Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee (32639 Views)

Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 / What Is The Best Way To Fire An Employee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by acidtalk: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2012
There's a very BIG difference between an Entrepreneur and an Employee. In life we make our choices to decide where we want our current actions to lead us to in future.

Below are the Major differences they won't teach you in school.

* An Entrepreneur decides his future, profit, time, happiness, duties and a whole lot of others. While on the other hand, an Employee allows his boss to decide his income, time, schedule and sometimes even happiness.

* An Entrepreneur craves for Freedom while an Employee craves for Security. Don't forget the people in prisons are the ones provided with the maximum security. Meaning while an Entrepreneur is Absolutely free in his decisions and movements, an Employee his restricted in his.

* An Entrepreneur pays himself first before being is rents, suppliers, tax, salaries and wages, bills and others, while on the other hand, an Employee is being paid last (salary) at the end of the month.

* An Entrepreneur is some cases are the last to arrive at his place of work and the first to leave. While employees are always the first to arrive and definitely the last to leave.

* Entrepreneurs decide the feature of their workers I.e, working hours, salary, benefits, queries, assignments etc. The Employees sit down and let a fellow man decide how the feature looks like.

* The 80/20 Principal : The Entrepreneur just does 20% of the total work of his organization but takes home 80% of the profit at the end of the day. While on the other hand, the employee who does 80% of the work takes home only 20% of the profit.

* While the Entrepreneur HATES weekends, public holidays and nonworking days and always look forward to mondays and working days, the employee on the other hand looks for to weekends, public holidays, strikes etc, and usually hates sunday evenings and the break of each morning.

* Entrepreneurs are risk takers who have dared to thread the path other are scared of which have made them stronger, more experienced and determined. On the other hand, Employees are scared to take risk for fear of failure which have made them to be timid, extremely humble, uncertain and most times unhappy.

* Entrepreneurs main aim is to make Profit. When, how, or who will get the job done is mostly not his concern. All that's matters to him is to make Profit and all cost. The Employees on the other hand bothers himself about when, how and who will get the job done but all is looks forward to is the 'fixed' salary he gets at the end of the day.

* Entrepreneurs most times are not willing to part with any amount on paying a staff (salary)except of course they are sure of making 10times in value and profit from such staff. Employees should realize no matter how much they are getting as salary, they are being payed way below the value they are adding to the organization.

16 Likes

Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by acidtalk: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2012
You can also follow this very useful threads :

* Entrepreneurs Manual (advice on how to start your business, develop ideas and keep going in business)

https://www.nairaland.com/987784/entrepreneurs-manual

* Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? (real life stories of what has kept people going inspite of the challenges they face in business)

https://www.nairaland.com/987294/entrepreneurs-what-kept-going

* A Letter To All Job Seekers

https://www.nairaland.com/1064304/letter-all-job-seekers

* Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You

https://www.nairaland.com/1006584/clear-signs-know-boss-fire

* How Did You Get Your Present Job? (Ideas on how to apply and get a job).

https://www.nairaland.com/982475/how-did-get-present-job

* Things You Should Never Do At Your Work Place

https://www.nairaland.com/1031359/things-should-never-work-place

1 Like

Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2012
my oh my!!

Point number 2 is enough reason for a freedom-seeking man to resign/retire..!

#still reading..
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by acidtalk: 11:46am On Oct 08, 2012
acidosis™:
my oh my!!

Point number 2 is enough reason for a freedom-seeking man to resign/retire..!

#still reading..

Sure it is.
But unfortunately, most people keep screaming "I need job security" instead of them shouting "thank God I have job Freedom".

1 Like

Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Wislet(f): 11:50am On Oct 08, 2012
paapa, how u dey?
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 08, 2012
The last point is a fact!

BUT

not applicable to many civil servants especially at the state and local government level in Nigeria.. those guys work less than they get..infact some don't even have a office space..

3 Likes

Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by acidtalk: 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
Wislet: paapa, how u dey?

*Asko* Leave me alone joh!
Shebi you said you won't marry me.
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by acidtalk: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2012
acidosis™:
The last point is a fact!

