Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Nollywood Or Igbowood? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Or Igbowood? (17528 Views)

Which One Would You Rather Spend Hours Watching: Nollywood Or Bollywood? & Why? / Ije! Nollywood Or Hollywood ? / Nollywood Or Bollywood, Where Are The Most Beautiful Actresses ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by vicade(m): 8:58pm On May 08, 2008
romeo:

Are they part of Nollywood or do they have their own "wood"? as in Tadewood or Tundewood cheesy cheesy

Dis people sef!!

i think they should have their own wood cos nollywood is full of a lot of crap and more crap.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 9:06pm On May 08, 2008
vicade:

i think they should have their own wood because nollywood is full of a lot of crap and more crap.

what would be the name of the wood?
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by vicade(m): 9:13pm On May 08, 2008
cant it just be called wood cool cool
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 9:19pm On May 08, 2008
No it can't just be called WOOD

something must be attached to the wood! but i am surprised i do not know a shit about this people u just named or are they just another bunch of backyard directors that want to make the gullible minds think they are very good? abeg they are all crap and what they all churn out is crap
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by vicade(m): 9:22pm On May 08, 2008
Do u watch nigerian movies ? if you do then you will know TADE OGIDAN AND TUNDE KELANI are in a class of their own compared to all those clowns in the nigeriam movie industry.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 9:29pm On May 08, 2008
Then that's a positive thing about Nollywood or don't you think so? make we just send dem igbowood guys back to villa cheesy
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by lucabrasi(m): 3:35am On May 09, 2008
vicade:

Nollywood or Igbowood? nice one

what i know for sure is that TADE OGIDANS OGD pictures and TUNDE KELANIS MAINFRAME pictures make the best movies in Nigeria by a wide margin. i could name a lot of their movies that other nollywood flicks don't come close.

i think quality and not quantity is priority.
vicade:

i think they should have their own wood because nollywood is full of a lot of crap and more crap.
i agree that the nollywood people are churning out a load of substandard works,but i dont think everyone going on their own will solve the problem but for the professionals to be allowed to do their thing, there are a lot of very talented people who cut across hausa,ibo,yoruba and who are still very relevant in the industry but have been frustrated because of the non professionals taking over, for a tunde kelani who i agree is a genius theres amaka igwe who is equally a genius as well and in the beginning of nollywood ,all these people were working together and growing untill the alaba people stepped in and other issues like yeye actors/actresses,emergency producers e.t.c
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 9:36am On May 09, 2008
lucabrasi:

i agree that the nollywood people are churning out a load of substandard works,but i don't think everyone going on their own will solve the problem but for the professionals to be allowed to do their thing, there are a lot of very talented people who cut across hausa,ibo,yoruba and who are still very relevant in the industry but have been frustrated because of the non professionals taking over, for a tunde kelani who i agree is a genius theres amaka igwe who is equally a genius as well and in the beginning of nollywood ,all these people were working together and growing untill the alaba people stepped in and other issues like yeye actors/actresses,emergency producers e.t.c

There is no Genius in the Nigerian film industry! they are all quacks
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by Mustay(m): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2008
But what really is the definition of Nollywood or the Origin?
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by tpia: 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2008
Mustay:

But what really is the definition of Nollywood or the Origin?

you took the words right out of my mouth.

Hollywood: a city in California, USA.  There's a tree known as Holly which could be the origin of the name.
In any case, Hollywood is an actual geographical location. Wood means forest, as we all know.

Nollywood:

Bollywood: 

Gollywood: 

Kannywood:

my own wood na Tollywood. or Tipollywood.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by lase: 12:44am On Jul 19, 2008
cadet, i'm so feeling u, boringhood.thats it, grin
the storylines all fall down to love, isn't that boring wachin different movies talking bout the same thing, ggggeeez, and no one shud say anything bout the action cuz its nuffin to write nor tlk about, so does drop it.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by maddoxoj(m): 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2009
I just stumbled on this thread while chilling on another juicier thread. I can't believe anyone is busy posting on this thread (just like I can't even understand how anyone can watch ANY Nigerian movie at all, wether Igbowood, Arewawood or Owambewood). It's no longer news that some people from other tribes gripe when they see Igbos excel in any venture. Anyone wey no like, stop watching Igbowood movies and go watch real-life Arewawood where they slaughter people on the streets of Bauchi and Jos like sallah ram. Bulls***. F***ing, trifling, jealous bigots. You'll never catch me on this thread again, not even in a casket. Anyone with a brain should just forget wasting their time here and spend it on something else worthwile. I'm outta here.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by Afam4eva(m): 12:03am On Mar 12, 2009
Chei, Igbo people don suffer for this life. Now it's a crime to be successful in what you're doing.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by Afam4eva(m): 12:07am On Mar 12, 2009
tpia:

you took the words right out of my mouth.

Hollywood: a city in California, USA.  There's a tree known as Holly which could be the origin of the name.
In any case, Hollywood is an actual geographical location. Wood means forest, as we all know.

Nollywood:

Bollywood: 

Gollywood: 

Kannywood:

my own wood na Tollywood. or Tipollywood.

