Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? (31678 Views)

How Segun Awolowo Has Ruined The Nigerian Export Promotion Commission. / Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir / Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by atuagbo: 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
Renowned writer Chinua Achebe is not a man that runs away from controversy. In recent memory, his rejection of the national honours bestowed on him by Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan’s administrations became  subject of national debate.

He is in the eyes of the storm, again.

His long awaited war memoirs ‘ There was a Country’ , became public last week and, as expected, Achebe is getting the hits for accusing the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo of genocide in the book.

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Elueme: 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
Moderators close this thread fast.. We have over three already on the same topic
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
Let the thread continues! The old racist bitter English professor who should be working to unite the nation but has found it a worthwhile effort to pull it apart is responsible for whatever happens to Igbo lot.

12 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Why Do Igbos Always Go Looking For Trouble?
Written by Ozodi Osuji Ph.D

Why Do Igbos Always Go Looking For Trouble?

There is something in the psychological makeup of Igbos that makes them always go looking for trouble. In the calmest of circumstances they will always do something that would annoy those around them, create conflict and then live in conflict; they seem to enjoy living in conflicts.

As it were, they seem to have death wish and do things that would make those around them to attack them, and or kill them hence gratify their death wish (thanatos).

Consider their relationship with their neighbors. Invariably they would say or do something that even a child knows would irritate those neighbors and do it as if they do not know that such actions irritate people. Consider Obi Nwankanma’s concocted historiography. The man is apparently writing a history of Igbos (as gleaned from the snippets of it that he posts on the Internet). Invariably, he would make claims to the effect that Igbos stimulated what their neighbors did or he would make Igbos have credit for what other Nigerian tribes did. And he would make these self-serving bogus claims as if they are true. He is, of course, lying but presents his lies as if they are substantiated truths! The man writes history as propaganda!

Taking credit for what other tribes did diminish those tribes self-respect; they feel attacked and angry at him and by generalization at all Igbos. Thus, the man’s private behavior has negative public consequences for most Igbos, for other Nigerians who feel insulted by him (in a country where folks indulge in stereotyping behaviors, by all Igbos) attack any Igbo in sight.

And this misguided man is not the only one doing what he does; many Igbos do it. Consider their unreasoning response to Frederick Lugard and his British cohorts. Britons created what is now called Nigeria in 1914. Igbos who hitherto did not have a nation were for the first time placed under one administrative unit hence given a sense of being one people. But instead of being grateful to Lugard for hastening their sense of oneness some foolish Igbos call Nigeria Lugard’s cage; that is to say that they feel caged in a place they would rather not be in.

They flock to other parts of that Lugard’s cage to seek employment! The Yorubas allowed them to come to Lagos, a Yoruba city. Now many of them live at Lagos. Instead of expressing gratitude to their Yoruba hosts some of them now claim that Lagos is an Igbo city! Imagine that cheek!

Yorubas could feel insulted by squatters claiming ownership of their land and attack and kill a few of them and the rest of them would carry their loads on their sorry heads and march to the East. They would not even have the courage to stand and fight to death. When the going gets tough they always run to their tribal enclave.

These people routinely insult Hausas and Hausas, not being as patient as Yorubas are, often pick up their machetes and start slashing at any Igbo in sight.

These people literally ask other people to attack them and when attacked they turn around and see themselves as victims. Alas, the rest of the world does not come to their rescue!

The white man could care less if Africans murdered other Africans, if in doubt see the Sudan, Somalia and East Congo where Africans, as we speak, are butchering each other and the International community give them all the opportunity they need to get rid of themselves from the face of this earth (and leave the damn continent for animals so that white men come on wild life safaris in it).

If other Nigerians start murdering Igbos no African Union or United Nations would come to their rescue and even if they did they would send African soldiers, who are likely to be Muslims and hence participate in killing Igbos some more!

These people are not aware of the real world they live in and talk as if they are invulnerable supermen when in fact they are the most vulnerable group of Nigerians (other Nigerians hate their arrogance and could easily gang up on them and do away with them).

