Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (947574 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WMachine15: 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
Me too, bro. I'm waiting for some other offers elsewhere. From early next month I will know if I am going. I've accepted their offer because their tuition waiver and fee is better than the other waiver I got from other schools.
Alfred2000:

Congratulations. That makes us two as i also got admitted to same program. Hope we can link up soon..

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bishophenry(m): 10:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
preciousmathias:
Thank you all for the wonderful contributions, I got admitted to wood material science in UEF , anybody in same field or has information on the resident permit.

Drop ur email.
Congratulations.
We are three now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by preciousmathias: 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
preciousmathias69@gmail.com please write me let's talk about it.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TinaOkwue: 11:13pm On Apr 08, 2021
WMachine15:
IMHO, the money is on the high side. If I were you, I would have waited to hear from the other school to know if there is any tuition waiver, except you can afford it. What is the tuition fee for the second university?

the other school said my name was in their waiting list and usually the only way you’d be admitted if your name is in waiting list is if does that were given admission don’t pay their fees or they don’t accept the admission btw the admission fee is 6000 euro with 50% waiver
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WMachine15: 11:05am On Apr 09, 2021
If you feel the money is way expensive, just wait. I think someone may not be attending that way you still get you offer but do make sure you keep disturbing them. But if the 8500 euro will give you 50%, it may not be bad after all. Good luck.
TinaOkwue:
the other school said my name was in their waiting list and usually the only way you’d be admitted if your name is in waiting list is if does that were given admission don’t pay their fees or they don’t accept the admission btw the admission fee is 6000 euro with 50% waiver
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TinaOkwue: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2021
I wonder why this thread is so quiet it’s really not a good one,and I’m just asking my self is it that people are not applying for Finland residency permit or they are not getting it?what really is the problem I’m asking because this group is almost non existent and I’m worried about paying my fees and not even knowing what the statistics of the visa issuance is..............please anyone who can help me with any of this information I seek should pls do so would really appreciate.or if there is a group chat for this and that’s what making the thread so dry pls i would like to be added I’m at the verge of paying my fees and applying for the visa the fees is quiet high and I wouldn’t want to make a mistake.thanks

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Elnon: 7:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
I understand ur concerns and that is same with me...Why are Nigerians there who went via schooling aint giving feedback about work permit/permanent residency?...Something just doesn't add up ...Nawa o....Pls Nigerians in Finland ,kindly let us know what's next after school?
TinaOkwue:
I wonder why this thread is so quiet it’s really not a good one,and I’m just asking my self is it that people are not applying for Finland residency permit or they are not getting it?what really is the problem I’m asking because this group is almost non existent and I’m worried about paying my fees and not even knowing what the statistics of the visa issuance is..............please anyone who can help me with any of this information I seek should pls do so would really appreciate.or if there is a group chat for this and that’s what making the thread so dry pls i would like to be added I’m at the verge of paying my fees and applying for the visa the fees is quiet high and I wouldn’t want to make a mistake.thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ulasiking: 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
Please I need advice, my sister is about to apply for Finnish Student Visa next month. She studied Chemical Engineering in Nigeria 8 years ago, but recently got Bsc Nursing In Finland. She has paid 8,000 euro towards her first year tuition fee and has 6,500,000 (13,500 euro) in her account. I want to know if she still needs to show her sponsors statement of account.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Alfred2000: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
ulasiking:
Please I need advice, my sister is about to apply for Finnish Student Visa next month. She studied Chemical Engineering in Nigeria 8 years ago, but recently got Bsc Nursing In Finland. She has paid 8,000 euro towards her first year tuition fee and has 6,500,000 (13,500 euro) in her account. I want to know if she still needs to show her sponsors statement of account.
Yes she has to get her sponsors SOA to show where the funds came from
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by babakb: 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
TinaOkwue:

After your graduation you can apply for 1 year residence permit to remain in Finland and look for a Job, after securing a job within the year you will be granted temporary residence renewable every 2 years as long as you're employed, after 5 years of Temporary residence you would be granted permanent residence, after 5 years of permanent residence you would be granted Citizenship.

