Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Atikus Comment About Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atikus Comment About Biafra (1825 Views)

What Someone Said About Buhari's Comment About Nigerians / What FFK Said About Biafra On Twitter / Northern Elders Fault Jonathan’s Comment About Statesmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atikus Comment About Biafra by bashr8: 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
Speaking at a recent Leadership Newspapers Awards event held at Abuja and reported by Thisday Newspaper of September 19th 2012, Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar reportedly stated as follows.

“[size=20pt]I want to recall that during the 1994-95 Constitutional Conference, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, the Second Republic vice-president of this federation, introduced and canvassed for the concept of geopolitical zones.

“I was among those who opposed it because I thought that Ekwueme, coming from the defunct Republic of Biafra, wanted to break up the country again.

“Now, I realise that I should have supported him because our current federal structure is clearly not working. Dr. Ekwueme obviously saw what some of us, with our civil war mindset, could not see at the time. There is indeed too much concentration of power and resources at the centre.

“And it is stifling our march to true greatness as a nation and threatening our unity because of all the abuses, inefficiencies, corruption and reactive tensions that it has been generating.
[/size]
“There is need, therefore, to review the structure of the Nigerian federation, preferably along the basis of the current six geopolitical zones as regions and the states as provinces.

“The existing states structure may not suffice, as the states are too weak materially and politically to provide what is needed for good governance.”

God indeed have blessed igbo leaders with wisdom and foresight but our fellow nigerian are too tribalistic to see that .
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by sbeezy8: 12:00am On Oct 08, 2012
didnt awo say the same about regions but remaining in nigeria?
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Eziachi: 12:05am On Oct 08, 2012
sbeezy8: didnt awo say the same about regions but remaining in nigeria?

If he did, why throw Aburi accord into the Lagoon and advised very young and in-experience Gowon against it?

2 Likes

Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by bashr8: 12:07am On Oct 08, 2012
Eziachi:
If he did, why throw Aburi accord into the Lagoon and advised very young and in-experience Gowon against it?
dont mind him ,common sense is not always common
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by inspirenet: 12:30am On Oct 08, 2012
smiley
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by sbeezy8: 12:35am On Oct 08, 2012
Eziachi:

Go and ask him- do you have a jobs of some sort? an occupation are gainfully employed? you too old to be on internet day n night
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by cjrane: 12:42am On Oct 08, 2012
Thank Almighty Allah that you have seen the light.
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by bashr8: 12:42am On Oct 08, 2012
sbeezy8:

Go and ask him- do you have a jobs of some sort? an occupation are gainfully employed? you too old to be on internet day n night
and you have a job abi
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by kettykin: 1:02am On Oct 08, 2012
sbeezy8:

If not for people like him your lies and falacies would have gone on uncheckmated

2 Likes

Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by naijaking1: 1:45am On Oct 08, 2012
Why did these people develop 20/20 vision about government only when they leave office
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by EkoIle1: 2:33am On Oct 08, 2012
bashr8: Speaking at a recent Leadership Newspapers Awards event held at Abuja and reported by Thisday Newspaper of September 19th 2012, Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar reportedly stated as follows.

“[size=20pt]I want to recall that during the 1994-95 Constitutional Conference, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, the Second Republic vice-president of this federation, introduced and canvassed for the concept of geopolitical zones.

“I was among those who opposed it because I thought that Ekwueme, coming from the defunct Republic of Biafra, wanted to break up the country again.

“Now, I realise that I should have supported him because our current federal structure is clearly not working. Dr. Ekwueme obviously saw what some of us, with our civil war mindset, could not see at the time. There is indeed too much concentration of power and resources at the centre.

“And it is stifling our march to true greatness as a nation and threatening our unity because of all the abuses, inefficiencies, corruption and reactive tensions that it has been generating.
[/size]
“There is need, therefore, to review the structure of the Nigerian federation, preferably along the basis of the current six geopolitical zones as regions and the states as provinces.

“The existing states structure may not suffice, as the states are too weak materially and politically to provide what is needed for good governance.”

God indeed have blessed igbo leaders with wisdom and foresight but our fellow nigerian are too tribalistic to see that .

Your leaders are the dumbest people in the world.

We had regional system of government before, your dumb ibo leaders got rid of it and send the power to the center

Ekwueme was around so what did he do? Nothing

Ekwueme was the vice president with shagari and he enjoyed power and trappings of the same center but he voiced no objection to the power he enjoyed in the center and all the looting and corruption that came with it.

Y'all little ibo kids need to learn your history before opening mouth..

....listening to Atiku of all people it's even more nauseating...
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by eunisam: 2:44am On Oct 08, 2012
na today? Na now wey break?
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Standing5(m): 3:45am On Oct 08, 2012
bashr8: Speaking at a recent Leadership Newspapers Awards event held at Abuja and reported by Thisday Newspaper of September 19th 2012, Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar reportedly stated as follows.

