Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,907 members, 7,799,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (946376 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 9:40am On Nov 23, 2012
@dahonestboss, kindly list some of the schools located in the major cities where there are opportunities. And I was going thru d admission requirements of Hanken School of Economics and university of Helsinki, GRE is required for admission. I want a school that doesn't require Gre. I intend going for masters in economics. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kelomo(m): 10:48am On Nov 23, 2012
Thank you bro for the info so far. Please what certificate of language skill will need to submit for my Msc programme at the University of Helsinki? Thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
kelomo: Thank you bro for the info so far. Please what certificate of language skill will need to submit for my Msc programme at the University of Helsinki? Thank you

ielts or toefl

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by odunmanuel: 12:03am On Nov 24, 2012
wel done guys,keep it up.1 luv kep us 2geda
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
Manweysabi: @dahonestboss, kindly list some of the schools located in the major cities where there are opportunities. And I was going thru d admission requirements of Hanken School of Economics and university of Helsinki, GRE is required for admission. I want a school that doesn't require Gre. I intend going for masters in economics. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2012
Manweysabi: @dahonestboss, kindly list some of the schools located in the major cities where there are opportunities. And I was going thru d admission requirements of Hanken School of Economics and university of Helsinki, GRE is required for admission. I want a school that doesn't require Gre. I intend going for masters in economics. Thanks

sorry bro, I missed your post

Turku, Tampere, Helsinki, Jyvaskyla, Kuopio are big cities, and you will a get a job there in few weeks after arrival if you are constant in searching. I cant list the schools that do not accept that here, please check each of the schools website and see their admission requirement

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 11:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
Thanks. Just what i needed, i'll dig the rest
dahonestboss:

sorry bro, I missed your post

Turku, Tampere, Helsinki, Jyvaskyla, Kuopio are big cities, and you will a get a job there in few weeks after arrival if you are constant in searching. I cant list the schools that do not accept that here, please check each of the schools website and see their admission requirement

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by omidan21: 3:34am On Nov 25, 2012
Wonderful job well-done to d house.pls aside from dose universities listed on d UAF website.can I apply to other universities too whose names aint listed on the UAF especially most of the university of applied science.en at d same time apply to universities on d UAF.I look forward to a favourable reply.Thank You
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2012
omidan21: Wonderful job well-done to d house.pls aside from dose universities listed on d UAF website.can I apply to other universities too whose names aint listed on the UAF especially most of the university of applied science.en at d same time apply to universities on d UAF.I look forward to a favourable reply.Thank You

university and university of applied sciences are different. you can't apply to both in the same application form. you apply to each separately.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by martcrown: 1:45am On Nov 27, 2012
You guys are doing very impressive job here...thumb up.
Pls, am new to all these travelling abroad procedure, and i will like to ask few question, please ur answers will be highly appreciated.
1. Between IELTS and TOEFL, which one is more easier to pass, affordable, and d one dat releases the result promptly.
2. Can I apply to any University without the result of the language test (like awaiting result stuff).
Earnestly awaiting your contribution...thanks and God bless...
NB- I have my B.sc in Biochemistry (2.1), can u recommend any University that is good in this aspect.... Thanks a bunch
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
martcrown: You guys are doing very impressive job here...thumb up.
Pls, am new to all these travelling abroad procedure, and i will like to ask few question, please ur answers will be highly appreciated.
1. Between IELTS and TOEFL, which one is more easier to pass, affordable, and d one dat releases the result promptly.
2. Can I apply to any University without the result of the language test (like awaiting result stuff).
Earnestly awaiting your contribution...thanks and God bless...
NB- I have my B.sc in Biochemistry (2.1), can u recommend any University that is good in this aspect.... Thanks a bunch

IELTS anf TOEFL are the same, but I would Prefer IELTS, but that my own opinion. you can apply with ot without your language certificate, but make sure you send it to the admission office before the stipulated deadline.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Golddust50: 7:50am On Nov 29, 2012
THANKS A LOT BRO 4 ALL DIS INFO GOD BLESS U FOR ME..I WANT TO APPLY IN ONE OF THOSE SCHLS THAT OFFER MSC FINNANCE,THEIR TUITION FEE IS 250 EURO AND THEIR IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP..CONSIDERING THE COST OF LIVING IS IT A VIABLE OPTION AND IS IT POSSSIBLE FOR THEM TO INCREEASE THIS FEE BY 100% BEFORE THE SECOND YEAR OF THE PROGRAM.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 9:25am On Nov 29, 2012
Golddust50: THANKS A LOT BRO 4 ALL DIS INFO GOD BLESS U FOR ME..I WANT TO APPLY IN ONE OF THOSE SCHLS THAT OFFER MSC FINNANCE,THEIR TUITION FEE IS 250 EURO AND THEIR IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP..CONSIDERING THE COST OF LIVING IS IT A VIABLE OPTION AND IS IT POSSSIBLE FOR THEM TO INCREEASE THIS FEE BY 100% BEFORE THE SECOND YEAR OF THE PROGRAM.
hi, pls, what's the name of the school?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Golddust50: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2012
Manweysabi: hi, pls, what's the name of the school?
University of oulu
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2012
Golddust50: University of oulu
Gre is part of their requirements. I got one in university of jyvaskyla. Tuition free. No Gre, only toefl or ielts and transcript majorly. Though, i'm applying for masters in int'l business and entrepreneurship
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Golddust50: 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2012
Manweysabi: Gre is part of their requirements. I got one in university of jyvaskyla. Tuition free. No Gre, only toefl or ielts and transcript majorly. Though, i'm applying for masters on int'l business and entrepreneurship
kk I'l check it out.when are u planning to write d ielts.Hav u got materials to prepare 4 d exam?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2012
Golddust50: kk I'l check it out.when are u planning to write d ielts.Hav u got materials to prepare 4 d exam?
am trying to register with the british council for december. I have material for toefl not ielts. Though, i was told ielts is easier.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Golddust50: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2012
Manweysabi: am trying to register with the british council for december. I have material for toefl not ielts. Though, i was told ielts is easier.
kk I checked also d test dates are 1st and 8th december,jan5th...wonder if 1 can prepare in a week?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2012
Golddust50: kk I checked also d test dates are 1st and 8th december,jan5th...wonder if 1 can prepare in a week?
are u registering with british council? What did u study?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PopeNiyi: 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2012
dahonestboss: Hello Mates

