Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? (17822 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by ballabriggs: 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I will love Romney to win Obama in the election. Obama hasnt visited Nigeria or done anything to warrant my support for him anymore. Blackman or no Blackman.

Rate this brain
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by kessyur: 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
What criteria do u judge who the winner is? On a general note Rooney takes the lead for now.
........www.allinksandtoners.com.ng
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by PBundles(m): 3:20pm On Oct 04, 2012
Siga: I dont know why Obama didnt use all those 47% comments by Romney, BAIN Capital and his tax returns to attack his a$$....omo...I feel Obama and his peeps are planning something

Because in a presidential debate you try and focus on issues and not charecter destroying. It makes you look like you cant argue the issues. Now they may use it in a TV ad, but in a debate, not likely unless of course your opponnnet goes there.

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by PBundles(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
kessyur: What criteria do u judge who the winner is? On a general note Rooney takes the lead for now.

Didnt know the Man U striker was going for the highest office in the States grin

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
shymexx:

I was just alluding to the fact that Obama can't really do impromtu speeches/debates, where you've to talk without having to consult 'other people' or 'advisers'... That was my point...
or teleprompters
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by PBundles(m): 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I will love Romney to win Obama in the election. Obama hasnt visited Nigeria or done anything to warrant my support for him anymore. Blackman or no Blackman. Its permanent interests for me, am not interested in race, culture or sentiments. Am all for interest.

NEWSFLASH if Romney wins, dont think he will be in 9ja.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
It seems the hype about 'my president is black' a la Obama is dead lol... I was caught up in the hype as well, bought 'Dreams of my Father' and 'Audacity of Hope' - thinking it was a 'new dawn' in world politics.... And the most powerful country(dollar power) in the world, with a 'black face and black head' and the now infamous 'change' and 'reset button' - would usher in a new dawn in international relations and help humanity thrive again... However, Obama has shown he's Bush 2.0 - with 'humanitarian intervention' as his tool to destabilise sovereign nations... It's just sad!!
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
^^^ How was he not rude when he chose not to follow debating rules? If Obama was allowed to cut in as much as Romney did, I'm sure that his ratings wouldnt be THAT low.

Romney was butting in with the little chance he got (even if his points were precise and lethal).

If we are to judge on who followed debating rules, Obama too failed in that at some instances. I don't think this is about who cut in on who the most, the end result in a debate is to convince your audience and Romney did that.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
PBundles:

NEWSFLASH if Romney wins, dont think he will be in 9ja.
He doesn't have to come to Nigeria, but Obama's action or inaction and lack of love, interest and support for Nigeria is a betrayal to me personally. I really want to see him lose, I really can not forgive him for not showing love to the Most Populous Black Nation. Its a personal insult to me if you ask.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by dammytosh: 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
Romney Won.

Obama was clearly on the defensive line and looked very tired. I am sure he will change strategy during the next debate.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I will love Romney to win Obama in the election. Obama hasnt visited Nigeria or done anything to warrant my support for him anymore. Blackman or no Blackman. Its permanent interests for me, am not interested in race, culture or sentiments. Am all for interest.

Why should he visit Nigeria?? What has Nigeria got to offer?

He hasn't even visited Kenya(his country), yet you want him to visit Nigeria, no??

Nigerians and their arrogance smh... Nigeria is a 5th rate country, without absolutely no say in international politics... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by ballabriggs: 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
To move the West from the recession, the cost of labour must be critically reviewed. Fact is, the West cannot simply compete with the East Asians with very stringent employment terms and laws

Has Obama got the balls? Has Romney got the balls?

They seem scared of telling the people the truth.

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
ballabriggs:

Rate this brain
Its been rated. I used to think outside the Box, that was advancement from norms, now, I think there is no box. I have gone nuclear.

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I will love Romney to win Obama in the election. Obama hasnt visited Nigeria or done anything to warrant
So you think it's Romney who will do something to please you? see how you guy are getting it all wrong.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by KayDee4: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: He doesn't have to come to Nigeria, but Obama's action or inaction and lack of love, interest and support for Nigeria is a betrayal to me personally. I really want to see him lose, I really can not forgive him for not showing love to the Most Populous Black Nation. Its a personal insult to me if you ask.

What is he coming to do in Nigeria abi Nigeria no get president again? How many times has he been to Kenya ?
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by soloqy: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
shymexx:

I was just alluding to the fact that Obama can't really do impromtu speeches/debates, where you've to talk without having to consult 'other people' or 'advisers'... That was my point...

Or Teleprompters like you earlier said.

I agree with you. The last four years have shown that its not all about speeches and beautifuly constructed words. He should deal with the real issues.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
shymexx:

He hasn't even visited Kenya(his country), yet you want him to visit Nigeria, no??

