Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,712 members, 7,802,157 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? (31677 Views)

How Segun Awolowo Has Ruined The Nigerian Export Promotion Commission. / Soyinka Backs Achebe On Civil War Memoir / Attack On Awolowo Family: Count Me Out -tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by emmatok(m): 12:24am On Oct 07, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

This is part of the failed education awo introduced in the south west we are talking about today. I asked you a simple question. When is yooooroba's KA Yoruba CONFRONTING IGBOS'IN REAL BATTLE. MIND YOU THAT ONLY AGULERI IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO DESTROY YOUR ENTIRE YOOOOROBA LAND IN A SPACE OF ONE WEEK.

Thesame way you ibos make noise in kano and Sokoto.
If that cripple wants another war.
Then he should be in front on his wheelchair.

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 07, 2012
redcliff:
Did u ask chinua or research reasons why chinua has refused to associate with the nigeria craze?

Who the fck is Achebe? He is just one of numerous English professors Nigeria has produced. We have Biodun Jeyifo teaching in Harvard and writing a column for Guardian every Sunday. Olupona teaching in Harvard as I type. We have Soyinka who won Nobel Prize several years ago.

Who the fck gives a $h!t about Achebe if he decides to sit in Providence forever? By the way, he is teaching in a pseudo Ivy league university. The truth of the matter is simple: the whole noise about Achebe is hype. The whole nonsensical reputation of his is built on Things Fall Apart, a thoroughly superstitious copy and paste book about Okonkwo.

4 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by mimifonwon(f): 12:35am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption: Why Do Igbos Always Go Looking For Trouble?
Written by Ozodi Osuji Ph.D

Why Do Igbos Always Go Looking For Trouble?

There is something in the psychological makeup of Igbos that makes them always go looking for trouble. In the calmest of circumstances they will always do something that would annoy those around them, create conflict and then live in conflict; they seem to enjoy living in conflicts.

As it were, they seem to have death wish and do things that would make those around them to attack them, and or kill them hence gratify their death wish (thanatos).

Consider their relationship with their neighbors. Invariably they would say or do something that even a child knows would irritate those neighbors and do it as if they do not know that such actions irritate people. Consider Obi Nwankanma’s concocted historiography. The man is apparently writing a history of Igbos (as gleaned from the snippets of it that he posts on the Internet). Invariably, he would make claims to the effect that Igbos stimulated what their neighbors did or he would make Igbos have credit for what other Nigerian tribes did. And he would make these self-serving bogus claims as if they are true. He is, of course, lying but presents his lies as if they are substantiated truths! The man writes history as propaganda!

Taking credit for what other tribes did diminish those tribes self-respect; they feel attacked and angry at him and by generalization at all Igbos. Thus, the man’s private behavior has negative public consequences for most Igbos, for other Nigerians who feel insulted by him (in a country where folks indulge in stereotyping behaviors, by all Igbos) attack any Igbo in sight.

And this misguided man is not the only one doing what he does; many Igbos do it. Consider their unreasoning response to Frederick Lugard and his British cohorts. Britons created what is now called Nigeria in 1914. Igbos who hitherto did not have a nation were for the first time placed under one administrative unit hence given a sense of being one people. But instead of being grateful to Lugard for hastening their sense of oneness some foolish Igbos call Nigeria Lugard’s cage; that is to say that they feel caged in a place they would rather not be in.

They flock to other parts of that Lugard’s cage to seek employment! The Yorubas allowed them to come to Lagos, a Yoruba city. Now many of them live at Lagos. Instead of expressing gratitude to their Yoruba hosts some of them now claim that Lagos is an Igbo city! Imagine that cheek!

Yorubas could feel insulted by squatters claiming ownership of their land and attack and kill a few of them and the rest of them would carry their loads on their sorry heads and march to the East. They would not even have the courage to stand and fight to death. When the going gets tough they always run to their tribal enclave.

These people routinely insult Hausas and Hausas, not being as patient as Yorubas are, often pick up their machetes and start slashing at any Igbo in sight.

These people literally ask other people to attack them and when attacked they turn around and see themselves as victims. Alas, the rest of the world does not come to their rescue!

The white man could care less if Africans murdered other Africans, if in doubt see the Sudan, Somalia and East Congo where Africans, as we speak, are butchering each other and the International community give them all the opportunity they need to get rid of themselves from the face of this earth (and leave the damn continent for animals so that white men come on wild life safaris in it).

