Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

GT BANK New Website Look. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / GT BANK New Website Look. (12306 Views)

Why Can,t I Use My Gt Bank Atm Master Card To Make Payment / Access Bank's New Sharepoint Powered Website Review / Zenith Bank's New Website (2) (3) (4)

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2012
Another reason why I am not comfortable with doing anything online with any of these banks. If you like call am FirstBank or GTBank or even the dumbest of them all UBA, I won't do anything online shikena! At least not for now.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 09, 2012
I visited the website and this is what I got:

Error loading component: com_content, 1
JERROR_ALERTNOTEMPLATE
MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.title_alias, a.introtext, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.catid, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, CASE WHEN a.modified = 0 THEN a.created ELSE a.modified END as modified, a.modified_by, uam.name as modified_by_name,CASE WHEN a.publish_up = 0 THEN a.created ELSE a.publish_up END as publish_up,a.publish_down, a.images, a.urls, a.attribs, a.metadata, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.access, a.hits, a.xreference, a.featured, LENGTH(a.fulltext) AS readmore,CASE WHEN badcats.id is not null THEN 0 ELSE a.state END AS state,c.title AS category_title, c.path AS category_route, c.access AS category_access, c.alias AS category_alias,CASE WHEN a.created_by_alias > ' ' THEN a.created_by_alias ELSE ua.name END AS author,ua.email AS author_email,contact.id as contactid,parent.title as parent_title, parent.id as parent_id, parent.path as parent_route, parent.alias as parent_alias,ROUND(v.rating_sum / v.rating_count, 0) AS rating, v.rating_count as rating_count,c.published, CASE WHEN badcats.id is null THEN c.published ELSE 0 END AS parents_published FROM i21cm_content AS a LEFT JOIN i21cm_categories AS c ON c.id = a.catid LEFT JOIN i21cm_users AS ua ON ua.id = a.created_by LEFT JOIN i21cm_users AS uam ON uam.id = a.modified_by LEFT JOIN ( SELECT contact.user_id, MAX(contact.id) AS id, contact.language FROM i21cm_contact_details AS contact WHERE contact.published = 1 GROUP BY contact.user_id, contact.language) AS contact ON contact.user_id = a.created_by LEFT JOIN i21cm_categories as parent ON parent.id = c.parent_id LEFT JOIN i21cm_content_rating AS v ON a.id = v.content_id LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT cat.id as id FROM i21cm_categories AS cat JOIN i21cm_categories AS parent ON cat.lft BETWEEN parent.lft AND parent.rgt WHERE parent.extension = 'com_content' AND parent.published != 1 GROUP BY cat.id ) AS badcats ON badcats.id = c.id INNER JOIN i21cm_content_frontpage AS fp ON fp.content_id = a.id WHERE a.access IN (1,1) AND CASE WHEN badcats.id is null THEN a.state ELSE 0 END = 1 AND (a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_up <= '2012-10-09 08:51:19') AND (a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_down >= '2012-10-09 08:51:19') GROUP BY a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.title_alias, a.introtext, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.catid, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, a.created, a.modified, a.modified_by, uam.name, a.publish_up, a.attribs, a.metadata, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.access, a.hits, a.xreference, a.featured, a.fulltext, a.state, a.publish_down, badcats.id, c.title, c.path, c.access, c.alias, uam.id, ua.name, ua.email, contact.id, parent.title, parent.id, parent.path, parent.alias, v.rating_sum, v.rating_count, c.published, c.lft, a.ordering, parent.lft, fp.ordering, c.id, a.images, a.urls ORDER BY fp.ordering, a.created DESC LIMIT 0, 4 MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.title_alias, a.introtext, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.catid, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, CASE WHEN a.modified = 0 THEN a.created ELSE a.modified END as modified, a.modified_by, uam.name as modified_by_name,CASE WHEN a.publish_up = 0 THEN a.created ELSE a.publish_up END as publish_up,a.publish_down, a.images, a.urls, a.attribs, a.metadata, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.access, a.hits, a.xreference, a.featured, LENGTH(a.fulltext) AS readmore,CASE WHEN badcats.id is not null THEN 0 ELSE a.state END AS state,c.title AS category_title, c.path AS category_route, c.access AS category_access, c.alias AS category_alias,CASE WHEN a.created_by_alias > ' ' THEN a.created_by_alias ELSE ua.name END AS author,ua.email AS author_email,contact.id as contactid,parent.title as parent_title, parent.id as parent_id, parent.path as parent_route, parent.alias as parent_alias,ROUND(v.rating_sum / v.rating_count, 0) AS rating, v.rating_count as rating_count,c.published, CASE WHEN badcats.id is null THEN c.published ELSE 0 END AS parents_published FROM i21cm_content AS a LEFT JOIN i21cm_categories AS c ON c.id = a.catid LEFT JOIN i21cm_users AS ua ON ua.id = a.created_by LEFT JOIN i21cm_users AS uam ON uam.id = a.modified_by LEFT JOIN ( SELECT contact.user_id, MAX(contact.id) AS id, contact.language FROM i21cm_contact_details AS contact WHERE contact.published = 1 GROUP BY contact.user_id, contact.language) AS contact ON contact.user_id = a.created_by LEFT JOIN i21cm_categories as parent ON parent.id = c.parent_id LEFT JOIN i21cm_content_rating AS v ON a.id = v.content_id LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT cat.id as id FROM i21cm_categories AS cat JOIN i21cm_categories AS parent ON cat.lft BETWEEN parent.lft AND parent.rgt WHERE parent.extension = 'com_content' AND parent.published != 1 GROUP BY cat.id ) AS badcats ON badcats.id = c.id INNER JOIN i21cm_content_frontpage AS fp ON fp.content_id = a.id WHERE a.access IN (1,1) AND CASE WHEN badcats.id is null THEN a.state ELSE 0 END = 1 AND (a.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_up <= '2012-10-09 08:51:19') AND (a.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR a.publish_down >= '2012-10-09 08:51:19') GROUP BY a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.title_alias, a.introtext, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.catid, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, a.created, a.modified, a.modified_by, uam.name, a.publish_up, a.attribs, a.metadata, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.access, a.hits, a.xreference, a.featured, a.fulltext, a.state, a.publish_down, badcats.id, c.title, c.path, c.access, c.alias, uam.id, ua.name, ua.email, contact.id, parent.title, parent.id, parent.path, parent.alias, v.rating_sum, v.rating_count, c.published, c.lft, a.ordering, parent.lft, fp.ordering, c.id, a.images, a.urls ORDER BY fp.ordering, a.created DESC
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2012
me i get this

