Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,943 members, 7,799,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (946396 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cconcept: 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
is it possible to move to finland as an exchange or transfer student from other EU countries and not return to the former school?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 10, 2012
cconcept: is it possible to move to Finland as an exchange or transfer student from other EU countries and not return to the former school?

Yes, its very possible. as a matter of fact, many student are in my school from neighboring countries like Spain, Poland, Czech and more Eu countries. if your school has any exchange agreement with a university or Polytechnic in Finland, Then you can apply as an Erasmus student, and when you are here, you can apply as a degree student and stay afterwards.

Let me assume you are in another European country as an undergraduate student, it would be advisable you come as an exchange student during the spring semester (e.g Jan-may 2013), when you are here, you apply as a degree student during the Joint national application period that opens annually in January, write the entrance exam in April, admission would be out latest may and if you are admitted, you will extend your residence fully as a degree student. you can as well transfer already Acquired credits from previous university if applicable.

GL, DHB smiley smiley smiley

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cconcept: 5:46am On Oct 10, 2012
thanks.
what about postgraduate students(msc and phd)?
would such transfer student need to start applying afresh with all requirements of residency?

what happens about the relationship of such student with his former school in future?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2012
cconcept: thanks.
what about postgraduate students(msc and phd)?
would such transfer student need to start applying afresh with all requirements of residency?

what happens about the relationship of such student with his former school in future?

I don't think transfer/exchange is available to Post graduate, Msc or PhD students to other countries, never heard of it before but I stand to be corrected.

But if there is any, you will need to apply as a fresh student coming to the country, and if you are already in the country with other immigration status and wish to extend or convert, its a matter of backing your application with relevant documents to support it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by excondido(m): 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2012
@op
is there any avenue to exploit to negotiate the requirement for living cost into an msc program with $5000 ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
excondido: @op
is there any avenue to exploit to negotiate the requirement for living cost into an msc program with $5000 ?

In as much as there is no tuition fee to study in Finland, you need to show a minimum of 6000 euros yearly for your residence permit application or renewals, It can not be be negotiated, you must have it in your bank account.

I don't understand your question very well, but you can as well rephrase it, if It was not answered accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Utonne: 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2012
@ dahonestboss. Hi, thanks for creating this thread and lending a helping hand to others. Went thru the thread and was very much interested. Only problem is my choice of course Human Resource Mgt for masters isn't available.sad
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
Utonne: @ dahonestboss. Hi, thanks for creating this thread and lending a helping hand to others. Went thru the thread and was very much interested. Only problem is my choice of course Human Resource Mgt for masters isn't available.sad

sad sad sad
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Utonne: 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
Seriously! Why are u giving me an angry smiley?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2012
Utonne: Seriously! Why are u giving me an angry smiley?

Angry or sad?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by seadog1: 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2012
I intend applying for masters,must i ve 6000 euro before i can be granted visa.Also if the answer to d earlier question is yes,must d acct b in my name or it can be in my sponsor name.thanks

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2012
seadog1: I intend applying for masters,must i ve 6000 euro before i can be granted visa.Also if the answer to d earlier question is yes,must d acct b in my name or it can be in my sponsor name.thanks

You must have 6000 euros before you will be granted a residence permit and it must be in your name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by seadog1: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2012
dahonestboss:

You must have 6000 euros before you will be granted a residence permit and it must be in your name
That means finland education is only for the made and a starter like me wit only 500k in acct cant proceed? pls advice me is there any way around this?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2012
seadog1: That means finland education is only for the made and a starter like me wit only 500k in acct cant proceed? pls advice me is there any way around this?

If you say is for the made (rich), then compare it with uk, usa and canada, or any other countries in the western world and tell me which one is fair or less affordable. 500k might seems big, but its not enough to convince the consular, and sorry, there is no way around this

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Utonne: 5:32am On Oct 14, 2012
@ dahonestboss....Oh I'm sorry. My bad. I apologise. This would have been a wonderful opportunity. Oh well
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by excondido(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2012
dahonestboss:

In as much as there is no tuition fee to study in Finland, you need to show a minimum of 6000 euros yearly for your residence permit application or renewals, It can not be be negotiated, you must have it in your bank account.

I don't understand your question very well, but you can as well rephrase it, if It was not answered accordingly.

ur answer is ok.

will the 6000 euros be in my account in a nigerian bank or otherwise?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2012
excondido:

ur answer is ok.

will the 6000 euros be in my account in a nigerian bank or otherwise?

If you would be applying from Nigeria, then it should be in your name in a Local bank.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by excondido(m): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2012
dahonestboss:

If you would be applying from Nigeria, then it should be in your name in a Local bank.

am grateful for all the info boss! atleast i can narrow my mind and concentrate on finland. i ve been contemplating many different options because of the finance and other requirement.

can i ve ur email so u can tell me how to go about it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 14, 2012
wink wink wink
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2012
Nice one, bro... I'm subscribing to this thread. I dey follow ya'll like twitter... Gat to hustle to meet up that 6000 euro requirement before time.. Make God bless our hustle!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by seir405: 10:18am On Oct 16, 2012
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
I don't know of any, I would advice you to email the school of your choice ans ask them directly. there might be exception I guess
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dannywest01: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
Do graduate students need TOEFL too? I thought they shouldnt need it since one must have passed through a certain level of education before going for graduate studies.. Pls share more light on this ma people
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
dannywest01: Do graduate students need TOEFL too? I thought they shouldnt need it since one must have passed through a certain level of education before going for graduate studies.. Please share more light on this ma people

in cases like this, you should not rely on what you think. I posted a link on this topic, you should visit it and get more practical details concerning language requirement. Nigeria do not speak English as a native Language, that why we still need to present a language proficiency test even though we all speak or learn in English. But like I said earlier, there might be some exception, you should email the school of interest and inquire about it. I know a friend who got admission to a uni in Finland last year without showing TOEFL, but its scarce.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Bernd2(m): 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
I have to warn you tho, finlan is not very nivce place! shocked
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
Bernd2: I have to warn you tho, finlan is not very nivce place! shocked
can u be more explicit pls?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by davids202(m): 2:01am On Oct 17, 2012
Good job.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Hopeshylock: 6:47am On Oct 17, 2012
@dahonestboss tanx man for coming up with this thread...very thoughtful at this period as application period gets closer...pls I wis to know if sending in one transcript from my skool will be okay as I wish to apply to about 3 different msc coursers to increase my chances of admission??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by pingu2k5(m): 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2012
Thank you for this thread and a good job well done. Please, what kinds of part-time jobs are there that one can take up while studying and can one rely entirely on the wages for one's living?

I want to apply for a Masters programme and will be writing the IELTS test this Saturday. I am still confused and dont whether it's worth quiting my job for.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
HOPESHYLOCK
pls I wis to know if sending in one transcript from my skool will be okay as I wish to apply to about 3 different msc coursers to increase my chances of admission??

If you studied in Nigeria, then your uni should send your transcript directly to UAF in Helsinki. you need to send just one to UAF with your language skill certificate.

PINGU
1. what kinds of part-time jobs are there that one can take up while studying and can one rely entirely on the wages for one's living?

Most international student work with logistic companies, cleaning, paper distribution and some others. Your monthly salary will be able to sustain your living expenses monthly.

I am still confused and dont whether it's worth quiting my job for

Based on my answers above, you should be able to decide if it worth quiting your job and coming over. weigh all your options and choose what is best for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.