[/size]

What you are celebrating with the bold part above is what the Yorubas and by extension West were talking of when they were skeptical about union Nigeria between 1957 and 1960. If Igbo had any foresight, they wouldn't be in Nigeria today as they should have voted against it, Ekueme was merely recycling some old cliche from the West and Atiku was only being the Normal hungry and politically savy person his people are known to be.
I don't know why the empty barrel has to play the old music the loudest though. . . SMH

1 Like

Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by CyberG: 5:47am On Oct 08, 2012
Come see ibos celebrating the very THING Chief Awolowo told the whole world and fought for before independence! The backstabber and saboteur ibo man Zik went behind Awolowo to make alliance with Ahmadu Bello calculating that by cheating Chief Awolowo, the iboz will be the beneficiaries after independence. The iboz new the Hausas were less educated and less interested in all these ambitious things they talked about: running railways systems, airport, ports, government parastatals, education, etc and they took advantage until the tides turned and then, they pretentiously went to kill the leaders of the Hausas. They story continues but I will do that on another thread.

The only reason ibos are celebrating here is because Atiku, clearly being disingenuous here, is massaging the empty ibo ego. And see, you folks are quoting him, bolding the statements like it is some new revelation. Meanwhile, you can never smell the position Atiku knows he will use you to obtain for himself and foster the same structure that encourages and preserves corruption in Nigeria. iboz never learn!

2 Likes

Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Eziachi: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2012
sbeezy8:

I thought that you had started a discussion, suddenly my personal affair is now your main issue of concern.
I can be on the internet 24/7 if I wish, as I had been working for the past 40 years plus, trained up my children. I now had time on my hand. You should be giving yourself that advise as you haven't even started crawling yet.

5 Likes

Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Desola(f): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
CyberG: Come see ibos celebrating the very THING Chief Awolowo told the whole world and fought for before independence! The backstabber and saboteur ibo man Zik went behind Awolowo to make alliance with Ahmadu Bello calculating that by cheating Chief Awolowo, the iboz will be the beneficiaries after independence. The iboz new the Hausas were less educated and less interested in all these ambitious things they talked about: running railways systems, airport, ports, government parastatals, education, etc and they took advantage until the tides turned and then, they pretentiously went to kill the leaders of the Hausas. They story continues but I will do that on another thread.

The only reason ibos are celebrating here is because Atiku, clearly being disingenuous here, is massaging the empty ibo ego. And see, you folks are quoting him, bolding the statements like it is some new revelation. Meanwhile, you can never smell the position Atiku knows he will use you to obtain for himself and foster the same structure that encourages and preserves corruption in Nigeria. iboz never learn!

OPOLO!!

1 Like

Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Ngodigha1(m): 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Desola:

OPOLO!!
How are you Ashii?.
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by aljharem(m): 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
CyberG: Come see ibos celebrating the very THING Chief Awolowo told the whole world and fought for before independence! The backstabber and saboteur ibo man Zik went behind Awolowo to make alliance with Ahmadu Bello calculating that by cheating Chief Awolowo, the iboz will be the beneficiaries after independence. The iboz new the Hausas were less educated and less interested in all these ambitious things they talked about: running railways systems, airport, ports, government parastatals, education, etc and they took advantage until the tides turned and then, they pretentiously went to kill the leaders of the Hausas. They story continues but I will do that on another thread.

+1000000
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by 9jaIhail(m): 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ngodigha1:
How are you Ashii?.

LOL LEAVE HER SHE HAVE FINALLY FIND LOVE IN NAIRALAND ONE BUSH MAN CALL HIMSELF PROF CORRUPTION HAS WON THE RIGHT TO DIG THE DIRT HOLE CALL DESOLA. PROBABLY SHE MUST BE ENJOYING HER HONEY MOON ON TOP OF AMALA AND HOT STINKING EWEDU SOUP
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by GhostFaceKiller: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2012
WAIT...

The Ibos wanted out . Nigeria said no. The Ibos never attcked Nigeria. Nigeria attacked Biafra. In the process of "defending the colonial map's integrity" a massacre of genocidal proportions was carried out on innocent women and children by the Nigerian Army.

Please tell me am dumb but where is the logic or moral ground to declare the Ibos and their Biafran dream an act of hostility when they never attacked Nigeria but pulled out when their kinsmen where being slaughtered like sheep allover the country.

Finally, a word of reason. Because your fathers were morally corrupted, stupid and full of hate for the Ibos in 1967 does not in anyway justified your continued view of the Ibo people.

History they say is written by the victorious but the truth will always find a way to come out.

3 Likes

Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by AustineE1: 10:59pm On Oct 08, 2012
Why do i ve this believe that most yorubas are insecured,at every mention of the genocidal Awolowo(whom i honestly think shld ve faced war-crime tribunal, even at death! ),they come ranting like castrated dogs!however long justice and truth is suppressed,it must some day come hurting the perpetrators!...the sand of history is filled with foot steps of noble Igbo men whom their actions and words will always remain indelible in Nigerian!