So why do Igbos do these crazy things when they could have peaceful relationship with their neighbors? Why do they go looking for trouble (as Fela Kuti said, trouble de sleep” iyanga” de look for am)?

Fela recognized that pride (iyanga)causes interpersonal troubles; Igbos are” inordinately proud” [/b]and out of their pride insult other folks and those folks also being “normally proud” human beings (all human beings feel proud, in degrees; the neurotic, aka narcissistic and or paranoid personality feels inordinately proud)feel degraded and attack them.

Fela was an insightful musician, not trained psychologist. There is a more psychological process at work in these people’s apparent irrational behavior. They do what they do because of their inordinate sense of inferiority.

Feeling totally inferior and wanting to seem fictionally superior to other persons they make claims that would seem to make them seem superior to other people. Those absurd claims naturally make those they belittle angry, and those attack them.

INFERIORITY FEELING

I am saying that Igbos go looking for trouble because of their sense of inferiority and paranoid level of compensatory superiority (according to Alfred Adler, all human beings feel inferior and compensate with some superiority feeling and quest for power over their world, but the neurotic over does it).

DEATH WISH (OR FREUD’S THANATOS)

It is as if these people have a death wish and must attack other people so as to generate other people’s counter attacks on them, and when attacked they feel persecuted hence feel alive. The pathological ego feels alive when persecuted!

The paranoid person feels alive when he feels attacked and is defensive; if not feeling attacked and persecuted and defensive he does not feel like he is alive!

The paranoid person has not yet learned that a person can feel even more alive by loving himself and those around him. If you want to truly feel alive do what loves other people and what serves people’s interests.

The alternative to Christian agape love for all people is the paranoid attacks on people that generate counter attack for him and he gets attacked and in defending his self feels falsely alive.

For the longest time I could not quite understand this oddity in many Igbos behavior. Finally, I understood it. They engage in their apparent self-defeating behaviors because of mental disorder. They suffer mass delusion disorder (follies adieu, aka group paranoia).

The deluded person takes his private interpretation of reality as reality. He wants to seem superior and powerful, which he is not; he imagines that he is superior and powerful; believes what is not true as true hence is deluded.

The mentally ill person is not operating in the real world; he is living in his personal world, his fantasy world where he is all powerful and invincible.

The sadist part of it all is that even if you understand the dynamics of what is going on in the deluded person’s head and tell him about it he does not get it and continues doing what he does that gives him certain results and continues to get the same results while expecting different results.

[b]Igbos insult other people, make them angry; they get attacked and or killed. They do not want to be attacked and killed; that is, they want different results but they keep doing what generates the old results and get it. This is the definition of mental disorder: doing the same thing while expecting different results. An alcoholic keeps drinking but does not expect to damage his liver and health; poor soul; as long as he is addicted to his drug of choice he must be slowly damaging his liver, brains and killing himself even though he wishes to be healthy and live.

I know that these people are not going to change for part of mental disorder is not to see what is obvious to the normal person. The normal person, as if instinctively, recognizes that if you insult folks that they would be angry at you and that some of them would attack you, but these bizarre folks keep attacking others (by insulting them) and not expecting them to counter attack them in self-defense.

They do not know what they are doing and one is wasting one’s time trying to get them to recognize the obvious.

I suppose this is my mission: to keep stating the obvious until those who wear blinders finally remove their veil and see it; remove the mask over their eyes and see reality as it is. I will never give up on them after all they are my people, and attacks on them, even if self-brought, are attack on me (when folks begin attacking or killing Igbos they will attack or kill me, too). The sins of fathers are visited on their children’s heads. Therefore, I must keep trying to help them smell the coffee and roses.

A FINAL WORD ON OBI NWANKAMA’S PRETENSIONS

Obi Nwankanma, apparently, is writing history, make belief history of Igbos. He has been talking smack about Nri as core Igbos (obviously a self-serving claim). His idiotic talk is irritating me. One of these days I would unleash my fury at him. I generally allow annoying things to simmer for a while and when I become sufficiently angry I unleash a ferocious attack and will keep attacking and nothing would stop me. By and by I will take Obi Nwakanma up and attack to destroy his pretensions.

