Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:02 AM

Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students - Crime (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students (43833 Views)

Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / UNIPORT Students And ALUU Villagers Fighting In Port-Harcourt / Father Of UNIPORT Student Lynched “for Stealing Phone” Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by bayulll01(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2012
onatisi:
you drank a poision intentionally then u start looking for a doctor,why drink the poision initially?how can u bring urself to watch the gruesome whole 10MINS clip of how ppl were killed and battered and burnt and then u start looking for a psycologist.that is pinnacle of hypocracy
i expect better from u,u are among the few i respect in nl well i won't reply ur stupe sarcasim
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Kslib(m): 8:37am On Oct 08, 2012
tpia@:

there are times when the actions of the guilty also stain the innocent.

when you need to flee, flee- dont say you werent one of the guilty.

otherwise you may share in the calamity heading for the area.

Huh !! I should flee from where? Did i ever say i reside in porthacourt.. The fact that i gave my point of view concerning the situation doesn't mean i stay in PH..
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 08, 2012
bayulll01:
i never knew u are monster that dnt have human feeling clueles jobles scavangers roaming on nl

I'm not sure Obadiah777 has seen the video. He was the first to rebuke some people for posting their email IDs requesting for the video on the other thread ~!

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Pwidy: 9:15am On Oct 08, 2012
Ranoscky: That video was horrible mehn, Spartacus!

May those killers never go unpunished.

AMEN... cry cry cry
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 08, 2012
obadiah777: IF EVERY SICK BLACK BASTARD IN NIGERIA IS MATERIALISTIC AS YOU LOT, THEN YOU WONDER WHY EVERYTIME WE ELECT A LEADER, HE GOES IN THERE AND STEALS BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. THATS THE SAME THING YOU BASTARDS WILL DO IF YOU HAD THE POSITION TO BE IN LEADERSHIP. YOU ARE ALL SICK BASTARDS AND YOU DESERVE EACH OTHER IN THAT COUNTRY. FOOLS ASKING ME WHY I CHOOSE NOT TO BE MATERIALISTIC WTF LIKE THIS IS A CRIME ? YOU SHOULD BE APPLAUDING ME. YOU NEED SOMEONE LIKE ME IN LEADERSHIP. NOT SOMEONE WHO IS AS MATERIALISTIC AS YOU LOT WHO WILL STEAL BILLIONS LIKE YOU LOT.

NEXT TIME YOU START BIITCHING ABOUT NIGERIAS PROBLEMS, LOOK IN THE MIRROR SOMETIMES. THE PROBLEM IS STARING RIGHT AT YOU

ANGRY PARROT grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by LADIbaba(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2012
Still on still, they were going to kill someone meaning they were going to exhibit some barbaric jungle justice on someone else. How does it feel when the table turns on them I am not in support of the barbaric death they enjoyed, but Killing another person equally makes no sense

Ibime: Someone else is now claiming the fifth man later succumbed to gunshot wounds and died. . . .

As a journalist I went on an investigative journalism and my findings was that d guys are not thieves but cultist on a mission to kill the leader of their cult group. These guys are from rich homes, two of them move on jeeps. They were incensed by the overbearing attitude of their cult leader and decided to topple him. Not knowing that the place was in the radar by some resolute vigilante boys following persistent handset theft and rape, five of them embarked on a journey around 3am with their axe and knife on hand trying to gain entry into their targets abode. The target who is their cult leader was however sensitive enough to notice their presence and started screaming - 'thief, thief' which attracted the attention of the vigilante who rounded them off. One out of the five cult guys escaped allbeit with a gunshot wound he sustained from the vigilante while trying to escape. It was this 5th cult guy that escaped but later died in Agip that narrated the ordeal before he died that gave us the tip that they were set up as thieves instead of an equally bad CULTIST. The things they claim was stolen was never found on them and perhaps some persons wanted them dead all their confessions were waved

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/arrest-made-over-killing-of-4-uniport.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+/OqshX+%28Welcome+to+Linda+Ikeji%27s+Blog%29&utm_content=FaceBook
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2012
Extract from Linda Ikeji's Blog:

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Arrests made over killing of 4 UNIPORT students

(Ibim Semenitari is the Rivers State Commissioner for Information)

[b]I can confirm to you guys that the Chief of Aluu community has been arrested and is in police custody. Some people I have been in touch with got the info from the Rivers State Commissioner of Police. There are also reports that at least 12 others have been arrested and more arrests will be made in the coming days.

