Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience (11349 Views)

This will shock your Mind!!!!! / Heads Of Federal Agencies As Of Last Year (jonathan's Administration) / Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Idokojimmy: 5:27am On Oct 03, 2012
THE presidency has been alerted to a growing practice of money for employment in federal para-military agencies as some youth leaders have dispatched detailed petition to President Goodluck Jonathan over the development.
The revelation was made at the national roundtable on Nigeria’s Independence celebration, attended by over 40 youth leaders in Abuja and hosted by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Matters, Mr Jude Imagwe, who vowed to report the matter to the president.

Various youth leaders at the event were making contributions on the way forward for the nation until the coordinator for Youth Coalition Against Corruption, Mr Greg Asali, alerted the gathering to a practice  in many federal agencies, declaring that “unemployed graduates are being levied huge sums of money for job in  many agencies.”
Asali told the gathering that various sums of money are collected from job seekers, especially in the para-military agencies as well as some other federal parastatals, pointing out that he has exact figures of money collected for job in each of the agencies.

The youth leader listed the para-military agencies and the amount they demand as follows: Immigration Service -N500,000; Customs Service - N500,000; Police Service -N400,000; Prisons Service -N300,000 and the Civil Defence Corps, N300, 000.
The angry youth leader told the gathering that many well-to-do job seekers even pay more than the amount to get the job and that many unemployed from poor families are denied of opportunities even when they are qualified.

Worried by the youth leader’s claim, the presidential aide asked for clarification on the volatile statement and other youth leaders in the hall came out to give details of their own experiences on the subject matter.
Asali noted further that the practice was pushing many unemployed graduates to the edge, urging the presidential aide to take the matter directly to the president.

The youth leader noted that in some agencies, job seekers who cannot raise money are made to sign bond to forfeit three-month salaries if and when the job is offered to them.

He stated that strong syndicates operate across the said agencies that smoothly run the operations with those who pay getting the job and those who fail to pay losing out in the employment processes.

“Please help us tell Mr President to stop these cabals and throw open the employment process. Little spaces available should not be sold to the children of the rich,” Asali pleaded.

Commenting on Mr Asali‘s submission, Imagwe expressed shock and disbelief at the disclosure and affirmed that the presidency is not aware of such activities in such agencies.

“President Jonathan is a due process leader and he will not condone any agency indulging in such practices. I will compile a full report and I believe the matter will be duly investigated and acted upon,” Imagwe said.
It will be recalled that for some time now, allegations of money for job had been rife in Abuja. It was learnt that the syndicates operate easily because vacancies in many federal agencies are no longer declared publicly as slots are allegedly shared among key public elected and appointed public officials.

The National Assembly had recently questioned employment of 6,000 new employees by the Civil Defence Corps without advertisement but the matter was not pursued further.
Calls to affected agencies for clarifications were not returned and in one agency, an official declined comment due to the sensitivity of the matter.

HIGHLIGHTS

Immigration Service   N500,000

Customs ServiceN500,000

Prisons Service        N300,000

Civil Defence        N300, 000

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/48540-money-for-jobs-in-federal-agencies-youths-petition-presidency-presidents-aide-expresses-shock

2 Likes

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2012
very true! my friend payed 600k for customs job n he works there now. shame
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by dannywest: 8:52am On Oct 03, 2012
Jenams: very true! my friend payed 600k for customs job n he works there now. shame

For how much salary? Nigeria's rotten shaa
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by solomto(f): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2012
This is bad for our country.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by PrettyRita(f): 8:58am On Oct 03, 2012
Jenams: very true! my friend payed 600k for customs job n he works there now. shame
This is serious, so only the rich get employed?
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 03, 2012
very true indeed. A friend passed the SSS interview in Owerri, Only for his name to be substituted in Abuja. who is fooling who?
undecided
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by adidimeme(m): 9:00am On Oct 03, 2012
Shameless nigeria, hope to relocate back to ontario soon
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by wandeay: 9:00am On Oct 03, 2012
wtf! That amount is ridiculous, Nigeria home of corruption!
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by LeJeun3: 9:06am On Oct 03, 2012
Nigeria go survive!
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by cj1080(m): 9:11am On Oct 03, 2012
Federal Ministry of foreign affairs: 450,ooo