These clowns write 419 histories that make their people the head of Igbos while ignoring the obvious, that the core of Alaigbo is Owerri. When I have some time I will do rigorous research on Igbo history and then refute their make believe history (I just read Elizabeth Isichie‘s version of Igbo history; she is not pretentious and haughty; she honestly believed what she wrote; she is a scholar, not a propagandist pretending to be a scholar).

For now let me just say that it is irritating to one to see those who are not even fully Igbos to keep talking as if they are real Igbos and worse present themselves as the leaders of Igbos (they were influenced by surrounding non-Igbo folks; the real Igbos are in core Igbo land, in the Igbo heartland, Owerri/Orlu axis. (Owerri must eventually become the capital of one unified Alaigbo state in Nigeria or Alaigbo republic should Nigeria breakup).

The time allotted to foreigners, such as Onicha/Edo folk, rule over Igbos is over.

Most history books are written as songs of praises to the people they are written about hence are hardly objective. That been said, if one is writing a history of one’s entire people one ought to make an honest attempt to be fairly objective rather than write claptrap that sings the praises of one section of the people. Just imagine it: everyone knows that Owerri is the core Igbo but clowns from non-Owerri area pretend to write Igbo history and not give central place to Owerri.

Even the much maligned white colonial folk recognized that Owerri is core Igbo hence made Owerri dialect the central Igbo dialect in their books on Igbo language. But buffoons from non-Owerri area write as if their peripheral areas are central to Igbo history and in their idiocy expect Owerri folks to accept their nonsense. Why, it is supposed to be Igbo history and every Igbo ought to accept it even if it is a bunch of lies.

When I am free to pay attention to history I will descend on these clowns like a ton of hot coal. Their contrived, 419 scam history of Igbos cannot be allowed to stand

Ozodi Osuji Ph.D

Ozodi Thomas Osuji is from Imo State, Nigeria. He obtained his PhD from UCLA. He taught at a couple of Universities and decided to go back to school and study psychology. Thereafter, he worked in the mental health field and was the Executive Director of two mental health agencies. He subsequently left the mental health environment with the goal of being less influenced by others perspectives, so as to be able to think for himself and synthesize Western, Asian and African perspectives on phenomena. Dr Osuji’s goal is to provide us with a unique perspective, one that is not strictly Western or African but a synthesis of both. Dr Osuji teaches, writes and consults on leadership, management, politics, psychology and religions. Dr Osuji is married and has three children; he lives at Seattle, Washington, USA.

He can be reached at: Ozodi@africainstituteseattle.org ; ozodiosuji@yahoo.ca (206) 853-4245

17 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Awo has replied the old bitter racist worthless English professor before he passed away.

QUESTION: Chief Awolowo, your stand on the civil war…Your stand on the civil war, however unpopular it may have been to the Biafrans or Ibo people, helped to shorten the war. Today, you’re being cast as the sole enemy of the Ibo people because of that stand, by among others, some of the people who as members of the federal military government at that time, were party to that decision and are today, in some cases, inheritors of power in one Nigeria which that decision of yours helped to save. How do you feel being cast in this role, and what steps are you taking to endear yourself once again to that large chunk of Nigerians who feels embittered.

AWOLOWO: As far as I know, the Ibo masses are friendly to me, towards me. In fact, whenever I visit Iboland, either Anambra or Imo, and there’s no campaigning for elections on, the Ibo people receive me warmly and affectionately. But there are some elements in Iboland who believe that they can maintain their popularity only by denigrating me, and so they keep on telling lies against me. Ojukwu is one of them. I don’t want to mention the names of the others because they are still redeemable, but ….Ojukwu is irredeemable so I mention his name, and my attitude to these lies is one of indifference, I must confess to you.

I’ve learnt to rely completely on the providence and vindication of Almighty God in some of these things. I’ve tried to explain myself in the past, but these liars persist. Ojukwu had only recently told the same lie against me. What’s the point in correcting lies when people are determined to persist in telling lies against you, what’s the point. I know that someday the Ibos, the masses of the Ibo people will realize who their friends are, and who their real enemies are. And the day that happens woe betide those enemies. The Ibos will deal with them very roughly, very roughly.