There's a tree in Enugu called Nolli, i guess that's where the name came from.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by MrCrackles(m): 12:10am On Mar 12, 2009
Which one be IGBOWOOD again? shocked

I tire oo!
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by obinna5000(m): 8:29am On Mar 12, 2009
Nollywood (or whatever name its called) movies are a piece of crap and totally meaningless.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by lucabrasi(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2009
afam4eva:

Chei, Igbo people don suffer for this life. Now it's a crime to be successful in what you're doing.
please dont insult your ethnicity by connecting them to the monumental farce and failure called igbowood,where exactly will you start to measure the sucess??
maddoxoj:

I just stumbled on this thread while chilling on another juicier thread. I can't believe anyone is busy posting on this thread (just like I can't even understand how anyone can watch ANY Nigerian movie at all, wether Igbowood, Arewawood or Owambewood). It's no longer news that some people from other tribes gripe when they see Igbos excel in any venture. Anyone wey no like, stop watching Igbowood movies and go watch real-life Arewawood where they slaughter people on the streets of Bauchi and Jos like sallah ram. Bulls***. F***ing, trifling, jealous bigots. You'll never catch me on this thread again, not even in a casket. Anyone with a brain should just forget wasting their time here and spend it on something else worthwile. I'm outta here.
im sorry sir/ma but i ll advice you to remove the tribal or ethnic bias and look at the issues constructively and objectively, tribalism has destroyed everything in nigeria,lets kick it out of nollywood
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by shezy(f): 8:30am On Mar 13, 2009
nigerians u na go copy die
do you know why hoollywood is called that name?
because the land was full of holly trees.so is the nigeria nollywood full of nolly trees?
stupied set of people.
i prefer reasonable yoruba films to those love in cup,love is mad,love and crazy,ho my love, i love him,the war
of love films from nollywood
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by asha80(m): 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2009
Lagos blinds many people and makes them (residents) highly ignorant.

What is the difference btw 'nollywood' and yoruba movies?
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by disease(m): 3:33pm On Mar 13, 2009
Na true. What's the difference between NOLLYWOOD and YORUBA MOVIES? undecided To me, the two are useless.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by lucabrasi(m): 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2009
shezy:

nigerians u na go copy die
do you know why hoollywood is called that name?
because the land was full of holly trees.so is the nigeria nollywood full of nolly trees?
stupied set of people.
i prefer reasonable yoruba films to those love in cup,love is mad,love and crazy,ho my love, i love him,the war
love me jeje,love is a game blood is love grin grin grin
asha 80:

Lagos blinds many people and makes them (residents) highly ignorant.

What is the difference btw 'nollywood' and yoruba movies?
here we go again,so nollywood is only ascribed to yoruba movies??lol
disease:

Na true. What's the difference between NOLLYWOOD and YORUBA MOVIES? undecided To me, the two are useless.
they are coming out of the wood works,
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 6:33pm On Mar 13, 2009
lucabrasi:

please dont insult your ethnicity by connecting them to the monumental farce and failure called igbowood,where exactly will you start to measure the sucess??im sorry sir/ma but i ll advice you to remove the tribal or ethnic bias and look at the issues constructively and objectively, tribalism has destroyed everything in nigeria,lets kick it out of nollywood

I wonder. Most of the people defending Nollywood dont even watch the movies, they're just defending it for pride sake

shezy:

True Talk
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2009
LoL@ Yoruba movies!! Like if they are not editing and producing their movies in Nigeria cheesy cheesy. Yoruba movies are crap!!!
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 7:31pm On Mar 13, 2009
romeo:

Like if they are not editing and producing their movies in Nigeria cheesy cheesy. Yoruba movies are crap!!!

Na English be this?

Story-wise they are much more enjoyable. Whether you agree, means nothing. Sorry. wink
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by Mortiple(m): 7:40pm On Mar 13, 2009
Since Hollywood got its name from a tree, I suggest Ndigbo should name their film industry NGWOWOOD or NKWUWOOD. Ngwo is Rafia Tree while Nkwu is Palm Tree. Both are all over Igbo land in large proportions. Igbo Kwenu!
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by AloyEmeka9: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2009
I wonder. Most of the people defending Nollywood dont even watch the movies, they're just defending it for pride sake
And you that is always jumping around like obere ashawo scandalizing Nollywood, don't you have something else to do apart from wasting your time updating your head with crappy movies from nollywood?. Have you finished all the top Hollywood movies on the shelf?. It still doesn't make sense to me how you watch and update yourself with something you detest so much.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 7:55pm On Mar 13, 2009
Na your mama be obesere ashewo

Did I mention you or why are you stalking me up and down?

Those of us who watch these things have the right to talk about them, not you frauds that just defend movies for tribal sake.

I warn you now, stop bothering me. Asinwin.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by AloyEmeka9: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2009
Na your mama be obesere ashewo
I said obere ashawo and not obesere ashawo.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2009
DeReloaded:

Na English be this?

Story-wise they are much more enjoyable. Whether you agree, means nothing. Sorry.  wink

you are such a foolish idiot!! Fool, English language is for communication and you understood my point. Who told you i am from London City? Twerp, the number of languages i speak and understand by far out numbered your pubic hair.

Useless Yorubawood champion.

Who told you i care if you watch Nollywood or not. Dumb ass.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by AloyEmeka9: 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2009
The girl is a piece of work. Another example of failed parentage among Nigerians living abroad. She said nobody cares about your opinion as if we care for hers. If only parents living abroad should stop working too much overtime and take some time and train their kids, we wouldn't be having these dimwits showcasing their lack of home training online.
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by DeReloaded: 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2009
Lmao look at outburst on top simple question. adodi ranu.

once again oga romeo, was that English?  grin
Re: Nollywood Or Igbowood? by romeo(m): 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2009
Ewu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBN All Stars Housemate, Ilebaye, Issued A Double Strike / Tunde Kelani’s ‘Ayinla’ Movie To Hit Cinemas On June 18 / Prison Break Season 5 (Resurrection)- Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.