Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (947501 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sanguine1: 5:02pm On May 21, 2020
Time2win:
Finland has outsourced the submission of visa and residence permit applications to VFS Global on March 5th, 2019. Visa and residence permit applications must always be submitted in person.

Applicants from the following countries can apply for a visa at the AC (Application Center): Cameroon, Central Africa, Chad, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Togo. Website to book an appointment is https://www.vfsglobal.com/Finland/Nigeria/. Via the website you can fill an online application and book an appointment. Visa fee and VFS Global Service Charge are paid on site unless instructed by VFS Global to pay to the Embassy of Finland.

Visa applicant from the following countries apply for their visa according to representation agreement as follows: In Benin Finland is represented by the Netherlands, in Burkina Faso by Belgium, in Ghana by Denmark, in Guinea-Bissau by Portugal and in Senegal by France.

Applicants from the following countries can apply for a Residence Permit at the AC: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa, Chad, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo. Website to book an appointment is http://residencepermits.finland.fi/Nigeria/. Via the website you can book an appointment. Residence Permit fee and VFS Global Service Charge are paid on site unless instructed by VFS Global to pay to the Embassy of Finland (excluding applications paid in advance via EnterFinland).

VFS Global Application Center

Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor

Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way

Central Business District, Abuja-FCT Nigeria

Call Center +234 815 018 8800

Opening hours Monday through Friday 08:00-15:00 (only by pre-booked appointment)

HOW TRUTH IS THIS INFORMATION �

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sanguine1: 5:35pm On May 21, 2020
[quote author=onitemi4top post=78384428]08062225274[/quot
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sociology555(m): 5:30pm On May 22, 2020
Pls how long does Finnish migration take to process resident permit after documentation at the embassy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 7:17pm On May 25, 2020
Sanguine1:

HOW TRUTH IS THIS INFORMATION �

100% correct...you can as well visit the website
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by VirgoP: 7:18pm On May 25, 2020
Sociology555:
Pls how long does Finnish migration take to process resident permit after documentation at the embassy

It takes quite a while tbh...and it depends on a case by case basis...one very important thing to have during this process is PATIENCE
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sociology555(m): 7:20pm On May 25, 2020
VirgoP:

It takes quite a while tbh...and it depends on a case by case basis...one very important thing to have during this process is PATIENCE
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Luckycharis: 11:49am On May 26, 2020
please am still asking, anybody has an idea about vamia in finland and how the application process is..
best anybody that has gone through this part or currently processing should please drop some information on admission and visa process

THANKS
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kid7soccer(m): 12:05am On May 28, 2020
Hi everyone, please I will like to know if Finland is still free, if not what the estimate for tuition fees

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by manneger2: 5:09am On May 28, 2020
kid7soccer:
Hi everyone, please I will like to know if Finland is still free, if not what the estimate for tuition fees

Pls guyz reply, am interested to know too

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Paramedickelvin: 5:22pm On May 28, 2020
Good evening all I wanted to ask how's the climate temprature for Scandinavian especially for Sweden,I have a planned trip although for study purpose....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oak202: 5:58pm On May 30, 2020
[quote author=Luckycharis post=89975525]please am still asking, anybody has an idea about vamia in finland and how the application process is..
best anybody that has gone through this part or currently processing should please drop some information on admission and visa process

https://vamia.fi/en/education-and-applying/programmes/

You can get all the information you need here.
The cook/waiter/waitress programme form is out. You can apply now for upper vocational studies.
Tuition is free

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oak202: 6:06pm On May 30, 2020
kid7soccer:

Upper vocational studies are still tuition free while university education is not free. The fee depends on the school. You can get all info here https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/

You can get scholarship for masters also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oak202: 6:12pm On May 30, 2020
VirgoP:

It used to be between 3-4 months before but now it might be up to 6-8 months now from experience. Patience is key
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kid7soccer(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2020
oak202:

Upper vocational studies are still tuition free while university education is not free. The fee depends on the school. You can get all info here https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/

You can get scholarship for masters also
thanks a lot dear
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ABBAChuks: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
When applying for residence permit for msc which is two years, must I provide funds for the two years or can I apply for one year residence permit and provide funds for one.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Malicious22: 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
ABBAChuks:
When applying for residence permit for msc which is two years, must I provide funds for the two years or can I apply for one year residence permit and provide funds for one.

Apply for one year and provide the funds required, when it’s time to renew you will provide the funds for the second year.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ABBAChuks: 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
Malicious22:

Apply for one year and provide the funds required, when it’s time to renew you will provide the funds for the second year.
So one can choose the duration to apply for. It's OK.

But I hope it's possible to get jobs there with which one can extend.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by oak202: 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
ABBAChuks:

So one can choose the duration to apply for. It's OK.

But I hope it's possible to get jobs there with which one can extend.

