Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,923 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Graduate Drivers For My Company - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Drivers For My Company (8009 Views)

My Company Is Recruiting / My Company Is Urgently In Need Of Competent Sales Reps / Drivers For Yaba/surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate Drivers For My Company by 5p1naz(m): 7:27am On Oct 03, 2012
Hi everyone, i own a logistic company with over 66 trucks. We are contracted to Nestle Nigeria. Plc and currently deliver their goods in Lagos and around Nigeria.

We've had issues upon issues with illiterate drivers and have been looking for better options for a while. Thanks to Dangote for his graduate drivers concept this might be a good solution maybe for a long time because at least graduates understand what company policy/ rules & regulations mean. . .

I'm still in τ̣the works of making this official but i wanna know what you guys feel and if its such a Good idea to employ graduate drivers to my company too.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Debeloved87(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2012
5p1naz: Hi everyone, i own a logistic company with over 66 trucks. We are contracted †̥ nestle nig. Plc and currently deliver their goods in lagos and around nigeria. We've had issues upon issues with illitrate drivers and have been looking for better options for a while. Thanks †̥ dangote for his graduate drivers concept this might be a G̲̅φφδ solution maybe for a long time because at least graduates understand what company policy/ rules & regulations mean. . . Im still in τ̣̣ђё works of making this official but i wanna know what you guys feel and if its such a G̲̅φφδ idea †̥ employ graduate drivers †̥ my company too.
how much are you planning to pay them as graduate and is their any training for them...
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by 5p1naz(m): 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2012
Debeloved87: how much are you planning to pay them as graduate and is their any training for them...
im still working on the idea, like i said.. so its still pretty fresh , but im prolly gonna pay them as iv paid the ones that work for me already... they get paid per trip and if you like money you'd work well and you can accumulate as much as 120,000 naira every month. the ball is in the court of each driver. but like i said, nothing conclusive yet. and for the training, of course id most probably have to train them because i honestly do not expect drivers to know how to drive trucks with 16 gears grin grin ...my idea is still @ the inception stage. but any help or suggestion is welcome
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Hadesholla: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
♓☺w cam som1 apply
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by haykay2005: 7:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
Its not your fault

9 Likes

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by zibe(m): 10:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
Dangote don open way for una sha.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Obinoscopy(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
@OP,

Nice concept. However I really want to know the feasibility of one making up to 120K per month.

If its feasible for an average hard-working employee to earn 120K then I'd say its a laudable one. At least it would minimise the attrition rate that accompanies such jobs.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Thekeeper(m): 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
@poster,no b u say u wan invest 250k abt 8 months ago,how come u now own a coy wit 66 trucks. . .u r g gud man. .LoL
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by 5p1naz(m): 12:04am On Oct 05, 2012
Hadesholla: ♓☺w cam som1 apply
im still developing the idea, its still in the process. i just wanna solve my problem with unlearned drivers who cant even follow rules and regulations
[size=10pt][/size]
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by 5p1naz(m): 12:08am On Oct 05, 2012
Obinoscopy: @OP,

Nice concept. However I really want to know the feasibility of one making up to 120K per month.

If its feasible for an average hard-working employee to earn 120K then I'd say its a laudable one. At least it would minimise the attrition rate that accompanies such jobs.

the drivers are paid a certain amount per trip made, and the amount you make monthly is based on how many trips you are willing to do. thats how it works
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by 5p1naz(m): 12:09am On Oct 05, 2012
The_keeper: @poster,no b u say u wan invest 250k abt 8 months ago,how come u now own a coy wit 66 trucks. . .u r g gud man. .LoL
i was learning investment methods. i do a lot of things my friend :-)
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by KALMA1(m): 7:35am On Oct 05, 2012
If you are willen to pay well you can employ even doctors to drive your trucks
*it is not wrong to employ graduate to drive as far as the pay accommodates their bills in europe and develop country you Job is one thing and you life is another but this not the case of Nigeria where we are Egocentric .
We will get there but my friend ride on only if you will take care of your workers welfare being graduate.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by mrkels(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
Men...Train the illiterates jor, I can come and teach them on saturdays/sundays for you.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by mkoabiola: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
While some ppu will condem it to highest heaven,few will commend u,It is a gud intiative in as much as u provide betta package for dem.
Dey will be willing to apply cos dey call demselves Executive Drivers.anyway,u will reduce d unemployment in nja.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by chucky234(m): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2012
Graduate what? This is becoming an insult to our teeming graduates,every small contractor who can neither read nor write wants to employ graduates as drivers.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by ifyalways(f): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2012
mrkels: Men...Train the illitrates jor, I can come and teach them on saturdays/sundays for you.
oh well. Sighs sad

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by ayox2003: 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
Well, for graduates who want to do this job, just make sure you learn how to manoeuvre your way once its starts to malfunction .

For instance, if the brake fails and your truck kills someone, be ready to get burnt like the UNIPORT students.

Emphasis on the bolded.

Frawzey
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by femliany(m): 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2012
After reading your post psychologically, by intuition I know you don't own any company cos a real bizness man will not have that time in this world to be sampling any nonsensical opinion and besides,you think employing graduates will solve the problem? Most of the truck owners don't usually pay the drivers well they always selfish in nature.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
5p1naz: Hi everyone, i own a logistic company with over 66 trucks. We are contracted to Nestle Nigeria. Plc and currently deliver their goods in Lagos and around Nigeria.