That has happened in my life. I have a nickname now, if you see my letterhead you’ll find something on top, you’ll find a fish done on the letterhead. Some people put Lion on theirs, some people put Tiger, but mine is Fish. And Fish represents my zodiac sign, those of you who read the stars and so on in the newspapers; you’ll find out that there’s a zodiac sign known as pisces, in Latin pisces mean Fish.

So I put pisces on top, that’s my zodiac sign being born on the 6th of March,….er well, the year doesn’t matter, it’s the day that matters. And then on top of it I write Eebudola. All of you know the meaning of that. You know I don’t want to tell a long story but………………Awolowo school, omo Awolowo, the started in Urhobo land, in Mid-west in those days. They were ridiculing my schools, I was building schools –brick and cement, to dpc level, block to dpc level and mud thereafter. And so the big shots in the place..”ah what kind of school is this? is this Awolowo school? Useless school” and when they saw the children..”ah these Awolowo children, they can’t read and write, Awolowo children” that’s how it started, with ridicule, and it became blessing, and now they say “Awolowo children, they are good people” no more ridicule about it, that’s how it started, so the Eebu becomes honor, the abuse became honor.

And so when I look back to all my life, treasonable felony, jail, all the abuses that were heaped on me, to Coker Inquiry, all sorts, and I see what has happened to the people who led, who led all these denigration campaign, where are they today? Those that are alive are what I call Homo Mortuus- dead living, oku eniyan, that’s what they are, those that their lives have gone.

So when I look back, I come to the conclusion that all these abuses which have been heaped on me all my life for doing nothing, for doing good, they have become honor, and so Eebudola is one of my nicknames. So I’ve cultivated an attitude of indifference, I’ve done no evil to the Ibos.

During the war I saw to it that the revenue which was due to the Iboland- South Eastern states they call it, at that time..east central state, I kept it, I saved the money for them. And when they ….was librated I handed over the money to them- millions. If I’d decided to do so, I could have kept the money away from them and then when they took over I saw to it that subvention was given to them at the rate of 990,000 pounds every month. I didn’t go to the executive council to ask for support, or for approval because I knew if I went to the executive council at that time the subvention would not be approved because there were more enemies in the executive council for the Ibos than friends. And since I wasn’t going to take a percentage from what I was going to give them, and I knew I was doing what was right, I wanted the state to survive, I kept on giving the subvention – 990,000 almost a million, every month, and I did that for other states of course- South eastern state, North central state, Kwara and so on.

But I did that for the Ibos, and when the war was over, I saw to it that the ACB got three and a half million pounds to start with. This was distributed immediately and I gave another sum of money. The attitude of the experts, officials at the time of the ACB was that ACB should be closed down, and I held the view you couldn’t close the ACB down because that is the bank that gives finance to the Ibo traders, and if you close it down they’ll find it difficult to revive or to survive. So it was given. I did the same thing for the Cooperative Bank of Eastern Nigeria, to rehabilitate all these places, and I saw to it as commissioner for finance that no obstacle was placed in the way of the ministry of economic planning in planning for rehabilitation of the war affected areas.

TWENTY POUNDS POLICY

That’s what I did, and the case of the money they said was not given back to them, you know during the war all the pounds were looted, they printed Biafran currency notes, which they circulated, at the close of the war some people wanted their Biafran notes to be exchanged for them. Of course I couldn’t do that, if I did that the whole country would be bankrupt. We didn’t know about Biafran notes and we didn’t know on what basis they have printed them, so we refused the Biafran note, but I laid down the principle that all those who had savings in the banks on the eve of the declaration of the Biafran war or Biafra, will get their money back if they could satisfy us that they had the savings there, or the money there. Unfortunately, all the banks’s books had been burnt, and many of the people who had savings there didn’t have their saving books or their last statement of account, so a panel had to be set up.

