Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,963 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

@frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) (10194 Views)

The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

@frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2012
Hi frosbel, for the past few weeks, you have been fighting the "holy war" of anti-trinity. I just wanted to use his opportunity to bring us back to the center of Christianity. The question here is very simple;

Who is Jesus Christ?

Just describe Him for us. I will take for granted that you are a Christian and I will also call you to your own words

1. Words that are not in the Bible may not be used as the basis for explaining central doctrinal beliefs.

2. Using mathematics to describe concepts that when stated clearly defy the laws of mathematics is not allowed.

3. A belief or doctrine may not contain within itself ideas that contradict each other.

4. The word “fully” should be used only in the sense of “100%,” or “completely.” Any other usage of the word defies the English language. Using the word in the first place means the person accepts the standards of English, and it is not allowed that they later defy them.

5. Words may not be created to describe biblical ideas; the Bible provides the words and the ideas.

6. A belief may not be claimed to be so obvious that it is not even mentioned in the Bible, then said to be a central tenet of faith.

7. Defense of a belief should not be based on a verse that is only translated as a defense in a certain version of the Bible. The verse should also not be used if it is shown to be an addition by later writers to the original text.

8. A belief must not be formed through a filter of “the necessity of mystery.” God did not reveal the Word that people should be confused.

9. A belief may not be expounded solely from one book or area of the Bible while the rest offers it no support. Context means the entire Bible, not just the passage of interest.

10. A belief should answer more questions than it raises, biblically speaking.

11. A belief should be congruent with the Old Testament and the New Testament.

12. People should understand what they state as their belief; a book or another person is not a valid “understanding” of what a person believes.

13. Evangelism should not hide the true nature of the belief that is expressed. A person should come to salvation based on a full understanding of what the evangelizer is saying. A person is not to be brought to salvation by one standard, then later shown a more “complete” understanding that is claimed to be essential.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 07, 2012
^^^So frosbel, who is Jesus Christ?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Delafruita(m): 11:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
Mr_Anony: ^^^So frosbel, who is Jesus Christ?
a creation of the romans
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
Delafruita: a creation of the romans
Thanks for stopping by, however I am interested in frosbel's opinion here and not yours. Thanks all the same
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 08, 2012
Let me quote Peter and Nathaniel, since I am in total agreement with their statements.

Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah

13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven - Matthew 16:13-18

New International Version (©1984)
Then Nathanael declared, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel." - John 1:49
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 12:13am On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel: Let me quote Peter and Nathaniel, since I am in total agreement with their statements.

Peter Declares That Jesus Is the Messiah

13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven - Matthew 16:13-18

New International Version (©1984)
Then Nathanael declared, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel." - John 1:49

Thanks, we agree that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Would you mind telling us when the Son of God began to exist?
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ptolomeus(m): 12:23am On Oct 08, 2012
I reminded to be a friend of Frosbel ... after so many fights ...
I hope Fros, and other friends will not be offended but I will give my opinon;

There is no such trinity. The so-called "Trinity", was agreed by the Catholic Church at the Council of Nicea, nearly 300 years after the death of Jesus.
Who was Jesus?
A Jew, practicing the Jewish religion, they just wanted to make some changes in the Jewish religion. Nothing to it. Jesus never sought to create a new religion or a new church. Jsus wanted reestucturar the Jewish church.
Neither trilogy, not a new god ....
A god does not die naked, humiliated, crying, hanging from a cross, praying to their god (the Jewish God), that does not listen.
I hope no one is offended, as this is just my opinion.
Greetings to all!

2 Likes

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Thanks, we agree that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Would you mind telling us when the Son of God began to exist?

Sorry for the late reply , was rather late in the night.

Anyway my answer to your questions is :

Jesus Christ our LORD began to exist as a being , once the process of conceiving was initiated by the Power/Spirit of GOD.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel:

Sorry for the late reply , was rather late in the night.

Anyway my answer to your questions is :

Jesus Christ our LORD began to exist as a being , once the process of conceiving was initiated by the Power/Spirit of GOD.
Lol, I noticed your subtle wordplay there.
The question was: When?

Please show by using a verse of the scripture when the Son of God (a.k.a. The Word) originated. Not when He "began to exist as"
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Please show by using a verse of the scripture when the Son of God (a.k.a. The Word) originated. Not when He "began to exist as"

Can I provide you with just 3 refs ? okay , here goes ;

Matthew 1:18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 139:10 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

Luke 1:35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by truthislight: 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2012
frosbel:

Matthew 1:18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 139:10 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

Luke 1:35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

the question is if JESUS HAD EXISTED BEFOR COMING TO EARTH I THINK.

WE SHOULD ENSURE TO STATE THE TRUTH.

