Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,747 members, 7,806,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun (3218 Views)

Rescue Nigeria, Save Us From Another Civil War, Igbo Leaders Tells Buhari / Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) / Ojukwu Was Forced To Defend His People, Says Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by muystoy(m): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2012
Home⁠ > ⁠News⁠ > ⁠Metro⁠ > Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, says Ofeimun

Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, says Ofeimun  

Published on October 8, 2012 by   ·   39 Comments

Poet, literary and social critic Mr Odia Ofeimun has said Biafran war leaders should be sent to the Nuremberg Trial for crime against humanity.

He said those leaders are supposed to be tried for deceiving the Igbos to fight a war they were not prepared for.

Ofeimun said this yesterday at Freedom Park, Lagos while reacting to the controversy stirred by Chinua’s Achebe’s latest war memoir, There Was A Country.

Ofeimun was a guest at the Book Party organised by The Committee For Relevant Art, CORA.

According to him, “the Igbo leaders who deceived their people to fight the civil war without arms and ammunition should be tried for crimes against humanity. They were not prepared for the war, yet they made use of their propaganda machine to deceive the igbos to fight the war.
“They didn’t tell their people the true situation of things. Chief Obafemi Awolowo met Odumegwu Ojukwu and told him, ‘My friend you are not prepared for the war.’”
Odia also said Achebe is too serious a writer to be involved in such a controversy., adding that the author of the popular novel, Things Fall Apart, left so many things unsaid in the book.

In his latest book, Achebe claims that former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, retd., and the then Federal Commissioner for Finance, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, used starvation as a weapon of war which caused the death of over two million Igbo people.

Here’s an excerpt from the book that has stirred the heated debate:

“It is my impression that Awolowo was driven by an overriding ambition for power, for himself and for his Yoruba people. There is, on the surface at least, nothing wrong with those aspirations. However, Awolowo saw the dominant Igbo at the time as the obstacles to that goal, and when the opportunity arose – the Nigeria-Biafra War – his ambition drove him into a frenzy to go to every length to achieve his dreams. In the Biafran case, it meant hatching up a diabolical policy to reduce the number of his enemies significantly through starvation – eliminating over two million people, mainly members of future generations.”

The book has sparked reactions from former Aviation Minister, Mr Femi Fani-Kayode, who said though the issue of starvation which led to the death of millions of children was true, there is more to it.

“It is wrong for him (Achebe) to blame only Gowon and Awolowo for the starvation of innocent civilians. Achebe should have recorded that Ojukwu contributed to that because the Federal Government then made a proposal to open a food window so as to save civilians, but Ojukwu rejected it,” Fani- Kayode said.

The Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, through its National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, also described Achebe’s statement as not just unfortunate but also capable of triggering war.

The National Publicity Secretary of the Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, Sani said though Achebe is entitled to his opinion, it is conventional in a war situation to do everything possible to enable you win such a war.

Former Governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju, said anybody who doesn’t like what Achebe has written could go to court and file an action for libel.

An avowed Awoist and Commissioner for Information in Ekiti State, Mr. Funminiyi Afuye, in his reaction said Achebe hasn’t been able to come out of the deep frustration of the fact that a Yoruba man emerged as the first Nigerian winner of the Nobel Prize In Literature.

One time governor of Enugu State and former National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Okwesilieze Nwodo, said what Achebe wrote in his new book was a fact.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Callotti: 8:24am On Oct 09, 2012
Who cares?
Serves them right! kiss
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by MightySparrow: 8:59am On Oct 09, 2012
It seems to me that Achebe is speaking out igbo' s mind about the yoruba nation. Yorubas should be cautious of supporting an igbo man for presidency he may be coming for a revenge. Yorubas think o

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by osaxx: 9:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
YOrubas are known to be betrayals......the truth is better, even awolowo can attest to that...yoruba people owe nigerian many apology for their existence.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by T9ksy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
osaxx:
YOrubas are known to be betrayals......the truth is better, even awolowo can attest to that...yoruba people owe nigerian many apology for their existence.

Can you buttress the bolded part of your asinine post above, with irrefutable fact/s?

