Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? (14539 Views)

How Old Were You When You First Made Love And.... (18+) Only / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 7 Things That Show You're Old Enough, Ready For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by MyneWhite1(f): 7:18am On Oct 08, 2012
16, 17, 19, 21, 25?

Someone said - well, 19 is too young. I got married at 22, I have 3 kids and to be honest I blame my husband for so many things. No 1, I did not reach my full potential. For crying out loud I had 8As in secondary school!!!! in uni I was just ordinary and struggling. I love my kids and I love my husband, if I could turn back time, I would wait at least 4 years before marrying my hubby. To be honest my parents, grandparents, uncles and aunties asked me to wait but I refused and married with my big head. This is my story, others may have a different experience.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/10/how-old-is-too-young-to-get-married.html
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by gunners160(m): 7:20am On Oct 08, 2012
i dnt know i 2 wants 2 know d inital age 2 get married.pls married men and women help we o lol
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by k2039: 7:25am On Oct 08, 2012
[size=13pt]IMHO,I think fifty years(50)
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 08, 2012
I'll say WHEN YOU'RE READY..

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Adufaye(m): 7:52am On Oct 08, 2012
89yrs wil b okay

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by wirinet(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2012
Myne White: 16, 17, 19, 21, 25?

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/10/how-old-is-too-young-to-get-married.html

Someone said - well, 19 is too young. I got married at 22, I have 3 kids and to be honest I blame my husband for so many things. No 1, I did not reach my full potential. For crying out loud I had 8As in secondary school!!!! in uni I was just ordinary and struggling. I love my kids and I love my husband, if I could turn back time, I would wait at least 4 years before marrying my hubby. To be honest my parents, grandparents, uncles and aunties asked me to wait but I refused and married with my big head. This is my story, others may have a different experience.

i do not believe there is a particular age for a lady to get married, it should depend on the objectives and aims of the lady. Different ladies are in different situations, some find love early, some have build careers and need to settle down, others are old and past child bearing age and just need companionship.

You are in fact very lucky that you found love early. If you are truly brilliant as you say, you should finish having children by age 30 and get an education, by 35 you should have gotten a degree and started a career. By 45, you should be way above your peers, socially and professionally, and you children will almost be independent. I have seen many women follow this route.

6 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Adanyebe(m): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2012
as soon as you begin to spot ur erogenous zones grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by siddiq202(m): 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
IMHO As soon as you pass puberty stage.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by emenim(m): 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
To be honest with you Nairalanders, once you you get your first degree, oya do not waist time, because it could be dangerous to wait a little longer
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ah, because you're regretting that you got married at 22 don't make that a Bad age for Marriage.

I'd say when you're ready. It generally varies. undecided
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by emenim(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
Well, the truth is that mid twenties is very much appropriate for the women, because they are like flowers very tender and time do flies more for them.

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
If you're Blessed and you're ready why not, But if you wanna marry make sure you're financially Bouyant, Because it won't be nice if you called ur wife τ̅☺ Suffer it won't be Fair and the innocent unborn Children, Life is tough but those Kids Should Enjoy it even if you and I don'τ̅, And Make Hay while Sun Shines......Time waits for no One.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2012
acidosis™:
I'll say WHEN YOU'RE READY..
exactly!

3 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
Age has nothing to do with marriage,it has to do with maturity,when a person is matured,without being taught it will happen naturally.most people feel that when they've a small money,next thing is marriage,a person aside finance,must be ready mentally,and spiritually.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2012
I'd say 25,26 for females and maybe 27/28 for males.
Except otherwise...

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by aned: 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
All u need is maturity,not age.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by duality(m): 3:42pm On Oct 08, 2012
k2039: [size=13pt]IMHO,I think fifty years(50)
[/size]

bros change your font; it's difficult to read.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Ashawoboi: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2012
AS FOR ME NA WHEN PEPE DON REST, ABI U WAN SUFFER?

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Alaafialoro(m): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
Age should never determine when to get married but maturity,finances and readiness to take up responsibility should.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by AizekB(m): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
Any man dat says until he got to d age of 30, 32 or 35 dats is to tel u dat it is poverty dat is brethin through him. Ideal from 21 to 25 is okay
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by nomshu(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2012
As long as u have a strong spanner and your transformer can carry the charges.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by DANILSA(m): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2012
wirinet:

i do not believe there is a particular age for a lady to get married, it should depend on the objectives and aims of the lady. Different ladies are in different situations, some find love early, some have build careers and need to settle down, others are old and past child bearing age and just need companionship.

You are in fact very lucky that you found love early. If you are truly brilliant as you say, you should finish having children by age 30 and get an education, by 35 you should have gotten a degree and started a career. By 45, you should be way above your peers, socially and professionally, and you children will almost be independent. I have seen many women follow this route.
100 likes

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by God2man(m): 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2012
Yomieluv: Age has nothing to do with marriage,it has to do with maturity,when a person is matured,without being taught it will happen naturally.most people feel that when they've a small money,next thing is marriage,a person aside finance,must be ready mentally,and spiritually.

Exactly, but there should be age bracket, 25-35.

God2man.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by saintdoh: 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
I think for the men 32years and for the ladies 24years.

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Cupidkc(m): 4:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
When you're matured enough and can cater for yourself and your family.
Marriage is for men...not boys.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Kaggs2003: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
Adufaye: 89yrs wil b okay
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by mrperfect(m): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
There is no standard for that.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Ebonykayomoba: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Yomieluv: Age has nothing to do with marriage,it has to do with maturity,when a person is matured,without being taught it will happen naturally.most people feel that when they've a small money,next thing is marriage,a person aside finance,must be ready mentally,and spiritually.
Don't go marry a 15yr old o, b/c he/she acts maturedly. Abeg mid-twenties is ☺ķªª¥.i feel a lady Ƌ̲ä† gets married Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋☺ early is more fσя̩̥̊ selfish reasons dan L♥√ع.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by simple2626(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
Am a guy and I got married at 22, so it depends on individual and maybe ur level of maturity, income and exposure
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by reeeT(f): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:
Age should never determine when to get married but maturity,finances and readiness to take up responsibility should.
.totalli agree with you.age is not the deal but the ability to be responsible,ready and mature enough.
Re: How Old Is Old Enough For Marriage? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
simple2626: Am a guy and I got married at 22, so it depends on individual and maybe ur level of maturity, income and exposure

... or lack of exposure.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must Your First Love Be Your True Love ? / Photo : Guys Be Careful "See What This Nigerian Girl Was Caught Doing" / 99 Per Cent Of Africa Girls with Big Stomach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.