We've had issues upon issues with illiterate drivers and have been looking for better options for a while. Thanks to Dangote for his graduate drivers concept this might be a good solution maybe for a long time because at least graduates understand what company policy/ rules & regulations mean. . .

I'm still in τ̣the works of making this official but i wanna know what you guys feel and if its such a Good idea to employ graduate drivers to my company too.

Dangote never cared to ask how we would feel b4 advertising his job slots for graduate drivers. Just go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
5p1naz:
i was learning investment methods. i do a lot of things my friend :-)

Namely, selling akara, grinding garri and frying plantain.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by SisiKill1: 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2012
5p1naz: Hi everyone, i own a logistic company with over 66 trucks. We are contracted to Nestle Nigeria. Plc and currently deliver their goods in Lagos and around Nigeria.

Here's a radical Idea - TRAIN YOUR WORKERS!!!!!!

If there's one thing I have realized about the average Nigerian Company, it is the lack of training for New Employees. The need for training can not be overemphasized. It doesn't matter how many years experience the new employee has, they still need to be trained because no one company is the same. . .They can produce the same goods, they can provide the same same service but their core culture will always be different.

You hire some Joe off the street, put him to work and then complain when he live up to your expectations. How can he live up to them when he has no clue what they are?

Use the first 2 or 3 days of employment as Training period and make it has formal as possible. In that 2 or 3 days you lay it all out. . .when they should be at work, what they should wear, how the must conduct themselves, what the penalties are for infractions, methods of evaluation, how often would evaluations be done etc.

No position in a company that intends to make money is too small to be trained (Cause I can almost hear people going. . .all that for Ordinary Driver?) When you realize how much you are losing because of your high turnover rate, you will know why you need to do ALL THAT FOR ORDINARY DRIVER.

When you stop looking at their positions as "Ordinary" they will stop acting "Ordinary". By giving them training and orientation, you are telling them they are important. . .giving them a sense of pride in their job. Nothing makes one work harder than believing what they are doing is IMPORTANT, that they matter just as much as the office workers.

Even the worst illiterates still know how to follow instructions. . .all ya need to do is tell them what they are!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by CLIQBOY(m): 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2012
So instead of you being a graduate driver with good pay u will be jobless abi?
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Kslib(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
chucky234: Graduate what? This is becoming an insult to our teeming graduates,every small contractor who can neither read nor write wants to employ graduates as drivers.
How is it an insult? The op didn't force any graduate to work for him.. See the way you dey call the name "graduate",as if say na one big deal. What are the so-called graduates even taught in school that makes them special.. What level of experience do most of then have, for you to classify a driving job as an insult to the said "graduate".. The difference between many graduates and most sane okada men,is just paper.. Graduate ni..graduate ko..
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by PosCaricature: 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
chucky234: Graduate what? This is becoming an insult to our teeming graduates,every small contractor who can neither read nor write wants to employ graduates as drivers.
You that can read & write how many graduate have you employed? I still do not know why some illiterates will choose to comment trash even when they don't have meaningful contribution to issues at stake.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by PosCaricature: 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Ignatio(m): 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
One day someone will call for graduate laborers sad.

Pls stop messing with education.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by forkadict(m): 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
Naija is a sick country trust me.

Every Tom deak and harry is exploiting the level of unemployment in the country to the max.

Dangote started this bullsheet of hiring graduates as drivers, next its the OP that wants to emulate him. Before you utter the word go, it will soon become a norm.

For God's sake this is a slight on our Bachelors degree in this country. If only people fully appreciate what it means to be a graduate and if only the level of unemployment in naija is not sickening, I wonder what the fork on this forking planet will give DANGOTE AND THIS OPPORTUNISTIC OP THE GUTS TO HIRE GRADUATES AS DRIVERS.

Oh Lord,please save this nation. This makes me sick.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by aalex1: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
Dats how U̶̲̥̅̊ pple kill innocent road users wit ur big trucks,cos U̶̲̥̅̊ hav no definite pay per month 4 ur drivers,payin dem per trip,so dey 4get abt restin deir bodies which is very important den dey go 4 more trips 2 make more money,b4 U̶̲̥̅̊ knw deir body fails dem n evn d trucks fail cos evn machines needs rest.wen dey are not rested,dey fail leadin 2 accidents on the roads.offcourse it dsnt affect U̶̲̥̅̊ cos U̶̲̥̅̊ sit in an airconditioned ofis makin unnecessory demands from ur drivers.
5p1naz:

the drivers are paid a certain amount per trip made, and the amount you make monthly is based on how many trips you are willing to do. thats how it works

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by mrperfect(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2012
Is good for the company but will force illiterates to be unemployed as a work like this is normally reserve for them.
Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
What is d difference btw Graduate Driver and Pharmaceutical Sales Rep?

Just a case of six and half dosen

1 Like

Re: Graduate Drivers For My Company by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2012
this aint no big deadl, graduate drivers will earn graduate salary.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whytecleon sending text / Contract Job With Total (200k) Vs Masters In The Uk: Which Do U Prefer? / Wellspring University Academic & Non-academic Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.