As for apology, I will advice you as a "nigerian" not to hold your breadth as we yorubas ain't about to apologise to

anyone in that dumb contraption anytime soon or in the future, for breathing.

Geez.......you guys are just unbelievable.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by debetmx(m): 9:38am On Jun 18, 2013
osaxx:

Yes did Ifeajuna not betray the Yoruba man (Ademoyega) went he ran away to Ghana?

Did the ikemba not betray Biafra when he ran way with his family members dressed like a woman in the middle of the night?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 18, 2013
According to him, “the Igbo leaders who deceived their people to fight the civil war without arms and ammunition should be tried for crimes against humanity. They were not prepared for the war, yet they made use of their propaganda machine to deceive the igbos to fight the war.
“They didn’t tell their people the true situation of things. Chief Obafemi Awolowo met Odumegwu Ojukwu and told him, ‘My friend you are not prepared for the war.’”

Odia also said Achebe is too serious a writer to be involved in such a controversy., adding that the author of the popular novel, Things Fall Apart, left so many things unsaid in the book.

Biafran agenda was/is a fraud fashioned by Ojuku and sold to his gullible followers which led to unnecessary loss of lives .

5 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 18, 2013
They are still as gullible as ever....

Just promise them another bridge across the river Niger......pronto they've fallen in queue to vote for you.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by bloggernaija: 10:17am On Jun 18, 2013
I wonder how a whole nation would allow themselves to be taken into a war by a 30 yr old kid .

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Balkan(m): 10:44am On Jun 18, 2013
MY fELLOW IGBO MEN AND WOMEN ON NL. I WILL ADVICE YOU ALL NOT TO COMMENT ON THIS THREAD. THIS OILSOUP PEOPLE ARE FOND OF BRINGING THIS KIND OF TREAD. JUST IGNORE THE POSTER AND HIS POST

THANKS
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2013
Balkan: MY fELLOW IGBO MEN AND WOMEN ON NL. I WILL ADVICE YOU ALL NOT TO COMMENT ON THIS THREAD. THIS OILSOUP PEOPLE ARE FUND OF BRINGING THIS KIND OF TREAD. JUST IGNORE THE POSTER AND HIS POST

THANKS

Gbagaunnnnnnnn....!!!! cheesy grin cheesy...next time write 'fond'.....graduate of Nekede... tongue

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:52am On Jun 18, 2013
There is an error in the name of the author. It's Ofeimanu, not Ofeimun
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: There is an error in the name of the author. It's Ofeimanu, not Ofeimun

Mr Mbu...NL in-house comedian....you are the only one that enjoy your comedy on NL...

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 18, 2013
Balkan: MY fELLOW IGBO MEN AND WOMEN ON NL. I WILL ADVICE YOU ALL NOT TO COMMENT ON THIS THREAD. THIS OILSOUP PEOPLE ARE FUND OF BRINGING THIS KIND OF TREAD. JUST IGNORE THE POSTER AND HIS POST

THANKS

Does Odia Ofeimun sounds like yoruba name to you ?

ilugunboy:
Gbagaunnnnnnnn....!!!! cheesy grin cheesy...next time write 'fond'.....graduate of Nekede... tongue

The dundee will still end up writing "FOUND" next time .

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by debetmx(m): 11:06am On Jun 18, 2013

THANKS

I only responded to what your fellow people from the illusion land of the rising sun (people who eat stone without drinking water) said about us. We have a right of defence who know.
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by IGBOSON1: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2013
debetmx:

Yes did Ifeajuna not betray the Yoruba man (Ademoyega) went he ran away to Ghana?

Did the ikemba not betray Biafra when he ran way with his family members dressed like a woman in the middle of the night?

^^^You've obviously fallen for his baiting haven't you? Any discerning mind would understand you don't blame a whole ethnicity for the sins of a few, and would know which posts are worth responding to.

