Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

*** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** (199860 Views)

My Trip To Ireland Dublin / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / Nigerians In Ireland ''Dublin'' Etc, Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 10:44am On May 01, 2018
nairacountry:

Good move.
By the way, how costly is the current accommodation you are in now? Hotel/short stay etc

Currently staying with family friend. Hotel Accommodation is expensive here and average about 80 euro per night. B&B is about 60 euro per night.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 3:28pm On May 01, 2018
ekpotek:

Yes that true. But the question is do INIS regularly approve extension for visitor visa?

This is not about regularly. It's about law. Boldly written and clear.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Babaelemu: 5:39pm On May 02, 2018
ekpotek:

Currently staying with family friend. Hotel Accommodation is expensive here and average about 80 euro per night. B&B is about 60 euro per night.
what about hostels ?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 5:46pm On May 02, 2018
Babaelemu:
what about hostels ?

You can book hostel on booking.com!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by JandyJ(m): 12:47pm On May 03, 2018
How much is Ireland visit or long term visa
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Taiwofait: 12:17am On May 05, 2018
I’m happy to find this thread.
I have a virgin passport, no travel experience. I wish to travel to Ireland, but the agent is processing tourist visa for me, meanwhile my real intention is to go there to work. I have tried securing an employment from here but I couldn’t. I have a friend who is willing to assist regarding work, but the conditions surrounding it is such that she can only help me with the Job only when I am physically present in Ireland.

My question is...
Can I proceed with going to Ireland with a tourist visa.
When I get to Ireland, will I be allowed to pick up a Job and then proceed with further documentation to enable me stay and work, putting into consideration I will be there on a tourist Visa.
Won’t I be made to return to Nigeria and having to reprocess another visa for work.
Is there any way around this,

Please kindly assist, thank you.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Taiwofait: 12:22am On May 05, 2018
Another question I have is regarding citizenship.

If I’m married to an Irish citizen, and I only possess a tourist visa, is there a chance I can extend my stay on the basis of marriage pending when I can apply for citizenship, provided I can work to support myself.

I am aware I have to stay a couple of years in Ireland before I can apply for citizenship based on marriage,

Kindly help with that too.
Thank you very much.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 5:29am On May 05, 2018
Taiwofait:
I’m happy to find this thread.
I have a virgin passport, no travel experience. I wish to travel to Ireland, but the agent is processing tourist visa for me, meanwhile my real intention is to go there to work. I have tried securing an employment from here but I couldn’t. I have a friend who is willing to assist regarding work, but the conditions surrounding it is such that she can only help me with the Job only when I am physically present in Ireland.

My question is...
Can I proceed with going to Ireland with a tourist visa.
When I get to Ireland, will I be allowed to pick up a Job and then proceed with further documentation to enable me stay and work, putting into consideration I will be there on a tourist Visa.
Won’t I be made to return to Nigeria and having to reprocess another visa for work.
Is there any way around this,

Please kindly assist, thank you.

You cannot work with a Tourist Visa. A visit/holiday/tourist visa is for a short-term stay and will not exceed a maximum of 90 days.

See here for more details http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Visit%20Tourist

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 5:33am On May 05, 2018
Taiwofait:
Another question I have is regarding citizenship.

If I’m married to an Irish citizen, and I only possess a tourist visa, is there a chance I can extend my stay on the basis of marriage pending when I can apply for citizenship, provided I can work to support myself.

I am aware I have to stay a couple of years in Ireland before I can apply for citizenship based on marriage,

Kindly help with that too.
Thank you very much.

You need what is called "Marriage Visa"

See here fore more details: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/visa-short-marry
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dotcomnamename: 5:35am On May 05, 2018
JandyJ:
How much is Ireland visit or long term visa

Ireland visa is not for sale
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by JandyJ(m): 3:08pm On May 05, 2018
dotcomnamename:

Ireland visa is not for sale

Is it free for Nigerians? How can a Nigerian get Ireland visa
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 9:48pm On May 08, 2018
niyogeol:
Thanks for the clarification.

Got my PPS number issued. Expecting my PPS card within this week.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by nairacountry(m): 3:19pm On May 15, 2018
ekpotek:

Got my PPS number issued. Expecting my PPS card within this week.

