate your efforts.
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by Sheyun(m): 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nokia N8 for 45k. Super clean with all accessories, just like new.
intrested, 07069471981
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by emmysharp(m): 5:11am On Aug 14, 2013
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by waxliv: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
[b][/b]
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by waxliv: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
hi pals I gat a nokia lumia 900 for sell here at affordable price
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by Nsonaso(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
jedisco: Nokia Lumia phones are now officially a available in Nigeria. I saw it on their Facebook page some days ago although I didn't see it on any of the online stores.

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=433088150060859&id=128858240483853&set=a.299044416798567.65160.128858240483853&refid=17&_ft_=fbid.433088176727523
If they like, let them sell it for N100 I will never use my hard earned money to buy any Nokia Windows phone or any Windows phone from any other manufacturer again.... Even the so called Nokia Android is a mess.... Nokia socks
Re: Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria by saleskara: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
The Lumia phones remain a great phone. Now taken over by Microsoft. There was a post that listed most of the specs of the phone. it may interest you to read it

http://blog.kara.com.ng/nokia-lumia-price-and-specification-in-nigeria/
jedisco:
Just came across it today on smartbuy. Lumia 900 goes for 96k, 800 for 63k and 710 for 33k.

http://www.smartbuy.com.ng/index.php/our-store/browse/25-nokia?sef=hc

I think its only 710 thats adequately priced in relation to prices worldwide. I expect their prices to fall really quickly especially if 920 comes in early.

Come to think of it, I don't know why these phones are coming so late.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get 1gb Data For N50 Or 2gb For N100! / I Accidentally Sent Airtime To A Wrong Number / What's Your Current Best Social Media Of Chatting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.