Federal hospital: 450,000 to 470,000

Federal library: 200,000

Federal urban and regional: 150,000

these are figures from people.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Chirolechick: 9:12am On Oct 03, 2012
so true, my galfrnd was promised a federal job but only if she can pay 300k, she's bn runnin around 2 get the money, wen i asked y she wld do dat 4 a job, she said its the trend. naija oni baje
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by idlaw2k3(m): 9:13am On Oct 03, 2012
Two weeks ago my friend was told to pay N250k to get employed with the civil defence he could only raise N150k he said he pleaded with the officer that once employed he would forego his salary until he completes the balance, but the officer told him he is not serious.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by polokor60(m): 9:15am On Oct 03, 2012
why are you guys surprised!!!it's being going on for a very long time now.for anyone without some connection to gain employment in the government or sometimes the private sector,YOU MUST ROGER SOMETHING.the price is from #300,000 to ..........................worst of it all is that you must roger 300,000k to become a teacher in the public sector of naija,hahaha naija we hail thee. grin cheesy grin cheesy angry angry sad embarassed cool
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Obinoscopy(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2012
The Presidential aide can't deny not knowing that there is lack of transparency in the recruitment process within our parastatals and ministries. Its even people like him that give out slots to people based on IM (Ima Madu). Those people who gets the slots from him based on connection then resort to selling out the offer to job applicants.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nwandol: 9:17am On Oct 03, 2012
This is soooooo true,a friend of mine was told to bring 300k if she wants to get a fire service job. cry cry cry
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 03, 2012
Pay millions to get a job?..what's this country turning to..time may come when we will be paying to breath in this country if care is not taken

1 Like

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by slimojas89(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2012
ABEG HOW MUCH BE THE SALARY WEY ALL THIS BIG MONEY DEY COME UP?
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by luluosas(m): 9:25am On Oct 03, 2012
Whenever I consider the ills going on behind the scene, I normally weep for this great nation.
All these issues raised here are 'OPEN' secrets. Imagine a Nurse looking for job being asked to pay N250,000 before he/she will be offered the job.
So I use to ask myself: When such a person finally gets the job, will they not first consider recovering their bribe money?
As you can see, CORRUPTION will never end in Nigeria any time soon. Therefore, you as a God fearing citizens of Nigeria, expose any corrupt practices you will ever come across. This monster must die in Jesus name, amen.

4 Likes

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nuezha(m): 9:33am On Oct 03, 2012
Your friend is an accomplice. Nothing good can come out of him. In fact he's going there to steal!!!

3 Likes

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by genxris: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2012
If God in his wisdom didn't make air a free commodity,some wicked cabals in a country like nigeria would hoard it for the highest bidder: some people in government get and sell job vacancies within FG establishments as if na pure water while poor graduates keep roaming about the streets.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by mkoabiola: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2012
I don't knw y ppu ar surprise to read or hear abt ds scam in govt agency,it has been a usual practice for a long time in all gvt agency.
No presidential aide will deny ds.I don't want want to mention a prominet aid of mr president who sold hs slot for such amt.even d so called presdiential aid who promis to take it up is very much aware of all ds scam,cos dey all gv dem slot(s),it is now left 4dem to sell or gv it out for FOC.
If u are nt buying ,anoda big man pikin go com buy,dat makes it very worst.only God can arrest all ds corrupt gvt officials,d NASS is also aware,only God will come to d aid of d common man who cannot afford even 3square meal not to talk of paying such amt.dey will bury d whole tin dere,we are not going to hear anytin again as regards ds issue.d potcalling d keetle black.a corrupt officil probing a corrupt official.lol
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Wsdm: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2012
Even after all these, how many staffs do they need considering the numbers of unemployed youths? What we should table before the president is enabling environment for entrepreneurial development as this is the only solution to joblessness. If the environment is conducive, believe me that this amount of money can be used to start something at least.

1 Like

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2012
Mchewwwwww! This is no news nau! Its been happening for quite some time now. Even Mr Jude Imagwe cannot say he's not aware. He's in d system so he kws what's obtainable! Guys, NSITF thread on NL is a typical example; check it out.

Sen. Uchechukwu Mereije: "Nigeria is a failed state or a state @d verge of failing"!

Na only baba God go save our country
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Edzy: 9:50am On Oct 03, 2012
the special aid is suprise?this is not news to job seekers in this country especially if you frequent abuja ,because i've seen and meet people who By just getting note from the presidency have secured good jobs in federal establishment,this is even an abuse for this man to open his bucal cavity to utter this statement .
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by teskyg: 9:53am On Oct 03, 2012
My Cousin paid 250k to get a job recently.Some people were even paying 1000000 Niara for Customs job.They are posted to the Boarders,Airport and Port after their trainings.

You can imajine if they will serve their fatherland if they have to pay to get jobs.