Congratulations! Keep the flag flying. Are you Dublin based?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 4:45pm On May 16, 2018
nairacountry:

Congratulations! Keep the flag flying. Are you Dublin based?

No. I’m in Waterford.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by nairacountry(m): 8:56am On May 17, 2018
ekpotek:

No. I’m in Waterford.

Oh I see. Will try connect anytime in Waterford. Cheers

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Moriyadisa: 9:32am On May 17, 2018
Evening gurus in the house, please I need advise
Am wanting to apply for a visitors visa with Italian embassy,but my question are
1- what are the necessary documents I need to apply for the visa
2- my best staff for 2017 is also going with me as part of the company promise to always give the best staff two weeks holiday in their choice country
3- apart from my own business am also a Chief operating officer / company secretary of a company which are also willing to sponsor my 14days trip to Italy. I just want a concrete advise to guide me, so to know exactly what to do
Thanks
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by nairacountry(m): 8:52pm On May 17, 2018
Moriyadisa:
Evening gurus in the house, please I need advise
Am wanting to apply for a visitors visa with Italian embassy,but my question are
1- what are the necessary documents I need to apply for the visa
2- my best staff for 2017 is also going with me as part of the company promise to always give the best staff two weeks holiday in their choice country
3- apart from my own business am also a Chief operating officer / company secretary of a company which are also willing to sponsor my 14days trip to Italy. I just want a concrete advise to guide me, so to know exactly what to do
Thanks

Search for Italian visa thread (that's where you meet people with same intentions as yours and those that have been successful in same regard) and ask your question. [/b]This thread is about Irish visa enquiries.[b]
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Moriyadisa: 1:20pm On May 18, 2018
Search for Italian visa thread (that's where you meet people with same intentions as yours and those that have been successful in same regard) and ask your question. [b][/b]This thread is about Irish visa enquiries.

Tnx
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by efizyhenchmen: 3:05am On May 26, 2018
Hello, I wish to have my next child birth in Ireland, I work with one of the PFA and my wife is working in one of the FMC, I need a kind of total cost,-Visa fees,hospital bill and accommodation for such purposes. Thank you.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 5:16pm On May 29, 2018
efizyhenchmen:
Hello, I wish to have my next child birth in Ireland, I work with one of the PFA and my wife is working in one of the FMC, I need a kind of total cost,-Visa fees,hospital bill and accommodation for such purposes. Thank you.

Having a child in Ireland does not confer any benefit to the child, if the parents are visitor visa holder. Infact you will spend on hospitals bills etc. So I would suggest that you aim to have the child in USA or Canada where the child would have automatic citizenship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Seynex01: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2018
@ekpotek

I have an irish niece,whose mother is my elder sister and we lost her to death few years ago....while in the hospital, the welfare officer in charge my sister and her child did sent us(family) invitation letter to come visit her at the hospital. Due to the mix up in process my other sister who was suppose to go was refused visa and my sister in dublin passed on..... My niece is in the forster home, we call her as offten as we can and she misses us alot,cos she is been here in nigeria 3times before her mother became sick and eventually passed away.

How do we get the process done? Your advise will be very appreciated....
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 12:20am On Jun 06, 2018
Seynex01:
@ekpotek

I have an irish niece,whose mother is my elder sister and we lost her to death few years ago....while in the hospital, the welfare officer in charge my sister and her child did sent us(family) invitation letter to come visit her at the hospital. Due to the mix up in process my other sister who was suppose to go was refused visa and my sister in dublin passed on..... My niece is in the forster home, we call her as offten as we can and she misses us alot,cos she is been here in nigeria 3times before her mother became sick and eventually passed away.

How do we get the process done? Your advise will be very appreciated....

How old is your niece now? Does she has an Irish passport? Where is she staying in a foster home? Does the foster parent knows that she has a uncle in Nigeria? What is your economic and social ties to Nigeria. Your honest answers to these questions will enable me to advise better.