Meanwhile, the deputy registrar of University of Port Harcourt, Williams Modi, said the school will issue a statement once they get all the facts - I.e, the true identities of the victims and what actually transpired on the day of the reported incident.

Also, I heard that residents of the community have started fleeing the area to avoid being arrested. Please continue...

Before I broke the story on Friday, I spoke with three different UNIPORT students, one of them my cousin (he was the one who sent the story to me) and they all said the same thing. That the Aluu community said they killed these boys because they stole. I asked the students what the victims supposedly stole, and they said - the people who killed them said they stole phones and laptops. That was why I made that my headline...

But since then, we've heard different versions of what happened on that early Friday morning...different versions! Below is another one...which suggests the boys didn't steal the phones and laptop but took it by force...

At this point, I really don't care what these boys did. Not that I condone any form of crime, but there's no excuse for what the Aluu community did to these boys. No excuse! Even people that have been prosecuted for a crime and condemned to die are shown some kind of respect. These boys were treated like animals. Maybe even worse. Animals we kill for consumption are not treated like this. So we must all rise and condemn this act. This is the land that will be home to our children and children's children.

The right to life is a fundamental right!

#JusticeforAluu4
[/b]

Source: http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/arrest-made-over-killing-of-4-uniport.html#more
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by freecocoa(f): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2012
tpia@:

i dont see any reason why the police could not have fired several rounds of tear gas into that crowd.
I honestly don't understand it too, the whole thing is just fishy.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by onatisi(m): 10:33am On Oct 08, 2012
freecocoa: I honestly don't understand it too, the whole thing is just fishy.
what they should have done ad didnt do makes no difference now ,the boys are dead.whether they were pastors,imams ,cultists or armed robbers makes no diffence and neither can it bring back the dead.what should hapen is that laws should be made by state and the fg against such barbaric act and most of all leaders of such community should be held liable for the actions of their vigilante groups.
the police station dpo should be questioned why they were unable to protect those boys from the mob
lastly the school authority should be investigated on how cultism got to have such a stronghold on uniport.no matter how much we curse or fight each other here on nl ,those boys can never be brought back to life
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by phreakabit(m): 10:33am On Oct 08, 2012
[size=18pt]The chief and his fellow assailants, should get the death penalty.[/size]
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by onatisi(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2012
freecocoa: I honestly don't understand it too, the whole thing is just fishy.
they were setup,that is just the plain truth.and there was noway to control that angry mob,u cant go against the ruler order ,he gave the order for the boys to be killed,there is nothing any indigene could have said to save them,if anyone protested the person risked been labled an accomplice
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by phreakabit(m): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2012
onatisi:
they were setup,that is just the plain truth.and there was noway to control that angry mob,u cant go against the ruler order ,he gave the order for the boys to be killed,there is nothing any indigene could have said to save them,if anyone protested the person risked been labled an accomplice

Now you are starting to see things properly. Last night you were quick to label them as criminals.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by freecocoa(f): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2012
onatisi:
Hmm, what more can I say? I'm listening to Where is the love by Black eyed peas, the tears can't seem to stop flowing, honestly nothing has hurt me this much since my mum's death, atleast she died on her own unlike these boys.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by onatisi(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2012
phreakabit:

Now you are starting to see things properly. Last night you were quick to label them as criminals.
the indigene or the boys?
my position since yesterday has always been that the boys could have been anything but NOT ARMED ROBBERS AS EARLIER SPECULATED
i also said that i have no problem with capital punishment but evidence and witnesses must be produced before the pronouncement of such judgement
thirdly i condemmed in strong terms the brutal manner in whichthey were killed.although i wont deny one fact that my emotions got the better part of me initially when i joined the topic yesterday
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by boolet: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2012
chreld_b: Good to hear. They should start of by picking up the elders of the community that declared the boys guilty. they will be able to identify the vampires that carried out the killings. After that they can all be convicted.
and their gathering should not be in vain, they must eat the meat they cooked. Bunch of bastards.angry
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by anderson1994: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2012
Its just funny how people would embezzle 20 billion dollars nigerian money n would be jailed n even reverend king with all his miss deeds was granted trial..... But for young men who stole( of which say we no sure) where beaten,brutalized, and to top the savagery where brunt to death.... What is happening to humanity, even u whe dey beat tif shey u no dey tif nii..may god punish them and kill all their families members slowly
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
But I keep wondering all those people that were taking pictures and recording the incident, if they had used those phones to call the police and other security agencies this barbaric act could have been stopped. Or if those who stood idly watching had said no and insisted on taking them to a nearby police station. I know aluu quite well and know that there is usually police presence around udss. Why would you have cell phone and use it to take photos of incidents instead of actually calling for help?
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by onatisi(m): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
nomsochris: But I keep wondering all those people that were taking pictures and recording the incident, if they had used those phones to call the police and other security agencies this barbaric act could have been stopped. Or if those who stood idly watching had said no and insisted on taking them to a nearby police station. I know aluu quite well and know that there is usually police presence around udss. Why would you have cell phone and use it to take photos of incidents instead of actually calling for help?
u are talking as if u dont know nigerians,they would prefer to call someone to come and join them in watching the horrible sight than calling the police
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
It's really sad. I haven't seen the video (don't want to either) but I guess from the time they were being paraded to when they started killing should have lasted over 30mins to an hour, and a drive from the police station on the east west road to the community is over 10mins max. People just stood there idly while these guys while these guys where slaughtered. Are they now satisfied? If war btw the students and community begin today, they have forgotten that they have houses and cars that can be burnt,children that will be badly affected. They live in glass houses and they threw stones at people who have gravel.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by rhymz(m): 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
It is obvious that the reason none of the spectators bothered calling the police was because the Police were privy to it already. There are even allegations that their van was packed not too far away from the scene. Nigerians have lost their soul, our ability to show compassion has been brutalized by the kind of things we do to eachother. I am sure these boys were just victims of a set-up. How do you summarily condemn four people to death without any serious evidence, just mere allegations, gut feelings and suspicions. Till now, the stories keep changing, some say they were armed robbers others say they were cultist, yet there is no iota of evidence to support these claims. These boys were not armed, the items they claimed they stole were not found on them, judgement was passed on these boys based on suspicions and unsubstantiated claims and the paranioa that enveloped the villaged. The boys were victims of a paranoid community.
This is an all time low for this country. Since I watched the video, I have not been able to concentrate or do anything without thinking about the sheer brutality meted out to those boys who could have been innocent of the crimes they murdered them for. Justice must be served, and I hope it is served cold.

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by rhymz(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2012
By the way, if those boys were actually cultists as alleged, Aluu community can be sure that even with police investigations bringing justice and foreclosure, there will surely be e reprisal at a later date on the community.
I know how this guys operate, they can be ruthlessly patient when they want to prey.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Horus(m): 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2012

Face of the Killers. The guy holding the plank was was an especially enthusiastic BEAST and deserves capital punishment.
The video appeared to have been shot by the woman in purple/jeans. If you know anyone of them on this picture, have them reported to the Police.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by queensmith: 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
The saddest thing about this situation is the fact that this could have happened to absolutely anybody, anybody, your son your sister your brother. Yet there are people here who can still chat absolute sheet!!

Even if they were confirmed cultists or criminals they do not deserve to die they way, it is also ABSOLUTELY NOT in the hands of these people to deliver mob justice. This is the reason we have judicial systems, we have police officers, we have law enforcement, we have these things to ensure QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS DELIVER SENSIBLE JUSTICE to alleged perpetrators of any crime. This story is incredibly sad and it's a shame 4 young boys had to lose their lives in such a brutal way to bring this problem to light.

I hope the government who are busy sticking their theiving fingers into the national treasury are embarrased and disgraced enough to face the fact that alot of work needs to be done. They can no longer sit on their phat asses and refuse to protect the people they are stealing from.

Hopefully people are also protecting themselves, only God knows how but I will say a prayer, we all have younger ones in university facing these sort of dangers everyday, soo soo sad cry cry
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by tpia5: 2:43pm On Oct 08, 2012
You know it's bad when even the other news media are not touching the story. . . .

Omg.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by tpia5: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Kslib:
Huh !! I should flee from where? Did i ever say i reside in porthacourt.. The fact that i gave my point of view concerning the situation doesn't mean i stay in PH..

