Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s (947 Views)

Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / Pregnant Traveller To The U.s / The Bitter-truth As An International Student In The Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s by newacca: 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2012
@all,
pls. help me! My wife departed Nigeria on 29th Sept.2012 on KLM flight which was due to transit in Amsterdam after which the traveller connect flight to her final destination,which is Florence in this case. She took her Nigeria mobile line with her and I was able to call her on the phone when she got to Amsterdam. She has to wait from 5:00 am to 8:40pm when the connecting flight will depart Amsterdam to Amerigo Vespucci Airport Florence,which will arrive Florence @ 10:45pm.
I was also able to chat online with her when she got to Amsterdam,I think there is free internet service there. She told me she needs a rest while chatting with her around 12:55pm Sunday and told me she will come back online in the nxt 3hrs. I called her on the fone around the same time,but the mobile network was not connecting and she did not come online. Initially,I did not get worried because I concluded maybe the plan has departed Amsterdam and she probably might be on board. Since last night,I have not heard from her and I am worried a bit. She is a first time traveller,an International student.
I am calling on fellow Nairalanders who are experienced to throw in advice and suggestion about what might have happened or what is really happening. I was told pay fone centres around d Florence Airport close @ 8:00 pm and that she needs a home address to get a simcard to be able to call. I am worried. Please help me with useful infos.
Thank you all.
Re: First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s by shema: 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hi bruv...she is alright. Provided she has some money. Don't worry, she will get intouch with you pretty soon.
Re: First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s by DisGuy: 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
or call her school/accomodation officer just to confirm
Re: First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s by newacca: 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
thx so much every one. she is trying 2 fit in. her fones were dead n the chargers r diff. 4rm what she sees in 9ja grin d schl sef dey operate on OYO Own Your Own level as long as u pay dem fee. accommodation,trans etc na on ur own.I am now connecting with her on FB. Thank u everyone! Grazie mille.
Re: First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s by shema: 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hahaha...Oko iyawo. Alhamdulilahi.
newacca: thx so much every one. she is trying 2 fit in. her fones were dead n the chargers r diff. 4rm what she sees in 9ja grin d schl sef dey operate on OYO Own Your Own level as long as u pay dem fee. accommodation,trans etc na on ur own.I am now connecting with her on FB. Thank u everyone! Grazie mille.
Re: First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s by newacca: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
@shema,
thx.
Re: First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s by llbhuds: 7:51am On Oct 04, 2012
shema: Hahaha...Oko iyawo. Alhamdulilahi.
Abi oooo I no blame d bros oooo
Re: First Time Traveller (international Student) S.o.s by Talk2naija(m): 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
She is fine

(1) (Reply)

Uk Ban / The Ibadan Chino And Tosin7 Didn't Know... / What Are The Processes To Take In Travelling Abroad For First Timers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.