If other Nigerians start murdering Igbos no African Union or United Nations would come to their rescue and even if they did they would send African soldiers, who are likely to be Muslims and hence participate in killing Igbos some more!

These people are not aware of the real world they live in and talk as if they are invulnerable supermen when in fact they are the most vulnerable group of Nigerians (other Nigerians hate their arrogance and could easily gang up on them and do away with them).

So why do Igbos do these crazy things when they could have peaceful relationship with their neighbors? Why do they go looking for trouble (as Fela Kuti said, trouble de sleep” iyanga” de look for am)?

Fela recognized that pride (iyanga)causes interpersonal troubles; Igbos are” inordinately proud” [/b]and out of their pride insult other folks and those folks also being “normally proud” human beings (all human beings feel proud, in degrees; the neurotic, aka narcissistic and or paranoid personality feels inordinately proud)feel degraded and attack them.

Fela was an insightful musician, not trained psychologist. There is a more psychological process at work in these people’s apparent irrational behavior. They do what they do because of their inordinate sense of inferiority.

Feeling totally inferior and wanting to seem fictionally superior to other persons they make claims that would seem to make them seem superior to other people. Those absurd claims naturally make those they belittle angry, and those attack them.

INFERIORITY FEELING

I am saying that Igbos go looking for trouble because of their sense of inferiority and paranoid level of compensatory superiority (according to Alfred Adler, all human beings feel inferior and compensate with some superiority feeling and quest for power over their world, but the neurotic over does it).

DEATH WISH (OR FREUD’S THANATOS)

It is as if these people have a death wish and must attack other people so as to generate other people’s counter attacks on them, and when attacked they feel persecuted hence feel alive. The pathological ego feels alive when persecuted!

The paranoid person feels alive when he feels attacked and is defensive; if not feeling attacked and persecuted and defensive he does not feel like he is alive!

The paranoid person has not yet learned that a person can feel even more alive by loving himself and those around him. If you want to truly feel alive do what loves other people and what serves people’s interests.

The alternative to Christian agape love for all people is the paranoid attacks on people that generate counter attack for him and he gets attacked and in defending his self feels falsely alive.

For the longest time I could not quite understand this oddity in many Igbos behavior. Finally, I understood it. They engage in their apparent self-defeating behaviors because of mental disorder. They suffer mass delusion disorder (follies adieu, aka group paranoia).

The deluded person takes his private interpretation of reality as reality. He wants to seem superior and powerful, which he is not; he imagines that he is superior and powerful; believes what is not true as true hence is deluded.

The mentally ill person is not operating in the real world; he is living in his personal world, his fantasy world where he is all powerful and invincible.

The sadist part of it all is that even if you understand the dynamics of what is going on in the deluded person’s head and tell him about it he does not get it and continues doing what he does that gives him certain results and continues to get the same results while expecting different results.

[b]Igbos insult other people, make them angry; they get attacked and or killed. They do not want to be attacked and killed; that is, they want different results but they keep doing what generates the old results and get it. This is the definition of mental disorder: doing the same thing while expecting different results. An alcoholic keeps drinking but does not expect to damage his liver and health; poor soul; as long as he is addicted to his drug of choice he must be slowly damaging his liver, brains and killing himself even though he wishes to be healthy and live.

I know that these people are not going to change for part of mental disorder is not to see what is obvious to the normal person. The normal person, as if instinctively, recognizes that if you insult folks that they would be angry at you and that some of them would attack you, but these bizarre folks keep attacking others (by insulting them) and not expecting them to counter attack them in self-defense.

They do not know what they are doing and one is wasting one’s time trying to get them to recognize the obvious.

I suppose this is my mission: to keep stating the obvious until those who wear blinders finally remove their veil and see it; remove the mask over their eyes and see reality as it is. I will never give up on them after all they are my people, and attacks on them, even if self-brought, are attack on me (when folks begin attacking or killing Igbos they will attack or kill me, too). The sins of fathers are visited on their children’s heads. Therefore, I must keep trying to help them smell the coffee and roses.

A FINAL WORD ON OBI NWANKAMA’S PRETENSIONS

Obi Nwankanma, apparently, is writing history, make belief history of Igbos. He has been talking smack about Nri as core Igbos (obviously a self-serving claim). His idiotic talk is irritating me. One of these days I would unleash my fury at him. I generally allow annoying things to simmer for a while and when I become sufficiently angry I unleash a ferocious attack and will keep attacking and nothing would stop me. By and by I will take Obi Nwakanma up and attack to destroy his pretensions.

