Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (41679 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wislet: lol. Romance, ehn?
I like politics too.
And yea... That is the crux of the matter.
Wonder why the yoruba(some) think Igbos hate them. They have no clue.
All these fights are just a way to pour to them the pain they feel as a people about the turn of events, especially when they needed them.
If only they can see the truth.
If you can't help your friend, it is better to remain detached from that situation than to aid (your) the enemy.
Because...after all said and done...(your supposed friends)the same people you aided will not bat an eyelid to do away with you if they have to.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by hollypagan: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
kindabigg: Shameless old man!
u are such a fool,animal

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by princenonny(m): 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
Right on point.....
kettykin:

This same shameless old man was voted as the most influential African by time Magazine , the only other person that ever got voted for the same role was Nelson Mandela . His Novel has been translated into al the major languages of the world

Question is if Achebe was Useless , how would you classify Obasanjo,Awolowo,Diya

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by kutchs: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
olu77emi: NL pls.help answer this question
Why Igbos are slaughter daily in the north?
Why is there no relationship between south east and south south?
WHY ARE THEY ALL OVER SOUTH WEST, with flourishing business even serve in the cabinet of state governors?
Why this holier than thou accusations against the dead?

You call these questions? Very stupid questions if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by CyberG: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
Deage: Achebe is only saying the truth. The yorubas are the only reason igbos didn't clearly win the civil war. Awolowo knew this, and I believe that is what Achebe is trying to point out. If igbos hadn't been sabotaged on our way to Lagos, I believe history would have had a new twist.

Why did iboz sabotage Adekunle on his way to iboland to liberate the iboz from ojuku's deathly grip?? Why did they sabotage Muritala on his way to capture Onitsha?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by meksroland: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
If what Achebe wrote is true, awolowo's family need to be wiped out the way most family in my Village were wiped out by him and that devil Gowon

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Fasterboy: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
I don't think Awolowo deserves Achebe's time. A man that died by rope as a result of accumulated curse? The foool took his own life because he was avoiding hearing the truth over his involvement in anything that was called crime ranging from genocide to military coup and finally suicide. A failure indeed!

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wislet: lol. Romance, ehn?
I like politics too.
And yea... That is the crux of the matter.
Wonder why the yoruba(some) think Igbos hate them. They have no clue.
All these fights are just a way to pour to them the pain they feel as a people about the turn of events, especially when they needed them.
If only they can see the truth.
If you can't help your friend, it is better to remain detached from that situation than to aid (your) the enemy.
Because...after all said and done...(your supposed friends)the same people you aided will not bat an eyelid to do away with you if they have to.

Of course na...at least Hausas showed them a bit of what they can do to them in june 12 1992. Despite the fact that the victim even shared the same religious faith with them, they told him TO HELL WITH YOU, like they always tell them that they (Yoruba) are fake ...ims, yet they refuse to learn their lesson.

Nigeria can only witness true progress, development & peace when Northerners stop being domineering & desperate to hold power & to force every other citizens to worship God in their own way. If at all they want to rule themselves forever & practice their religion without interference, let them declare their solemn interest to be their own separate nation & see if Ndigbo won't host a big farewell party for them & even dash them properties to start life with smiley

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Anthiga(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
Hmm
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by princenonny(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
Don't worry. We are catching up real fast. Even with the civil war, we are still nt shaken. Our borther is the current president of nigeria by default....in 8 yrs we wud surpass yorubas and hausas dat hv deliberately supressed us economically since 1970
alaoeri: When 'll these Igbos stop ranting over spilled milk & find meaningful things to do afterall if they keepon ranting its doesn't change anything they are still behind yoruba tribe.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by CyberG: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
warrior01:
pls can you tell us how the Igbos started the war?

By declaring seccession. Seccession is an act of war.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by WilyWily5: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dr Tokumbo Secondhand Car Awolowo Dosummu, please take heart your father is now a confirmed War Criminal that escape justice