1 Like

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Seynex01: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
She is 14 years, yes, she got an irish passport, yes the forster parrent knows, i communicate with her through the foster parent....i am married with kids, i work in a reputable firm. And my niece still have a grandmother, who happens to be my mom. Thanks
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by dordan97: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
ekpotek:

Having a child in Ireland does not confer any benefit to the child, if the parents are visitor visa holder. Infact you will spend on hospitals bills etc. So I would suggest that you aim to have the child in USA or Canada where the child would have automatic citizenship.

why is this so, please can you explain more.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
Seynex01:
She is 14 years, yes, she got an irish passport, yes the forster parrent knows, i communicate with her through the foster parent....i am married with kids, i work in a reputable firm. And my niece still have a grandmother, who happens to be my mom. Thanks

Okay. She is a minor so she cannot invite you. You can apply for a visit visa at INIS website. Request for an invitation letter from her foster parents stating clearly the purpose of the visit and its importance. If there are willing to provide accomodation, they will have to submit utility bills as proof of address, if not book a hotel. The application is online and at the end you will see the list of document to submit with your application. You will need to show evidences of your relationship to your nieces and her mother such photos, letters, emails, death certificate etc. Also you will need to submit bank statement as proof of funds, letter from your work places and documents concerning social life like marriage certificate, kids birth certificate etc.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by KirikiriStar: 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
quote author=dordan97 post=68231823]

[/quote]

All children born to non Irish parents after 1st January 2005 cannot be issued Irish passport.
Ireland has put a stop to the issuance since this date.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Seynex01: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
[quote author=ekpotek post=68232060 my mother has got her (my sister) landed property document with her in which, she filled my name in the document as the next of kin...and also some pictures of my niece with her cousins when she came to Nigeria as i am not in the picture... Will this be good evidence ?

How much should i have in my acct to be issued a visa?

Thanks.

Okay. She is a minor so she cannot invite you. You can apply for a visit visa at INIS website. Request for an invitation letter from her foster parents stating clearly the purpose of the visit and its importance. If there are willing to provide accomodation, they will have to submit utility bills as proof of address, if not book a hotel. The application is online and at the end you will see the list of document to submit with your application. You will need to show evidences of your relationship to your nieces and her mother such photos, letters, emails, death certificate etc. Also you will need to submit bank statement as proof of funds, letter from your work places and documents concerning social life like marriage certificate, kids birth certificate etc. [/quote]
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Seynex01: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
[quote author=ekpotek post=68232060 my mother has got her (my sister) landed property document with her in which, she filled my name in the document as the next of kin...and also some pictures of my niece with her cousins when she came to Nigeria as i am not in the picture... Will this be good evidence ?

How much should i have in my acct to be issued a visa?

Thanks...

Okay. She is a minor so she cannot invite you. You can apply for a visit visa at INIS website. Request for an invitation letter from her foster parents stating clearly the purpose of the visit and its importance. If there are willing to provide accomodation, they will have to submit utility bills as proof of address, if not book a hotel. The application is online and at the end you will see the list of document to submit with your application. You will need to show evidences of your relationship to your nieces and her mother such photos, letters, emails, death certificate etc. Also you will need to submit bank statement as proof of funds, letter from your work places and documents concerning social life like marriage certificate, kids birth certificate etc. [/quote]
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
[quote author=Seynex01 post=68263912][/quote]

Please go to INIS website and read about applying for visitor visa. This will give you an idea of the documentation you need to submit with your application. I can’t give an amount you should have in your account. You have to work out your travel expenses including flight tickets, hotel accomodation, travel insurances, feeding etc.
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by ekpotek: 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
KirikiriStar:

quote author=dordan97 post=68231823]

All children born to non Irish parents after 1st January 2005 cannot be issued Irish passport.
Ireland has put a stop to the issuance since this date.

This is a product of Irish Immigration Act 2004. This is similar to UK immigration Act of 1982. So any child born in Ireland on or after January 2005, will not have automatic citizenship, unless if one of the child parent is
Irish Citizen or about to become one
British Citizen
Non-National with Permanent Residency in Ireland
Non-National with Permanent Residency in the UK
You read more from this link. http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/NoticeCBI.pdf/Files/NoticeCBI.pdf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by KirikiriStar: 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
Please does anyone have affordable accommodation for rent for a mother and her 3 children off Dublin ?
Re: *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
Good day, I want to ask a question. Is ireland part of schengen country. Can i use ireland visit visa to enter France or Germany. Then what is the chance of getting job there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (44) (Reply)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.