These clowns write 419 histories that make their people the head of Igbos while ignoring the obvious, that the core of Alaigbo is Owerri. When I have some time I will do rigorous research on Igbo history and then refute their make believe history (I just read Elizabeth Isichie‘s version of Igbo history; she is not pretentious and haughty; she honestly believed what she wrote; she is a scholar, not a propagandist pretending to be a scholar).

For now let me just say that it is irritating to one to see those who are not even fully Igbos to keep talking as if they are real Igbos and worse present themselves as the leaders of Igbos (they were influenced by surrounding non-Igbo folks; the real Igbos are in core Igbo land, in the Igbo heartland, Owerri/Orlu axis. (Owerri must eventually become the capital of one unified Alaigbo state in Nigeria or Alaigbo republic should Nigeria breakup).

The time allotted to foreigners, such as Onicha/Edo folk, rule over Igbos is over.

Most history books are written as songs of praises to the people they are written about hence are hardly objective. That been said, if one is writing a history of one’s entire people one ought to make an honest attempt to be fairly objective rather than write claptrap that sings the praises of one section of the people. Just imagine it: everyone knows that Owerri is the core Igbo but clowns from non-Owerri area pretend to write Igbo history and not give central place to Owerri.

Even the much maligned white colonial folk recognized that Owerri is core Igbo hence made Owerri dialect the central Igbo dialect in their books on Igbo language. But buffoons from non-Owerri area write as if their peripheral areas are central to Igbo history and in their idiocy expect Owerri folks to accept their nonsense. Why, it is supposed to be Igbo history and every Igbo ought to accept it even if it is a bunch of lies.

When I am free to pay attention to history I will descend on these clowns like a ton of hot coal. Their contrived, 419 scam history of Igbos cannot be allowed to stand

Ozodi Osuji Ph.D

Ozodi Thomas Osuji is from Imo State, Nigeria. He obtained his PhD from UCLA. He taught at a couple of Universities and decided to go back to school and study psychology. Thereafter, he worked in the mental health field and was the Executive Director of two mental health agencies. He subsequently left the mental health environment with the goal of being less influenced by others perspectives, so as to be able to think for himself and synthesize Western, Asian and African perspectives on phenomena. Dr Osuji’s goal is to provide us with a unique perspective, one that is not strictly Western or African but a synthesis of both. Dr Osuji teaches, writes and consults on leadership, management, politics, psychology and religions. Dr Osuji is married and has three children; he lives at Seattle, Washington, USA.

He can be reached at: Ozodi@africainstituteseattle.org ; ozodiosuji@yahoo.ca (206) 853-4245

This man is a perfect mugu and i will bet you he has no real igbo blood in him. No man who witnessed what dr.achebe witnessed or many survivors of the genocide called biafran war would utter such rubbish about the igbos looking for trouble. I wasnt there, but the horrors of the stories my grandparents both on igbo and yoruba side have told have made me question the unity of a country such as nigeria. These people wanted freedom, just like south sudan got, but the truth must be told and shame the devil, Controllers of nigeria i.e-uk,soviet union,usa..etc, wanted the oil and if nigeria broke apart the part known as biafra will have all the richness of the oil and right to do what they want from it. And lets be correct here, it wasnt only the igbos, all the other tribes around the igbos agreed to leave nigeria, yoruba almost did, but at the last minute sided with the north. Yes until a conversation is had about the effects and affects of the spoils of the war on all the generations, especially ours, nigeria will never be this bad. we all wanna pretend there is peace, non tribalistic rants, but at the end of the day there is problem in our community. nigeria is a confederation with three countries in it. What we need to accept for once is that the truth hurts. Awolowo knows what he did and you cannot affront another man for speaking the truth . Respect papa achebe, you are truly more than a heroe to each of our generations.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by mimifonwon(f): 12:46am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Your leaders lacked strategic thinking! You don't fight war alone. It's not even rocket science, it's common sense.
You plead to some countries to stay neutral, you bring others on board. It's not about brute force, it's all wisdom.

With all its military might, US did not go to Iraq alone? Britain was there with US. Even in Afghanistan where a war is raging as I type, do you know how many countries are there with US? Germany, France, Holland, Britain to mention just a few are there. Was US not defeated in Vietnam? Was USSR not defeated in Afghanistan? Why is Isreal seeking US green light before attacking Iran? War is not a joke, if you don't plan it well, goodluck to you. When you take actions, you are also taking the consequences. Nobody declare Biafra for Ojukwu. He brought avoidable misery upon your fathers and grand fathers. Blame him for that. Don't hip the blame on Awolowo. Tell the senile old bitter racist English professor to stop rewriting history.

