Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,993 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? (28832 Views)

Why Are People Dancing Azonto And Makossa In Church? / AZONTO Is A Dancing Style From HELL / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 06, 2012
I have made up my mind never to attend some churches again...

These are churches I so much admire but I found out lately that worldliness is now the order of the day..
Tears almost dropped from my eyes seeing Christians (youths especially) using these dance steps right in front of G.O ..

The other day, I was in a Church where the keyboardist played a D'banj beat - Oliver twist . .and the whole scene look just like a remix..

..is there something am missing? cos some people believe it is good to do these things in THE CHURCH OF GOD.."atleast we are glorifying God" "it is better to do these things so our youths don't end up in clubs"..
ok then, can we also smoke/drink in church?? atleast we wouldn't be going out there in the midst of sinners.. since the Bible says we shouldn't mingle with unbelievers.

Please I will appreciate cogent answers and arguments..

10 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2012
Hmm.....you need to open up your own ministry.....your complain don too much.

Anyways, expect anything, anywhere, in this time and age.....still on that, dont be carried away by all the things you see...strive to make heaven, my dear...thats the most important issue....cus after all these complain, you no make heaven, (me and you go get quarell o) na im bad pass....lol...smiley

22 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2012
Lol...

Thanks for this^^
I just love it when people do things in the right way. ."If you want to serve God, obey the rules"

8 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:37am On Oct 06, 2012
Do churches now have their dance steps..besides what's wrong in these dance pattern you mentioned since they don't do it naked

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2012
ULSHERLAN: Do churches now have their dance steps..besides what's wrong in these dance pattern you mentioned since they don't do it naked

you don't see anything wrong with BORN AGAIN Christians using the dance steps invented by smokers, heavy drinkers and club hawkers in the HOUSE of GOD ??

4 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by ITbomb(m): 10:13am On Oct 06, 2012
That is why I hate praise sessions in church .
I would prefer a church where we do worship sessions only.

7 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by ajufinz(m): 10:28am On Oct 06, 2012
This is a very sensitive matter...
I do not have any logical argument against or for these dance steps in church. However, moderation is my watch word... Most young peeps just manna do wat pleases their 'flesh' and do it IJN.
Our carelessness has subtly opened the church to the worst kind of pervertions ever....
I mean from the pullpit to the piossssssss

4 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 06, 2012
ITbomb: That is why I hate praise sessions in church .
I think I'll adopt this method. But most times I don't have the priviledge to dance, clap or even sing.. I beat drum sets..

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by ijawkid(m): 10:33am On Oct 06, 2012
Lol......
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by mumumugu(m): 10:35am On Oct 06, 2012
I get question øoo

na wich one b wordly dance
wetin de determin wordly dance
na d beat, or d song, or d persn we start d dance
wu tel una sey azonto na anti-christian dance
na which one com be church dance
so al azonto dancer na helfire candidate

if u fit dance azonto for hause,why u no fit dance am for church?GOD IS EVERYWERE

HYPROCRITE

11 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 06, 2012
ajufinz: Most young peeps just wanna do wat pleases their 'flesh' and do it IJN.
I hope you won't accuse me of plagiarism if I add this to my signature..
..best quote for me this weekend

6 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 06, 2012
@mumumugu,

It is a bad thing to bring such into the house of God. God is not everywhere for your information..God is in a place: "where 2 or more people gather IN HIS NAME.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 10:40am On Oct 06, 2012

I prefer worship sessions also, i remember when adeboye came to our skul 4 our 50th anniversary, the praise session was almost like a club house, those guys dancing by my side where so caught up in the dance that when preaching began, they slept off.

I think church should be a solemn place of worship, we are to worship God in spirit and in truth but the opposite is the case in some churches.

It amazes me how people leave some churches after praise session, they go to church mainly to dance alanta, what pains me most is that even the pastors dont see anything wrong in that, all they want is more and more members, they are scared to condemn lustful acts in church becos they dont want to lose members.

I pray all this stop in the church of God because sincerly it will reach a time when some true christians will see no reason why they should go to their churches cos it enhances lustful desires.

9 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by tpia5: 10:49am On Oct 06, 2012
what is azonto and kukere?

is it the dancing performed in that video which made the rounds last year.

where the guy was somersaulting.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by denzel2009: 10:52am On Oct 06, 2012
Na today pastors don dey chop your dollar? Once the G.O is not dancing ledi with choir mistress nothing spoil.
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Image123(m): 10:54am On Oct 06, 2012
1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jo 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jo 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.

UNBELIEVABLE!?.

23 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2012
mumumugu: I get question øoo

na wich one b wordly dance
wetin de determin wordly dance
na d beat, or d song, or d persn we start d dance
wu tel una sey azonto na anti-christian dance
na which one com be church dance
so al azonto dancer na helfire candidate

if u fit dance azonto for hause,why u no fit dance am for church?GOD IS EVERYWERE

HYPROCRITE

Actually its the lyrics of a song that 'mainly' determines whether its wordly or not, but you can even sing a gospel song in a wordly way, you might have heard of a so called musician called saint janet.

Wordly dance to me would be a dance fueled by the desire to please the flesh and thats what is behind dances like azonto, alanta..etc and bringing such dances to the church will bring about the lustful memory of that dance while in church, so its not right.

Gone are the days when people danced to praise God indeed but now almost 70% of christians dance to please the flesh, bringing worldly dances to church may even provoke true christians to also exercise such dance.

Besides, there are some musics that christians should not listen to, you know the kind of musicians you are not supposed to listen to their songs, by their fruits you will know them, out of the abundance of their heart their mouth sings, as christians sinners should not be our role model, what kind of song does your best musician sing?

