Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,222 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:51 AM

Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day (7752 Views)

Revelation About Billions allegedly Spent by GEJ On Independence Day Celebration / Local Govt. Workers To Begin Strike In Bayelsa On Wednesday | / M E N D Strikes: Blow Up Agip Facility In Bayelsa On Saturday 4th February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by 4mulanoni(m): 8:06am On Oct 03, 2012
The Independence Day anniversary recorded a tragedy in Bayelsa State as the police allegedly killed a 16-year-old boy along Hospital Road in Yenagoa.

Police patrol teams were immediately withdrawn from the metropolis on Tuesday shortly after the killing.

The killing of the boy, whose identity could not be ascertained, increased to three, the number of persons allegedly shot dead by the police in the past two months.

Our correspondent found that the incident which occurred at about 5pm on Monday threw the popular road which has many bars and brothels into panic.

Eyewitnesses told our correspondent that after shooting the boy, the policemen immediately fled the area.

One of the eyewitnesses who identified herself simply as Charity said the killer policeman was seen running after the boy.

She said the policeman who was some miles away from the teenager opened fire on him but made a U-turn after discovering that he had died.

She said sympathisers who later approached the body discovered that the boy was shot in the head.

She also claimed that the victim’s girl friend was arrested by the police.

“Many of us witnessed it. We saw the boy running and we also saw a policeman chasing him with a gun. Suddenly we heard gunshots, and saw the boy fell to the ground with blood gushing out of his head,” Edna claimed.

She said the body of the victim was on the road for over an hour before a police patrol van from the “A” Division came and took it away.

The Police Command Public Relations Officer, Mr. Fidelis Odunna, confirmed that the police took away the body of the victim but said he had yet to know the circumstances that led to his death.

“I can confirm the death of a youth because I was driving along the road when I saw the corpse of the boy lying on the road. I then called the Police Division in charge of the area to come and remove it,” he said.

He said the remains were taken to the mortuary for autopsy, adding that investigation had commenced on the matter.

“We cannot say that the boy was killed by the police because we are yet to establish the allegation,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/police-kill-teenager-on-independence-day-in-bayelsa/
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by hollypagan: 9:03am On Oct 03, 2012
[quote][/quote]too bad
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by k2039: 9:04am On Oct 03, 2012
[size=13pt]Another heartless bit*ch who deserves to be shot dead[/size]

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by talktrue1(m): 9:07am On Oct 03, 2012
You cant invite Abacha without shedding blood
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 03, 2012
Now, if only it was Gej's son...
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by qplus(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2012
police too day learn bad tin.....

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by tunapawizzy: 9:10am On Oct 03, 2012
this police sef na every week dem dey kill now..na wa o
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 03, 2012
Trust the NPF to defend their own. Even if there was video footage of the teen being shot at close range by a police officer, the NPF will probably say it was an armed robber in disguise.

There's no justice in Nigeria, at least not for the poor and under privileged.

Belated Happy Independence all.
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Chasdonblizz: 9:13am On Oct 03, 2012
Is dis d boko haram they ar meant 2 attack?,,2 bad,,bt wait a minute,,did they say dat d boy's gal frnd was arrested?,,#jst wanna knw#
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 03, 2012
I lack words to express how i feel right now..for real, if i was God, that idiota wouldn't be alive by now..dont know who trust again cos' thieves are better than some police force...that f00l should put shot on sight for this murder...gosh!!
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by bid4rich(m): 9:22am On Oct 03, 2012
I think the best thing to do to our police is to make them learn another strategy of handling cases instead of carrying gun up and down. This killing of innocenties are just becoming too much to bear. In fact God has begin to get angry with police everyday because they are not different from devil having put on their black and wretched uniform. F.oo.lish pheople
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by movmentish(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2012
The pic @qplus posted shows police men struggling to arrest somebody,now picture that scene happening in Nigeria,the dude for sure will be shot,if not leg then head.Nigeria is a failed state..... #ligths his cigarette
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by eherbal(m): 9:26am On Oct 03, 2012
Case Closed,Gbam!
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by chucky234(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2012
What the hell is wrong with those beetle-headed policemen and their thirst for blood,imagine a police office admitting the body being taken for autopsy when it was glaring that the boy died of gun shot.
Hopeless besotted men in uniform
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Gwekzy: 9:30am On Oct 03, 2012
Now Wats the autopsy 4 He was killed by police gunshots 4 Christ sake
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2012
Gwekzy: Now Wats the autopsy 4 He was killed by police gunshots 4 Christ sake
I tire for this country o! Someone was shot and they still need autopsy to confirm if he was killed by bullets!! NA WA O!
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by fhunmey101yaho: 10:42am On Oct 03, 2012
lipsrsealed.....God is watching you people oo
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Soukiss(m): 10:55am On Oct 03, 2012
i was there . d boy theft black berry.

