Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict (31269 Views)

Pc Pes 2013 Keeps Crashing To Desktop / Pls Help Me On How I Can Install PES 2013 On My Computer. / Official NL FIFA 13 Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by xtremeidea(m): 9:54am On Oct 09, 2012

Manchester United vs Liverpool and Rangers vs Celtic are great rivalries that have kept football fans entertained through the years. Pro Evolution Soccer vs FIFA is the equivalent of these titanic clashes in the football video game world. These two heavyweights have gone head to head over the past two decades, with both enjoying spells of domination, but lately one has been much better than the other, just like United and Celtic are currently better than Liverpool and Rangers.

At the moment we live in the FIFA era, with the EA game having been superior over the past few years. But for the first time in a long while, PES seems to be catching up, and the latest Konami football sim may have positioned itself perfectly for an assault against its rival next year.

For a long time PES was said to have better gameplay than FIFA. Konami's dominance in this field was so strong that it negated any criticisms of the game. Yes, FIFA had a better user interface, most of the licences and great music but because PES had better gameplay it was considered the best. Well that changed a while ago and now, FIFA has an advantage in this area but it's not as significant as it was last year.

FIFA 13 has added First Touch Control and improved off the ball artificial intelligence in order to maintain its status as most realistic game.

These were welcome introductions and certainly added to the experience. First Touch Control tries to mimic the real life quality of each player, making someone's ability to control the ball first time round dependant on the quality of the footballer. This also applies to passing and shooting so it's not a good idea to try a Hollywood pass with Chelsea's Jon Obi Mikel.

PES 2013 gives FIFA 13 something to think about in terms of gameplay, although it falls short of actually beating its rival. The game's new Full Control system, which includes full manual passing and shooting, improves the mechanics by giving you ultimate control over the most important parts of the beautiful game.

You are better able to determine shot accuracy and where a pass lands. If you master the new system, you will be able spray the ball around more confidently and score more consistently.

EA normally wins the presentation battle and this is the case again this year. FIFA 13's overall package of graphics, user interface and music is impressive. It's also the most authentic in terms of licenses, with nearly all of the top players, leagues and stadiums.

But PES 2013 doesn't just lay down and take it. Konami has again secured the rights to the Champions League, a competition that has a certain magic. PES's character models are also markedly better than FIFA 13's. The game's cover star Cristiano Ronaldo is recreated to perfection, as well as other world stars including Barcelona attacker Lionel Messi and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.

In conclusion

We could finish up by talking about the vast array of modes available on both games, which are impressive (FIFA 13 probably pips PES 2013 in this area). But we'd prefer to talk about the enjoyment we felt when playing the sims with friends.

Here at GameCentral we long for the feeling we had when playing the PES games of the last generation. Every match was aggressively contested. If we lost it got to us, we weren't able to move on until we had exacted revenge on the person that had inflicted the defeat (in the game not physically).

At times the contests would get overheated and we could be accused of taking it a bit too seriously but that was why we loved it.

We've never truly felt that way with FIFA. Yes it's realistic, yes it has all the licenses but does it have the heart? It's the same case this year. Although EA's new game is better than Konami's, when we play it it feels just a bit too mechanical and doesn't seem to have much soul.

That's not to say PES 13 does, we long ago fell out of love with Konami's sim, partly because the last few PES games have not been very good. If the Japanese company can recreate the magic of the classic games from the series then we will be very happy gamers. PES 2013 is a start, it's certainly got our attention.

That's not to say FIFA can't win our hearts as well, it just needs something but we're not too sure what that something is.

Source: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/913974-fifa-13-vs-pes-2013-the-final-verdict#ixzz28n2ViyPV

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by xtremeidea(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2012

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by xtremeidea(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2012
If you played the two games you would no doubt agree with me that in terms of gameplay PES still has it and FIFA wins in terms of graphics and voicing.

My favourite part of this post is

Here at GameCentral we long for the feeling we had when playing the PES games of the last generation. Every match was aggressively contested. If we lost it got to us, we weren't able to move on until we had exacted revenge on the person that had inflicted the defeat (in the game not physically).