Just thought I might be of help to prospective Applicant who would like to apply for a MASTER degree programme in Finland. The application period will start in 1st of December 2012 to January 2013, And if you would like to apply and need genuine information, kindly post it here and I will get back to you.

Note that studying in Finland is entirely free, from the online application till when you are accepted and there are no tuition fee thereafter. Degrees from Finland are highly respected worldwide and they have some of the world best university that features in the top hundred universities every year e.g. university of helsinki, Aalto university, helsinki university of technology etc.

Many international organisation has rated Finnish educational system as the best in the world including WEF (world economic forum). Finland is also a Schengen country, which gives you an advantages to travel around Europe visa free.

Tanks 4 d infomation...but please i will like 2 know if an HND Mass comm. graduate can apply 4 his Masters & what are d criteria xpected...

I did everything myself when I was applying to come here recently, and it was successful, and I would like to share some info to genuine applicant who wish to apply in the upcoming application period.

you can visit www.universityadmissions.fi to get acquainted on how to apply and the school requirement on each courses, its very easy and straight forward.

For undergraduate student, I might not be able to help because Nigerian applicant would be invited to Finland instead of Ghana (of which you cant get a visa to come for exam, its written boldly on the Finnish embassy website in Abuja), but if you live in another schengen country, or has a passport with visa free to to the schengen states, then I might help, but familiarize yourself with the info on these page first

https://www.nairaland.com/577919/study-finland-september-tuition-free

Master degree are the easiest, without the need for any entrance exam, gmat, SAT etc.

Scandinavia is nice and peaceful, smiley smiley smiley

Lets do this together, we shall get there

Br, Honest.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PopeNiyi: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2012
[quote author=Pope Niyi][/quote

Tanks 4 d information but can a HND Mass Comm student do his masters there...& if it is so what are d criterias?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2012
Pope Niyi
Tanks 4 d information but can a HND Mass Comm student do his masters there...& if it is so what are d criterias?

You don't need to quote the whole thread just for these piece of lines, its derailing. back to your question, you cannot. the minimum requirement are your bachelor degree and a language skill cert
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by martcrown: 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2012
@dahonest boss, i really appreciate ur response to my questions....thanks so much.
But my probs now is that most of the University's application is through (www.universityadmission.fi) site which is not responding at the moment for the creation of account....pls, does that mean the registration period has passed or the site is having a temporary problem?
Please i await ur response...thanks a million.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by martcrown: 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2012
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2012
martcrown: @dahonest boss, i really appreciate ur response to my questions....thanks so much.
But my probs now is that most of the University's application is through (www.universityadmission.fi) site which is not responding at the moment for the creation of account....pls, does that mean the registration period has passed or the site is having a temporary problem?
Please i await ur response...thanks a million.

Its not closed yet. I guest the site is under maintainance. just give it some few hours/days
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hi guys, God bless you for this thread; I've been doing some research about this for some time though my focus was more on Norway whose cost of living I found too expensive. I think the cost in Finland is more realistic and I will be applying for Msc. in Networking but the problem I have now is that I'm currently serving in cross river state and ll be trough by June next year. I haven't gotten my int. passport nor any English test yet. I'll like your advise concerning this, am I too late to start all the processing? thanks and looking forward to hearing from you guys.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2012
Bunmiemich: Hi guys, God bless you for this thread; I've been doing some research about this for some time though my focus was more on Norway whose cost of living I found too expensive. I think the cost in Finland is more realistic and I will be applying for Msc. in Networking but the problem I have now is that I'm currently serving in cross river state and ll be trough by June next year. I haven't gotten my int. passport nor any English test yet. I'll like your advise concerning this, am I too late to start all the processing? thanks and looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Some schools have started receiving applications and others will start by january. But the challenge is the english test. if u know u can write TOEFl or ielts in december then u can give a trial. But, firstly, u have to identify the schools that offer ur course so that u can check their deadline.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by martcrown: 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
@dahonestboss, thanks bro, and to everybody thanks for the info, i appreciate.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by brightlarry83: 6:33am On Dec 02, 2012
please if i may ask...what is the tendency of getting job if someone enter shengai country with visit visa?..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Manweysabi(m): 8:53am On Dec 02, 2012
brightlarry83: please if i may ask...what is the tendency of getting job if someone enter shengai country with visit visa?..
NAGODGETPOWERPASS!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
brightlarry83: please if i may ask...what is the tendency of getting job if someone enter shengai country with visit visa?..

