Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,120 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? (17819 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by greaterlove(m): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
Did romney really win this round?, he did most of the talking but no specifics. my guess is most of the things he spoke about in this debate will still be used against him, and the romney we know will still make a blunder before the next debate. Obama kept his cool, never mentioning the 47%, the bain capital, romney stand on women health, paul ryan's budget etc, obama never mentioned any of romney's flip flops and was not interested in playing to the gallery. you dont win the war by just winning a battle, the race is still on. for those who think obama cant perform without a teleprompter, its like you guys have not seen him speak before he became president, and on the question of what has he done for blacks? he has done more than any president by showing all blacks that they can rise to whatever level they aspire to get to, and his message to african leaders has always been rise up and lead your people.

3 Likes

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by amosy007: 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2012
Rossikk: What do they mean by who ''won'' the debate? It's not clear cut what exactly the criteria is for ''winning'' is. Is it the person that speaks the fastest, or is the rudest person on stage or the one that tells lies the best?

Both men made their points and showed their differences. One was more aggressive and loud than the other. If that means he ''won'', then the entire essence of the debate is defeated.

i always look forward to read ur post... they always make sense ...keep it up MAN
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by SisiKill1: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
ehie: KOOL-AID

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2012
Kslib:
You dull pass ice-fish... I said 'if',or did you miss it.. Why didn't you use your so-called computer brain to understand my post?..
As if i 've got your time. undecided undecided undecided
ignored.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by gbadexy(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: I will love Romney to win Obama in the election. Obama hasnt visited Nigeria or done anything to warrant my support for him anymore. Blackman or no Blackman. Its permanent interests for me, am not interested in race, culture or sentiments. Am all for interest.
So true.
Bush's policy on africa was better than obamma's own.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nuzo1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
ballabriggs: To move the West from the recession, the cost of labour must be critically reviewed. Fact is, the West cannot simply compete with the East Asians with very stringent employment terms and laws

Has Obama got the balls? Has Romney got the balls?

They seem scared of telling the people the truth.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by jude33084(m): 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
No wonder BH always face us whenerver America offends them undecided

We are too Americalise in Nigeria lol cheesy
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by awesomet1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
Romney sadly.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by tlops(m): 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
Romney had the night.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
everyone knows Obama is a dum-dum without his best friend Mr. teleprompter!
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Rossikk(m): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
amosy007:

i always look forward to read ur post... they always make sense ...keep it up MAN

Thanks. cool
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by searay(m): 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2012
See Nigerians making noise here. What do Nigerians know about debate?
Can Nigerians denate without insult?
I overheard Tinibu calling Mimiko "an ingrate".
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by ektbear: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
ballabriggs:

Rate this brain

How can we rate the brain of a brainless fellow like Billyonaire
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Freiburger(m): 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
searay: See Nigerians making noise here. What do Nigerians know about debate?
Stop dissing people you dont know and never met. Not every Nigerian is silly like yourself and Tinubu.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Werehkpe: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
Romney gave Obama KO jare. Sad BUT true.
THE REASON: As a president u have less time to prepare compared to someone who is a governor.

How do you think GEJ will do against Romney?

I am sure GEJ will have to be on stage with David Mark, Sanusi, Ngozi, Aganga, Patience, Oteh and Deizini so they can answer the questions . GEJ will just b directing the questions to them

LOL
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2012

1 Like

Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by onlineadejoh(m): 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2012
Romney sounded more convincing than Obama. cool

Lest I forget. Obama = Original Black African Managing America. grin
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Kslib(m): 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
Freiburger:
As if i 've got your time. undecided undecided undecided
ignored.
Then why did you quote me ? You think i'm one of those you attack with nonsense... Ignored x4
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by PBundles(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
Billyonaire: He doesn't have to come to Nigeria, but Obama's action or inaction and lack of love, interest and support for Nigeria is a betrayal to me personally. I really want to see him lose, I really can not forgive him for not showing love to the Most Populous Black Nation. Its a personal insult to me if you ask.