At times the contests would get overheated and we could be accused of taking it a bit too seriously but that was why we loved it.

We've never truly felt that way with FIFA. Yes it's realistic, yes it has all the licenses but does it have the heart? It's the same case this year. Although EA's new game is better than Konami's, when we play it it feels just a bit too mechanical and doesn't seem to have much soul.

This is no doubt one thing you cant take away from PES. After i viewed the rating of FIFA 13 on IGN which scored it a whooping 9.1 as compared to PES 2013's 8.5, then i had to look for the both games to determine why FIFA scored so high. After hours of playing both i drew a conclusion that in terms of gameplay which is the most important part of the game, PES wins.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Tbase2: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2012
xtremeidea: If you played the two games you would no doubt agree with me that in terms of gameplay PES still has it and FIFA wins in terms of graphics and voicing.

My favourite part of this post is

This is no doubt one thing you cant take away from PES. After i viewed the rating of FIFA 13 on IGN which scored it a whooping 9.1 as compared to PES 2013's 8.5, then i had to look for the both games to determine why FIFA scored so high. After hours of playing both i drew a conclusion that in terms of gameplay which is the most important part of the game, PES wins.
dude i think it should be the other way round pes has better graphics and fifa as a more realistic gameplay atleast from the pictures that the op posted we can see that
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by xtremeidea(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2012
T'base:
dude i think it should be the other way round pes has better graphics and fifa as a more realistic gameplay atleast from the pictures that the op posted we can see that

How do you mean fifa has a more realistic gameplay? PES gameplay is very realistic unlike FIFA. I prefer FIFA in terms of commentaries, intro, menus and player resemblance although PES tried this year and closed the gap on resemblance.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by xtremeidea(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2012
MOre Pix for Comparism

PES

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by 9ineGames: 11:57am On Oct 09, 2012
ok Lets forget graphics!!!!but what are games really meant for?(ENTERTAINMENT!!!)fifa13 Wins!!!its not all abt looks its abt the fun you feel or get when playing a game
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by VictorTobore(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
I think d reviewer of dis thread is very right,i don't play games 4 d graphics of realistic make-up but i play football games for d action 'n' when i talk about action i'm talking about gameplay on d pitch.Bleep fifa,it has always been 2 dull 4 my liking,EA they tried 2 carry d real life simulation 2 thier game 'n' in d process they also carried d dullness along with it and please can sum1 tell me how i should be playing a futball game without d uefa champions league,d best league in futball.I think 4 dis main reason i'll stick 2 pes 'n' if i want 2 play a futball game 4 d main purpose of realism then i'll get d fifa 13 game but not after i've played pes 13 (final).
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by xtremeidea(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2012
9ineGames: ok Lets forget graphics!!!!but what are games really meant for?(ENTERTAINMENT!!!)fifa13 Wins!!!its not all abt looks its abt the fun you feel or get when playing a game

PES wins in terms of gameplay. It provides a more realistic environment with full control manual passes and shots. Passes go where you want them to and how you want them to go!
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by xtremeidea(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2012
Victor Tobore: I think d reviewer of dis thread is very right,i don't play games 4 d graphics of realistic make-up but i play football games for d action 'n' when i talk about action i'm talking about gameplay on d pitch.Bleep fifa,it has always been 2 dull 4 my liking,EA they tried 2 carry d real life simulation 2 thier game 'n' in d process they also carried d dullness along with it and please can sum1 tell me how i should be playing a futball game without d uefa champions league,d best league in futball.I think 4 dis main reason i'll stick 2 pes 'n' if i want 2 play a futball game 4 d main purpose of realism then i'll get d fifa 13 game but not after i've played pes 13 (final).

I so agree with you. Konami was not able to buy the league license and premiership license, but the bought the one that matters most - The UEFA Champions League.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by ritchboy(m): 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2012

We've never truly felt that way with FIFA. Yes it's realistic, yes it has all the licenses but does it have the heart? It's the same case this year.

