Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:22 PM

Do We Sin Every Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Sin Every Day? (1532 Views)

Lagos Prostitute Confesses: “how I Slept With 30 Men Every Day” / Do We Sin Because We Are Sinners Or We Are Sinners Because We Sin? / How And When Does God Discipline Us Whenever We Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Sin Every Day? by tobechi20(m): 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2012
Do we sin every day? Is it posible to stay a day witout sin?
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by k2039: 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2012
[size=13pt]It is possible to stay days without sinning
[/size]
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by UmericanGirl(f): 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
k2039: [size=13pt]It is possible to stay days without sinning
[/size]

I think this is the first time I disagree with you. IMO.. We could go days without physically sinning, but our hearts are impure. We cannot keept our hearts and thoughts impure.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 30, 2012
lol, christian dilemma and confusion...

Psalm 51
Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by k2039: 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
musKeeto: lol, christian dilemma and confusion...

Psalm 51
Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

[size=13pt]Sin does not have any meaning to an athiest like Muskeeto .In actual fact the only true sin is stupidity and the first person you hurt with that sin is yourself.
[/size]
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2012
k2039:

[size=13pt]Sin does not have any meaning to an athiest like Muskeeto .In actual fact the only true sin is stupidity and the first person you hurt with that sin is yourself.
[/size]

Wetin concern ur answer concern d Op?
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by k2039: 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2012
UmericanGirl:

I think this is the first time I disagree with you. IMO.. We could go days without physically sinning, but our hearts are impure. We cannot keept our hearts and thoughts impure.

[size=13pt]
Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
The more I learn about God's grace and the sacrifice Jesus made, the more I believe it's possible,their are levels and dimensions in Christ(spiritual maturity).
It's not like have gotten their,infact i'm not even close but looking forward to Jesus,I know it is possible and I will get their(It is all about a perfect relationship with the Holy Spirit
[/size]
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
k2039:

[size=13pt]
Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
The more I learn about God's grace and the sacrifice Jesus made, the more I believe it's possible,their are levels and dimensions in Christ(spiritual maturity).
It's not like have gotten their,infact i'm not even close but looking forward to Jesus,I know it is possible and I will get their(It is all about a perfect relationship with the Holy Spirit
[/size]

Lo, christian dilemma and confusion..

1 Like

Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by k2039: 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2012
musKeeto:

[size=13pt]Muskeeto are you sick,that I said the truth about my state is now dilemma and confusion.
[/size]
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
k2039:

[size=13pt]Muskeeto are you sick,that I said the truth about my state is now dilemma and confusion.
[/size]

I hope to be there, but I'm not there, but by faith I see myself there, but it's by his grace which are enough for me, not by works, but I still have a lot to do to get there..

lmao, christian dilemma and confusion...
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by OmoAlata(f): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2012
tobechi20: Do we sin every day? Is it posible to stay a day witout sin?

I honestly don't know but what do we count as sin? If I shout at the kids to hurry up and rush them out of the door, or rush them to eat, thereby being impatient, is impatience a sin? Sometimes I do wish I could be more patient with the children but then again.......... or when at work, if I engage in conversation with a colleague about another colleague, who isn't present, isn't that a sin - a sin of gossiping (even though it's nothing negative)? Or is gossiping ONLY when it's something negative about the person

When a fellow woman walks past in tight-hugging clothes, thinking she looks da bomb, and I think, "what does she look like? Did she look at the mirror before leaving her house"? Is that a sin? LOL.

You know what I'm saying??
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Image123(m): 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
Jesus came to save us from sin. Jesus fulfilled His mission.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by k2039: 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
musKeeto:
I hope to be there, but I'm not there, but by faith I see myself there, but it's by his grace which are enough for me, not by works, but I still have a lot to do to get there..

lmao, christian dilemma and confusion...
[size=13pt]Is that what I wrote,seriously I know you are sick(get well soon)
[/size]
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by mkmyers45(m): 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2012
Omo Alata:

I honestly don't know but what do we count as sin? If I shout at the kids to hurry up and rush them out of the door, or rush them to eat, thereby being impatient, is impatience a sin? Sometimes I do wish I could be more patient with the children but then again.......... or when at work, if I engage in conversation with a colleague about another colleague, who isn't present, isn't that a sin - a sin of gossiping (even though it's nothing negative)? Or is gossiping ONLY when it's something negative about the person

When a fellow woman walks past in tight-hugging clothes, thinking she looks da bomb, and I think, "what does she look like? Did she look at the mirror before leaving her house"? Is that a sin? LOL.