However, as a Yoruba man, if you feel that Ifeajuna betrayed Ademoyega, you have every right to be miffed and express so accordingly; but if you feel Ikemba betrayed Biafra, i'd say -being the Igbo hating scum that you are- your 'protestations' would amount to no more than shedding crocodile tears and crying more than the bereaved. The knob of your argument is: 'hey, forget about Awo and his dealings during the period......that's besides the point; your Ikemba shouldn't have led a fight back even though your peoples numbers were being decimated in the north and the so called federal gov't could not guarantee their safety; you all should have smiled and taken the killings like a man!'

Furthermore, if Ndigbo feel that Awo betrayed them (and have the scars and murdered kinsfolk to back such an assertion) you and your ilk are in no position to tell them to forget it just because you reckon Ikemba did worse than Awo......that's if you even concede that Awo did anything wrong in the first place!

You really are a distasteful nasty character and a true son of your 'father'.

Have a nice day. smiley

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Yeske2(m): 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
^^^^
Why bother relpying anyone here, have you forgotten the official nitwits we have here on NL?
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by T8ksy(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You've obviously fallen for his baiting haven't you? Any discerning mind would understand you don't blame a whole ethnicity for the sins of a few, and would know which posts are worth responding to.

However, as a Yoruba man, if you feel that Ifeajuna betrayed Ademoyega, you have every right to be miffed and express so accordingly; but if you feel Ikemba betrayed Biafra, i'd say -being the Igbo hating scum that you are- your 'protestations' would amount to no more than shedding crocodile tears and crying more than the bereaved. The knob of your argument is: 'hey, forget about Awo and his dealings during the period......that's besides the point; your Ikemba shouldn't have led a fight back even though your peoples numbers were being decimated in the north and the so called federal gov't could not guarantee their safety; you all should have smiled and taken the killings like a man!'

Furthermore, if Ndigbo feel that Awo betrayed them (and have the scars and murdered kinsfolk to back such an assertion) you and your ilk are in no position to tell them to forget it just because you reckon Ikemba did worse than Awo......that's if you even concede that Awo did anything wrong in the first place!

Have a nice day. smiley

Pa Awo did nothing wrong by his people. As for those who surreptitiously, tried to occupied our region,

we don't care what they believe he did wrong by them. We chose Awo to look out for our interest (not yours) and you guys

had leaders you placed your faith in to look after your well-being. If your leaders failed in their civic duty to you all,

it's no use looking for scapegoats from other regions.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by debetmx(m): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Have a nice day. smiley

Dear Igbo-son,

Firstly, why make reference to my 'father' in either a literal or in a metaphorical sense? Obviously your people have no respect for their elders. After all you wake your fathers with a kick to their groin.

I have never blamed the ibo as an ethnic group for the January 15, 1966. I only said most of the officers who carried the coup were ibo people who were guided by ethnic considerations in their execution of the coup. I don't think I have to repeat details of the coup here again. The actions of some ibo people were disgraceful to say the least. It is record that ibos openly celebrated and mocked the northerners who lost their lives because they were not their own people, the same reason Ifeajuna killed Tafawa Balewa but sat down to drink tea with Dr. Michael Okpara.

Like I have always said, I don't hate the ibos but I hate the attitude, arrogance, lousiness, self- centeredness and the "we are smart, others are foolish " mentality of the average ibo person and blaming others for the mistakes of biafra's leaders. As a human being with blood in my veins, I feel for the people who lost their lives in Biafra, in as much I (we) don't share ojukwu's delusions and ambitions because how do you undertake a military expedition that you know is bound to end in defeat. Yet the wicked man ran into exile with members of his family. Let quote your fellow ibo (Chief C. C. Onoh) who incidentally was ojukwu's father-in-law, wrote about the ikemba;

"Eventually on the 12th of January 1970, ojukwu took flight and told the whole of biafra that he was going in search of peace (SCAM/COWARDICE), little did we know the cantankerous coward had abandoned the cause and was running away".

Obviously the ibo man's definition of a hero/coward is different from that of a Yoruba man. In Yoruba land when a general loses a war, if he does not die in battle he must commit suicide, not run and later reclaim his property and contest an election in the country he waged a stupid war against.