I didn’t take part in setting up the panel, it was done by the Central bank and the pertinent officials of the ministry of finance, to look into the matter, and they went carefully into the matter, they took some months to do so, and then make some recommendation which I approved. Go to the archives, all I did was approve, I didn’t write anything more than that, I don’t even remember the name of any of them who took part. So I did everything in this world to assist our Ibo brothers and sisters during and after the war.

And anyone who goes back to look at my broadcast in August 1967, which dealt with post-war reconstruction would see what I said there.

STARVATION POLICY

Then, but above all, the ending of the war itself that I’m accused of, accused of starving the Ibos, I did nothing of the sort. You know, shortly after the liberation of these places, Calabar, Enugu and Port Harcort, I decided to pay a visit. There are certain things which I knew which you don’t know, which I don’t want to say here now, when I write my reminisces in the future I will do so. Some of the soldiers were not truthful with us, they didn’t tell us correct stories and so on.

I wanted to be there and see things for myself, bear in mind that Gowon himself did not go there at that time, it was after the war was over that he dorn himself up in various military dresses- Air force dress, Army dress and so on, and went to the war torn areas. But I went and some people tried to frighten me out of my goal by saying that Adekunle was my enemy and he was going to see to it that I never return from the place, so I went.

But when I went what did I see? I saw the kwashiorkor victims. If you see a kwashiorkor victim you’ll never like war to be waged. Terrible sight, in Enugu, in Port Harcourt, not many in Calabar, but mainly in Enugu and Port Harcourt. Then I enquired what happened to the food we are sending to the civilians. We were sending food through the Red cross, and CARITAS to them, but what happen was that the vehicles carrying the food were always ambushed by the soldiers. That’s what I discovered, and the food would then be taken to the soldiers to feed them, and so they were able to continue to fight. And I said that was a very dangerous policy, we didn’t intend the food for soldiers. But who will go behind the line to stop the soldiers from ambushing the vehicles that were carrying the food? And as long as soldiers were fed, the war will continue, and who’ll continue to suffer? and those who didn’t go to the place to see things as I did, y[b]ou remember that all the big guns, all the soldiers in the Biafran army looked all well fed after the war, its only the mass of the people that suffered kwashiorkor.
[/b]
You won’t hear of a single lawyer, a single doctor, a single architect, who suffered from kwashiorkor? None of their children either, so they waylaid the foods, they ambushed the vehicles and took the foods to their friends and to their collaborators and to their children and the masses were suffering. So I decided to stop sending the food there. In the process the civilians would suffer, but the soldiers will suffer most.

CHANGE OF CURRENCY

And it is on record that Ojukwu admitted that two things defeated him in this war, that’s as at the day he left Biafra. He said one, the change of currency, he said that was the first thing that defeated him, and we did that to prevent Ojukwu taking the money which his soldiers has stolen from our Central bank for sale abroad to buy arms. We discovered he looted our Central bank in Benin, he looted the one in Port Harcourt, looted the one in Calabar and he was taking the currency notes abroad to sell to earn foreign exchange to buy arms.

So I decided to change the currency, and for your benefit, it can now be told the whole world, only Gowon knew the day before, the day before the change took place. I decided, only three of us knew before then- Isong now governor of Cross River, Attah and myself. It was a closely guarded secret, if any commissioner at the time say that he knew about it, he’s only boosting his own ego. Because once you tell someone, he’ll tell another person. So we refused to tell them and we changed the currency notes. So Ojukwu said the change in currency defeated him, and starvation of his soldiers also defeated him.

These were the two things that defeated Ojukwu. And, he reminds me, when you saw Ojukwu’s picture after the war, did he look like someone who’s not well fed? But he has been taking the food which we send to civilians, and so we stopped the food.

ABANDONED PROPERTY

And then finally, I saw to it that the houses owned by the Ibos in Lagos and on this side, were kept for them. I had an estate agent friend who told me that one of them collected half a million pounds rent which has been kept for him. All his rent were collected, but since we didn’t seize their houses, he came back and collected half a million pounds.

So that is the position. I’m a friend of the Ibos and the mass of the Ibos are my friends, but there are certain elements who want to continue to deceive the Ibos by telling lies against me, and one day, they’ll discover and then that day will be terrible for those who have been telling the lies.