THIS! The magic of PES4/5/6 is yet to be recaptured this generation sad
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by otosa(m): 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
xtremeidea:

I so agree with you. Konami was not able to buy the league license and premiership license, but the bought the one that matters most - The UEFA Champions League.

But I think, if Konami can try and buy the license of premiership and league they will win the in the grand of FIFA.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by smoove8448: 9:45am On Oct 23, 2012
Pes2008 was my last pes since then its fifa all d way. Pes gameplay is shit. Too automatic, no off the ball control. If u have a virtual pro n fifa n u game with jst 1 player(be a pro) u'll know wah I mean. Pes is crap, only living its passed glory.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by A2J(m): 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
i believe about 80% (if not 100%) of gamers from 1990s started with PES(pro evolution soccer) and religiously follow the brand, I inclusive. My first experience with fifa was FIFA 11 and since then, i am hooked.

PES got better graphics, they get player's look almost perfect, but their game-play is crap. Yes you will argue this BUT please play FIFA 12/13 for like 30mins and you will fall in love with fifa.

FIFA don't have the better graphics BUT they got the game-play hands down.

With "Match Day" feature, who wont wanna play that?!

5 Likes

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Dauchman(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
A2J: [/b]i believe about 80% (if not 100%) of gamers from 1990s started with PES(pro evolution soccer) and religiously follow the brand[b], I inclusive. My first experience with fifa was FIFA 11 and since then, i am hooked.

PES got better graphics, they get player's look almost perfect, but their game-play is crap. Yes you will argue this BUT please play FIFA 12/13 for like 30mins and you will fall in love with fifa.

That info is wrong dude. Fifa started way back in 1994, and has always out sold PES even though during the 6th generation of gaming consoles PES was the better game.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Dauchman(m): 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2012
xtremeidea:

If this is d only reason you give PES d pass mark den I can assure u that u hav wasted ur money. You do knw FIFA has a career mode where dey hav a version of d champions league, euro cup, etc added to playing a full season and international games(qualifications, friendlies and even d world cup) how can jst having the champions league beat that. More fun and longer play time.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by A2J(m): 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2012
@Dauchman

Sorry, i mean gamers in Nigeria and not worldwide, because i believe most Nigerian started gaming via those several game houses and those game houses only got PES

3 Likes

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by spenca: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2012
Seriously pes gameplay is too cheap for mi,I cn just use ronaldo to just mess a team up ,that's just not cool n kinda boring ....#teamfifa

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Tbase2: 11:20am On Oct 24, 2012
A2J: i believe about 80% (if not 100%) of gamers from 1990s started with PES(pro evolution soccer) and religiously follow the brand, I inclusive. My first experience with fifa was FIFA 11 and since then, i am hooked.

finally somebody that see what i see
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by kpolli(m): 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2012
spenca: Seriously pes gameplay is too cheap for mi,I cn just use ronaldo to just mess a team up ,that's just not cool n kinda boring ....#teamfifa

Which PES?
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
I played pes04/06/08/09/10..... Konami lost me with pes2010, played fifa 11 and well, it wasn't bad until fifa 12 showed up and trust me, if you want to know if fifa 12 is on point, set everything in terms of passing, shooting, crossing etc to manual and you'll see the awesomeness of creativity at your disposal.... currently playing fifa 13 and I must say, in terms of gameplay, i'll give it to fifa 13 once again..... put everything to manual on fifa 12 and 13 and give it a try.... about pes? well, it's more of a one man thing and repetitive animations.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by kpolli(m): 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
petrson: I played pes04/06/08/09/10..... Konami lost me with pes2010, played fifa 11 and well, it wasn't bad until fifa 12 showed up and trust me, if you want to know if fifa 12 is on point, set everything in terms of passing, shooting, crossing etc to manual and you'll see the awesomeness of creativity at your disposal.... currently playing fifa 13 and I must say, in terms of gameplay, i'll give it to fifa 13 once again..... put everything to manual on fifa 12 and 13 and give it a try.... about pes? well, it's more of a one man thing and repetitive animations.

have u played PES 2013?
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by naijainfogalery: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2012
FIFA 13 is just graphics which may be fun though but in terms of action PES 13 any time any day,

For the latest game info, like us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Gameplusng
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by goddyjay(m): 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
PES has a better game play while FIFA has better graphics and commentary spot. if you agree with me you can never get bored of playing PES but FIFA?........................................................... to be continued
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Skii(m): 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
A long time fan of PES, but in 2012, with all the drama and noise FIFA made, i bought the game and tried it...Unfortunately, I haven't been able to make the switch (still keep getting thrashed silly). SO THIS YEAR, its PES 2013 ALL THE WAY!!
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Okijajuju1(m): 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2012
I have been a true and loyal fan of KONAMI..

