Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? (4768 Views)

Beauty Or Brains? Which Would You Guys Go For First? Honestly O / How To Detect If Beauty OR Endowments Is ALL She's Got. / What Kick Start A Relationship - Beauty Or Good Traits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by fynejess: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
Beauty is an attribute most people want to be associated with especially when it has to do with that person you intend to spend the rest of your life with. But lately, some men have shoved it behind, going instead for brains in the pursuit for a spouse.

Having heard from a number of men, their stance on the subject differs. While some men do not want beautiful women for wives for reasons such as; other men chasing her, the wife feeling arrogant because of her beauty and a lot more; some others would not mind getting a beauty with brains. Another set of men feel all they need is brains since they need an intelligent woman to plan a life with.

A married man had once seen a beautiful girl and said “If I wasn’t married, I would marry you for your beauty irrespective of your character or anything else”.
While a lot of men dated beautiful and in some cases not very smart women during the very youthful stage of their lives, study reveals that not all of such end up with women in that category. In fact, most men would rather have beauty and brains but only on rare occasions will you see that one that wants a beautiful-brainless wifey. Majority of the men I’ve spoken to ask if I want them to marry a dummy with fine face.

It’s funny though that these set of men adamantly refuse to marry what they term ‘ugly’ women just because she has more brains than Bill Gates but agree that they can settle for not-so-cute but with brains.

So, women would you marry a man who doesn’t necessarily see you as attractive and beautiful but gives your intellect a thumbs-up?

Men, which do you prefer; beauty or brains? Or both?

Comment here please [http://jess2-chinwe..com/2012/10/men-beauty-or-brains-for-wife.html]
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Mynd44: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
Brains any day
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Beync(f): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
good looking with brains,no ugly man.
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Mynd44: 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
Beync: good looking with brains,no ugly man.
What if you could choose only one?
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Beync(f): 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
What if you could choose only one?
i can't do without the two, no opportunity cost for this one
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Mynd44: 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
Beync: i can't do without the two, no opportunity cost for this one
You go tey
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by MrsChima1(f): 3:10pm On Oct 05, 2012
Most men will take beauty over brains. Look at the threads on Nairaland....many dumb asses crying and complaining about the beauties they have chosen. How can one expect to live a happy life with a dumb biatch?
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by kokoye(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
Dont make me choose.

I want both.
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Lawconfessor(f): 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
Beync: i can't do without the two, no opportunity cost for this one

hahahahahahaha. Bt dear, in cases lyk marriage opportunity cost calls at d rate of 99.9% ooooooo.

U re so right @mrs Chima
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Mynd44: 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
Most men will take beauty over brains. Look at the threads on Nairaland....many dumb asses crying and complaining about the beauties they have chosen. How can one expect to live a happy life with a dumb biatch?
Do you actually expect a dumb guy to ask for a smart girl? The guys are dumb and so, misery loves company
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Beync(f): 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
You go tey
na you go tey.
i tell you say i dey search?
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Mynd44: 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2012
Beync: na you go tey.
i tell you say i dey search?
You dey search talk true
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Beync(f): 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
You dey search talk true
u wish
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Mynd44: 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
Beync:
u wish
That's the truth
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Beync(f): 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
That's the truth
keep wishing
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by boron10(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
I'll go for both o, haba, i do not need a lady who is too intelligent neither do i need one who is too beautiful cos they both have their 'shadow objectives'. I'll rather go for a babe who is of average intelligence and beauty. Say a babe with IQ of 125. Yeah, i don't need a genius
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by LongOne1(m): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
Is having a bit of both too much to ask for?
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2012
for me, beauty any day. This should be on the debate
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by omega25red(m): 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
beauty. I have enough brains for the two of us

1 Like

Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by onila(f): 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
omega25red: beauty. I have enough brains for the two of us

lol grin

Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
beauty needs to go with brain to make it perfect..so i choose both of them
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Mynd44: 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2012
Beync: keep wishing
Keep lying
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2012
The Op wants u pick one btw beauty and brains. Pick one and stop acting like illiterates. Everyone wants both the question is which one is ur priority. If u can't pick then don't comment. By the way I go for brains anyday. I can't be hanging around with a dumb b.iat.ch.
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by lgboks(m): 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
definitely brainz.....afta all itz ma lyf hapines nd sucex plus dat of ma kidz dat am afta o......wetin fyn face go give me na?
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
+100
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by MrsChima1(f): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2012
kokoye: Dont make me choose.

I want both.

You wish. tongue
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by claremont(m): 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
I find intelligence very sexy.
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by jice(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2012
brain. Brain cultivates beauty
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by UjSizzle(f): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
How about both in varying proportion. I have future generations to protect abeg..
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Beync(f): 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mynd_44:
Keep lying
do u know what it takes from me to lie? I beg it doesn't worth it.
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Iolo(m): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
boron10: I'll go for both o, haba, i do not need a lady who is too intelligent neither do i need one who is too beautiful cos they both have their 'shadow objectives'. I'll rather go for a babe who is of average intelligence and beauty. Say a babe with IQ of 125. Yeah, i don't need a genius

A chick wiv a 125IQ is a near genius in Naija setting.
Re: Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? by Iolo(m): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2012
Brains make beta wives. You don't want a wife that can't contribute intellectually to plans for the kids, family etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Pamper My Girlfriend? / Total Madness$ [pix] / What Are You Having For Breakfast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.