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by lawmani: 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
If what Achebe wrote is the TRUTH, then why shouldn't he tell the TRUTH? Why do some persons want him to hide the TRUTH? That someone says it as it is does not mean the person is still ANGRY or BITTER. The TRUTH is the TRUTH and the TRUTH can never be late in coming. So SORRY if it offended some Yoruba persons or any other person but the TRUTH should not be withheld because it will offend some persons. Again the TRUTH may be RIGHT or WRONG depending on your side of the divide or your understanding of issues. To some persons it is right to use starvation as weapon of war but to others it is an ATROCIOUS act. In the opinion of Achebe and some other persons, it is WRONG but in the opinion of others, including the Late Chief Awo, it is RIGHT. Such is life. But bottom line is was starvation used as weapon of war during the Nigerian civil war? Yes! Was Late Awo the driver of such policy? Yes! Was late Awo interested in becoming president of Nigeria after decimating the 'enemy'? Yes! Was Achebe right in documenting these TRUTHS in his book for posterity sake? I think yes. FOR THE INFORMATION OF ALL, not ALL weapons of war are acceptable or 'fair'. That is the reason you have the Red Cross and UN to deliver food to the civilian population even in the period of war. Also it is unacceptable to use certain cluster bombs during war or bomb certain targets during war. Again Igbos did not declare war on Nig rather it was Nigeria that attacked Igbo homeland after the east seceded due to massacre of Igbos in the north
Awolowo/Gowon should be held and tried for Genocide!

6 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by nice247(m): 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2012
alaoeri: When 'll these Igbos stop ranting over spilled milk & find meaningful things to do afterall if they keepon ranting its doesn't change anything they are still behind yoruba tribe.
maybe I should give u a gold medal for being ahead of everyone, and since u are ahead, wat has been ur personal effort to make dis country better. Mr ahead ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by princenonny(m): 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
My brother in case you dnt knw, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is an igbo man. Trace his roots and you will see it with ur koro koro eyes.
*solid*:

I dey clap for u, nice one, ride on.

But I hav a question4u; if ur tribe claims to be from Israel, why is it that the other "useless tribes" has held u peep to ransom, ur tribe has not and can not smell presidency again. Israel is holding Palestine to ransom, why is it the other way round here?

Ewu, Anu ofia, oya, go and take your medicine and larula kita kita, if i see u wander around here again hen, im ga pia gi like umu aka
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Ayoolu12: 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
Some Folks can talk a lot of crap, but when people retaliate, they start crying.
It's like he's blaming Awolowo for having the intelligence to win the war. War is a sad and bloody business, granted. Therefore, only those who are fully ready to bear the consequences should venture into it. Don't start crying pathetically that the other side was more strategic and tactical.
I'm embarassed for Achebe.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ABsI1: 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
kettykin:

This same shameless old man was voted as the most influential African by time Magazine , the only other person that ever got voted for the same role was Nelson Mandela . His Novel has been translated into al the major languages of the world

Question is if Achebe was Useless , how would you classify Obasanjo,Awolowo,Diya
don't mind them o.as if awolowo was a saint and even he was,could he have lived faultless?was he Jesus?y is it dat some pple want to make him a prophet?dats y i lack regard for d likes of lanihun ajayi,ayo adebanjo,babatope,d awolowo children, etc.as for obasanjo and diya,they are d epitome of no shame

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by DukeNija(m): 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
Whether we like it or not, Prof. Chinua Achebe will still be the most Influential Nigerian alive.

His books live forever, and this one will stay a long long time.
Generations unborn will get a complete picture of who Awolowo was behind those round glasses. A heartless Murderer.

There's nothing anybody can do about it. Not me, Not You, not the president and Not even Achebe.

Goodluck with the Insults. 'There was a Country' is Already a best-seller.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
Lets all join in singing this song lyrics:

Achebe done finish Awolowo?

Crowd should respond after me: Finish Him!

& the crowd say.....?
Baba done finish Awombe?
Finish him!

Awolowo acquired wealth by ojoro
Awolowo escaped jail
finish am!
Awolowo buo awo
finish am!

hahahaha.....pls add ur own song lyrics & lets all dance....lol

6 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ABsI1: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Achebe's tribesman (Mr. Globe) to Awolowo's Daughter: I am disappointed with the international court of justice for not trying Awolowo (the ancestor of a useless tribe) for genocide post humously.
as useless as d tribe is,its still beta than yours. Nitwit
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bigsmoke2(m): 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=Fasterboy]
Are you stupiiid? It's not ibo but Igbo! oya...say IGBO! all this school drop out sef[/quote
is that the only thing ur crude brain can grab from my message?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by samkoro: 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2012

It jas been wriiten. Period

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Jungleprince1(m): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
solomon111: The bitttch is Disappointed that awo history has been thrown into the dustbin of life.
Awo reputation has suffered a devastating blow both locally and internationally.
He has now been placed alongside hitler,stalin,idi-amin,and the rest of the them.
What a shame.
So much for awo free education.
Lol.

how i wished zik gives you free education, then you will know when not to fight war, talking about awo, what about the rest of them? This is something nzeogu and adewale started but ifejuana destroy by not killing zik and co, ironsi refuse to correct it and gowon attacked the igbos. Instead of ojukwu to study situation he declare war. And now you think is awolowo's fault. i pity you
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by samkoro: 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2012