There should be a thorough investaigation into all recruitments that were given out without advertisement and let all those invloved be brought to books to serve as deternats to others.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by bigtt76(f): 9:55am On Oct 03, 2012
Idokojimmy: THE presidency has been alerted to a growing practice of money for employment in federal para-military agencies as some youth leaders have dispatched detailed petition to President Goodluck Jonathan over the development.
The revelation was made at the national roundtable on Nigeria’s Independence celebration, attended by over 40 youth leaders in Abuja and hosted by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Matters, Mr Jude Imagwe, who vowed to report the matter to the president.

Various youth leaders at the event were making contributions on the way forward for the nation until the coordinator for Youth Coalition Against Corruption, Mr Greg Asali, alerted the gathering to a practice  in many federal agencies, declaring that “unemployed graduates are being levied huge sums of money for job in  many agencies.”
Asali told the gathering that various sums of money are collected from job seekers, especially in the para-military agencies as well as some other federal parastatals, pointing out that he has exact figures of money collected for job in each of the agencies.

The youth leader listed the para-military agencies and the amount they demand as follows: Immigration Service -N500,000; Customs Service - N500,000; Police Service -N400,000; Prisons Service -N300,000 and the Civil Defence Corps, N300, 000.
The angry youth leader told the gathering that many well-to-do job seekers even pay more than the amount to get the job and that many unemployed from poor families are denied of opportunities even when they are qualified.

Worried by the youth leader’s claim, the presidential aide asked for clarification on the volatile statement and other youth leaders in the hall came out to give details of their own experiences on the subject matter.
Asali noted further that the practice was pushing many unemployed graduates to the edge, urging the presidential aide to take the matter directly to the president.

The youth leader noted that in some agencies, job seekers who cannot raise money are made to sign bond to forfeit three-month salaries if and when the job is offered to them.

He stated that strong syndicates operate across the said agencies that smoothly run the operations with those who pay getting the job and those who fail to pay losing out in the employment processes.

“Please help us tell Mr President to stop these cabals and throw open the employment process. Little spaces available should not be sold to the children of the rich,” Asali pleaded.

Commenting on Mr Asali‘s submission, Imagwe expressed shock and disbelief at the disclosure and affirmed that the presidency is not aware of such activities in such agencies.

“President Jonathan is a due process leader and he will not condone any agency indulging in such practices. I will compile a full report and I believe the matter will be duly investigated and acted upon,” Imagwe said.
It will be recalled that for some time now, allegations of money for job had been rife in Abuja. It was learnt that the syndicates operate easily because vacancies in many federal agencies are no longer declared publicly as slots are allegedly shared among key public elected and appointed public officials.

The National Assembly had recently questioned employment of 6,000 new employees by the Civil Defence Corps without advertisement but the matter was not pursued further.
Calls to affected agencies for clarifications were not returned and in one agency, an official declined comment due to the sensitivity of the matter.

HIGHLIGHTS

Immigration Service   N500,000

Customs ServiceN500,000

Prisons Service        N300,000

Civil Defence        N300, 000

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/48540-money-for-jobs-in-federal-agencies-youths-petition-presidency-presidents-aide-expresses-shock

Pre-paid employment or surety
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by luluosas(m): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2012
wandeay: wtf! That amount is ridiculous, Nigeria home of corruption!
Are we suppose to pay before getting a job? This is why corruptions is thriving in Nigeria today.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by fittty(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2012
Me sef go start my own.... Who'll pay me 500,000k to work on my nairaland postings
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by usmanyaro17: 10:17am On Oct 03, 2012
This is really heartbreaking if this report is true....
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by sunrise4u: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2012
God have mercy on ds country. Money for job! Its bn going on for a very long time now, i am evn a victim of such tin here in owerri. Illitrates keep geting d job cos dia parents are on top of d situation. God pls i need a job frm U. Shame to our rulers cos we dont have leaders.
Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by Ajengogo(m): 10:27am On Oct 03, 2012
I am not surprised at all. Since when I read the novel: "The Incorruptible Judge" in my early years of JSS, I started believing in the existence of this money for job thing. I said to myself, then, that the author wouldn't just have conceived the idea of that novel without having had a personal or remote experience of what the novel is all about.

1 Like

Re: Money For Job In Federal Agencies? Presidency Expresses Shock. Your Experience by plendil: 10:32am On Oct 03, 2012
And later we wonder how corruption will end. By the time these people make into the federal job, they must find a way of recouping their investment, by hook or crook. I was the ministry of justice recently to get some papers, but was dumbfounded the unbridled, brazen display by the staff there. You literally had to bribe your way through every step to get any thing done. Right from file retrieval to signature signing. truly pathetic.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Special Forces Upgrades / Nkem Okeke Visits Nnewi Market Fire Scene, Commiserates With Victims (Photos) / Arewa Youths Can’t Fool Us With Withdrawal— Niger Delta Agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.