Database connection error (2): JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_CONNECT_MYSQL
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by ochizo(m): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2012
Yea...GTBank website has always bin on Joomla but the Online Banking doesn't sit there. As a technical and web developer I prefer the old as its was more professional and straight to point. More work needs to be done. My Joomla sites wont even this kind of link "http://gtbank.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46:airline-ticket-payment&catid=41:e-banking-services&Itemid=296" ... WAT!!!
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2012
*dhtml:
I laff in boko. It will be very easy to bomb that website!
And also Haram all monetary transactions to a faraway Swiss acc in the Swiss Alps...e go too sweet
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2012
53cur3m0d3:
And also Haram all monetary transactions to a faraway Swiss acc in the Swiss Alps...e go too sweet
That goes without saying, you will just hear i am running for the presidential election come 2015!
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2012
using a 3rd party script with it's full source code available to everyone.

well, they are going to be the first test case for every newly discovered joomla vulnerability
just sit and watch.

I will advice the general public to stay off using the internet banking link from this newly uploaded crap
anyone who gains access to the server will definitely not deface it, they will just modify the internet banking link to point to their own server, and they could mirror all internet banking processes including the token digit collection process, given the attacker is readily online and able to use the token seconds after it was supplied

gtb, u fall ma hand.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by souleymon(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2012
Error 404 showing some pages

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:20am On Oct 09, 2012
*dhtml:

That goes without saying, you will just hear i am running for the presidential election come 2015!
And I'll be the Governor,Central Bank of Nigeria...good to get a quote from a guru like U
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by netghost: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2012
bigtt76: C.R.A.P ....I'm sure it was designed by one of them 1st Class Computer Science Graduate they're always looking for NONSENSE! After dem go begin de cry say omo boys don hack den site. How can you use Joomla ...OpenSource design corporate website and leave behind the default Administrator link intact? Any good Joomla user will jst 'smell' its presence and get down to work.

The painful part of it all is how the banks' Information Security Audit and Control departments are always fussy about any third party platform for payment collection as if the whole world would come down yet ordinary website ....ordinary website ooooooooooooooooooo <holding hands akimbo) GTBank never fit design shoooooo!

Abeg first OP ....hope no bi der u de work sha.....kindly convey our 'good' thoughts yaaa!

You lack proper I.T reasoning , i still do not understand why some myopic reasoning programmers tend to believe that opensource is just another way of saying a tool is unstable, regardless of the technology you apply when developing an application, open or close , the security or stability of the app or website is only as good as the programmers knowledge...

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 10:28am On Oct 09, 2012
netghost:

You lack proper I.T reasoning , i still do not understand why some myopic reasoning programmers tend to believe that opensource is just another way of saying a tool is unstable, regardless of the technology you apply when developing an application, open or close , the security or stability of the app or website is only as good as the programmers knowledge...

I concur wit U boss but the problem I've wit the stuff is why on earth 'd they leave an administrator link on a page generally accessible to every Tom,Dik and Harry
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by netghost: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2012
53cur3m0d3:
I concur wit U boss but the problem I've wit the stuff is why on earth 'd they leave an administrator link on a page generally accessible to every Tom,Dik and Harry

moronic web developer i guess...LOL
even if he has no programming skills i heard there's a plugin for joomla that hides that, don't know how true that is , i do not use joomla and i dont think i ever will
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by DualCore1: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2012
netghost:

The difference between opensource and closedsource (custom coding): Zero-day exploits.