Nigerians and their arrogance smh... Nigeria is a 5th rate country, without absolutely no say in international politics... undecided
10Likes.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
shymexx:

Nigerians and their arrongance smh... Nigeria is a 5th rate country, without absolutely no say in international politics... undecided
I am not interested in Nigeria's rating, I am interested in the fact that we all sentimentally backed and prayed a Blackman should take seat in a WhiteHouse and our prayers worked. And we got excited. What did Obama do ? He hasnt visited Kenya, his root. He hasnt visited Nigeria, the ocean of the blackrace. For me, its a personal wish that he does not win. If he wins, I will wish him well.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
Freiburger:
So you think it's Romney who will do something to please you? see how you guy are getting it all wrong.
I expect nothing from a whiteman, I expected a little recognition from a blackman President, if nothing, just positive assertions, and not every minute. 'USA is issuing travel warnings to Americans Living in Nigeria', and am like, wtf!

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by soloqy: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
^^^ How was he not rude when he chose not to follow debating rules? If Obama was allowed to cut in as much as Romney did, I'm sure that his ratings wouldnt be THAT low.

Romney was butting in with the little chance he got (even if his points were precise and lethal).

If we are talking about rules, Obama constantly exceeded the time allocated to each person on each topic. The moderator couldnt stop him. But Romney was always spot on time.

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by joanana(f): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
obama won!
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:

What is he coming to do in Nigeria abi Nigeria no get president again? How many times has he been to Kenya ?
The fact that he has not even visited Kenya makes me think the guy has lost touch with history, culture and reality. I hope he loses, but if he wins, I will give a bottle of champagne to my dogs.

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

did you just say'follow debating rules'?Did you know OBAMA spoke with an excess time of 4 minutes?
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by KayDee4: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
kessyur: What criteria do u judge who the winner is? On a general note Rooney takes the lead for now.
PBundles:
Didnt know the Man U striker was going for the highest office in the States grin

funny !!! grin grin
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by livethinme: 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: He doesn't have to come to Nigeria, but Obama's action or inaction and lack of love, interest and support for Nigeria is a betrayal to me personally. I really want to see him lose, I really can not forgive him for not showing love to the Most Populous Black Nation. Its a personal insult to me if you ask.

Betrayal?..Why a a betrayal?
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
soloqy:

I agree with you. The last four years have shown that its not all about speeches and beautifuly constructed words. He should deal with the real issues.
But Mr Romney isn't doing the opposite either, when accused by the President of proposing a $5trillion tax cut for the rich, he emphasised he wasn't going to raised taxes on the middle class nor do it through adding to the deficit, so where will the money be coming from?
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by blacksta(m): 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
ballabriggs:

Rate this brain

very very low
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
blacksta:

very very low
lol grin
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
soloqy:

Perhaps, he's just a 'figure head', and he doesn't really have much input in the running of the affairs of the country.... Hiliary Clinton, Susan Rice, and Samantha Power are the defacto foreign policy 'president' - and Peter S. Goodman, Timothy Geitner et al control his economic policies...

Obama smh... grin
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
livethinme:

Betrayal?..Why a a betrayal?
Betrayal, Yes, Betrayal of my trust, hope and sensitivity. Obama doesnt care about Africa, the Black race and my COuntry. He doesnt simply care. Bush did a lot for Africa, and what did Obama do ? The answer is 'Nothing'.

2 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by KayDee4: 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: The fact that he has not even visited Kenya makes me think the guy has lost touch with history, culture and reality. I hope he loses, but if he wins, I will give a bottle of champagne to my dogs.
He hasn't lost touch, the office of the POTUS is a very busy one and it gets even busier when you sleep and dream of the economy and crisis in the middle east.
You can start icing the champagne now cos Obama is winning for sure.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2012
shymexx: It seems the hype about 'my president is black' a la Obama is dead lol... I was caught up in the hype as well, bought 'Dreams of my Father' and 'Audacity of Hope' - thinking it was a 'new dawn' in world politics.... And the most powerful country(dollar power) in the world, with a 'black face and black head' and the now infamous 'change' and 'reset button' - would usher in a new dawn in international relations and help humanity thrive again... However, Obama has shown he's Bush 2.0 - with 'humanitarian intervention' as his tool to destabilise sovereign nations... It's just sad!!
unfortunately the man believed his own hype,next time try not to be easily influenced, always stand back and analyse everything especially anything the press pushes down your throat,and ask questions like what makes this man so special, i asked my self that,there was nothing,no experience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist / BA Plane U-turns From Tel Aviv After Flights Are Suspended / "Dying By The Dozens Every Day" - Ukraine Losses Climb - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.