If your leaders fail to think like leaders and went to war alone, how was it supposed to be the problem of Awolowo who courted the USSR and USA-the opposing superpowers of the era? Why didn't Zik or the now senile Achebe devise a winning strategy for Ojukwu? Sorry, the empty boast of greatest army south of sahara would not let them see c

Spoils of war, take heart.

I hope you know that this was a civil war and because nigeria was a sovereign country, usa,ussr etc had no right legally to join and help nigeria. They broke the international law on sovereignty and i still maintain that if biafra was to rise today and take usa,uk and others involved to court that they would have a case. So dont try to say the people of biafra didnt have good leader, can u hold on to a war for three years, by the ingenuity and God's help like biafrans did? NO, especially against all the super powers. Biafra tried and i dont care what anyone says igbos, and everyone under the umbrella of biafra..i.e bakassi have the right to fight for their right. Nigeria is not a democracy, tradition rules over it. And most of the northern and western rulers tried to take something that wasnt theirs, and you dont expect those that own it to fight back for it.. U dey craze? i beg. spoils of war my foot.mtcheww!!

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by ektbear: 12:50am On Oct 07, 2012
Why not just have one thread on this topic...why the redundancy
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 07, 2012
mimifonwon:

This man is a perfect mugu and i will bet you he has no real igbo blood in him. No man who witnessed what dr.achebe witnessed or many survivors of the genocide called biafran war would utter such rubbish about the igbos looking for trouble. I wasnt there, but the horrors of the stories my grandparents both on igbo and yoruba side have told have made me question the unity of a country such as nigeria. These people wanted freedom, just like south sudan got, but the truth must be told and shame the devil, Controllers of nigeria i.e-uk,soviet union,usa..etc, wanted the oil and if nigeria broke apart the part known as biafra will have all the richness of the oil and right to do what they want from it. And lets be correct here, it wasnt only the igbos, all the other tribes around the igbos agreed to leave nigeria, yoruba almost did, but at the last minute sided with the north. Yes until a conversation is had about the effects and affects of the spoils of the war on all the generations, especially ours, nigeria will never be this bad. we all wanna pretend there is peace, non tribalistic rants, but at the end of the day there is problem in our community. nigeria is a confederation with three countries in it. What we need to accept for once is that the truth hurts. Awolowo knows what he did and you cannot affront another man for speaking the truth . Respect papa achebe, you are truly more than a heroe to each of our generations.

A typical Igbo logic! Achebe is Igbo but Osuji is not Igbo. Achebe is telling the truth but Osuji is lying.
You determine who is Igbo and who is not. What hypocrisy!

Folks, you are entitled to your opinions but you can't choose your facts.
What are the facts? Your sons killed the Western and Northern Leaders sparing yours. When that happened, Igbo were happy, everything was serene, the earth was spherical. But what happened when pogrom followed? When a counter coup was staged? The Earth was flat. Hausa-Fulani became the devil. Others were demonized! That was the background you guys like to ignore. Without the first coup, there would have been no counter coup, no pogrom, no need for Aburi Accord, no abolition of the true federalism we are now shouting today. You guys destroyed this country, destroyed everything, plunged Nigeria to avoidable civil war that we never recovered from but you now turned around and blame others for your misery.

What's annoying is that the man being denigrated today was in prison when all those evils schemes were being plotted by your sons. Yet after he was released by Gowon (don't mind the fact that Ojukwu continued to propagate lies till he died that he released Awo), same Awo warned your leaders to shelve any plans for war. Same man went to Enugu to appeal to Ojukwu to shelve war plans. He was ignored. he was dismissed.

The same Biafra was marching towards during the west but Awolowo was supposed to fold his hands and let Ojukwu sacked the whole Yoruba land. Foools.
Did Awolowo declare Biafra for you? Was he under obligation to help you win or fight for you? Why didn't your leaders surrender when the game was apparently up?

You went to foment trouble and when the father of trouble was given to you guys, you played victim. Is Osuji not right?