IF YOU HAVE EVIDENCE THAT JESUS HAS NEVER EXISTED IN HEAVEN BEFOR COMING TO EARTH SHOW IT AND LET US LEARN.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Goshen360(m): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
We are waiting for Frosbel, because am getting ready to start another thread with him this week BUT I will wait to see how this one goes. FROSBEL..........Where art thou
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by truthislight: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
Goshen360: We are waiting for Frosbel, because am getting ready to start another thread with him this week BUT I will wait to see how this one goes. FROSBEL..........Where art thou

maybe he is preparing.

But this is a very seriouse matter, so i expect him to take his time to address it.

2 Likes

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by alexleo(m): 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2012
Thank God that people are begining to discorver the satanic manipulation of the scriptures by frosbel.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
truthislight:

the question is if JESUS HAD EXISTED BEFOR COMING TO EARTH I THINK.

WE SHOULD ENSURE TO STATE THE TRUTH.

IF YOU HAVE EVIDENCE THAT JESUS HAS NEVER EXISTED IN HEAVEN BEFOR COMING TO EARTH SHOW IT AND LET US LEARN.

If you had read my previous post you might have understood my point.

Jesus Christ is NOT Angel Michael and therefore existed from time of Birth.

He came as a full MAN , the WORD of GOD incarnated in the flesh and as John says revealed the Son of GOD.

v14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Ubenedictus(m): 2:10am On Oct 09, 2012
frosbel:

If you had read my previous post you might have understood my point.

Jesus Christ is NOT Angel Michael and therefore existed from time of Birth.
here i agree, Jesus isnt angel michael.

He came as a full MAN , the WORD of GOD incarnated in the flesh and as John says revealed the Son of GOD.
u have started dancing

v14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
it seems u jumped i remember that same chapter said "in the begining was the word and the word was with God and the word was God"
frosbel tell me how come "the word was God" and yet u dont think the word was even existing. Another translation says "in the begining the word already existed" the bible contradicts you.
Please tell me you are joking so i can go back to bed.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 5:43am On Oct 09, 2012
frosbel:

@Frosbel, sorry I couldn't reply earlier;

Are you saying that the Son of God (a.k.a. The Word) did not exist until He was conceived in Mary's womb?

Are you saying that Jesus Christ did not come from Heaven but only began to exist about 2000 years ago when He was born?

@Everyone else: Ubenedictus, alexleo, truthislight and Goshen360, please let us give frosbel the benefit of doubt instead of just accusing him. Let frosbel explain himself.

@frosbel; one more thing, please for purposes of this debate, we will only use one translation of the bible which you will choose. This is so that we don't mock God's word by pitting translations against each other. I believe that you hold that the bible is the inerrant word of God and it will be our final authority.

So please name the bible version of your choice and then we can continue.

1 Like

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by italo: 8:45am On Oct 09, 2012
Holy Spirit:  "He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

Frosbel: 'He was never with God in the beginning. Nothing was made through him; without him everything was made that has been made'

Jesus: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Frosbel: 'Jesus is NOT the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.'

Jesus: "Before Abraham was, I AM."

Frosbel: 'Before Abraham was, Jesus NEVER was.'

That is what anti-Catholicism does to a man.

To depart from the truth gradually but eventually leads to anarchy and lunacy and heresy.

The rest of you, beware. Frosbel is not alone in this madness.

1 Like

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 09, 2012
Jesus Christ is the word of God ( REVELATION 19 VS 13 )
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 09, 2012
Mr_Anony:

HE BEGAN TO EXIST FROM THE BEGINING

JOHN 1 VS 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

WHO IS THE WORD THAT WAS WITH GOD FROM THE BEGINING ?

REVELATION 19 VS 13 AND JESUS CHRIST IS THE WORD OF GOD

THATS THAT PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT wink

2 Likes

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2012
italo: Holy Spirit:  "He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

God's WORD which became flesh was in the beginning with GOD , no ?

Also God's wisdom which is a SHE was also with GOD at the beginning , no ?

Okay , let me give you an example .

Blessed are those who find wisdom,
those who gain understanding,
14 for she is more profitable than silver
and yields better returns than gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies;
nothing you desire can compare with her

19 By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations,
by understanding he set the heavens in place;
20 by his knowledge the watery depths were divided,
and the clouds let drop the dew - Proverbs 3

If we use your logic to analyse the scripture above :

1. We will call wisdom a divine being
2. And refer to her as a She

Which means , she must have pre-existed with God and helped him with creation , no ?

Mate , if you cannot perform a thorough bible study on your own, no one can help you.

Relying on church tradition till condemn you to HELL.

Frosbel: 'He was never with God in the beginning. Nothing was made through him; without him everything was made that has been made'

And so was WISDOM, God made everything through HER , no ?

Jesus: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Frosbel: 'Jesus is NOT the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.'

And how does ALPHA and OMEGA make one GOD.