Trust me, you can ONLY secure a job there if you master the Finish Language, regardless of academic achievement and work experience without mastering the Finish language you can't secure a Job there.

Remember that Finland is part of EU and Shenghen, Citizens of these Unions don't need a work permit to work in any of the member countries but you need one, you are gonna be competing with people that are favoured by the system, and it's quite easy for EU and Shenghen employers to employ the Unions Citizens than outsiders...

The only way you stand a chance is to master the Finish language to native level before you finish your studies there.

I have never travelled out of Nigeria before, I get all my information from the internet smiley smiley smiley

11 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Elnon: 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
Thank you for this!
babakb:

After your graduation you can apply for 1 year residence permit to remain in Finland and look for a Job, after securing a job within the year you will be granted temporary residence renewable every 2 years as long as you're employed, after 5 years of Temporary residence you would be granted permanent residence, after 5 years of permanent residence you would be granted Citizenship.

Trust me, you can ONLY secure a job there if you master the Finish Language, regardless of academic achievement and work experience without mastering the Finish language you can't secure a Job there.

Remember that Finland is part of EU and Shenghen, Citizens of these Unions don't need a work permit to work in any of the member countries but you need one, you are gonna be competing with people that are favoured by the system, and it's quite easy for EU and Shenghen employers to employ the Unions Citizens than outsiders...

The only way you stand a chance is to master the Finish language to native level before you finish your studies there.

I have never travelled out of Nigeria before, I get all my information from the internet smiley smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2021
babakb:

Some corrections;
After graduation you can get 1 year work permit to secure a job, most people in IT do not need Finnish to secure a job. Basically you just need to secure any job with a permanent contract that gives you at least 1100 euros after tax and you will be granted 4 years work residence permit (type A permit). On the basis of citizenship, you need to have lived in Finland with a type A permit for 5 years and pass the Finnish language test. Study permit which is type B with 2 years on this is equivalent to 1.5 years type A.

8 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by babakb: 11:30am On Apr 12, 2021
Dude04:

Some corrections;
After graduation you can get 1 year work permit to secure a job, most people in IT do not need Finnish to secure a job. Basically you just need to secure any job with a permanent contract that gives you at least 1100 euros after tax and you will be granted 4 years work residence permit (type A permit). On the basis of citizenship, you need to have lived in Finland with a type A permit for 5 years and pass the Finnish language test. Study permit which is type B with 2 years on this is equivalent to 1.5 years type A.

Nice one, IT professionals always get preferential treatment angry angry angry

None IT professionals should brace up to learn the Finish Language.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Atkins21: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2021
Does anyone on the platform have an idea of the minimum amount of of personal income that can be declared by sponsored for the for tax clearance for the purpose of Finland student visa application?
oak202:

Answer to your question
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Moonflower: 4:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
[quote author=TinaOkwue post=100620738]the other school said my name was in their waiting list and usually the only way you’d be admitted if your name is in waiting list is if does that were given admission don’t pay their fees or they don’t accept the admission btw the admission fee is 6000 euro with 50% waiver

Hiii, did you get into this one?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 7:34am On Apr 22, 2021
Hi,
Has anyone recently paid fees from Nigeria. What rate did the bank give you?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TinaOkwue: 7:39pm On May 02, 2021
Hello,has anyone done authentication?
Would like to link up with anyone that has been giving admission and wanting to process their residency permit let’s do it together pls there’s little or no information and this thread isn’t helping anymore
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by cruzydal(m): 1:26pm On May 04, 2021
Chizzypepe1:
Has anyone done the group discussion? Please how was it? Or if you are scheduled for today, you fit come tell us how e go
Hello I’d love to have a discussion with you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ebdumi: 4:15pm On May 04, 2021
Good evening rumies grin
Please I want to apply to finland for admissions in msc, but I need some answers..

