Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante (2801 Views)

Vigilante Brutally Murdered In Lagos (Graphic Photo) / Police Nabs Vigilante Members Over Attempted Ritual (pictured) / Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by girlking(f): 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Those Uni port boys were not theives.The faith they suffered in the hands of the vigilante boys was cruel. This is from his sister this morning
"This was from he's sis this morning.Ugonna and his 4wends left ibs rm by abt 7am dey wia carried n accused of stealin. my broda had every tin a student culd want n didn't have cause to steal. Pple watched n took pictures as dey beat n brutally murdered dem. Pple tel M̶̲̥̅Σ I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ dis justice cry cry. Human beings killed my brother and his 4wends n pple watched.  knw dey will nt go free except my God I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ asleep. Pple re carryin info on wat dey don't knw.R.I.P ugonna , lloyd,tk and aladin. God!!! Vengeance I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ urscry cry"
let us show some humanity.Uni port has lost their students, Geology department has also lost.
Let's drop our condolence messages. I would go first.
My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the family and friends of the deceased, I pray God gives them the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
If they were not thieves as the vigilante claimed,y did they accuse dem of stealing laptops,secondly y were they also branded as cultists,my dear,there is no smoke without fire.as far as am concerned,cultists are armed robbers and vice versae,y didnt they accuse other students of theft.@ least i read somewhere that they were two hundred level students who just got initiated into cultism and dat was their induction (to rob) so all dat is just c.o,c'k and bull story
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by girlking(f): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
kulyie: If they were not thieves as the vigilante claimed,y did they accuse dem of stealing laptops,secondly y were they also branded as cultists,my dear,there is no smoke without fire.as far as am concerned,cultists are armed robbers and vice versae,y didnt they accuse other students of theft.@ least i read somewhere that they were two hundred level students who just got initiated into cultism and dat was their induction (to rob) so all dat is just c.o,c'k and bull story
I doubt if they were theives, but let's assume they were. Everyone is entitled to fair hearing by a competent court of law. What those people did is an unlawful killing and amounts to homicide which is a more graver offence when compared with theft. In summary, the jungle justice those boys received was mean, cruel and unlawful and the judges in my opinion committed murder. But let's not argue this page is for condolences

2 Likes

Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
They don't deserve to die in that way but i will not sign or send a condolence for them, i don't think 3 of them are completely innocent. Relatives sometimes claim that their loved ones re innocent the moment they are punished.
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by girlking(f): 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
justwise: They don't deserve to die in that way but i will not sign or send a condolence for them, i don't think 3 of them are completely innocent. Relatives sometimes claim that their loved ones re innocent the moment they are punished.

this is serious o. By sending a condolence it does not mean you feel they were innocent. it is for the bereaved.
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by Nebeuwa(m): 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
We will never know the true story, because these students were murdered in cold blood by those villagers.

Those pictures have made me sick to my stomach. Jungle justice is not real justice. People should be judged by a jury of their peers.

Nigeria needs to strengthen its RULE OF LAW.
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by Kslib(m): 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
What those people did to those boys was very wrong and wicked.. I dont have any condolence message to send.. What difference will my message make? Many people have been innocently killed/raped by cultist in a far more cruel manner and we never get to hear about it,or we hear about it and move on with our life.. For those of us alive,pls always try to avoid any unclean activities cos you never might know when your end will come or what lies ahead.. R.I..P to the dead...
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 07, 2012
Those boys did not deserve to die, definitely not in such a brutal way.

I really feel for their parents, siblings, family and close friends. Such a waste of life, may their souls rest in eternal peace, and my heart goes out to their parents, may God grant them the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable void.

1 Like

Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by Horus(m): 2:17am On Oct 07, 2012
[size=17pt]Help stop the practice of mob lynching in Nigeria[/size]

The Petition

We URGE you to help stop the practice of mob lynching in Nigeria.
Almost daily, persons suspected of petty or serious crimes, including children, are subjected to the worst forms of brutal assault by mobs who take the law into their hands in apprehending, trying and convicting these suspects.
The mob actions often involve stripping the victims until they are stark Unclad, after which they are viciously beaten with sticks and all manner of cudgels until they die. On other occasions, used car tires (tyres) are hung around suspects’ necks and they are doused with gasoline (petrol) before being set ablaze while alive with onlookers standing by.