You know what I'm saying??
Thou shall not Judge and thou shall not bear false [gossiping]
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:14pm On Sep 30, 2012
What is sin, then? Start us of with a definition(yours, of course), first.
tobechi20: Do we sin every day? Is it posible to stay a day witout sin?
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by tobechi20(m): 1:41am On Oct 01, 2012
Jenwitemi: What is sin, then? Start us of with a definition(yours, of course), first.

sin , to me, is any offence against God either by our thoughts, words, deeds and omision against the wil of God.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 01, 2012
musKeeto:
muskeeto, muskeeto, muskeeto, you are becoming an evangelical atheist.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:51am On Oct 01, 2012
Okay. You are talking about thought crimes, then. Can you elucidate on those crimes for us. What are they? What is it that pis.ses god off? Mind you, do not use aqny quote from the bible or koran because i am a hindu today, meaning that your quotes from those book s will be meaningless and unacceptable to me. So, i want examples that are neutral, lacks religious taints and acceptable to all peoples of all religions and no religions too. God is supposed to be neutral, right.
tobechi20:

sin , to me, is any offence against God either by our thoughts, words, deeds and omision against the wil of God.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by ijawkid(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2012
Ofcus we do...

We sin knowingly and un-knowingly...

By default we make mistakes inadvertently...

So we sin everyday....

1 Like

Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Image123(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2012
Ofcus we do...

We sin knowingly and un-knowingly...

By default we make mistakes inadvertently...

So we sin everyday....

If we sin everyday, it either means that Jesus failed miserably in His purpose of coming OR that we fail miserably in obtaining what Jesus came to give us.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Jesus came to save us from our sins, that was His primary purpose. Anybody still living a defeated life under sin everyday is missing out big time, maybe because he is looking at something else.

2Co 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place.

Zachariah the priest prophesying about Jesus had these to say;

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

God visited His people so that we can be delivered to serve Him without fear in holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life, every day. It takes grace, and that grace has been given already.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

John 1 says "grace and truth came by Jesus Christ". Jesus brought us grace, that's what we get anytime we share the grace, its not just religious or routine. That grace teaches us to live righteously and godly. That grace helps us from perpetually sinning knowingly and unknowingly and making all kinds of mistakes. This is the very purpose for a new testament.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by ijawkid(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2012
Image123:

If we sin everyday, it either means that Jesus failed miserably in His purpose of coming OR that we fail miserably in obtaining what Jesus came to give us.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Jesus came to save us from our sins, that was His primary purpose. Anybody still living a defeated life under sin everyday is missing out big time, maybe because he is looking at something else.

2Co 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savor of his knowledge by us in every place.

Zachariah the priest prophesying about Jesus had these to say;

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

God visited His people so that we can be delivered to serve Him without fear in holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life, every day. It takes grace, and that grace has been given already.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

John 1 says "grace and truth came by Jesus Christ". Jesus brought us grace, that's what we get anytime we share the grace, its not just religious or routine. That grace teaches us to live righteously and godly. That grace helps us from perpetually sinning knowingly and unknowingly and making all kinds of mistakes. This is the very purpose for a new testament.

When I say we sin everyday it means we are imperfect......abi u perfect??

Christ dying for us doesn't mean we became perfect immediately......

It means we have d hope of becoming perfect in Gods kingdom.....

Tell me u haven't made a mistake today....

2 Likes

Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Image123(m): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2012
ijawkid:

When I say we sin everyday it means we are imperfect......abi u perfect??

Christ dying for us doesn't mean we became perfect immediately......

It means we have d hope of becoming perfect in Gods kingdom.....

Tell me u haven't made a mistake today....
While you are at it, throwing words anyhow, let me throw you a few. Okay just three, at least in the mouth of three sound witnesses, every word will be established.
-Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
-Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
-2Co 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

So mr, by God's grace, i am perfect. The scripture is given to us so that we should be perfect,
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

And don't dull yourself, some people like me are already perfect, yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
Phi 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Do i make mistakes? there are many types of mistake. Not every mistake is a sin. Sin is to miss the mark of God's standard of righteousness. i can make mistake and forget to shut the door, or buy the groceries, or miss my bus, or step on your head. God is not requiring such angelic perfection of always on time, never forgetting anything, spick-and-span, clothes always ironed and shoe never dusty. But God does not want us to ever commit sin again. That is the mirror shown us in the Bible, it is left to every sincere believer to look into the mirror and correct,with God's grace, every area where he/she is missing it, instead of cockily giving excuses to have the last word on NL.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by tobechi74: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
Image123:
While you are at it, throwing words anyhow, let me throw you a few. Okay just three, at least in the mouth of three sound witnesses, every word will be established.
-Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
-Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
-2Co 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

So mr, by God's grace, i am perfect. The scripture is given to us so that we should be perfect,
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

And don't dull yourself, some people like me are already perfect, yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
Phi 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Do i make mistakes? there are many types of mistake. Not every mistake is a sin. Sin is to miss the mark of God's standard of righteousness. i can make mistake and forget to shut the door, or buy the groceries, or miss my bus, or step on your head. God is not requiring such angelic perfection of always on time, never forgetting anything, spick-and-span, clothes always ironed and shoe never dusty. But God does not want us to ever commit sin again. That is the mirror shown us in the Bible, it is left to every sincere believer to look into the mirror and correct,with God's grace, every area where he/she is missing it, instead of cockily giving excuses to have the last word on NL.

but in d book of james, IF U KNOW WAT TO DO AND YOU DO NOT DO IT, IT IS A SIN.

