Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address (13290 Views)

Buhari To Announce Ministerial List During Oct 1 National Address- Breakingtimes / President Jonathan To Address The Nation Tomorrow By 7am. / Oyo State Govt Declares 7pm To 7am Curfew With Immediate Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Wsdm: 11:59am On Oct 09, 2012
Although flood is part of the problems facing the country. But a presidential speech is suppose to be more weighty than what we heard this morning. Today is the day Nigerian covertly give out Bakkassi away, look at how students are now victims of security failure in all parts of the country, armed bandits is the order of the day including all mighty oil theft, institutionalized corruption in every facet of our life. These and many more are the things i was expecting the president to address. If this is the only reason he made a nation wide broadcast, there are many mouth piece in his cabinet who should have done it.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by divatosin(f): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2012
TRANSPERANCY AT WORK. tell us how much you they give them all. While haters keep hating. grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by LailaIkeji1: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
Someone actually kidded he was coming on air this morning to announce his resignation. lol.
Lets let our Presido be abeg. he's not perfect.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by onatisi(m): 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2012
sharp man: I am sorry, but the broadcast was a complete joke.

Imagine having a 7am broadcast to announce that a fund raising committee has been set up for a flood that occurred weeks ago. Why can't a press release be issued or have the minister of information or one of the numerous advisers on media to address the press.

No single mention of the recent killing of students in PH and Mubi or even attempting to clear the confusing information the public has been fed about the state of health of his wife.

He did not even look good on TV.....the camera angle was bad, no charisma, no swag.....it was like a comedian in a sitcom.

I am sorry for Nigeria if this is the best we can offer.
you are either mentally sick or stupid ,can you pls read through what you have just written and see if it makes the smallest sense?haba!!!!!! there is serious problem in Nigeria ooooo if you are the kind of ppl being referred to as the leaders of tomorrow . so u want gej to come tv and make mention of his wife in a national address , Jesus Christ , wahalahi i feel like slapping
what do u know about TV production to make u comment about the camera angle and trash , i bet it you are a jss student

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2012
Abujafood:

What kind of wickedness is this? So you were wishing her dead?
Ehm, give your views. Leave mosquito alone, before im suck your blood..
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Navalsadiq(m): 12:04pm On Oct 09, 2012
I fink most of these social network is coming as a distraction.nairalnder are airing their faustration on others.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Foxybone(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
I can't say something bad about my president... GOD BLESS NIGERIA grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2012
SM4U guys ... Una get dirty minds gan embarassed
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Adanyebe(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
i think he should go take a bath on ASO ROCK transformer
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Neversaydie: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
romi: To think i had to set a reminder since yesterday to wake up early and listen to GEJ's national address as i thought he wanted to assert his authority about the numerous Security concerns affecting the Nation only for him to waste 10minutes of my precious time announcing how DANGOTE(chairman), ADENUGA (vice), GOVERNORS, E.T.C and Him... Are going to share BILLIONS OF NAIRA all in the name of setting up FLOOD COMMITTEE, Haba Why!!!! SMH

@ OP, u re entitled to your silly submission, however, the president's quick intervention to finding solutions to a menace such as flooding which has ravaged 70% of states in the country requires an applaud and goes to show the commitment of this administration. It is people like u,that will still complain if nothing is done....flooding if you do not know....is a natural disaster that poses security threat to live sand properties, outbreak of diseases and epidemics.

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
GEJ has to make that early morning broadcast because of the problem at hand.People are dying and GEJ is like the father of NIGERIANS. critics swallow you saliva please.

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
Callotti: People must have been bored. . . waking up and actually looking forward to whatever he had to say.
I was not even gonna waste my electricity.
Glad I didn't.
FLOOD COMMITTEE INDEED.
Abeg. . .make I run comot from Naija. . . before the implementation of PHASE 2. . .OIL SUBSIDY REMOVAL CLOSE ALL H-AIRPORTS.

Rain nefa fall finish o. . . .!
EROSION COMMITTEE NKO? grin
lmao!! grin grin
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by candieangel12(f): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
JayKayMaybachz: SM4U guys ... Una get dirty minds gan embarassed

Can u please enlighten me on wat is SM4U? Im confused....
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
candieangel12:

Can u please enlighten me on wat is SM4U? Im confused....
Shake my head for you
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by candieangel12(f): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2012
Shollypopz:
Shake my head for you

Ohhhh thank you. I thought he meant that but I didn't see the "H" so I was confused
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by garrigangster: 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2012
*listening to 'the horse,the son and the man' by Ebenezer Obey
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by folushoalade: 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
Dear nairalanders, I imagine that the opinion of many of you who have hurled insults at the president for his speech would have been different if you were one of the families that lost lives, property (businesses, houses, farmlands) or even stranded on the road for days due to he floods. He might not be perfect but President Jonanthan might not be perfect but his speech was a step in the right direction. He has demonstrated concern by releasing this money and also raising a group of people to whom the amount involved will not be appealing. Would we rather have had him put a police commisioner on that committee than a Dangote who, already donated N200 million To Kogi state in the wake of the floods? All the names on that list might not be saints but the money is inconsequential to their worth for them to "steal" so I agree with the decision. I read a post that they would steal the money and I ask, is there anyone on nairaland you would nominate and will guarantee to not steal the money? God is watching us all! For once, as long as I can remember, Jonathan is doing something that will earn him prayers from a group of Nigerians (certainly not from Nairalanders as I see!)