15 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by vanbonattel: 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption: Let the thread continues! The old racist bitter English professor who should be working to unite the nation but has found it a worthwhile effort to pull it apart is responsible for whatever happens to Igbo lot.

what is there to unite in a mistake?
1)the flight took off without fuel
2)a cockpit cleaner started the engine and flew off from the airport
3)and now we have lost direction
4)there is nobody in the plane who knows how to fly a plane
5)we are nosediving into the atlantic ocean
6)the country will definitely crash

Achebe should hasten to do anything possible to tear apart this mistake called Nigeria. Only thieves who are in government and are benefitting from this problem will support a united Nigeria at these terms. Please help us Achebe!

9 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by demmy(m): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
Achebe the Homo Mortuus.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by 9jaIhail(m): 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
The question you should ask is, did Awolowo commit the crime achebe accused him of? How do you justify the act of blocking the means the Biafrans are getting aids from other countries? out of desperation they were quick to reach agreement with Cameroon to hand over oil rich bakassi peninsular to them if they can block Biafra from getting aids from France and other countries who was against the injustice the UK and Nigeria Govt melted to Biafrans.Finally they won the war but as everyone can see Bakassi people are about to take up arms against Nigerian Govt for ceding them to Cameroon without their consent or referendum.

14 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by 9jaIhail(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
In a war no side is permitted to throw bombs in markets or on civilians, but Nigeria Govt in collaboration with UK Govt deliberately determined to wipe Igbo's out by throwing bombs in the markets killing innocent kids and pregnant women. If such atrocity happen to any western country the preparatory will be held for genocide and war crime.Hence the innocent kids and women that was kill unjustly are blacks they are not as important or valuable as the western citizens. God is alive

11 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by 9jaIhail(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
How can he go too far when those things he pointed out happened. If not for the fact that Igbo's are blacks the world would have recognized the calculated genocide acted on them by the Federal republic of Nigeria lead by Gowon and his counterpart Awolowo.

8 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by demmy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
[/quote]

Soyinka look fresh, Pepper Clark look fresh. The Homo Mortuus look.....well like Homo Mortuus. grin

3 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by hardywaltz(m): 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
Why can't Nairalanders just leave these dead people alone for God's sake, most of u guyz weren't even born when all theze happened....
Can't the time & energy used in debating these topics all the time be used for meaningful endevours.

4 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

I would be glad to hear you say when yorooooobas will rise up against igbo's i shouldn't play victim, then i would have an answer to give to your miserable lunatic fruitless and unproductive brain.Hence you and your cowardice tribe has no ball to face Igbo's in battle field i advice u to shut your mouth up and wait when British and Russia will come again with attempt to help ur fearful low life esteem to wipe the igbo's out.

Your leaders lacked strategic thinking! You don't fight war alone. It's not even rocket science, it's common sense.
You plead to some countries to stay neutral, you bring others on board. It's not about brute force, it's all wisdom.

With all its military might, US did not go to Iraq alone? Britain was there with US. Even in Afghanistan where a war is raging as I type, do you know how many countries are there with US? Germany, France, Holland, Britain to mention just a few are there. Was US not defeated in Vietnam? Was USSR not defeated in Afghanistan? Why is Isreal seeking US green light before attacking Iran? War is not a joke, if you don't plan it well, goodluck to you. When you take actions, you are also taking the consequences. Nobody declare Biafra for Ojukwu. He brought avoidable misery upon your fathers and grand fathers. Blame him for that. Don't hip the blame on Awolowo. Tell the senile old bitter racist English professor to stop rewriting history.

If your leaders fail to think like leaders and went to war alone, how was it supposed to be the problem of Awolowo who courted the USSR and USA-the opposing superpowers of the era? Why didn't Zik or the now senile Achebe devise a winning strategy for Ojukwu? Sorry, the empty boast of greatest army south of sahara would not let them see clearly.

Spoils of war, take heart.

37 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by 9jaIhail(m): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Your leaders lacked strategic thinking! You don't fight war alone. It's not even rocket science, it's common sense.
You plead to some countries to stay neutral, you bring others on board. It's not about brute force, it's all wisdom.