Thanks to the power of the Internet, information about these extra-judicial trials by angry mobs on the streets of Nigeria is shared on blogs and social media like Twitter and Facebook, revealing that these practices are more common than assumed. This year alone, several of such brutal applications of mob justice has occurred around Nigeria.
With your help we can put an end to these barbaric acts and ensure that legal processes are followed in the matter of arresting and prosecuting perpetrators of these obvious crimes.
We also seek to make sure that the Nigerian Police adheres strictly to the LEGAL processes in dealing with suspected criminals after arrests are made.

We are petitioning the following institutions and officials:

1. The Nigerian National Assembly
2. The Nigerian Inspector-General of Police
3. The Attorney-General of the Federation
4. State House of Assemblies
5. Governors and State Commissioners of Police
6. The Nigerian Presidency

Our Demands:

a. Make it a criminal act to facilitate or participate in any act of mob lynching.
b. The intended enactment must provide incentives for informants who witness and document such acts.
c. Provide budget for public enlightenment on this matter.
d. The Nigerian Police force be more transparent on issues regarding arrested suspects

We encourage you to sign this petition and to join us in compelling the Nigerian authorities to end bestial acts that debase our humanity and project a barbaric image of Nigeria. Help stand for human decency and the rule of law in Nigeria.

Thank You.

Link to the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/help-stop-mob-lynching-in-nigeria/
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 07, 2012
Siena: Those boys did not deserve to die, definitely not in such a brutal way.

I really feel for their parents, siblings, family and close friends. Such a waste of life, may their souls rest in eternal peace, and my heart goes out to their parents, may God grant them the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable void.
gbam!!! nuff said.
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by CrazyMan(m): 9:32am On Oct 07, 2012
May their killers be fished out, and brought to face justice.

I watched the video and believe me, nothing can ever justify what the people of aluu community did to those boys.

Below is the clip.

http:///52KEAUOW
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by girlking(f): 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Siena: Those boys did not deserve to die, definitely not in such a brutal way.

AMEN!
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by girlking(f): 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
Nebeuwa: We will never know the true story, because these students were murdered in cold blood by those villagers.

Those pictures have made me sick to my stomach. Jungle justice is not real justice. People should be judged by a jury of their peers.

Nigeria needs to strengthen its RULE OF LAW.
my brother you are on point, I do not even have the heart to watch the video because only the pictures I saw disgusted м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇
e̶̲̥̅̊
Enough
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by phreakabit(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
This boys are innocent! If you read the story carefully, its clear to see that things don't add up.
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by justwise(m): 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2012
phreakabit: This boys are innocent! If you read the story carefully, its clear to see that things don't add up.

Going by an account of somebody who knew 2 of the dead students they are not innocent

https://www.nairaland.com/1067794/police-begins-manhunt-killers-uniport/7 (Ibime)

I'm not supporting those who carried out the killing its wrong but when people get involved in cultism the end could be messy.
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by phreakabit(m): 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
justwise:

Going by an account of somebody who knew 2 of the dead students they are not innocent

https://www.nairaland.com/1067794/police-begins-manhunt-killers-uniport/7 (Ibime)

I'm not supporting those who carried out the killing its wrong but when people get involved in cultism the end could be messy.

Yes, I always knew it was linked to cultism, I told this to my friend who watched the video with me. But can it be said that the people of that community couldn't read between the lines and see what was happening? Its clearly a set up by a rival gang. Things like this are common with cult members.
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by justwise(m): 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
phreakabit:

Yes, I always knew it was linked to cultism, I told this to my friend who watched the video with me. But can it be said that the people of that community couldn't read between the lines and see what was happening? Its clearly a set up by a rival gang. Things like this are common with cult members.

I don't want to watch people being killed the way these students were killed but when you belong in a cult and go about taking lives then you don't deserve to live yourself.
Re: A Condolense Page For The Uni-port Boys Unfairly Murdered By Vigilante by tpia5: 2:32am On Oct 08, 2012
^ you miss the point, which is killing someone on the basis of suspicion alone, is wrong.

let them be tried in a court of law.

in the end, God alone is the ultimate judge, not any man.

barbarism needs to be stamped out of the hearts and minds of nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Four Lassa Fever Research Team Murdered By Gunmen Few Kilometres From Bauchi / Wifes Hand Cut Off By Husband (graphic Pictures) / (Viewer's Discretion)Watch The Moment American Rapper Xxxtentacion Was Murdered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.