We started all the way from 'Winning Eleven.. 4.' (with Japanese commentary and even the player names and sometimes the game menu in Japanese.. When Roberto Carlos was an obvious cheat!!)

to PES 13

FIFA definitely owns the graphics, licences and all those other small details.. However, KONAMI brings the fire.. Makes you feel like you are in control. Makes you confident in your ability to make a comeback even when the odds are stacked against you.. KONAMI gameplay has always been phenomenal..

I own the FIFA 12 & PES 12 and yet whenever the boys come through, we are always on PES..

As far as soccer games are concerned, I pledge my loyalty to KONAMI and no one else..

17 Likes

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by charloski(m): 12:24pm On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju: I have been a true and loyal fan of KONAMI..

We started all the way from 'Winning Eleven.. 4.' (with Japanese commentary and even the player names and sometimes the game menu in Japanese.. When Roberto Carlos was an obvious cheat!!)

to PES 13

FIFA definitely owns the graphics, licences and all those other small details.. However, KONAMI brings the fire.. Makes you feel like you are in control. Makes you confident in your ability to make a comeback even when the odds are stacked against you.. KONAMI gameplay has always been phenomenal..

I own the FIFA 12 & PES 12 and yet whenever the boys come through, we are always on PES..

As far as soccer games are concerned, I pledge my loyalty to KONAMI and no one else..

I still remember this game.. where i always give one dude to help me set my information..... coz every thin was in Japanese... it was so fun.... When Roberto Carlos was an obvious cheat!!) Real Cheat grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
PES?Winning eleven is back.

PES has been messing up on the ps3 and Xbox 360 right from PES 2008. But now it is back

I have always loved Konamis gameplay but FIFA's commentary, realism and licenses had always given it the edge over PES.

PES 2013's gameplay is quite realistic. It is a bit slowed down with realistic player movements and fluent passing system. FIFA 2013 is also great but it is an arcade game. There is no randomness to FIFA, it is very mechanical as the reviewer says.

Both games are good but I have togive it to PES 2013, they made progress finally after PES 2012 was riddled with problems.
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by babarazy: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
what of winning eleven naw?
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by yuzedo: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju: I have been a true and loyal fan of KONAMI..

to PES 13

You know your game sir!
Lets take it from the 90's, starting with ISS, to FIFA, when Winning Eleven eventually came out, it was like... WHOAAAAA!!!! ((((( Mind Blown )))))
FIFA is just mehhh! Pro is for avid gamers, you never see people gambling money while playing FIFA cos that game isn't quite it. Any girl can play FIFA, but for u to be a master, knowing basic configs and moves, box + X, L2 + direction, tapping L1, there's no arguing, Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution franchise takes the cake!

.. But without doubt, the greatest game ever made is: Captain Majeed Soccer grin
... Sven Ericksson football was the WORST game ever made in life.. OMG, recollection is traumatic! cry cry
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by honeric01(m): 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
FIFA on you i stand.

No other football game does it better! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: FIFA 13 Vs. PES 2013 - The Final Verdict by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
babarazy: what of winning eleven naw?

Winning 11 and PES are the same from the same company- KONAMI.

in Europe, it is PES while in America and Japan, it is Winning 11.

We had pirated NTSC (AMERICAN REGION) CDs onthe ps1 and ps2, therefore, most Nigerians know it as Winning Eleven

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infoseye PSP Help, Tips, Tutorials & Guide Thread / PS4 Online Community / Andriod Game -Have a feel of Lagos traffic with Highway Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.