Is English test required?

How can one determine his school fees cut

Can one get a conditional admissions? , Because my transcript will be out by March..

What is the minimum bsc grade for Msc in finland

Thank you..I appreciate your answers..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olufrosh(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2021
Fc
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Herbertstan: 8:19am On May 08, 2021
TinaOkwue:
Hello,has anyone done authentication?
Would like to link up with anyone that has been giving admission and wanting to process their residency permit let’s do it together pls there’s little or no information and this thread isn’t helping anymore unfortunately and it makes me wonder if people are no longer applying for Finland visa
Pls if you know you want to start your visa application you can send me an email augstinaokwue@gmail.com send your contact to the email address let me know I'm not alone on this train Biko.

Hello, I hope to apply for the Finnish residence permit before the end of May. I've secured a study place at Lapparenta University of Technology
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ManofStitch: 9:41am On May 09, 2021
Herbertstan:

Hello, I hope to apply for the Finnish residence permit before the end of May. I've secured a study place at Lapparenta University of Technology
hello there , finally someone who's also going to Finland ...I have VFS appointment for June ..but I'm yet to complete my online application on enter Finland ..I'd appreciate any information from anyone who recently got there residence permit, I opened a new account to deposit my living expenses, I want to know if new accounts are allowed considering the statement of account will not be upto 6months when I submit
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ManofStitch: 9:48am On May 09, 2021
Hello , I recently paid my tuition for a Bsc nursing program in Lapland , I'm in the process of getting my funds from my sponsor I'm looking at €7,000 (3.5m ) I hope this is sufficient though, I have an appointment in June although I'm yet to complete my online application on enter Finland because I'm yet to get the money and statement of account , it's nice to see people applying ...please mail me @ @ ceooladejiemmanuel@gmail.com if you have any important info to share please
Alfred2000:

Yes she has to get her sponsors SOA to show where the funds came from
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogedozie: 9:50am On May 09, 2021
ManofStitch:
hello there , finally someone who's also going to Finland ...I have VFS appointment for June ..but I'm yet to complete my online application on enter Finland ..I'd appreciate any information from anyone who recently got there residence permit, I opened a new account to deposit my living expenses, I want to know if new accounts are allowed considering the statement of account will not be upto 6months when I submit

Yes, you can use a new account
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ManofStitch: 9:51am On May 09, 2021
Hello @herbertstan please can we correspond on ceooladejiemmanuel@gmail.com I have a study place and have a VFs appointment in June
Herbertstan:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ManofStitch: 9:53am On May 09, 2021
I paid using dollars 1 euro = 1.8625 dollars thereabout
Dude04:
Hi,
Has anyone recently paid fees from Nigeria. What rate did the bank give you?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogedozie: 9:55am On May 09, 2021
ManofStitch:
Hello , I recently paid my tuition for a Bsc nursing program in Lapland , I'm in the process of getting my funds from my sponsor I'm looking at €7,000 (3.5m ) I hope this is sufficient though, I have an appointment in June although I'm yet to complete my online application on enter Finland because I'm yet to get the money and statement of account , it's nice to see people applying ...please mail me @ @ ceooladejiemmanuel@gmail.com if you have any important info to share please

I wouldn't say 3.5m is sufficient but to be on a safe side, you can calculate using the black market rate considering the value isn't constant.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sylviaugo1914: 1:47am On May 11, 2021
Hi,can anyone help with list of schools offering PhD on scholarship in Finland
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sociology555(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2021
Hi
Pls is 3.1m in my account good enough for the Finnish immigration to grant me resident permit, because am having my interview on 26 may

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogedozie: 6:50pm On May 12, 2021
Sociology555:
Hi
Pls is 3.1m in my account good enough for the Finnish immigration to grant me resident permit, because am having my interview on 26 may

To be on a safe side, you can add an extra 200k or make it 3.5m.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.