Get to the bridge before you cross it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ufemia26: 7:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hello great people. I was denied admission by university of Turku on the basis that my English language proficiency document did not meet the criteria. I use my Toefl result of 77 score whilst the actual requested score by the university is 90. Please I wish to try again by Jan 2021 but I will like to know my chances of getting a tuition waiver with my Cgpa of 3.62 in Bsc biochemistry.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Braven126(m): 12:39am On Jun 10, 2020
Hello my gurru's in the hux, I just got admission into Karelia University of Applied Science Joensuu finland. Anyone else applied here ?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Braven126(m): 1:40am On Jun 10, 2020
Time2win:

IELTS/TOEFL/PTE. Any one is okay for Finland. The first two are preferable.

Do I need them for a bachelor degree?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mryoung16: 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
Hello house..please can someone that is doing his masters degree in Finland be eligible to invite his spouse and kids to join him in Finland.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by zigato4real: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2020
Yes u can but they have to apply for permit.
mryoung16:
Hello house..please can someone that is doing his masters degree in Finland be eligible to invite his spouse and kids to join him in Finland.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by mryoung16: 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2020
zigato4real:
Yes u can but they have to apply for permit.

Hi Zigato4real. Thanks for the head up bro..do you base in Finland..there are some certain questions i would like to ask you privately. If you don't mind.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Soleye24(m): 12:51am On Jun 20, 2020
Ufemia26:
Hello great people. I was denied admission by university of Turku on the basis that my English language proficiency document did not meet the criteria. I use my Toefl result of 77 score whilst the actual requested score by the university is 90. Please I wish to try again by Jan 2021 but I will like to know my chances of getting a tuition waiver with my Cgpa of 3.62 in Bsc biochemistry.

hello bro, I studied biochemistry too. I wish to relate with you, let's do this together.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Addy111: 8:33am On Jun 24, 2020
wickyyolo:
To click on the link.

Just Reply my quotes, you will see the complete WhatsApp link. and copy the link. The link starts with https://chat.whatsapp....... Etc Don’t just click the link like that.

https:///Fdcjtg3NR3a3sjhp4xeU4L

I will like to join
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Titanium22: 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Time2win:
Finland has outsourced the submission of visa and residence permit applications to VFS Global on March 5th, 2019. Visa and residence permit applications must always be submitted in person.

Applicants from the following countries can apply for a visa at the AC (Application Center): Cameroon, Central Africa, Chad, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Togo. Website to book an appointment is https://www.vfsglobal.com/Finland/Nigeria/. Via the website you can fill an online application and book an appointment. Visa fee and VFS Global Service Charge are paid on site unless instructed by VFS Global to pay to the Embassy of Finland.

Visa applicant from the following countries apply for their visa according to representation agreement as follows: In Benin Finland is represented by the Netherlands, in Burkina Faso by Belgium, in Ghana by Denmark, in Guinea-Bissau by Portugal and in Senegal by France.

Applicants from the following countries can apply for a Residence Permit at the AC: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa, Chad, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo. Website to book an appointment is http://residencepermits.finland.fi/Nigeria/. Via the website you can book an appointment. Residence Permit fee and VFS Global Service Charge are paid on site unless instructed by VFS Global to pay to the Embassy of Finland (excluding applications paid in advance via EnterFinland).

Opening hours Monday through Friday 08:00-15:00 (only by pre-booked appointment)

Hello, Please I'd like to know if a sponsor's letter, account statement and pay-slips would be needed at the VFS centre as there were no options to fill that in on the online application. the only space to fill there was my own statement of account I didn't know I'd have to submit their statements too. I indicated my sister and fiance as sponsors and submitted my statement of account with the required amount in it. If their account is needed, how do I go about submitting it as I have already applied online? does it have to be original copies or notarized as they both are abroad? can they mail them to me and I print? the account statement, payslips, letter etc

Also, what happens when at the time of processing if the value for the equivalent amount in naira has increased due to current exchange rate, does that affect the application? let's say the equivalent of the 6720euros is 2.7 required and I have 2.9 in my account which i printed and submitted and at the point of processing the permit, the value is now 3.1, does that affect me?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Titanium22: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Time2win:

Please I'd also like to know what documents are legalised by VFS for study resident permit. I only have my WAEC and BSC cert, and transcript authenticated at the foreign affairs.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Titanium22: 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sociology555:
Hi fan
I just three admission to Sovonia and xmak.
Anyone in my shoe
Pm me let's hook up

Hi, I also got admitted to Savonia. Nice to meet you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Titanium22: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

EMBASSY OF FINLAND January 2014
9 Iro Dan Musa Street
Asokoro,
Abuja, Nigeria

Tel. + 234 80 37 85 11 50
+ 234 70 64 18 90 00

Email: visa.aba@formin.fi
www.finlandnigeria.org

RESIDENT PERMITS FOR STUDENTS

If you have received an admission letter to a Finnish university, polytechnic or other educational institution and are planning to start your studies in Finland and if your stay in Finland will exceed three months you need to apply for a residence permit.

To apply for a residence permit to Finland you need to come for an interview. All applicants will be interviewed and applicants’ fingerprints will be recorded at the Embassy of Finland in Abuja. An appointment time can be booked by e-mail in advance at visa.aba@formin.fi. Embassy is unable to give appointments by telephone. All correspondence to and from the embassy should be through e-mail.