I get where you are coming from if Im not mistaken he had initially planned to, but we couldnt get our Boko Haram thing under wraps and he them went to Ghana. I remember Hillary came and said something of that sorts.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by danjohn: 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
Mitt Romney won the debate. It wasn't even close.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
None of them won it!

Mitt Romney had an outstanding diction with zero essence in his words. He was very superficial and pretty good at twerking subjects.
Obama? lol why did Michelle didn't let him rest before to come grin, he sounded wasted, but at least he made sense in most of what he was saying.

So Mitt vs ObamaCare 0-0

In fact Lehrer won the debate hands down grin @ least he didn't ask senseless questions tongue
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Okopo07: 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
greaterlove: Did romney really win this round?, he did most of the talking but no specifics. my guess is most of the things he spoke about in this debate will still be used against him, and the romney we know will still make a blunder before the next debate. Obama kept his cool, never mentioning the 47%, the bain capital, romney stand on women health, paul ryan's budget etc, obama never mentioned any of romney's flip flops and was not interested in playing to the gallery. you dont win the war by just winning a battle, the race is still on. for those who think obama cant perform without a teleprompter, its like you guys have not seen him speak before he became president, and on the question of what has he done for blacks? he has done more than any president by showing all blacks that they can rise to whatever level they aspire to get to, and his message to african leaders has always been rise up and lead your people.

Obama had a full 4 minutes talk time more than Romney
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by xtraodinaire: 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
greaterlove: Did romney really win this round?, he did most of the talking but no specifics. my guess is most of the things he spoke about in this debate will still be used against him, and the romney we know will still make a blunder before the next debate. Obama kept his cool, never mentioning the 47%, the bain capital, romney stand on women health, paul ryan's budget etc, obama never mentioned any of romney's flip flops and was not interested in playing to the gallery. you dont win the war by just winning a battle, the race is still on. for those who think obama cant perform without a teleprompter, its like you guys have not seen him speak before he became president, and on the question of what has he done for blacks? he has done more than any president by showing all blacks that they can rise to whatever level they aspire to get to, and his message to african leaders has always been rise up and lead your people.

No offence to other posters but I think greaterlove really hit the nail on the head.
It's never easy to go into a debate being the incumbent and attack your opponent when the economy is pretty bad. The Obama administration took on a terrible recession which was brought about by the same republicans. But Obama never blamed the past administration and that shows you he means business and he isn't promising an easy way out unlike Romney.. Romney is a typical 'devil' who promises you the best of the best but will never tell you what you have to sacrifice until you sign your life over then you start seeing him in 3D.
Romney will say anything to win, imagine him talkin about coal when the world is going green and worrying about global warming.
And as for the guy that said he's mad cos Obama didn't visit Nigeria.visit you for what o, when he has bigger fishes to fly. And you think Romney wouldn't have labelled Nigeria a terrorist nation when the case of the underwear bomber ( mutallab) happened?? Please stop being sentimental and if you can't discuss facts ( economy, governance, healthcare, jobs, foreign policy and more ) then wait till 2015 I'm sure u''ll put your sentimental abilities into good use then.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
searay: See Nigerians making noise here. What do Nigerians know about debate?
lol
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
xtraodinaire:

No offence to other posters but I think greaterlove really hit the nail on the head.
It's never easy to go into a debate being the incumbent and attack your opponent when the economy is pretty bad. The Obama administration took on a terrible recession which was brought about by the same republicans. But Obama never blamed the past administration and that shows you he means business and he isn't promising an easy way out unlike Romney.. Romney is a typical 'devil' who promises you the best of the best but will never tell you what you have to sacrifice until you sign your life over then you start seeing him in 3D.
Romney will say anything to win, imagine him talkin about coal when the world is going green and worrying about global warming.
And as for the guy that said he's mad cos Obama didn't visit Nigeria.visit you for what o, when he has bigger fishes to fly. And you think Romney wouldn't have labelled Nigeria a terrorist nation when the case of the underwear bomber ( mutallab) happened?? Please stop being sentimental and if you can't discuss facts ( economy, governance, healthcare, jobs, foreign policy and more ) then wait till 2015 I'm sure u''ll put your sentimental abilities into good use then.
are u a forty seven percenter??a welfare addict?then u must hate mitt
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by lexie234(m): 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
I dnt give a damn, on wot appens in American politics, e no go benefit me in anyway.buh 4 wot is worth OBAMA shuld win it, avin d closest tin 2 me "race" if nt take tis off front page.let's 2lk about our broke INEC
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Surestboyxxx: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
CyberG: For those who are just hearing about Romney's positions today, UNDERSTAND that he just changed those positions to appear as "moderate". This guy NEVER had these positions to come through his party primaries while debating among his conservative co-aspirants and appealing to their republican "base". However, he has SHIFTED so much and close to Obama's position on many issues, even the analysts and citizens noticed that and commented after the debate. BOTTOMLINE: Romney will say and do anything NOW to get elected! So rightly, Obama asked: Are these plans you talk about SO GOOD that you are unable to tell Americans what EXACTLY they are? Hope none of you is fooled by the flip-flopping, 47% dissing Romney. The comments he made in private are a VERY accurate portrayal of his real thought towards the people since he thought the public would NEVER see or hear it. Today, he knows people are listening and had to say anything to deceive you.

POINT....You got it all....The guy is a liar
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Surestboyxxx: 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
farydah: Sadly, Romney
If na Naija, i for don dey suspect Romney of juju...lolzzz
As in, Obama seemed too outta character

Obama got plan, he has other points to attach Romney but he want him to say out everything first and defend his self for the next debate coming up on 16th...Why hiding to all american on the plan you set for them? thats the question, please watch CNN , people are really challenging him now. I dey yankee and i know wassup
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by NosaHenry(m): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2012
means: It beats my imagination that all the foreign media are saying Mitt won the debate. Naturally, as the person who wants to unseat the incumbent, Romney was expected to attack the Obama policies which he did. Did you guys expect the seating president to attack Romney? No. He needed to defend his policies and calmly pointed out how he will continue with those policies. The poll on who won the debate hasn't changed the polls rating in the swing states that will decided this election. The Democrats are not panicking. People would have been disappointed if the President had gone on the offensive. Romney hasn't even explained the specifics on how he intends to create the 12million jobs yet. Just my take anyway.
You are absolutely right my dear. When people talking of winning, you don't expect a sitting president to go all out on offensive, that would have ruined it for Obama especially on first debate. Mitt is a drowning man and he needs to fight back. The debate went well for Obama.
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by zaboy: 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
well, those comparing Obama to Malcolm X can stop now...you can't beat brother Malcolm in a debate!
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by Remzolution: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
afam4eva:
How does this correlate with the debate? Are you implying that only leaders know how to debate?
dnt mind him. I wonder wat his definitn of a 'leader' is. Obama did wat he prepaid 4, he knew Mitt was gona com down on him wif al d subtlety of a cement truck...did u guys xpect Obama 2 atak n get agresive? Nah! Or i guez y u fink Mitt came out smokng as a result of ur distortd reasning dat 1 who talks faster n agresivly 4rm d ofensiv divide is a better leader n a worthy candidate...!
Re: Romney And Obama: Who Won The First Debate? by searay(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
Freiburger:
Stop dissing people you dont know and never met. Not every Nigerian is silly like yourself and Tinubu.
i'm not surprise, it is in your blood, u hardly air your view without insult.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’ll Roll Out New Travel Ban Next Week, Says Trump / Judge Orders Trump To Take Back Fired Journalist / BA Plane U-turns From Tel Aviv After Flights Are Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.