I was speaking generally- didnt mean you in particular.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
Kk after watchin the video I can comment. They were probably guilty of whatever they were accused of be it cultist, armed robbers or whatever. But it is in nobody's power to singularly decide they were guilt. Atleast they should be given benefit of doubt. What if one of them was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I bliv the community as a whole should suffer for this. For allowing such to happen in their community. Even the traditional ruler for not being in control of his jurisdiction. And finally the people that participated in the killing.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2012
Today we rode through the new GRA section of ph,(the road linking stadium road and rumuola busstop. I was lost in the kind of mansions springing up in the area, we passed a particular well designed masterpiece bungalow and after inquiry I was told that it belongs to a well known assassin . And I began to wonder what kind of country we have that a known killer moves around and the security agencies are just looking at him. The value of life in this country has become so cheap. When I was a child the news of death was treated as a taboo. But now death is so common we see figures of 5, 15,30 ,50 people dead and it's like we re looking at football match figures. Life is now as cheap as a sachet of pure water. You see the anger, hatred displayed by the aluu people that's due to years of negligence,and insensitivity by a corrupt government. Our leaders think that they are safe, they don't know that they are gradually putting themselves in the line of fire. They have bought jets so that they can quickly escape when that day comes but I tell u there will be no escape for them. Today it's four young boys one day it will be them and when that day comes someone will be planking their heads and others will be posting the pictures on fb and twitter and they will beg for mercy but will get none.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by tpia5: 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2012
It seems to me there were at least two sets of people, or at least two gangs, involved in the killings.

First there was the vigilante group wearing uniforms who beat and tortured the boys, and stripped them naked, telling them to walk arm in arm in groups of two.

The there was an interlude where the boys were forced to sit on the ground and where they seemed to be alternately pleading with their captors, and staring helplessly into space. There were also tires around them at this stage.

The final part, where the boys were killed, seemed to show a different group of killers. These were wearing regular clothes and were the ones engaging in the most sadistic and depraved beatings.

Now, unless the first set of vigilantes went and changed their clothes, or unless not all of them were in mufti to begin with, one may assume the initial vigilantes beat up the boys, stripped them n.aked, and then at a later time, handed them over to a more vicious and brutal set to finish them off.

This is what i would assume, based on current available info.

That last set of killers seem like hardened murderers and psychopaths, and they also seem like people who have killed in that manner before, going by the deadliness and murderous rage displayed by them.

2 Likes

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:11am On Oct 09, 2012
You can read about Lloyd's mum's tell of the Character of Lloyd. I hope God helps her deal with the pain.

Mrs. Jane Toku, The Mother Of Lloyd (One Of The ALUU 4) Expresses Shock

https://www.nairaland.com/1069238/mrs-jane-toku-mother-lloyd#12481703
embarassed
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
I don’t know any of those guys but i just couldn’t eat or sleep well last night after watching that horrific video, i can still see their faces especially chidiaka’s face(when he was hit by that dog that called himself a vigilante member). Here is my verdict. I am tired of hearing stuffs like “13 people have been caught”. The only story that will at least gladden my heart is to see the whole village sacked, the lands should be taken from them and handed over to the family of the victims( I understand Aluu people love lands) and named after those boys as a compensation or better still taken by the government and converted into a cemetery.I want all the faces of those animals pasted all the country for at least a year. Finally, it is now time to see the so called Human right activists pick up this case and clamor for justice without taking as little as a nap until JUSTICE… i mean REAL JUSTICE is done and in public. Their PARENTS must not rest, UNIPORT must not rest, NANS must not rest, MOTHERS must not rest, NIGERIAN YOUTHS must NOT rest,anybody with human blood flowing in his veins and arteries MUST not rest, Mr PRESIDENT i know you have not lost your HUMANITY you MUST not rest too. Let us redeem our Humanity in this part of the world. It must not continue to be a DARK continent……… God I feel like just running out of this country to somewhere ….just anywhere human lives can be held in better esteem. I just can’t stop bleeding in my heart. ALUU community to HELL with all of you,Pathological illiterate land-lovers, go get some education and civility you barbarians, but this time it should be in exile.

1 Like

Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Horus(m): 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
They should offer a reward for anyone who can identify the killers. Security agents have to work harder on this case because the real killers can easily cross the border to another country to escape the justice system. We want results, we want all killers under arrest NOW.
Re: Police Begins Manhunt For Killers Of Uniport Students by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2012
I am still waiting for the guns and the knives that was seized from these boys ooo!!. If you kill a human being like that, no matter guilty he is, you've just made him innocent in the eyes of Sanity. Aluu means abomination in Igbo lang. and that is what that community has just done.ABOMINATION!

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Ahmed Isah Slaps Man He Accused Of "Writing Names Without Permission" / Elvis Otedafe Onojerame Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen In Udu (Graphic Photo) / A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.