And as Webdezzi has stated. A zero day exploit will conveniently be used to change the internet banking link on the homepage of that site to point to a phishing site. It does not matter if it takes Joomla 30 minutes to fix a zero-day exploit and if it takes GTBank 10 seconds to apply the patch. 30 minutes, 10 seconds is enough time to have tunneled a good number of innocent internet banker's info into a phishing site's database.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by netghost: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2012
Dual Core:

The difference between opensource and closedsource (custom coding): Zero-day exploits.

And as Webdezzi has stated. A zero day exploit will conveniently be used to change the internet banking link on the homepage of that site to point to a phishing site. It does not matter if it takes Joomla 30 minutes to fix a zero-day exploit and if it takes GTBank 10 seconds to apply the patch. 30 minutes, 10 seconds is enough time to have tunneled a good number of innocent internet banker's info into a phishing site's database.

i completely agree with you... that's why all banks should have people constantly checking for flaws and correcting them without having to rely on the content developer
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 09, 2012
All i need do is to place a virus silently on the website to collect the transactions that take place on the site, then i go chop billions and become cbn chairman!
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by netghost: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2012
*dhtml:
All i need do is to place a virus silently on the website to collect the transactions that take place on the site, then i go chop billions and become cbn chairman!

LMAO... long time
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by lifestyle1(m): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2012
Open source or closed source any can be owned if need be. undecided Joomla3 is gonna be cool.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by lifestyle1(m): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2012
*dhtml:

Easier said than done. undecided
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 09, 2012
Why did they include language option when the function doesn't work? It baffles me how incomplete Nigeria website can be, always! They should address something about the graphic quality of the flash images too.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by davies123: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2012
surveycash: WoW! I never knew joomla can do this. I need trainings that will show me how to do this. Anyone care to help?
I'm a guru with Joomla!and can teach u,i ve used to build a govt website,www.ptdf.gov.ng and scores of other professional websites
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
life_style:

Easier said than done. undecided
Lol, dont take me too seriously, i am a terrible coder (cannot even hack the least insecure site sef)
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
I think drupal would have been the best option..security -wise
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
*dhtml:

Lol, dont take me too seriously, i am a terrible coder (cannot even hack the least insecure site sef)
The truth is that planting virus into corporate website is not as easy as it seems. The vulnerability of such websites depend on those handling the security side. Indeed, it will be difficult than you expect. On the other hand most of the workers at the servers are usually responsible for most of the stolen corporates data.

I would be glad to see what you can do and prove us wrong. I don't settle for simple use of utilities to plant Spam or virus to manipulate people but codes which can ghostly penetrate through security systems.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 09, 2012
I am not planning to hack their site o (public record).
Even if I plan to attempt, I will not likely disclose my techniques in the open nao?
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by dnative(m): 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
if they have an application firewall (a NetScaler for instance) in front of the web servers, may not be that straightforward to take advantage even when the exploits are there on the web pages/scripts being served. Not excusing these vulnerabilities as acceptable though especially on an online bank system, just saying there may be additional layers of security preventing any real harm - though chances are they don't if they can't cover up such an obvious one.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by mcfranc(m): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
bigtt76::

Abeg first OP ....hope no bi der u de work sha.....kindly convey our 'good' thoughts yaaa!
I don't work for GT or neither am i affiliated with them in any way. I just like the aesthetics of the site. It appears the site is still under construction and this is very unprofessional of the web masters to have made it public not considering security issues and many other vital details. Sites of this magnitude (whether it is open source or not) requires great deal of securities. Why should the developers make it public when they have not completed the site? Using Joomla (open source) is not the issue here because security can be enforced. Overall, i think i like the GUI. The back office? not good enough...
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by mcfranc(m): 1:15pm On Oct 09, 2012
It appears GT is following this thread, the site is now reverted to its old status - http://gtbank.com. Why show us "small" when u know say u never finish?
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by dnative(m): 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
The webmaster must be nuts to have cut over a prod site to dev Techies lose their jobs for something less serious
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by wisemikky(m): 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
@bigtt76, what do you do for a living?
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
They are using Babelfish for the language translation. And the most appalling thing it is not functioning.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2012
*dhtml:
But boss,how many U wan chop togeda na?we don gree say me go be CBN #1...
Anyways,thank God they're followin the thread before som crazy mopol attackers(they kno demselves) go on a hackin spree..
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2012
netghost:

moronic web developer i guess...LOL
even if he has no programming skills i heard there's a plugin for joomla that hides that, don't know how true that is , i do not use joomla and i dont think i ever will
I can't just wait for slyr0x to get here.wat 'll he say sef other than hiss at the developers?it's only a matter of self-discipline and restraint that won't make one take apart that side.I hope som som teams in Bangladesh aren't already unpackin their weapons for a GTBank assault

Vps Server Hosting Fully Managed Servers / Patrick Ogidi: Real Or Scam?? / 7 Tips For Selecting Your Domain Name

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58