Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949137 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by gr8femfred: 5:03pm On May 19, 2023
Can I still apply for school( Masters program)this year
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by newhere1234: 9:51pm On May 19, 2023
gr8femfred:
Can I still apply for school( Masters program)this year

Applications will be open in September 4th. You'll need ielts. studyinfo dot fi
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Joshx23: 2:12pm On May 20, 2023
newhere1234:

I need your honest answer ... I will be 29 come October ... I have only my OND ... I want to apply for BSC ... I have an English proficiency letter from my federal polytechnic... Do I still need IELTS since I have my English proficiency letter ? How much will be enough for all the expenses?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by newhere1234: 8:47am On May 21, 2023
Joshx23:

I need your honest answer ... I will be 29 come October ... I have only my OND ... I want to apply for BSC ... I have an English proficiency letter from my federal polytechnic... Do I still need IELTS since I have my English proficiency letter ? How much will be enough for all the expenses?

You don't need IELTS or proficiency letter for bsc, there is an entrance exam and no age limit also.

I can't answer about the expenses as I'm not sure. I wish someone who did it recently would come help on that.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Deltayankeeboi: 12:00pm On May 21, 2023
Please does anyone here have idea about applying for the Finland government scholarship for masters.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Deltayankeeboi: 12:05pm On May 21, 2023
WeddingParol:

Same school here.

You are required to pay your tuition fee upfront and a possibility of 1.5k euro tuition discount as stated on your offer document.

You can work 30hrs while hubby work full time. It depends on how long your study will last but the fact that you can get your PR in 4yrs from the date of arrival is one of the drives.

And Finland is ratted very high in standard of living, quality of life, quality of education for yourself and children among others.

You can dm me

Feezlaiman I sent you a dm, please revert with your email, I need your guidance.
I thought Finland is free tuition?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tadeus(m): 2:03pm On May 21, 2023
My wife is planning to enroll for an undergrad program(second degree)in Finland, can I follow her as a dependent?

Please advise
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 5:52pm On May 21, 2023
Joshx23:

Like they informed you above, you don't need IELTS or any letter since you're applying for BSC. For age, I know a 50year old man doing BSC in Finland. He's in his final year now.

If you're single, you don't need legalization so your expenses will be limited to permit application which is around 350 Euro (about N175k) plus service charge of N37,500 and postage fee of 10.5 Euro I think

Your school fees will depend on the school you're going to and airfare of course depends on the airline that'll fly you there when you succeed

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 5:53pm On May 21, 2023
Tadeus:
My wife is planning to enroll for an undergrad program(second degree)in Finland, can I follow her as a dependent?

Please advise

Yes you can go with her. You should make sure you go with her. It'll help you guys a lot
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 5:53pm On May 21, 2023
Deltayankeeboi:
I thought Finland is free tuition?

No longer free but plenty schools offer scholarship
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Eizzypro: 7:04pm On May 21, 2023
Please when will their next application for postgraduate will be open and

Secondly, the list of universities with no entrance exam only by application submitted and interview that also offer scholarship

Thirdly, can my spouse join me later maybe after 6months or a year ? and

Lastly will 6-7m cover all the expenses of relocating to Finland thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by IceQween(f): 8:23pm On May 21, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Yes you can go with her. You should make sure you go with her. It'll help you guys a lot

Outstandingmam, do you have an idea if schools In Finland accept HND for their masters? Or Can I do a post graduate course first? I am very much interested in schooling there.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 11:50pm On May 21, 2023
IceQween:

Outstandingmam, do you have an idea if schools In Finland accept HND for their masters? Or Can I do a post graduate course first? I am very much interested in schooling there.

They do not accept HND for Masters. I doubt that they accept for PGD. I don't even know about their PGD courses.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 11:54pm On May 21, 2023
Eizzypro:
Please when will their next application for postgraduate will be open and

Until December for the earliest schools

Secondly, the list of universities with no entrance exam only by application submitted and interview that also offer scholarship

Visit studyinfo dot fi

Thirdly, can my spouse join me later maybe after 6months or a year ? and

Yes but it's easier for you to go together than for him/her to come later

Lastly will 6-7m cover all the expenses of relocating to Finland thanks

depends on the size of your family and the tuition fees of your destination school

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Deltayankeeboi: 5:24am On May 22, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Thanks. I the scholarship fully funded? Please do you have idea of the Finland government fully funded scholarship
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 11:31am On May 22, 2023
Deltayankeeboi:

Thanks. I the scholarship fully funded? Please do you have idea of the Finland government fully funded scholarship

I don't know much about it but apart from the Finnish government scholarship, virtually all the schools offer one form of scholarship or the other to fee paying students
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Focus99: 5:40am On May 23, 2023
Do they accept 3rd class for a master program?

How much is application fee?

Kindly give me a range of their tuition like from the minimum to maximum

Do one need to pay tuition deposit or one must pay first year tuition in full?

How much is living expenses? And I guess this has to be in an application account plus the balance of the tuition fee yea?

How many months bank statement do one need to show for RP application?

Do I need to show employment letter/reference letter as proof of employment for RP application?

Thanks for your reply

Outstandingmam:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Charles4182: 8:16am On May 23, 2023
Pls bosses, can someone please tell me little more about Finland and there Post graduate studies.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:23am On May 23, 2023
Focus99:
Do they accept 3rd class for a master program?