You can't work with a visiting visa bro, No spoil our name for us more. visit and go bak to naija, respect yourself. believe me, if you wan stay, you no gbadun am at all. depending on when you wan enta, if it fall in april next year, then you fit enta here come do the entrance exam for bachelors study. if you get admission, then you just apply for your residence permit inland and work as a student. na the easiest be that

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
Finland currently rank as the best educational system in the developed world in 2012

The UK's education system is ranked sixth best in the developed world, according to a global league table published by education firm Pearson.

The first and second places are taken by Finland and South Korea.

The rankings combine international test results and data such as graduation rates between 2006 and 2010.

Sir Michael Barber, Pearson's chief education adviser, says successful countries give teachers a high status and have a "culture" of education.

International comparisons in education have become increasingly significant - and this latest league table is based upon a series of global test results combined with measures of education systems, such as how many people go on to university.

This composite picture puts the UK in a stronger position than the influential Pisa tests from the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) - which is also one of the tests included in this ranking.

The weightings for the rankings have been produced for Pearson by the Economist Intelligence Unit.

Global competition
The two education superpowers - Finland and South Korea - are followed by three other high-performing Asian education systems - Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore.

Continue reading the main story
EDUCATION TOP 20

Finland
South Korea
Hong Kong
Japan
Singapore
UK
Netherlands
New Zealand
Switzerland
Canada
Ireland
Denmark
Australia
Poland
Germany
Belgium
USA
Hungary
Slovakia
Russia

The UK - which is considered as a single system, rather than four devolved administrations - is then ranked at the head of an above-average group including the Netherlands, New Zealand, Canada and Ireland.

These are ahead of a middle-ranking group including the United States, Germany and France.

At the lowest end are Mexico, Brazil and Indonesia.

These comparisons draw upon tests that are taken every three or four years, in areas such as maths, science and literacy - and so present a picture lagging by several years.

But the intention is to provide a more multi-dimensional view of educational achievement - and create a databank which will be updated, in a project that Pearson is calling the Learning Curve.

Looking at education systems that succeed, the study concludes that spending is important, but not as much as having a culture that is supportive of learning.

It says that spending is easier to measure, but the more complex impact of a society's attitude to education can make a big difference.

The success of Asian countries in these rankings reflects the high value attached to education and the expectations of parents. This can continue to be a factor when families migrate to other countries, says the report accompanying the rankings.

Looking at the two top countries - Finland and South Korea - the report says that there are many big differences, but the common factor is a shared social belief in the importance of education and its "underlying moral purpose".

Teacher quality
The report also emphasises the importance of high-quality teachers and the need to find ways to recruit the best staff. This might be about status and professional respect as well as levels of pay.

The rankings show that there is no clear link between higher relative pay and higher performance.

And there are direct economic consequences of high and low performing education systems, the study says, particularly in a globalised, skill-based economy.

But there are less straightforward and conflicting messages about how schools are organised.

The ranking for levels of school choice shows that Finland and South Korea have among the lowest levels of school choice. But Singapore, another high performer, has the highest level. The UK is among the upper levels in terms of school choice.

'Significant' data
Higher levels of school autonomy are a characteristic of many higher performing systems - headed by China, the Netherlands, the UK and Hong Kong (which is considered as a separate school system in such education rankings).

But Finland, the most successful system, has a relatively low level of school autonomy.

Sir Michael Barber, a former adviser to Tony Blair, said that the gathering of this information was the "start of something significant" - providing a practical resource for policy makers wanting to learn from other countries.

In terms of the UK's performance, he said it fitted into the view that education standards had risen at the end of the 1990s and into the early 2000s and had then levelled off.

Labour's education spokesman Stephen Twigg said the findings reflected the achievements of the previous government.

"This report shows that after 13 years of investment and reform with Labour, schools in the UK are amongst the best in the world."

And he said the findings did not provide evidence for the current government's support for free schools.

"This shows there is much more to school performance than structures," said Mr Twigg.

A Department for Education spokeswoman said: "We are driving up standards right across the board by bringing the best graduates into teaching, developing a world-class curriculum, and restoring order to our classrooms.

"We are driving forward the academies and free schools programmes with more than half of secondary schools now enjoying academy status.

"We have introduced the EBacc so more pupils are encouraged to study the core academic subjects that universities and employers demand and we will be introducing a new, far more rigorous examination system."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20498356

Funny enough, education is free and it was currently ranked as the best in the world. I wish you all prospective applicants success and welcome you all to a society with the best educational system in the world

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.