BUT

not applicable to many civil servants especially at the state and local government level in Nigeria.. those guys work less than they get..infact some don't even have a office space..

You are right. But don't also forget the government still under pay civil servants compared to the wasteful spending spree they enjoy every passing second of each day.

The civil servants enjoy such priviledge because we run a corrupt system where 100 people are being employed to do a job of 5 people based on the (padi padi level).

If the government really wants to curb corruption and wasteful spending, I assure you more than 70% of the total federal, state and local government workers will roam they labour market because they are currently being paid for doing Absolutely nothing.
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Wislet(f): 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2012
acidtalk:

*Asko* Leave me alone joh!
Shebi you said you won't marry me.
lmao grin
ask nicely. LOOOOL
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by acidtalk: 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
Wislet: lmao grin
ask nicely. LOOOOL

My cream, chocolate, vanilla, caramel, candy. Will you marry me?
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Goldieluks: 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by acidtalk: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
Goldieluks: undecided undecided undecided

Oh No!
What are you doing here? Are you not meant to be in shop at this time?
Don't feel jealous I was only teaching her how to propose to her boyfriend.

I will be with you soon. Oya go and wait for me in the beer parlour -

https://www.nairaland.com/965174/romantic-beer-parlour-anything-fit
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Wislet(f): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
acidtalk:

My cream, chocolate, vanilla, caramel, candy. Will you marry me?
wen i neva see ya pichas?
NO grin
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Goldieluks: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
Me? Wait for you? Ayam taken. angry
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Wislet(f): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
acidtalk:

Oh No!
What are you doing here? Are you not meant to be in shop at this time?
Don't feel jealous I was only teaching her how to propose to her boyfriend.

I will be with you soon. Oya go and wait for me in the beer parlour -

https://www.nairaland.com/965174/romantic-beer-parlour-anything-fit
lmao.
Clown.
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Goldieluks: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2012
[size=2pt]oya carry your yansh come beer parlor now.[/size] angry
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
Goldieluks: Me? Wait for you? Ayam taken. angry
taken?? by who?? I never knew oo smiley
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
@Wislet, why did you turn a business thread to a romantic cubicle??
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by honeric01(m): 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2012
Nicely put, though some points aren't "strong enough" but they qualify to be points.

Some typos too but still cool, not easy to be an entrepreneur but once you find your feet, the sky remains your starting point.
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Obinoscopy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
@Wislet, @Goldieluks, @Acidtalk (OP) u guys are derailing this thread. angry
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by acidtalk: 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
Obinoscopy: @Wislet, @Goldieluks, @Acidtalk (OP) u guys are derailing this thread. angry

My BEST moderator on nairaland.
Sorry sir, been corrected.
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2012
Nice thread adding again to my portfolio
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by vxtr(m): 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2012
Thumbs up acidtalk, ve been following some of your recent post on entrepreneurship,nice one keep it up. Let me also contribute by saying an entrepreneur's most important task is creating high quality stable jobs esp in this recession era while an employee is only interested in seeking out jobs that offer better remunerations. So ultimately the entrepreneur aims at financial freedom while the employee job security.
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by TheMan3: 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2012
An employee says tgif, an Entrepreneur says tgim.

2 Likes

Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by obowunmi(m): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2012
An entrepreneur is different from a small business owner.

An entrepreneur last to arrive and first to leave? Really....that's a lie.
An entrepreneur pays himself first? LIE.

2 Likes

Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by chucky234(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2012
Employee will never build an empire with his job and that's why you can never find an employee in the list of world richest men.
If you want to build an empire then do away with your job mentality and get yourself some entrepreneurial skills.
J. = Just
O = Over
B = Boarder
From the above job simply means just over the boarder,in other word you are just over the boarder of unemployed people.
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by IykeD(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2012
Nice stuff!
Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by Emmy9ite(m): 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2012
you are so on point. an employee is always shouting TGIF 'thank God its friday' while an entrepreneur is always planning for the week ahead.

1 Like

Re: Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee by solomto(f): 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2012
Nice thread bt u guys are derailing it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! / How I Chose The Wrong Job / Dragnet/mtn 2017: Invite For Simulation Assessment Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.