1 Like

Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Desola(f): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2012
Austine.E:
Why do i ve this believe that most yorubas are insecured,at every mention of the genocidal Awolowo(whom i honestly think shld ve faced war-crime tribunal, even at death! ),they come ranting like castrated dogs!however long justice and truth is suppressed,it must some day come hurting the perpetrators!...the sand of history is filled with foot steps of noble Igbo men whom their actions and words will always remain indelible in Nigerian!

...and what the 'f' are you lot gonna do about the so-called revelation? Isn't it a shame that you lot have waited this long to ever address this issue and even more pathetic that you wait for your crippled uncle who clearly has lot his marbles and not to mention him being the greatest coward still existing. It is astounding how your ilk go around calling the ethnic group that brought your silly existence to its knees 'coward' when your stupid crippled uncle couldn't even muffle a word in the life and time of Awo the great. You lot are what we called 'eran iya' in Yoruba land because no matter how much you are beaten, you would always come back for more. You are all goats and should not described as humans but wild, unyielding animals. That is what you all are.

I keep saying to Yorubas to stop this 'omoluabi' bullshit and start inventing clever policies to oust you all out. I am glad that Fashola is gradually coming to that realisation. I think you are at the end of your tethers now. Not only will you lot be shish kebabed in the North but your day of reckoning is drawing closer in the west and that is a day I shall relish in.
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by JoannaSedley(f): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2012
i can only believe that these two groups hate each others when they start killing corp members sent to their region; so you people should continue yarning and spewing poisonious trash until one young disoriented assshole takes matters into his/her ungodly hands OR let start sowing seeds of harmony.
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by aljharem(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2012
Joanna Sedley: i can only believe that these two groups hate each others when they start killing corp members sent to their region; so you people should continue yarning and spewing poisonious trash until one young disoriented assshole takes matters into his/her ungodly hands OR let start sowing seeds of harmony.

so all the yorubas and other nigerians killed and eaten in abia, Ebonyi and co is not yet an indication ? shocked cry cry
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by JoannaSedley(f): 10:46am On Oct 09, 2012
Desola:

...and what the 'f' are you lot gonna do about the so-called revelation? Isn't it a shame that you lot have waited this long to ever address this issue and even more pathetic that you wait for your crippled uncle who clearly has lot his marbles and not to mention him being the greatest coward still existing. It is astounding how your ilk go around calling the ethnic group that brought your silly existence to its knees 'coward' when your stupid crippled uncle couldn't even muffle a word in the life and time of Awo the great. You lot are what we called 'eran iya' in Yoruba land because no matter how much you are beaten, you would always come back for more. You are all goats and should not described as humans but wild, unyielding animals. That is what you all are.

I keep saying to Yorubas to stop this 'omoluabi' bullshit and start inventing clever policies to oust you all out. I am glad that Fashola is gradually coming to that realisation. I think you are at the end of your tethers now. Not only will you lot be shish kebabed in the North but your day of reckoning is drawing closer in the west and that is a day I shall relish in.
can't believe you are a lady; inciting this type of hatred and bitterness in this section
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by JoannaSedley(f): 10:49am On Oct 09, 2012
alj harem:

so all the yorubas and other nigerians killed and eaten in abia, Ebonyi and co is not yet an indication ? shocked cry cry

then seccede or you retaliate. Happy am not part of the two groups. So much HATred DAMNN
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Desola(f): 11:27am On Oct 09, 2012
Joanna Sedley: can't believe you are a lady; inciting this type of hatred and bitterness in this section

Get over it and deal with your definition of a lady, already!
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by redsquare(m): 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2012
alj harem:

What of the 100's of Igbos and other Nigerians killed and used to appease your useless gods in Osun,Oyo,Ogun,Ondo and Ekiti? U be real ODE.
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
alj harem:

EWU haram, this is the only part you will reply and then show your stewpid bigotry life
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Awake9ja(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
yorubas ryt now want regional integration. but during Obj when they control power they dont speak about that. why?

ibos cry foul after 1966 coup but before then all is well. why?

hausa/fulanis wanted out before and after independent when they are miles away from power but now they are agent of one nigeria. why?

we have wrong three major tribes in nigeria and they 3 are our problems.
Re: Atikus Comment About Biafra by Awake9ja(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2012
ok here the fulani man is pointing out the mistake they make by voting down a good idea bcuz of who said it and the tribe he came from.

yet we have many yorubas here doing them same tin just bcuz the fulani man points out his mentor,

if there is any region that needs regional integration i think it is the west bcuz they need to recover lagos from the ibos that are not even fightin for it.

my point is that good idea is good no matter who said it.

and yorubas should try setling their prob wit the ibos. its obvious that wheb ever anytin good about ibos is raised, the yorubas get workedup, why.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s New ‘first Lady’ / SPECIAL REPORT: As Lagos Sets To Venture Into Oil And Gas / APC/PDP May Merge To Fight NCP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.