I have no idea but someone I know with a 3rd started with BSC all over again

How much is application fee?

no application fee

Kindly give me a range of their tuition like from the minimum to maximum

You'll get better information on this by visiting their site studyinfo dot fi

Do one need to pay tuition deposit or one must pay first year tuition in full?

Must be paid in full

How much is living expenses? And I guess this has to be in an application account plus the balance of the tuition fee yea?

Are you going alone or with family? That'll be the main determining factor. As a single guy/babe, you shouldn't need more than 500euro/month except you're the flamboyant type. For a family of 5, 1500euro/month should be more than okay. However, you'll need to show equivalent of 2,760*12 = €33,120 for a full year's upkeep funds.

Yes this equivalent for 12 months has to be in your account.

Tuition is paid in full before you can get resident permit

How many months bank statement do one need to show for RP application?

They stipulate 6 months but from experience, there's no hard and fast rule. Even a month might be okay if you can prove the source of the funds is strong and comfortable enough to continue sponsoring you well into the future.

Do I need to show employment letter/reference letter as proof of employment for RP application?

If your sponsor is your job, you need to show employment letter, 6 months pay slip, tax clearance certificate, statement of account showing salary payment. Adding your pension account statement and letter from PFA goes a long way to solidify your application

Thanks for your reply

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Edipet(m): 7:03pm On May 23, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Like they informed you above, you don't need IELTS or any letter since you're applying for BSC. For age, I know a 50year old man doing BSC in Finland. He's in his final year now.

If you're single, you don't need legalization so your expenses will be limited to permit application which is around 350 Euro (about N175k) plus service charge of N37,500 and postage fee of 10.5 Euro I think

Your school fees will depend on the school you're going to and airfare of course depends on the airline that'll fly you there when you succeed
please I want to apply for master. Will they accept my English proficiency letter from my school.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Joshx23: 8:31pm On May 23, 2023
newhere1234:

You don't need IELTS or proficiency letter for bsc, there is an entrance exam and no age limit also.

I can't answer about the expenses as I'm not sure. I wish someone who did it recently would come help on that.

Thanks sir
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Joshx23: 8:32pm On May 23, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Thanks sir

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by homotayo11(m): 6:11am On May 24, 2023
Quick question: Will I be required to pay full tuition before I leave Nigeria? Or a certain percent, Also is it possible to study and be able to pay tuition of 10k yearly.

Outstandingmam:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 1:51pm On May 25, 2023
Edipet:
please I want to apply for master. Will they accept my English proficiency letter from my school.

No
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 1:56pm On May 25, 2023
homotayo11:
Quick question: Will I be required to pay full tuition before I leave Nigeria? Or a certain percent, Also is it possible to study and be able to pay tuition of 10k yearly.

I doubt that any school will confirm your study place without you paying the full tuition. Check for more info on studyinfo dot fi

If you're single, you might be able to hustle €10k fees per year but you'll stress yourself. Generally though, if you're diligent with your studies and are able to complete up to 60 credit units every session, practically all their schools will give you between 40% and 70% discount on fees for the following session so there's that.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Flourhine: 8:57pm On May 25, 2023
newhere1234:

Please I really wants to know about the entrance exam in any Finland 🇫🇮 school.most especially Diaconia university..can u please shed more light and tell me about their admission.thank u

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Eizzypro: 9:43pm On May 25, 2023
newhere1234:

oh ok, the September application will be for 2024 January section right ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Focus99: 7:18am On May 26, 2023
Thank you for your reply.

Let's say I apply for Bsc and I guess Bsc is for 3yrs.

Will I have to pay total tuition fee for the 3yrs in full before applying for residence permit?

[quote author=Outstandingmam post=123310358][/quote]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 4:44pm On May 26, 2023
Focus99:
Thank you for your reply.

Let's say I apply for Bsc and I guess Bsc is for 3yrs.

Will I have to pay total tuition fee for the 3yrs in full before applying for residence permit?

You pay fees for 1 session at a time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Raregem9000(m): 9:48pm On May 26, 2023
Well done with the good job you're doing here boss @Outstandingmam
I have OND/HND Certificate and I intend to relocate to Finland with a family of 3, please advice me boss. Thanks in advance
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 10:05pm On May 26, 2023
Raregem9000:
Well done with the good job you're doing here boss @Outstandingmam
I have OND/HND Certificate and I intend to relocate to Finland with a family of 3, please advice me boss. Thanks in advance

Your Poly certificates won't help you much. Just make up your mind to apply for a BSC program. Next admissions round starts in December for some schools but most schools start theirs in January. There's a central application portal. The address is studyinfo dot fi

You can go with your family. You can work for 30 hours/week while your spouse can work 247. If you put your mind to it, it's doable. Remember there's an entrance exam you'll write in Feb so start preparing

3 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Xbolmax: 8:46am On May 27, 2023
Please house I will love to study in Finland.
But I have some questions to ask to have more insight about the process and the best way to go about it.

1. I have HND in business Administration and management but doing the English proficiency will take time( preparing and writing ) might even fail( based on what have been seen online about the exam)

2. Well, is there any schools in finland that has direct masters for HND ? And do they accept HND for master without the English proficiency?

3. If I should for BSC, ( although I had my waec since 2010) I guess will not affect my admission process ?

4. How much will it cost me (tuition and the visa process) to be in finland to study ?

5. Please if anyone can recommend some schools that has easy process to enable me study in Finland

Thank you all
I await your quick responses

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.