With all its military might, US did not go to Iraq alone? Britain was there with US. Even in Afghanistan where a war is raging as I type, do you know how many countries are there with US? Germany, France, Holland, Britain to mention just a few are there. Was US not defeated in Vietnam? Was USSR not defeated in Afghanistan? Why is Isreal seeking US green light before attacking Iran? War is not a joke, if you don't plan it well, goodluck to you. When you take actions, you are also taking the consequences. Nobody declare Biafra for Ojukwu. He brought avoidable misery upon your fathers and grand fathers. Blame him for that. Don't hip the blame on Awolowo. Tell the senile old bitter racist English professor to stop rewriting history.

If your leaders fail to think like leaders and went to war alone, how was it supposed to be the problem of Awolowo who courted the USSR and USA-the opposing superpowers of the era? Why didn't Zik or the now senile Achebe devise a winning strategy for Ojukwu? Sorry, the empty boast of greatest army south of sahara would not let them see clearly.

Spoils of war, take heart.

This is part of the failed education awo introduced in the south west we are talking about today. I asked you a simple question. When is yooooroba's KA Yoruba CONFRONTING IGBOS'IN REAL BATTLE. MIND YOU THAT ONLY AGULERI IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO DESTROY YOUR ENTIRE YOOOOROBA LAND IN A SPACE OF ONE WEEK.

12 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by vanbonattel: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

This is part of the failed education awo introduced in the south west we are talking about today. I asked you a simple question. When is yooooroba's KA Yoruba CONFRONTING IGBOS'IN REAL BATTLE. MIND YOU THAT ONLY AGULERI IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO DESTROY YOUR ENTIRE YOOOOROBA LAND IN A SPACE OF ONE WEEK.

I will prefare the warriors of Ezza/Ezillo tackle them
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ngodigha: 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

They are well known cowards. Whad did they do when Ijaw militants attacked them and blew up Atlas cove building?.
It is better they don't try it because the UN is not ready to accommodate 25 million refugees that will come out of Yorugba land.

5 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Egbami oooooo! The same ranting that Ojukwu said that he had the greatest black army only for the coward to run away. Spoils of war, your loud mouth is legendary. It's not new. We don't shout, we formulate and execute policy. Simple, straight and direct. A policy is stronger than a missile, get it?

37 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by vanbonattel: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ngodigha:
They are well known cowards. Whad did they do when Ijaw militants attacked them and blew up Atlas cove building?.
It is better they don't try it because the UN is not ready to accommodate 25 million refugees that will come out of Yorugba land.

just chase them into the ocean

3 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by vanbonattel: 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Egbami oooooo! The same ranting that Ojukwu said that he had the greatest black army only for the coward to run away. Spoils of war, your loud mouth is legendary. It's not new. We don't shout, we formulate and execute policy. Simple, straight and direct. A policy is stronger than a missile, get it?

you only scheme and plot to commit murder, but it will not work again, this time around, your well known cowardice will be exposed and you will keep shouting o pa mi o!

8 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ngodigha:

Foools. can you explain why Itsekiri is strong in Delta? If you don't control the politics, you don't control anything. Think deeply. Be strategic! Missiles will not win war for you not to even talk of experimented and failed Ogbunike! Good policy from good head is what is needed.

If I don't respond to you, don't think you have typed something reasonable, I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead. When your leaders speak idiocy, we speak policy.

27 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Ngodigha: 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Foools. can you explain why Itsekiri is strong in Delta? If you don't control the politics, you don't control anything. Think deeply. Be strategic! Missiles will not win war for you not to even talk of experimented and failed Ogbunike! Good policy from good head is what is needed.

If I don't respond to you, don't think you have typed something reasonable, I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead. When your leaders speak idiocy, we speak policy.
Shameless maggot, why not use your intelligence to analyse the the contents awo drank on his last day on earth. I mean this

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / Rauf Aregbesola Celebrates His 60th Birthday By Walking On The Streets (Photos) / Bunmi Ojo Buried Amid Tears In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.