If you will not want to sing a song like azonto in church, then there is no need to bring the dance, they are one of a kind.

16 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 06, 2012
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 06, 2012
tpia@:
what is azonto and kukere?

is it the dancing performed in that video which made the rounds last year.

where the guy was somersaulting.

KUKERE DANCE STEPS

m.youtube.com/watch?v=X2AD8FaQclk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DX2AD8FaQclk

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Detonatorrex(m): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2012
I believe dance is dance whether it was invented by worldly people or not.how you dance is not the issue,its your heart that matters most.When David danced,the bible never recorded his dance steps,but we all know that he did it from his heart.so whoever invents a dance step in the secular world doesn't make it unacceptable as long as your heart is in tune with God.but i think the psoblem will b when you dance to show off,entice or impress other people in church.

15 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 06, 2012
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 06, 2012
@Detonator-rex,

Thanks for your response but I beg to disagree..

If a man calls himself a Christian, filled with the Holy Ghost, he would never have such thought in mind..
Dancing with alanta steps and the likes in the Church of God is prior to a corrupt and a contrary mind..it is a thing of the mind.

It reminds me of some other contrary things (dance steps) people do including Pastors in church..:

1. you remember YAHOOZEE? when some raise their hands up and then..down nodding and shaking heads??

2. How about AWILO dance steps ??

But where are these dance steps today in the church?? ??
Hmm. .can't you see some christians are _______ ??

We are followers of the world..... The world (awilo, olu maintain, iyanya etc) dictates to us what steps to be used..and we hungrily bring it to GOD..
what a pity! !!
anyway,
#God is watching

5 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 11:34am On Oct 06, 2012
Detonator-rex:
I believe dance is dance whether it was invented by worldly people or not.how you dance is not the issue,its your heart that matters most.When David danced,the bible never recorded his dance steps,but we all know that he did it from his heart.so whoever invents a dance step in the secular world doesn't make it unacceptable as long as your heart is in tune with God.but i think the psoblem will b when you dance to show off,entice or impress other people in church.

But the bible makes us understand that someone worldly cant bring forth a godly fruit and a worldly fruit like such dance steps can't make your heart in tune with God because you cant be of the world and be of God at the same time, once again a dance fueled by the desire to please the flesh should not be brought to the church, nawa Oº°˚˚°ºh why are we christians talking like this, we are doing everything we can to deny the flesh and pleasure and some of us are still supporting worldly dances in our churches, dont you know it will surely have a negative effect to a christian life.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by ijawkid(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2012
haibe:

I prefer worship sessions also, i remember when adeboye came to our skul 4 our 50th anniversary, the praise session was almost like a club house, those guys dancing by my side where so caught up in the dance that when preaching began, they slept off.

I think church should be a solemn place of worship, we are to worship God in spirit and in truth but the opposite is the case in some churches.

It amazes me how people leave some churches after praise session, they go to church mainly to dance alanta, what pains me most is that even the pastors dont see anything wrong in that, all they want is more and more members, they are scared to condemn lustful acts in church becos they dont want to lose members.

I pray all this stop in the church of God because sincerly it will reach a time when some true christians will see no reason why they should go to their churches cos it enhances lustful desires.

Oboy....

You just made a lot of sense......

I like your comment...
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
acidosis™:

These are churches I so much admire but I found out lately that worldliness is now the order of the day..
Tears almost dropped from my eyes seeing Christians (youths especially) using these dance steps right in front of G.O ..

The other day, I was in a Church where the keyboardist played a D'banj beat - Oliver twist . .and the whole scene look just like a remix..

..is there something am missing? cos some people believe it is good to do these things in THE CHURCH OF GOD.."atleast we are glorifying God" "it is better to do these things so our youths don't end up in clubs"..
ok then, can we also smoke/drink in church?? atleast we wouldn't be going out there in the midst of sinners.. since the Bible says we shouldn't mingle with unbelievers.

Please I will appreciate cogent answers and arguments..

Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.

This is the word of El Shalldie, HellOweHim, The Great Eye Am, The One and Only Jealous God..
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
You are a hypcorite and liar, always looking for something to accuse others of.
You are like the Pharisees and Saducees. If given the power, you'd ban everything you do not like. Live your life and let others be...

Abi u no sabi do the steps...

2 Likes

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by engrtee(f): 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
Dance dont determine wu enta heaven
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
musKeeto:

Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.

This is the word of El Shalldie, HellOweHim, The Great Eye Am, The One and Only Jealous God..

He wasnt judging bro, he rebuked on the basis of the worldliness he noticed in such churches, he was sure of what he had experienced with his eyes.

Check out this post:

https://www.nairaland.com/1066798/judging-vs-rebuking#12448310

1 Like

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by haibe(m): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
engrtee: Dance dont determine wu enta heaven

Do you agree that being worldly does determine??
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
haibe:

He wasnt judging bro, he rebuked on the basis of the worldliness he noticed in such churches, he was sure of what he had experienced with his eyes.

Check out this post:

https://www.nairaland.com/1066798/judging-vs-rebuking#12448310

If this isn't judging,
acidosis™:

Tears almost dropped from my eyes seeing Christians (youths especially) using these dance steps right in front of G.O .. <also a man worshipper, are the dances to GO or Yahweh, lol>

Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
While we're it...
is there also worldly and secular eating?
worldly and secular running?
wordly and secular worship?
Re: Is Dancing ' Azonto & Kukere ' In Church Appropriate ? by maclatunji: 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
LMFSO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics / Apostle Suleman Condemns Comedians That Joke About Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.