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Thomas333(m): 11:04am On Oct 03, 2012
I love Nigeria. A country where policemen usually kills unarmed civilians at will.every time I see a policeman I have it in front of my mind that this man could kill with little provocation. Let's be on our guard the police is not our friend. Just like nigeria kill nigerians everyday through corrupt practices from the top to the bottom of the three tiers of govenment. 1 advise to nigerians save yourself,heal yourself of the many wrong programming.the system breeds evil.
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by gulfer: 11:14am On Oct 03, 2012
Soukiss: i was there . d boy theft black berry.
And deserves to be shot? You must be kidding or you are a policeman for this lame defense for an extrajudicial killing.

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Flygerian1(m): 11:38am On Oct 03, 2012
God help us in this country.
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Beync(f): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2012
shocked this is so cruel
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Ranoscky(m): 11:57am On Oct 03, 2012
I couldnt even stare at that pic for 3sec just cos my girlfriend is right here with me as am typing this.

If she sees it and asks what happened to him and why, what should i reply her?

What a shame!
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by emmatok(m): 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
Soukiss: i was there . d boy theft black berry.

The report said the boy was shot in the head.
So were did you get your picture from.

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by DrWhizy(m): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
gulfer: And deserves to be shot? You must be kidding or you are a policeman for this lame defense for an extrajudicial killing.
my brother calm down. D dude did not justify d killing as u wrongly misinterpreted but only said he wz dere. Btw, the reports sai he waz shot on the head and not the arm as is seen on d pic d dude posted; so mayb he's refern 2 a diff case.

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Igweka(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
The
reporter is not sure of the killer,he said police disappeared from the
area and later said police removed the corps and arrested the victim's
girl friend. How did they know his girl friend and they dnt know d
victim's name. Lets be sincere i know we hate police.

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by gulfer: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
Dr. Whizy:
my brother calm down. D dude did not justify d killing as u wrongly misinterpreted but only said he wz dere. Btw, the reports sai he waz shot on the head and not the arm as is seen on d pic d dude posted; so mayb he's refern 2 a diff case.
Did you read this from his comments, 'he theft blackberry' Is that enough to warrant his being shot, mind you he did not debunk police being the shooter?
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by garripack: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
[size=50pt]TO HELL WITH NIGERIA POLICE.......DOES UNTRAINED RATARD

BUT STILL THERE'S NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE[/size]
Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by armadeo(m): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
Where are peeps getting this horrible photos that don't match the initial story. Maccabre if u ask me.

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by emmatok(m): 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
armadeo: Where are peeps getting this horrible photos that don't match the initial story. Maccabre if u ask me.

My brother I tire for this NL PEEPS O.

They just love to circulate bad pix.

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Litmus: 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2012
Dr. Whizy:

Most of the gruesome images posted on Nairaland are taken from elsewhere, especially from the Congo...some people have their own sinister agenda.

it's probably about making you feel Less proud and confident about yourselves. About making you feel inferior...

1 Like

Re: Police Kill Teenager In Bayelsa On Independence Day by Leadn(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
Igweka: The
reporter is not sure of the killer,he said police disappeared from the
area and later said police removed the corps and arrested the victim's
girl friend. How did they know his girl friend and they dnt know d
victim's name. Lets be sincere i know we hate police.

that pic is rather gruesome! where do yu fellas get this pics from?? smh
Big G at work!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Notable Ethnic Somali People In The Diaspora / Reps Begin Process To Raise Minimum Educational Qualification For President / With This Picture, Anyone Still Supporting Tinubu Is Heartless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.