Kindly include the following in your application:

* Residence permit application form (OLE_OPI) properly filled (application form can be found at the Finnish Immigration website: www.migri.fi)
* Original International Passport (submitted in advance if you are Nigerian, please see below)
* Three passport photographs (coloured with white background)
* Original Admission letter
* Original Certificates from former schools
* Your original WAEC or NECO certificates and your result checking card
* Original Insurance Policy (list of accepted insurance policy companies attached)
-if studies are expected to last less than 2 years: amount of indemnity at least 100 000 euros
-if studies are expected to last more than 2 years: amount of indemnity at least 30 000 euros
* Original Bank Statements stating a balance of 6,720 (six thousand seven hundred and twenty) Euros or the equivalent in another currency in your own bank account (not sponsor's!) until you will travel to Finland. The Bank Statement should also include a list of transactions for the past three months.
The Embassy strongly advices you to deposit your funds in respectable international banks (see attached list). Should you have a sponsor for your studies, please provide a letter from the sponsor as well as proof of funds available (bank statements, salary slips etc.). The letter should explain how the funds for sponsorship have been acquired.
* Any other documents supporting your application

Kindly note that the documents need to be submitted to the Embassy two weeks prior to the date of the interview. The documents to be submitted in advance include the application form and originals of all documents listed above. If you are a Nigerian citizen, you are also required to include your international passport. If you are a citizen of a country other than Nigeria and need your passport to travel to Nigeria, you are required to submit a photocopy of the information page of your passport, and bring the passport with you when you arrive for the residence permit interview. They can be submitted to the Embassy via a reliable courier service, such as DHL, UPS, or FedEx. Please find below the delivery address:

Embassy of Finland
Residence permit office
9 Iro Dan Musa Street
Asokoro
Abuja
Nigeria

The original documents will be returned to you at the conclusion of the residence permit interview. Kindly also note that your original passport and the original receipt for the payment of the residence permit fee needs to be presented when arriving to the Embassy for the interview.

Two sets of photocopies of all original documents must also be submitted when arriving for the interview.

Processing fee must have been paid in full into the Embassy's Bank Account at any Standard Chartered Bank in Nigeria before a residence permit can be applied for. The original bank slip of the payment must be personally presented by the applicant at the interview.

Please note that the amount of the application fee is different whether you submit a regular paper application, or an electronic application. Electronic applications can be submitted at the Finnish Immigration Service website at http://www.migri.fi/services/e_services
Please note that the requirement to submit original documents in advance to the Embassy is still in force even if you submit your application electronically.
NGN Account Number 0001449729 for payments in Naira 74.000 in full for paper applications
NGN Account Number 0001449729 for payments in Naira 67.000 in full for electronic applications
EUR Account Number 0001449736 for payments in Euro 330 in full for paper applications
EUR Account Number 0001449736 for payments in Euro 300 in full for paper applications
More information can be found from the Finnish Immigration Service website: www.migri.fi
The competent authority for residence permits is the Finnish Immigration Service. After lodging your application, kindly address your further enquires directly to them. The Finnish Immigration Service makes the decisions on granting of residence permits.

Finnish Immigration Service:
tel. +358 71 873 0431 (exchange), +358 71 873 3400 (customer service)
e-mail: maahanmuuttovirasto@migri.fi
web page: www.migri.fi,
postal address: P.O. Box 18, 00581 Helsinki , Finland
visiting address: Lautatarhankatu 10, Helsinki.

Please read and follow the above instructions carefully. Failing to follow the instructions may cause a delay in processing your application.

Please I'd like to know if the statement of account of my sponsors must be original copies and notarized as both of them are abroad. can they send them to me and I print? there were no options to fill that in on the online application. the only space to fill there was my own statement of account. I indicated my sister and fiance as sponsors and submitted my statement of account with the required amount in it, I didn't know I also had to send the statement of accounts of the sponsors. can I go to the "SEND OTHER DOCUMENTS" section to put in these documents. and does it have to be both sponsors as I indicated 2?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ufemia26: 5:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hey guys, pls is it mandatory to use SAT cert for admission entry into Bsc Nursing in finland? Because I have a Bsc in biochemistry already.

Secondly, I noticed that one must write an entrance exam and have knowledge of the Finnish language in A2 before granted admission to Bsc Nursing.

Please, is there anyone here who was granted admission to Bsc Nursing in Finland?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogedozie: 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
Ufemia26:
Hey guys, pls is it mandatory to use SAT cert for admission entry into Bsc Nursing in finland? Because I have a Bsc in biochemistry already.

Secondly, I noticed that one must write an entrance exam and have knowledge of the Finnish language in A2 before granted admission to Bsc Nursing.

Please, is there anyone here who was granted admission to Bsc Nursing in Finland?

Not all schools require SAT nor a knowledge of Finnish language, example Novia uas, JYU, Savonia uas, and Satakunta uas(Samk) to name a few. I hope its helpful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.