Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! (3662 Views)

Mohammed Contradicts Himself, Says 3 Different Things On The Same Topic / I Heard There Are Different Kinds Of Atheism/atheist, Which One Do U Fall Under? / There Are Different Callings In God. Stop Judging One Another. We Be Brethren. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by chinedumo(m): 9:10am On Oct 07, 2012
Myles Munroe : To be alone and to be single is not the same. To be alone and to be unmarried is also different. When God said to adam "it is not good for man to be alone". He didnt mean that it was not good for adam to be unmarried. He meant that it wasnt good for adam to be the only living/created human. Even if adam didnt marry Eve, as long as she has been created, Adam's problem of loneliness is solved. scriptures are not contradictory. paul said in 1cor 7:8 i say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them to abide even as i am
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by k2039: 9:36am On Oct 07, 2012

Op,you probably have listened to MYTH OF SINGLENESS,a message by Dr Myles Munroe
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by chinedumo(m): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2012
Spot on!
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
chinedumo: Myles Munroe : To be alone and to be single is not the same. To be alone and to be unmarried is also different. When God said to adam "it is not good for man to be alone". He didnt mean that it was not good for adam to be unmarried. He meant that it wasnt good for adam to be the only living/created human. Even if adam didnt marry Eve, as long as she has been created, Adam's problem of loneliness is solved. scriptures are not contradictory. paul said in 1cor 7:8 i say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them to abide even as i am

I beg to disagree the bible clearly states that male and female he made them. God is the author of marriage he must have understood loneliness and aloneness to mean something different from you. We can infer from the book of genesis that Adam was having fellowship with God before the creation of eve yet God in his infinite wisdom gave him a female version of himself for several reasons.

If all Adam needed was company God would've made another man or fellowship with God would have fulfilled him yet again God understood the need for a female helper.

1 Tim 4:2-3 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Now when Paul spoke of the unmarried and widowed abiding as himself I.e not marrying he was trying to explain to them that in the ministry you have to consider your spouse's needs as well e.g you cannot suddenly travel leaving your wife alone to take care of the family.before you do anything the welfare of your family must be taken into consideration.An unmarried woman can spend all day catering to the needs of the church but not so a married woman she must take into account her family's needs.But marriage is designed by God and it is for male and female. God commanded the male and female to be fruitful and multiply, without marriage how will this be achieved?
Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Read also Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. If Adam did not marry Eve how will they accomplish becoming one flesh.
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by Callotti: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
Even when I was single. . . I was NEVER lonely.
Never.
Life is tooooo sweet to be lonely.
Shioooooooooooooooooor.

You can only be lonely if your life is miserable.
Period.
Single or married. kiss
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by chinedumo(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2012
Male and female created he them. They were created as singles not as couples. Adam choose to marry eve. I am not forbidden to marry. I am saying that marriage is not the solution to lonliness. God could have as well fulfilled the need for a female himself without creating eve (going by your logic). Paul said it is good to b unmarried. He was talking to theunmarried and widows
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by chinedumo(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2012
They were not created as one flesh. U make that decision. Man and woman still marry yet man has lost dominion
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2012
chinedumo: Adam choose to marry eve.
What do you mean by this?
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by chinedumo(m): 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
Adam and eve were created singles not married People. Singlehood is d foundation of marriage
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
chinedumo: Adam and eve were created singles not married People. Singlehood is d foundation of marriage
Initially you wrote that they 'chose' to marry.
I dont get you
Re: Loneliness And Singleness Are Different Things! by chinedumo(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
Yes. For this cause shall a man leave father and mother...

(1) (Reply)

Prayer line ( USA ) / Iran: Pastor Sentenced To Death For Refusing To Accept Islam! / The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.