19 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 07, 2012
ekt_bear: Why not just have one thread on this topic...why the redundancy

They keep creating threads everywhere, it's good for them.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 07, 2012
mimifonwon:

I hope you know that this was a civil war and because nigeria was a sovereign country, usa,ussr etc had no right legally to join and help nigeria. They broke the international law on sovereignty and i still maintain that if biafra was to rise today and take usa,uk and others involved to court that they would have a case. So dont try to say the people of biafra didnt have good leader, can u hold on to a war for three years, by the ingenuity and God's help like biafrans did? NO, especially against all the super powers. Biafra tried and i dont care what anyone says igbos, and everyone under the umbrella of biafra..i.e bakassi have the right to fight for their right. Nigeria is not a democracy, tradition rules over it. And most of the northern and western rulers tried to take something that wasnt theirs, and you dont expect those that own it to fight back for it.. U dey craze? i beg. spoils of war my foot.mtcheww!!

I ignore an obvious fool and move ahead. Which country helped US in Iraq? How many countries are fighting war on the side of US in Afghanistan currently?

You guys are spoils of war. deal with it.
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by ZeusI: 1:05am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Egbami oooooo! The same ranting that Ojukwu said that he had the greatest black army only for the coward to run away. Spoils of war, your loud mouth is legendary. It's not new. We don't shout, we formulate and execute policy. Simple, straight and direct. A policy is stronger than a missile, get it?

Incredible! You formulate and execute policy like the foolish awo and abiola executed their policy of becoming presidents, right? or rather were executed psychologically and poisonously respectively. Aside OBJ( whose paternity is questionable), tell me any yoruba who has made any meaningful progress; politically(nationally, continentally and globally) ever, since independence. They currently don't even have any person from presidency to deputy speaker, while the so called defeated Igbos has two deputies in NA and a secretary to the Federal Govt. Not to talk of economic dominance. Yorubas will continue to inflate themselves till they are completely relegated to the state of absolute squalor, while the hated Igbos(who thrives more in conflicting situations) will maintain their steady rise to grandeur in Africa like their counterparts(Jews,[over Europe and America] who were equally hated and despised till they became formidable in political and economic power of the world). Your(yorubas') envy shall destroy you as arabian envy over jews a now destroying them.

5 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by crazygod(m): 1:12am On Oct 07, 2012
Lol. This country is jst too funny. Imagine youths in nairaland arguing over a war they don't even know anything about and u want this country to move when we can't even co-exist. I'm not surprised sha cos dis anormally started from the day that bitch luggard was fucking insulted us by naming us 'nigger area' (nigeria).
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 07, 2012
Zeus I: Incredible! You formulate and execute policy like the foolish awo and abiola executed their policy of becoming presidents, right? or rather were executed psychologically and poisonously respectively. Aside OBJ( whose paternity is questionable), tell me any yoruba who has made any meaningful progress; politically(nationally, continentally and globally) ever, since independence. They currently don't even have any person from presidency to deputy speaker, while the so called defeated Igbos has two deputies in NA and a secretary to the Federal Govt. Not to talk of economic dominance. Yorubas will continue to inflate themselves till they are completely relegated to the state of absolute squalor, while the hated Igbos(who thrives more in conflicting situations) will maintain their steady rise to grandeur in Africa like their counterparts(Jews,[over Europe and America] who were equally hated and despised till they became formidable in political and economic power of the world). Your(yorubas') envy shall destroy you as arabian envy over jews a now destroying them.

Obasanjo became the president but why are you ignoring the events that made that happened? Did we shoot anybody to force Nigerians to concede the presidency to South West? Don't you see the power of wisdom that the two presidential candidates in 1998 presidential elections were from the West?
If not for OBJ scheming that put GEJ as a support on a sick president, would there be a SS presidency today? Do you think everything is all about empty boast, chest beating? It's strategy, it's policy, it's deep thinking.

When you guys were made Senate president, what happened? You kept back stabbing each other until it went around. The position has been in North central for almost eight years with unbelievable stability in the senate. Nigerians know you don't worth it. We had the presidency and we sent away the looters in our midst and in the process recreate another power base. When are you going to do that for your miserable region?

Even if you want to launch Igbo presidency project today, there is no serious platform for it. There are no gains for you guys. Your leaders lack strategic thinking! How are you benefiting from the mere fact that Igbo is deputy speaker or Finance Minister if no meaningful beneficial policy that can uplift your region is being implemented? We have gone beyond that stage of we want a speaker of Yoruba extraction.

Learn this little secret: if you don't control presidency in Nigeria, it's as good as nothing. GEj can sack all your over hyped Igbo today in his cabinet and heavens will not fall. I don't expect you to think deeply since you have been brainwashed already. We have built the platform that can be used to negotiate a good policy for our region. It's only a few strategic ones among you that would see that. Efulefu!

13 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Desola(f): 1:34am On Oct 07, 2012
oro kabiti, oro kanka!

