Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,994 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:06 AM

How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity (7435 Views)

Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings / How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? / Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Roland17(m): 11:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
How has the different versions (Translations) of the bible influenced and affected Christianity, especially with regards to scripture interpretation and your faith as a Christian, do you have a particular version you prefer? and if so please share with everyone.

Happy Sunday and God bless everyone.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Roland17(m): 12:44am On Oct 07, 2012
Am still anticipating responses.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by ijawkid(m): 5:32am On Oct 07, 2012
It has helped me to have a better and broader scope of bible verses that have sounded contradictory.....

It has actually made the exegesis of some verses easier and more accurate.....

It has also dealt with the spurious additions to some certain bible renditions...

I've got so many examples.......

But let's wait for others......

With the help of other translations many have come to know and see that the Kjv's 1 john 5:7 was a later addition to the greek scriptures and not part of the original manuscript.......

Thanks to the many translations we have for that.........

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Roland17(m): 5:45am On Oct 07, 2012
^^^ I appreciate your comment.
Still anticipating more responses, this topic is an essential aspect of the modern evolution of our faith.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Roland17(m): 6:23am On Oct 09, 2012
Hey guys, this is a very healthy topic we can discuss
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by italo: 8:25am On Oct 09, 2012
The different versions of the Bible have not affected me in anyway because as a Catholic, I only adhere to the Catholic versions and even those have only ONE interpretation which is taught in The Catechism of the Catholic Church. Within our fold, there is no confusion. You just need to look at the confusion that is rampant elsewhere to see why we feel so lucky, previledged and blessed to be Catholics.

Over 30000 so-called Christian communities, all teaching different doctrines from so-called Bible versions and intepretations. That's not to mention millions of so-called non-denominational Christians with their own personal doctrines. Any one who has a brain would know that that is not what Jesus wants.

3 Likes

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Roland17(m): 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
italo: The different versions of the Bible have not affected me in anyway because as a Catholic, I only adhere to the Catholic versions and even those have only ONE interpretation which is taught in The Catechism of the Catholic Church. Within our fold, there is no confusion. You just need to look at the confusion that is rampant elsewhere to see why we feel so lucky, previledged and blessed to be Catholics.

Over 30000 so-called Christian communities, all teaching different doctrines from so-called Bible versions and intepretations. That's not to mention millions of so-called non-denominational Christians with their own personal doctrines. Any one who has a brain would know that that is not what Jesus wants.

Honestly, i feel the bolded is responsible for the massive proliferation of Christainity and our faith
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2012
Any black man with a brain will worry less about the Arab man's manipulative books

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by italo: 7:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
Roland17: [/b]

Honestly, i feel the bolded is responsible for the massive proliferation of Christainity and our faith

You mean massive proliferation of millions of faiths. If it is not ONE doctrine, can it be said to be one faith?
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by tomzman: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2012
Well, for me different versions of the Bible makes me get a clearer message of a particular verse that may seem difficult to understand.I can read as many versions of the Bible as possible to understand a particular passage or verse but I quite prefer the NKJV.

2 Likes

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Roland17(m): 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
^^^Comment well appreciated.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by tevinsolt: 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
what different versions of the bible?......at least there are original manuscripts to compare to, i don't think it makes any difference
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Goldenheart(m): 12:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
only GOD'S spirit can make u undastand wat is in d bible....irrespective of d translation.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Jilo83(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
+vely, through diff translatns, the word of God become more clearer.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by F00028: 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
ifeness: Any black man with a brain will worry less about the Arab man's manipulative books

if that's you angle, how different is a jewish man's book to a black man?
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
No,it can't,
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
i thought i knew about the lord when i was reading all those illuminati newer edition versions. wasnt until i started reading the KJV that i really got to know the true God
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by ITbomb(m): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
I feel the spirit more using KJV , then NIV for some clarifications.
All others , methink are for babies and those that still need soft food.
The Bible is not a book to be read in literal sense , that is why it is confusing and nonsense to people like Seun.
It is a spiritual book , its words are illuminated by the spirit. An unbeliever cannot fathom the extent of the word even if it is translated to monosyllables

3 Likes

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by adefash(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
I get more confused whenever they call out a bible passage and what i here someone reads out sounds different from what i am getting from my bible. Trying to check the next person to me toi see if i actually open to the right passage, i find out that though i open to the right passage, but i get confused.for that reason i stoped going to church with bible since they will read to my hearing in chuch.when the need be, i jot things out.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Jephyard(m): 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
Some christain are insane. What is the bible if I don't understand it, it mean nothing just like every other book. Though different translation same purpose. God purpose for the holy bible is for both bilivers n unbliver to read n to make a conclusion on what he/she has red. Wit different translatn it help better to understand.

2 Likes

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
Err... Not really as long as I pray to God and he blesses me..
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by newmaonza: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
The Bible Versions are like Linux Distributions grin,Debian is to King James as Revised Standard is to Ubuntu.................and so on and so forth grin
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by teniyi(m): 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
The deeper you go, the more confuse you will be. Confusion, confusion and confusion.
73 books in the Catholics Bible, 66 in the Protestant and countless versions.
Confusion.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by ayduamah: 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
I believe that there is a lot of ignorance in the church of today which promotes deciet either on purpose or otherwise,a study and appreciation of bible history,appreciation of original manuscripts and etymology will open the eyes and hearts of the children of God.different translations hv applied their local contexts and further confused the african who does not hv english as his mother tongue.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Goldenheart(m): 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
Jephyard: Some christain are insane. What is the bible if I don't understand it, it mean nothing just like every other book. Though different translation same purpose. God purpose for the holy bible is for both bilivers n unbliver to read n to make a conclusion on what he/she has red. Wit different translatn it help better to understand.
u re a monkey with a red asss

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Goldenheart(m): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
teniyi: The deeper you go, the more confuse you will be. Confusion, confusion and confusion.
73 books in the Catholics Bible, 66 in the Protestant and countless versions.
Confusion.
n in confusion u wil be....

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Goldenheart(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
obadiah777: i thought i knew about the lord when i was reading all those illuminati newer edition versions. wasnt until i started reading the KJV that i really got to know the true God
This was revealed to u by d Holyspirit

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by zangbah: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
The diff translation of the bible was a continues twisting off the truth from the original textof the gospel in order to confuse and make more money
the bible is diff from the gospel of jesus, the gospel is the original word from jesus which is jesus a messanger and GOD alone is be worship. the bible is the fabricated word from the historians and other people who claimed superior to jesus in knowledge and signs.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by thaira(f): 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
I read NIV and The Message and I'm ok with them. I think its very important to understand how the bible came to be one book and its journey through many translations then we will have less questions about the fidelity of translations.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Jephyard(m): 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
@goldenheart what have I said wrong that make u to pull insult on what I ve said. What is the holy book meant for if nt to b red n make a decision wherethere to go wit or not n what make other translation different or ve u gotten so used to kjv imposed on u from childhood n find it difficult accept other translation. Abeg get a life
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Techwriter: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2012
I don't believe a true christian should insult someone. Not even in Nairaland. Jesus said if u call your brother a fool u are in danger of Hell fire Matt 5. Please let's be civil in our approach; we are not Muslims

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Type Of girls will You Approve Your Sons To Marry / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture (part 1) / Why God Says I Must Become President Of Nigeria - Young Man of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.