3 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Jacobx007: 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
well i just hop the money reaches those affected cos in naija, events lik dis are opportunities for some people to get richer! SMH
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by taharqa: 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
freecocoa: To think I woke up early enough and turned on my radio(which almost never happens) just to hear what he had to say, saying I was infuriated after the speech is an understatement.
I don't understand what good that broadcast is supposed to do us, how does Dangote and Wale Adenuga even come into play sef? Someone please enlighten me.
Na, dont think any one can help yr ignorance, no enlightment wud help at this point....u re 'infuriatd at d speech' which following the pleads of various strata of Nigerians made grants available to flood-affected states and Disaster Management agencies to help the flood victims immediately and in d long run. You are 'disgustd' cos a committee made up mostly of private bizmen have bn mandatd to raise additional funds from their fellow bizmen and d general public to help these victims. I am pretty certain that the hundred of thousands, if not millions, of Nigerians whose lives hv bn severely affectd by the natural disaster wud not be 'disgustd' but rather estatic.....questn: are you a Nigerian Or just a foo.lish one?

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by ISHAJU(m): 12:22pm On Oct 09, 2012
;Dit was nyc if it 'll be implement cos naija leaders sabi mouth
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Iolo(m): 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2012
For people who can't read, the committee's job is to play an advisory role and raise funds to curb or manage the crisis.

13bn is to be shared to the states while 4bn is for Federal Govt agencies and parastatals.

So there is basically nothing left for the committee to "share".
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by moodswing(m): 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2012
warrior01:
just imagine this nonentity saying the president wasted his jobless time. You better go look for work; jobless fool.

Good riddance....
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Souljaboi1: 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
warrior01:
just imagine this nonentity saying the president wasted his jobless time. You better go look for work; jobless fool.

Please could you please show where romi said so ?
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by mrperfect(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2012
I like it. I love mr President.

2 Likes

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by superior1: 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
IMO Jonathan raised the bar in the definition of stupidity, the transmission is senseless, shallow and of no relevance. [size=14pt]The transmission had been recorded and edited [/size](anyone who watched closely will noticed it wasn't a live transmission). Why wait till 7am before playing it after airing the National Anthem
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by 1025: 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
for me, i no get time to listen because as at yesterday, i v told nigerians that they will only get angry after listening. jonathan simply has nothing to offer.
as long as we continue looking helplessly at these blood thirsty rulers, they will continue killing us one after the other. these men are evil and if anyone is expecting any good thing to come out of them, that one will wait forever.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by jaymdee(m): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
@Poster, I disagree with you. The broadcast was right and on point. The much affected flood victims would have a sense of care after knowing that the FGN has such humane plans for them. How many more national broadcasts do we need to change the security scape of Nigeria? Talk about security have suddenly hit the cliched mark. Kudo for the broadcast Jona.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by remzytimer: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
Well spoken and well composed! The first Nigerian President that have d fear of God in him! U won't appreciate what u have untill u loose it.....God bless u mr president, God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Abuklaw(m): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2012
acidtalk: Someone should tell me this is a joke.

So with all the whole menace going on across the country thats what this man can wake Nigerians up to tell them?
If they are genuinely donating as an act of philanthropic deeds, what stops them from secretly donating without making noise,.

Moreover they are only giving back a meager from what they have stolen and are still stealing from Nigeria.
Now enough money to be stolen again from the National Emergency Agencies and ministry of Environment.

If care is not taken, those people will only use their ears to hear the billions by this time next year, they might well be worst hit by the very same flood.

SATANIC MEN ruling a Crazy country.
i align wit ur comment jare coz anoda avenue 4 corruptn has bin creatd 4 dose thieves wu ar always ready 2 jumb at d slightest chance 2 embezzle moni,all dose fund wil b heard in da news n wat we wil hear dis tym next year is dat EFCC 2 prosecute top officials in d country ova misappropriatn of flood fund.mtcheeeeeew
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by MurphyT1: 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
Alot of pple on this thread arent affected by flood, if they were, then de wud hav understood hw relieved those affected felt when they heard the President handle their plight with utmost importance, the President made them understand that he was aware of wot was happening and decided to make all money provided public, i believe this was to aviod complains frm any of the agencies of lack of funds.And this effort is applaudable, it shows that, the President is concern abt Nigerians, it shows that he is trying to make sure that things work out well (though some pple r against him). we shud try to sit and critically think. Over the past few weeks the country was faced with flooding and it seems noting was bin done even though alot of work was going on, i really commend NEMA and other relevant agencies for prompt intervention though the communities ignored their ealier warnings.i still believe Nig is gettin beta.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by moodswing(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
mowk: GEJ spoke well though insuffiently. Only spoke about natural disasters and totally ignored the man-made disasters that involved the gruesome killings in ALUU and Mubi.

What has the president got to do with police case?. If that's the case, I would also have him address and setup presidential committe, that will investigate a case of 20 people that a local deity killed in kogi state.
Re: Your Views On GEJ's 7am National Address by Abuklaw(m): 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
acidtalk: Someone should tell me this is a joke.

So with all the whole menace going on across the country thats what this man can wake Nigerians up to tell them?
If they are genuinely donating as an act of philanthropic deeds, what stops them from secretly donating without making noise,.

Moreover they are only giving back a meager from what they have stolen and are still stealing from Nigeria.
Now enough money to be stolen again from the National Emergency Agencies and ministry of Environment.

If care is not taken, those people will only use their ears to hear the billions by this time next year, they might well be worst hit by the very same flood.

SATANIC MEN ruling a Crazy country.
i align wit ur comment jare coz anoda avenue 4 corruptn has bin creatd 4 dose thieves wu ar always ready 2 jumb at d slightest chance 2 embezzle moni,all dose fund wil b heard in da news n wat we wil hear dis tym next year is dat EFCC 2 prosecute top officials in d country ova misappropriatn of flood fund.mtcheeeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Militants Vow To Attack Dickson Over Unpaid Salaries / 2019: Ndigbo Happy With Buhari On Road Construction – Ohanaeze / Much Ado About G7 Invitation - By Naptu2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.