Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Oro Festival - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oro Festival (3492 Views)

10 Lines & Paragraph On Dussehra Festival In English Hindi / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Rocks Indian Attire To The Loveworld Festival / Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oro Festival by hotfunmi(f): 1:02am On Jan 17, 2008
I saw the osu tread and remembered the oro festival in ondo state. Why does the govt allow such barbaric festivals that are characterized by behaeading innocent human beings to exist? My little cousin got missing three years ago during the oro festival, although there is no proof as to who kidnapped her, there is a strong indocation that the festival is responsible for her disappearance. What is the essence of this stupid unGodly festival? and why are we still preserving it in yorubaland in the name of culture? I am sure there will be similar festivals that behead thousands of people yearly in every part of Nigeria.
Re: Oro Festival by MasterJayJay: 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
embarassed
Re: Oro Festival by GoodIsGod: 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2023
The guys who insult christians for embracing a foreign religion and rejecting their forefathers religion should be in the best position to answer your question
They want the religion preserved
Re: Oro Festival by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2023
GoodIsGod:
The guys who insult christians for embracing a foreign religion and rejecting their forefathers religion should be in the best position to answer your question
They want the religion preserved
What is wrong with wanting to preserve traditional religions? So long as Oro does not keep me from doing my own life, I am fine with it. The problem was those who didn't subscribe to the religion were forced into participating and that didn't make sense at all. undecided
Re: Oro Festival by AllenforGOD(m): 11:48am On Mar 16, 2023
undecided What has God and His Kingdom to do with illogical things that doesn't concern Him?
beheading humans for sacrifices rendered to their useless god
it's exclusively stupid abeg,if ya lyk make u dey waka up and down make them behead u give their gods.
^_^
Re: Oro Festival by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:53pm On Mar 16, 2023
Egungun be careful nah express you dey go! embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Bishop: Muslims Leaving Islam For Christianity Due To Islamic Terrorism / Danger Waiting For All Christians In The University / True Christians Don't Celebrate Birthdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.