Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

What Does Bible Say About Christian Polygamist - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does Bible Say About Christian Polygamist (903 Views)

Is This True About Christian Bachelors???... / Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Are You A Polygamist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Bible Say About Christian Polygamist by henry4uall(m): 11:09am On Jan 18, 2008
My father was a christian, born-again, but he was a polygamist before he died. He became polygamous after been a christian. And am a product of that polygamous act. (I mean the 2nd wife is my mother). I need some clarifcation here; Is my father a sinner by this act?; What's the scripture saying concerning this?; What's God's Saying on this issue?;
Re: What Does Bible Say About Christian Polygamist by Joey82(m): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2008
The bible frowns at polygamy.
Think this should go to d religion section, u'll get better answers with Bible quotations to support.
Re: What Does Bible Say About Christian Polygamist by pin4eva(f): 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2008
i don't think seun has seen this. It should be moved to religious section
Re: What Does Bible Say About Christian Polygamist by adeboo(f): 9:31pm On Jan 23, 2008
I dont no much about all that but from ma understnding- thats just adultery.

There is grace and mercy available to u from God but all i know is that thats just adultery o.
Re: What Does Bible Say About Christian Polygamist by pin4eva(f): 9:40pm On Jan 23, 2008
adeboo:

I don't no much about all that but from ma understnding- thats just adultery.

There is grace and mercy available to u from God but all i know is that thats just adultery o.

now what is your advice to him? should he hate his mother for committing adultery with his dad?
Re: What Does Bible Say About Christian Polygamist by tpia: 9:50pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ topic:

people can't change the circumstances of their birth, or choose the family to be born into, so I'd say let bygones be bygones and don't let the past hold you back.

What's important is a person's own life: what he/she wants to make of it.
Re: What Does Bible Say About Christian Polygamist by cecegorz(m): 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2008
@Poster
Nice question u asked.
Let the Bible speak for itself, Your father received the free gift of eternel life by giving his life to Christ, that one is settled because salvation is not by works!

The Bible says in the book of Timothy; if any man desire the office of a Bishop, he must be a husband of one wife. that means it is a qualification for leaders in the church, and also that polygamists should be content at being ordinary members of the body of Christ without any leadership role.
So, no cause for alarm, bro. The lord has got your DAD's back covered!
Most men of FAITH from Hebrew 11 are all polygamists; from father Abraham downwards. it's just that it's better to have 1 so u concentrate your love on her.
Most pple will tell u ur dad won't make heaven bc they don't study their Bibles deep enough. Read those Timothy chapters urself and the TRUTH therein will set u free from anxiety.
I hope u too has given ur life to Christ. It's the sweetest thing to do, and then ENJOY!

(1) (Reply)

Val Palava My Three Toaster Want Me To Take Them Out On Val Day / What Do I Do? / Please Help Oooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.