Before the ill conceived biafran war, the ibos lost about 60,000 people during pogrom but after the civil war they had lost 3million people. If ojukwu had not plunged his people in that war, The lives of 2.94 million people would have been saved. With the benefit of hindsight, if ojukwu had conciliated enough with the federal side he would have gotten the best possible concessions for his people. Need I remind you, the pogrom ended in September 1966, ojukwu declared secession in May 1967.

On the issue of Awolowo betraying ndigbo. I don't think or believe he owed ndigbo his allegiance or loyalty. The people he owed his loyalty and allegiance were to the Yoruba people. Do you follow a deluded maniac into a war he is not prepared for? If ojukwu was ready to gamble with the lives of his people, Awolowo had better judgement, experience and reason. Kindly read about the Six Day War, during which Israel fought and defeated Egypt, Syria and Jordan at the same time so don't tell me about a southern front. In your earlier post you raised the issue about the Yorubas being neutral and we all know what happened to the Neutral Midwest by the biafrans soldiers.

Lastly, let me quote what emeka odimegwu ojukwu wrote about my 'father' in his book " Because I Am Involved" Page. 197;

[b]"In political terms, he would be considered an adversary of the igbos given the intense rivalry between him and Dr Nnamdi Azikwe. As a leader of the modern cast, he has left Nigeria standards which are indelible, standards beside which future aspirants to public leadership can be eternally measured. He was firm, articulate, painstaking, and uncompromising. He was, for a long time, the only Nigerian leader who enunciated principles and played down personalities. He was a brilliant political administrator and a most erudite teacher. He not only identified himself wholly with the aspirations of the Yoruba people of Nigeria but also he was able to convince the Yoruba people of Nigeria that he and only he epitomized the highest point of their political aspirations and consciousness. He was loved, he was feared but above all he belonged to the people he professed to lead. At his death I had the singular honour of proposing for him the epitaph that has endured – ‘he was the best President that Nigeria never had’.

Many have wondered what I meant by this, but I believe the statement was clear. Nigeria would have benefited from his presidency because of his inate presidential qualities. Nigeria must continually regret that he never, for many reasons, had the opportunity to serve at the presidential level. Awo was a leader of great stature. He was a leader who was eminently successful. That he did not fulfill a presidential ambition cannot detract from his leadership, and us, poor us, who were not his people, must continue, to regret that our own leaders had not led us as he did his people or achieved for us as he did for his people.

He perceived his job as leading his people and God his soul. He did a lot for them. Whenever he saw an opportunity for his people, he went for it. He had a dream for the Yorubas and was steadfast in the pursuit of that dream. He knew where he was going and took his people with him without deceit. That is why he will remain immortal in the area of his influence".
[/b]

8 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
I dey come
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
osaxx:
someone said to his people, 'go and fight, i am behind u'!

When the fight began, he dressed as a lady and vanished, living his kindred to die in the war!

Now, yorubas are knwn betrayers, don't u feel ashamed to point a dirty finger and ask another to go clean up?

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
T8ksy:

Pa Awo did nothing wrong by his people. As for those who surreptitiously, tried to occupied our region,

we don't care what they believe he did wrong by them. We chose Awo to look out for our interest (not yours) and you guys

had leaders you placed your faith in to look after your well-being. If your leaders failed in their civic duty to you all,

it's no use looking for scapegoats from other regions.
intelligence!!!!
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by IGBOSON1: 4:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
@debetmx:

If you can't figure out who i was referring to as your 'father' in my last post then na your wahala be that. You say Igbos are disrespectful to their fathers?; what makes you say that......is it b'cos you don't see them dogbale for elders like your people do?

Nowhere in my last post did i say you blamed the entire Igbo for the 1966 coup; is a basic understanding of english beyond your capabilities? Go back again and re-read my last post, and this time try and relate it to the guy you were responding to.

I agree with you that the actions of ALL who carried out the first coup are condemnable seeing as they overreached themselves by going on to kill; if not for your dislike (let's leave out the word 'hate' smiley) for Igbos, you'd have seen the coup for what it was -a reprehensible action by certain individuals- and not use it as an excuse to tar an entire people as being complicit......which you've invariably done by making an issue of where majority of the coupists are from.