What about 'firstborn from the dead' or 'the beginning of the creation of GOD' , should we overlook these terms used to describe Jesus.

What about Jesus calling GOD his GOD , should we just skip over this and render it's meaning irrelevant.

The Catholic church is a habitual LIAR , forger and possesses the spirit of the antiChrist , that has an immense disdain for everything relating to GOD.

Again, the result of poor study.

In Hebrew culture, to say that you are before someone means that you are greater than them , and even if we take this literally , was it not GOD who was speaking through Christ Jesus, was God not one with his SON through HIS Spirit.

I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it - John 12:49

Should we then throw away half of the bible that says GOD is ONE , just to please the PAGAN catholic church.

I say God forbid.

I am anti-catholic till death

To depart from the truth gradually but eventually leads to anarchy and lunacy and heresy.

You mean truths , like praying with a Pagan rosary , chanting to dead saints, a gibberish of a mass, sun worship and all that pagan stuff.

No Sir.

Let me remain a heretic.

Jesus is LORD, GOD is ONE and the Catholic Church is the HARLOT Church not the real one.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2012
Mr_Anony:
@Frosbel, sorry I couldn't reply earlier;

Are you saying that the Son of God (a.k.a. The Word) did not exist until He was conceived in Mary's womb?

God's WORD has always existed with HIM since and before the foundation of the WORLD.

The WORD became Flesh in the form of the SON of GOD and was manifested to the WORLD.

Let us see how John puts it.

Are you saying that Jesus Christ did not come from Heaven but only began to exist about 2000 years ago when He was born?

The Origin of Christ is from Heaven, indeed this WORD before becoming flesh was with GOD at the very beginning, without this WORD, nothing was made that has been made .

[size=9pt]@frosbel; one more thing, please for purposes of this debate, we will only use one translation of the bible which you will choose. This is so that we don't mock God's word by pitting translations against each other. I believe that you hold that the bible is the inerrant word of God and it will be our final authority.

RSV and the NIV should suffice.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by italo: 10:12am On Oct 09, 2012
@ Frosbel,

Not to worry, everyone can clearly see who is the habitual liar, forger and antichrist.

*smiles*

Meanwhile continue wrestling with the Holy Spirit:

italo: Holy Spirit:  "He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2012
italo: @ Frosbel,

Not to worry, everyone can clearly see who is the habitual liar, forger and antichrist.

*smiles*

Meanwhile continue wrestling with the Holy Spirit:

I was in that church for many years and it almost destroyed me, SATAN himself owns the vatican , google it grin
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by italo: 11:13am On Oct 09, 2012
frosbel:
I was in that church for many years and it almost destroyed me, SATAN himself owns the vatican , google it grin

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2012

Which means , she must have pre-existed with God and helped him with creation , no ?

Mate , if you cannot perform a thorough bible study on your own, no one can help you.

What about 'firstborn from the dead' or 'the beginning of the creation of GOD' , should we overlook these terms used to describe Jesus.

What about Jesus calling GOD his GOD , should we just skip over this and render it's meaning irrelevant.

The Catholic church is a habitual LIAR , forger and possesses the spirit of the antiChrist , that has an immense disdain for everything relating to GOD.

In Hebrew culture, to say that you are before someone means that you are greater than them , and even if we take this literally , was it not GOD who was speaking through Christ Jesus, was God not one with his SON through HIS Spirit.

I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it - John 12:49

Should we then throw away half of the bible that says GOD is ONE , just to please the PAGAN catholic church.

I say God forbid.

You mean truths , like praying with a Pagan rosary , chanting to dead saints, a gibberish of a mass, sun worship and all that pagan stuff.

No Sir.

Let me remain a heretic.

Jesus is LORD, GOD is ONE and the Catholic Church is the HARLOT Church not the real one.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by ijawkid(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
frosbel:

I say God forbid.

No Sir.

Let me remain a heretic.

I just asked ubenidictus to explain what Jesus being the 1st born of all creation means...he said 1st born there means pre-eminence... Trinitarians say that “first-born” here means prime, most excellent, most distinguished; thus Christ would be understood to be, not part of creation, but the most distinguished in relation to those who were created. If that is so, and if the Trinity doctrine is true, why are the Father and the holy spirit not also said to be the firstborn of all creation? But the Bible applies this expression only to the Son. According to the customary meaning of “firstborn,” it indicates that Jesus is the eldest in Yahweh’s family of sons.

Before Colossians 1:15, the expression “the firstborn of” occurs upwards of 30 times in the Bible, and in each instance that it is applied to living creatures the same meaning applies—the firstborn is part of the group. “The firstborn of Israel” is one of the sons of Israel; “the firstborn of Pharaoh” is one of Pharaoh’s family; “the firstborn of beast” are themselves animals. What, then, causes some to ascribe a different meaning to it at Colossians 1:15? Is it Bible usage or is it a belief to which they already hold and for which they seek proof?