My broda, if u forget to shut the door of ur office, ur boss in d ofice can query u. MOSES struk d rod twice instead of once,it was noted as a sin and he was punishd. NEGLIGENCE OF DUTY OR FORGETFULNES can b a sin.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Image123(m): 11:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
can be.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by mkmyers45(m): 12:00am On Oct 03, 2012
Image123: can be.
Are you?
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by haibe(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2012
@op why the generalisation? Do "WE" sin everyday day.

Well its not possible everyone in the world sins everyday neither is it possible that everyone in the whole world are living without sin, the reason being for the former is that some people have accepted the provision which christ has made for our salvation, the reason for the latter is that not everyone is saved.

So op my answer to ur question is "we don't all sin everyday", some do, some do not.

According to the bible, it is possible to leave a. Sin free life, that's. Why christ came, to defeat the power of sin, if it were not possible, then God wouldnt require us to be holy as he is holy (1 peter 1:15-16) and if it was not possible to be perfect in holiness, we would not be required to be perfect (mattew 5:58).

Note: God requires moral perfection and not financial, academic...perfection.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by haibe(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2012
tobechi74:
NEGLIGENCE OF DUTY OR FORGETFULNES can b a sin.

Yes i agree that negligence of duty 'can be' sin but forgeting that i ought to do sometin? I will say no. Why? Because the heart doesnt go with it, its un-intentional, its all about your heart towards things, sin starts from the heart/thought.

James said "he that KNOWETH to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin"

Someone that forgets doesnt KNOW at that moment.

Example if i KNOW(maybe by the holy spirit) that i should give that begger something on the street when i have a lot with me or preach the gospel to a man on the street and i do not, then its sin.

But what if i wanted to but i forgot to, that cant be sin, i wished to but i forgot to, that cant be sin. God looks at the inward man not the action itself, we are humans, we can always forget things.

But if i remember that i should preach to somone and i dont, that is sin.

So about forgetfullness, i dis agree with you, its not intentional meaning it did not come from the heart and God looks at the heart. Thats why not everything that is a sin before man is sin before God, man looks on the outward while God on the inward.. So lets always examine matters carefully before we conclude..
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by Image123(m): 3:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
mkmyers45: Are you?
are you what?
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by tobechi20(m): 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
haibe:

Yes i agree that negligence of duty 'can be' sin but forgeting that i ought to do sometin? I will say no. Why? Because the heart doesnt go with it, its un-intentional, its all about your heart towards things, sin starts from the heart/thought.

James said "he that KNOWETH to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin"

Someone that forgets doesnt KNOW at that moment.

Example if i KNOW(maybe by the holy spirit) that i should give that begger something on the street when i have a lot with me or preach the gospel to a man on the street and i do not, then its sin.

But what if i wanted to but i forgot to, that cant be sin, i wished to but i forgot to, that cant be sin. God looks at the inward man not the action itself, we are humans, we can always forget things.

But if i remember that i should preach to somone and i dont, that is sin.

So about forgetfullness, i dis agree with you, its not intentional meaning it did not come from the heart and God looks at the heart. Thats why not everything that is a sin before man is sin before God, man looks on the outward while God on the inward.. So lets always examine matters carefully before we conclude..

yes, for an action to be a sin, it has to don wit ful knowleje dat it displeases God and stil go ahead to do it.

Consider dis

if a xtian promise to pray every nite and ends up forgeting on a particular nite, is it a sin

remember ten virgen wu didnt come wit xtra oil, they didnt enter d party.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by tobechi20(m): 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
Jenwitemi: Okay. You are talking about thought crimes, then. Can you elucidate on those crimes for us. What are they? What is it that pis.ses god off? Mind you, do not use aqny quote from the bible or koran because i am a hindu today, meaning that your quotes from those book s will be meaningless and unacceptable to me. So, i want examples that are neutral, lacks religious taints and acceptable to all peoples of all religions and no religions too. God is supposed to be neutral, right.

hard to ansa u witout usin bible

let me try,

sinin by thought means tinkin of anytin contraly to Gods wil or xpectation.

E.g doubtin God existence is a thought crime against

thought is dangerous. It matures to words and later action. ENVY, JELOUSY are thought sins.

Wen u see a lady helpless and alone, u start imaginin haw to seeeex her.dat is THOUGHT SIN.then u tel her ur intention,and ask for her permision.THAT IS WORD SIN. Then u rape her if she refuses. THAT IS ACTION SIN.
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by mkmyers45(m): 10:34am On Oct 04, 2012
Image123:
are you what?
are you perfect?
Re: Do We Sin Every Day? by destinedtee(m): 11:25am On Oct 04, 2012
k2039: [size=13pt]It is possible to stay days without sinning
[/size]

Seconded smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Dont Thm / Pope Francis Speech At The Conclusion Of Third Vatican Council. / God Doesn't Exist, If Its A Lie Can U Proof His Existence??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.