Prof Corruption:

Obasanjo became the president but why are you ignoring the events that made that happened? Did we shoot anybody to force Nigerians to concede the presidency to South West? Don't you see the power of wisdom that the two presidential candidates in 1998 presidential elections were from the West?
If not for OBJ scheming that put GEJ as a support on a sick president, would there be a SS presidency today? Do you think everything is all about empty boast, chest beating? It's strategy, it's policy, it's deep thinking.

When you guys were made Senate president, what happened? You kept back stabbing each other until it went around. The position has been in North central for almost eight years with unbelievable stability in the senate. Nigerians know you don't worth it. We had the presidency and we sent away the looters in our midst and in the process recreate another power base. When are you going to do that for your miserable region?

Even if you want to launch Igbo presidency project today, there is no serious platform for it. There are no gains for you guys. Your leaders lack strategic thinking! How are you benefiting from the mere fact that Igbo is deputy speaker or Finance Minister if no meaningful beneficial policy that can uplift your region is being implemented? We have gone beyond that stage of we want a speaker of Yoruba extraction.

Learn this little secret: if you don't control presidency in Nigeria, it's as good as nothing. GEj can sack all your over hyped Igbo today in his cabinet and heavens will not fall. I don't expect you to think deeply since you have been brainwashed already. We have built the platform that can be used to negotiate a good policy for our region. It's only a few strategic ones among you that would see that. Efulefu!

5 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Standing5(m): 1:35am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof Corruption, i must say i am very impressed with your presentation of facts on this thread so far. . . All verifiable claims that fits into indisputable history and that can stand the test of time . . . . Let 'em hater go cook up something new for their personalized consumption.

9 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by Desola(f): 1:46am On Oct 07, 2012
Standing5: Prof Corruption, i must say i am very impressed with your presentation of facts on this thread so far. . . All verifiable claims that fits into indisputable history and that can stand the test of time . . . . Let 'em hater go cook up something new for their personalized consumption.

Indeed! I am staying up just to read from him.

3 Likes

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by techiees(m): 1:54am On Oct 07, 2012
I must say a well balanced & intelligently responses from prof corruption though i'd av prefere prof intelligence. dr osuji has gave a very concise psychology of d igbo or is it ibos race. one thing for sure, intelligence & wisdom are God's given, no matter how u fight it, u cant win. thank you once again prof corr & others that r intelligent enough to read in between d lines. lets make peace wt ourselves & our neighbours will live in peace too.

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by mfm04622: 3:09am On Oct 07, 2012
Myth of the fearful and cowardly Yoruba! Yoruba's are not cowards! No coward build empires! Yoruba built the Oyo empire. Apart from the Binis, what other tribe built anything worthwhile with all your "fearless warriors?" preferring other strategies over chosing to fight first does not make you a coward.
Is it Awolowo's fault that you did not seek food security first before starting a war? Or that your strategies are faulty? Igbos are the group that benefit most from the present Nigeria, if Nigeria break up, they will recognise that with regret
Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by fellory: 4:15am On Oct 07, 2012
I have read every comment on this thread.All the accusations and counter accusations.But we need to move ahead.This serves no purpose.I used to wonder why my friend chigozie while growing up hated Awolowo but now I get the reasson.It is apparent we have all been fed information differently.Whatever happened back then should be confined to the dustbin of history.It is time to move ahead.We can no longer divide this country.We have become one and that should be clear to everyone of us.When boko haram is eventually conquered and another renegade group does not spring up again maybe we will have peace in Nigeria.I do mot want to require a visa when I visit anywhere outside the west.We have so intermarried that it is impossible to determine what will happen to these families.Even if we part there will still be communal fighting and mutual suspicion will never depart from the mind of a blackman.Ezza/Ezillo are they not igbos,aguleri/umuleri,ife/modakeke.I lost a guy I admired and respected to the ife/modakeke war.He was a med student and was killed just because the father happened to be on the other side.Please peeps am awake and typing on my fone at this hour because I can almost touch the hatred oozing out of here.Our common enemy should be our thieving leaders whethet PDP,CAN whatever party they belong to.

Long Live the FRN

1 Like

Re: Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? by abifoluwa: 4:23am On Oct 07, 2012
anytime i open a thread like this and see comments like this from nigerians, all i say to myself is "damn, we are fuucked" grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Sorry State Of Odili Road ,port Harcourt / Niger State Youths Destroy Political Banners: 'We Have Not Seen Any Change' / Rauf Aregbesola Celebrates His 60th Birthday By Walking On The Streets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.