Then how do we explain Jesus being the 1st born from the dead...

Did Jesus escape death??wasn't Jesus part of the Family of all those who tested death and indeed die??...and ofcus we know Yahweh isn't part of that group.....

Trinitarians just twist words to suit there beliefs even when the truth is staring right in there faces.....

3 Likes

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
frosbel:

God's WORD has always existed with HIM since and before the foundation of the WORLD.

The WORD became Flesh in the form of the SON of GOD and was manifested to the WORLD.

Let us see how John puts it.

The Origin of Christ is from Heaven, indeed this WORD before becoming flesh was with GOD at the very beginning, without this WORD, nothing was made that has been made .

RSV and the NIV should suffice.
Ok good, so you agree that the Word was with God from the beginning. In other words, it is the same person, all that happened was that He took on another form i.e. the form of a man.
So I am right in saying that the Son (also known as the Word) has been existing from the begining.

Now my question to you is: Do you agree that the Word is eternal (i.e. has neither beginning nor end)?

If you agree that the Word exists eternally, then my next question would be: doesn't this mean that the Word is God? (remember that God by definition is the One who is from everlasting to everlasting)

If you disagree that the Word is eternal, then you will have to show us from scripture where God created the Word (i.e where the Word came into existence) or where the scripture hints that the Word can be destroyed (or cease to exist).
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Ok good, so you agree that the Word was with God from the beginning. In other words, it is the same person, all that happened was that He took on another form i.e. the form of a man.
So I am right in saying that the Son (also known as the Word) has been existing from the begining.

God's WORD which he used to create the world has always been with him as his WORD , not a being.

Now my question to you is: Do you agree that the Word is eternal (i.e. has neither beginning nor end)?

Indeed as GOD is eternal with neither beginning nor end , so is his WORD.

If you agree that the Word exists eternally, then my next question would be: doesn't this mean that the Word is God? (remember that God by definition is the One who is from everlasting to everlasting)

I am assuming by WORD you mean WORD in the actual sense, in which case I concur.

If you disagree that the Word is eternal, then you will have to show us from scripture where God created the Word (i.e where the Word came into existence) or where the scripture hints that the Word can be destroyed (or cease to exist).

God's WORD is eternal.
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Enigma(m): 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
@ Mr Anony

Sorry for butting in (and hope I do not derail the discussion) but the following questions are "asking to be asked" following our friend's posts! smiley

God's "Word" is "Word" in the actual sense"!

God's "Word" became flesh ---- in Jesus, as I understand our friend.

OK then:

When God's "Word" had become flesh in Jesus, did God have any other "Word" or "Words"?

During Jesus' baptism (when Jesus was already God's "Word" in the flesh) God was heard saying "words" "This is my beloved Son etc": are these "words" of God "words in the actual sense"? Are these God's "words" different from God's "Word"?

If God's "Word" had already become flesh, how and where did God then find another "word" or other "words" to speak afterwards?

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
Enigma: @ Mr Anony

Sorry for butting in (and hope I do not derail the discussion) but the following questions are "asking to be asked" following our friend's posts! smiley

God's "Word" is "Word in the actual sense"!

God's "Word" became flesh ---- in Jesus, as I understand our friend.

OK then:

When God's "Word" had become flesh in Jesus, did God have any other "Word" or "Words"?

During Jesus' baptism (when jesus was already God's "Word" in the flesh) God was heard saying "words" "This is my beloved Son etc": are this "words" of God "words in the actual sense"? Are these God's "words" different from God's "Word"?

If God's "Word" had already become flesh, how and where did God then find another "word" or other "words" to speak afterwards?

cool

We are waiting for you HERE
Re: @frosbel, Who Is Jesus Christ? (re: A Proposition For Theological Debate) by MrAnony1(m): 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
frosbel:

God's WORD which he used to create the world has always been with him as his WORD , not a being.

Indeed as GOD is eternal with neither beginning nor end , so is his WORD.

I am assuming by WORD you mean WORD in the actual sense, in which case I concur.

God's WORD is eternal.

By God's Word, I mean exactly the same as God's Son.

If you agree that the Word became flesh i.e took on a human form, then I hold that the Word is the same as Christ i.e. Jesus Christ is the Word in human form.

If on the other hand, you say that the Son is not the same as the Word, then you will be saying that Christ is not the Word i.e. Christ is not the personification of God's Word but rather was spoken into existence (created by the Word)

As it stands here, It is either the Word became flesh and walked among us (Jesus Christ) and after His time on earth, went back to being eternal

or if you insist that the Word is in the sense of actual words, then you must hold that: Christ is not the Word but that God brought Christ into existence by His Word.

Over to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / Anyone Help With Rituals, Ife,juju,black Magic Etc. / Spiritual Benefits Of Bitter Kola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.