You said: "It is record that ibos openly celebrated and mocked the northerners who lost their lives because they were not their own people, the same reason Ifeajuna killed Tafawa Balewa but sat down to drink tea with Dr. Michael Okpara". This is interesting! You have links or 'independent' records of such celebratory gatherings.....and how widespread was it? I'm really curious to know, because if it did happen, not only were the celebrants insensitive, but they were downright stupid as well......and say whatever you want about my people, but you'd have to agree with me that 'insensitive' and 'stupid' are tags that just doesn't fit. smiley

Like i've always said, like monday morning armchair football critics, we now have the luxury to pluck holes in Ikembas war strategy with the benefit of hindsight and all that; but we should not lose sight of the fact that there's a wide gulf between any errors that may have been made in the heat of the moment, having seen the blood of your brothers and sisters spilled, and with no guarantees for the pogrom to stop, and on the other hand, making a wilful and conscious decision to support and oversee acts that lead to the death of millions, in the name of 'all being fair in love and war', and using the lives of women and children to make the 'pesky and stubborn' enemy combatants surrender since normal conventional warfare didn't seem to be making much headway; the latter is what you don't have a problem with, hence my earlier assertion that you're the true son of your 'father'.

You said: "I (we) don't share ojukwu's delusions and ambitions because how do you undertake a military expedition that you know is bound to end in defeat". You're allowing your dislike for the man becloud your sense of reasoning. Do you honestly think that Ikemba -on a whim- led Biafra to declare secession from the 'mere geographical expression' that is Nigeria because he was ambitious, or do you think he did it after realising the duplicitious and two-faced nature of the people he was dealing with, whom -after having agreed on the way forward at Aburi- now went ahead to chuck their own copy of the agreement in the waste bin on Gowons return? Do you reckon his actions were also guided by the utterances of Awo (whom he obviously saw as a gentleman) that if Biafra was allowed to secede the Yoruba race would leave as well, hence his belief that Awo and Yorubas didn't believe in 'one Nigeria' as well and would remain neutral. Do you believe that the Aburi accord which today everyone (including your kinsfolk) are saying we should revisit was not the right way forward and hence shows that Ikemba had the best interests for his people and Nigeria at heart?

If you take the quotes of an emotional C.C Onoh seriously then it says more about the shaky grounds your argument stands on than anything else!

That piece Ojukwu wrote on Awo is quite touching isn't it? The man that wrote this article that you're quick to thrust in my face is the same man you earlier said was callous and heartless remember?; when i now say that you speak from both sides of your mouth, you go come begin dey vex! undecided You know what?; i agree with most of what Ikemba said about Awo (surprise....surprise!): he was good at furthering the interests of his people and Ndigbo would have done better if Zik was a bit more like him. And this is the crux of the issue.....unlike Zik, he was too much of a 'regional' and 'tribal' leader. Does anyone for a second think that Zik or Ikemba would condone what happened to Igbos happening to Yorubas if say the shoe was on the other foot?; you can bet that Ikemba and the entire Igbo race would have stood shoulder to shoulder with NdiYoruba to fight the murderous aggressors! As fellow Christians and liberals, one should know when 'politics' should end, and when standing up for justice and humanity should begin; sadly, not recognizing this fact was Awos' achilles heel!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by vanunu: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
This man must be a very big fool. May I ask this fool one question, if Nigerian state Kill more than a 100,000 Awusa Fulani, what do you expect them to do?
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

Mr Mbu...NL in-house comedian....you are the only one that enjoy your comedy on NL...

Ewu west. E dey pain you?
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by ikenga67: 9:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Ewu west. E dey pain you?