It has been wriiten. Period
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by generalJumong1(m): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
am a yoruba man bt i dnt tink i benefited from wat they said awo did in this country.bt for achebe to now bringin dead issue it is very disapointed of the old man by this time in the country.let us stop all this tribal talk and let us move on.awo and achebe of wat value are they for those of u born frm 70s down.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by wildchild1: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
sweet_gala: History is good, but I see this a tactful act to destroy the image of your enemy.
Awolowo was a great leader , a man was willing to take certain questionable decisions in the hope of ending a terrible civil war.
He never had any verbal agreement with Ojukwu to protect Biafran interest, why should he be vilified . It was not a strange tactic to deny your enemy access to amenities through routes which were under your control. All sides done so in world war II , merchant ships were targeted by all sides, cargo planes and rail lines, during the American civil war both sides resorted to caves and underground passages. It's your enemies duty to deny you easy access to supplies its yours to protect your supply routes, gain some and come up with alternatives. All wars are won on this simple principle.

It is no news that Awolowo and Achebe were on opposing sides during the war , history is written by the victors , to that effect Gowon, Awolowo and several other Nigerians are celebrated as powerful people who kept this country together today, achebe has denied himself a national honour twice a decision I respect.
We made an effort to forgive Ojukwu of treason and gave him a state burial honoured his widow.

Gowon gave a great speech after the war which denounced the notion of victory for the Nigerian state but promoted peace dialogue unity and reflection.

Now I ask why must a old much respected Nobel laureate invite the topic of division and taint the image of his long dead enemy for personal gratification?
The war for him is long gone and lost.
. #EnuffSaid
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2012
Achebe is mentally,Spiritually,Physically,fundamentally and economically gradually fallen apart.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
Jungleprince1:
how i wished zik gives you free education, then you will know when not to fight war, talking about awo, what about the rest of them? This is something nzeogu and adewale started but ifejuana destroy by not killing zik and co, ironsi refuse to correct it and gowon attacked the igbos. Instead of ojukwu to study situation he declare war. And now you think is awolowo's fault. i pity you

Lolz....u must be a cracked war historian prof. who escaped from a lunatic home smiley Lolz

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Kingsley1000(m): 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2012
DailyNews:

My dear, Nigeria is a forced nation done out of colonial master greed to exploit oil from this part of africa. so no need for anyone wasting time to teach good governance in Nigeria cos it won't work & never worked in a so-called nation where tribalism, religious clamouring & selfishness beclouds the leaders.

In every sector of Nigeria today, before u get anything, tribe is considered. if an hausa heads a department, he promotes hausas first even if they do not merit it. same goes if its headed by an Igbo or by a Yoruba.

A hausa values his religion more than ppls innocent lives, & would do anything to ensure his tribesmen with his same religion dominates every sphere of government, so how would there be true progress match in such a country

For how long will we continue to pretend to be one Nigeria Anytime there is a little feud, each tribe in Nigeria start finding a way to preserve their own tribesmen to the detriment of the other tribes, so why do we still claim to be one nation Can't we all be honest to ourselves & let go peacefully of this forceful union called NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by DukeNija(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
AB$I:
as useless as d tribe is,its still beta than yours. Nitwit

Better than which tribe?
A Tribe that almost defeated the Nigerian army save for a Spineless Snitching People? SMH

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by samkoro: 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ayo-olu12:
Some Folks can talk a lot of crap, but when people retaliate, they start crying.
It's like he's blaming Awolowo for having the intelligence to win the war. War is a sad and bloody business, granted. Therefore, only those who are fully ready to bear the consequences should venture into it. Don't start crying pathetically that the other side was more strategic and tactical.
I'm embarassed for Achebe.

Ok,it is good that u now agree that Awolowo worn a war by genocide.You knew this and uv been hiding it. Ah! Yoruba can never be straight forward in this life.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by free2ryhme: 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
DailyNews: Lets all join in singing this song lyrics:

Crowd should respond after me: Finish Him!

& the crowd say.....?
Baba done finish Awombe?
Finish him!

Awolowo acquired wealth by ojoro
Awolowo escaped jail
finish am!
Awolowo buo awo
finish am!

hahahaha.....pls add ur own song lyrics & lets all dance....lol

who told you Awolowo escaped jail? do you know your history at all...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

ARMOURED HELICOPTERS : GOVERNOR WIKE REVEALS THAT RSG HANDED THEM OVER TO NAF / You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape" / Buhari Makes An APC Chieftain Laugh Out Loud (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.