I guess Mr. Ofeimun would line up against the wall and shoot the Polish leaders in 1939 for taking up arms against the mighty Hitler army. He would forever damn the souls of the Jews of the polish ghetto for the suicidal resistance they offered to the SS. Has anyone even noticed that this guy is advocating a policy not very far from cowardice?
I have read so many armchair critics of Ojukwu (and believe me, I have my own criticsms of the Ikemba) go on about how in his selfishness and youthful exuberance he led the Igbos to an avoidable war that costs them millions in life when he knew that they were not prepared for the war.On the other hand, the sage Awo knew better and kept his people from taking the jump. Ok admitted Ojukwu was selfish, immature and headstrong, what was the "sage" (Ofeimun's hero and employer) thinking when he conspired to overthrow the Nigerian goverment with just a handful of civilian malcontents and a few bolt action rifles and firecrackers imported from Ghana?.
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by biggysmalls: 5:19am On Jun 19, 2013
I am not really concerned about the wrath the war caused on the igbos ...but I feel angry for my race THE ANIOMA'S knowned also as delta igbos...we lost a lot the war more than the otherside ( the Easten igbos) we were never frm eastern Nigeria but from the Mid west, we were vital 2 both sides of the war both on the nigerian side and the braifa side ... But we lost the most... 2 me Major chukuma Nzeogwu remains the hero in the pursuit of a sane and corrupt free nigeria but he is least remembered ... It is indeed a shame!
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by DuduNegro: 6:20am On Jun 19, 2013
Poet, literary and social critic Mr Odia Ofeimun

Another closet Yoruba-Igbo unveiled. grin 

It is obvious that a new Yoruba citizenry is forming. Some Igbos are closet Yorubas.....they dream and desire to be Yorubas but are afraid of publicly admitting their secret desires. After years of rivalry they have come to grips with what The Land of Milk & Honey is and they desire to detach from their ugly past and embrace a beautiful future. Of course this is the innate drive of human idealism, to migrate towards that which is life supporting.

To all the Igbo brothers, and sisters, desiring to become Yoruba citizens, we welcome you to Oduduwa's Empire. grin
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 19, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

Another closet Yoruba-Igbo unveiled. grin 

It is obvious that a new Yoruba citizenry is forming. Some Igbos are closet Yorubas.....they dream and desire to be Yorubas but are afraid of publicly admitting their secret desires. After years of rivalry they have come to grips with what The Land of Milk & Honey is and they desire to detach from their ugly past and embrace a beautiful future. Of course this is the innate drive of human idealism, to migrate towards that which is life supporting.

To all the Igbo brothers, and sisters, desiring to become Yoruba citizens, we welcome you to Oduduwa's Empire. grin
Of course...you welcome me to become a lazy beggar with horrible scratched face in an odualand that has never experienced modern war...you welcome me to become a corpse exhuming kazeem or mutiu grin, you should have probably welcomed me to become a potential adeboloja or berende grin. You should have just said you want me to become a human parts trader. You should have just told me to come share the pains of your kins in illorin, kogi etc under Aboki rule. cheesy. Chineke,Na so you hate us reach? Better try very hard to be an Igbo in your next life...That's your best shot at escaping those aforementioned predicaments. grin
Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:09am On Jun 19, 2013
dozzybaba: Of course...you welcome me to become a lazy beggar in an odualand that has never experienced modern war...you welcome me to become a corpse exhuming kazeem or mutiu grin, you should have probably welcomed me to become a potential adeboloja or berende grin. You should have just said you want me to become a human parts trader. You should have just told me to come share the pains of your kins illorin, kogi etc under Aboki rule. cheesy. Chineke,Na so you hate us reach? Better try very hard to be an Igbo in your next life...That's your best shot escaping those aforementioned predicaments. grin

Haha. See all of them selling their properties to afford to marry Igbo girls because they want intelligent offsprings.
Seun is officially looking for an igbo wife.
Sexkills has cornered ogugua88.

What's wrong with yoruba girls? Why are you abandoning them to fulani herdsmen?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Igbo Leaders Deceived Their People, Says Ofeimun by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 19, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Haha. See all of them selling their properties to afford to marry Igbo girls because they want intelligent offsprings.
Seun is officially looking for an igbo wife.
Sexkills has cornered ogugua88.

What's wrong with yoruba girls? Why are you abandoning them to fulani herdsmen?
I heard aboki men love smelly female 'Abunna' grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Frequent Governor In Aso Rock ...and Least Frequent Revealed. / [poll] Rate Our Dear President's Performance Through His Tenure / Abormination; Son Impregnates His Own Mum In Asaba Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.