Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa (21449 Views)

ESPN To Close Its Channels In Africa July 31 / Over 9000 Free Satellite Tv Channels On Pc And Mobile Phones / Free Satellite Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by jidsoon(m): 10:46am On Oct 09, 2012
Korean eletronics giant Samsung will begin selling television sets in selected African markets that come bundled with a satellite tuner that will allow consumers to watch a free television bouquet of more than 60 channels provided by satellite operator SES.

The LED-backlit LCD flat-panel TVs, known as the Samsung LED TV Free Satellite, will be available to consumers in Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal, the Ivory Coast, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Cameroon in the third quarter of this year.

A Samsung spokesman wasn’t immediately able to say when or even if the service will be available in SA.

The company says in a statement that it hopes to bring more channels to more African regions in 2013 with a new satellite from SES to be used for this project.

Through its agreement with SES, Samsung says it will provide approximately 30 English channels and more than 30 French channels to television viewers.

Christoph Limmer, SES’s senior director of marketing development and marketing in Africa, says the deal with Samsung will bring digital content to more African consumers and encourage African broadcasters to launch more free-to-air content in the region.

“In serving more than 40 African countries, we are well aware of the huge demand for greater services — both quality and quantity,” says Limmer. — Staff reporter, TechCentral

http://www.techcentral.co.za/samsung-to-offer-free-satellite-tv-to-africa/30488/

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by vascey(m): 6:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Funny I was just looking this up online. I hope their new product will break the monopoly of Multichoice.
The problem though is that the price of the TVs would discourage the potential customers.
I mean if you are offering FREE incentive for the purchase of your product, then you should be targeting people who actually need the free stuff not people who can afford to pay subscription.
I think I am gonna get one though. I am for anything against monopoly.

21 Likes

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2012
3rd quarter of dis year neva pass?

4 Likes

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by eduson55(m): 9:33am On Nov 01, 2012
hurray,
in africa!!
give me some music jare cus we have no shame.
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6HTqsauGNQ[/img]
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6HTqsauGNQ[/img]
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Kslib(m): 9:36am On Nov 01, 2012
Na to dey buy buy we sabi.. Technology,we no sabi.. Wen we go start to dey produce stuffs for africa?? When??

4 Likes

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by DANILSA(m): 9:37am On Nov 01, 2012
THAT WILL BE A BIG BLOW TO MULTITHIEVES smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Bawss1(m): 9:37am On Nov 01, 2012
vascey: Funny I was just looking this up online. I hope their new product will break the monopoly of Multichoice.
The problem though is that the price of the TVs would discourage the potential customers.
I mean if you are offering FREE incentive for the purchase of your product, then you should be targeting people who actually need the free stuff not people who can afford to pay subscription.
I think I am gonna get one though. I am for anything against monopoly.

How will free satellite TV break Multichoice's paid TV? Reread the OP again.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by adewasco2k(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2012
Imanuelle: 3rd quarter of dis year neva pass?
seriously i am confuse, planing to get the Samsung LED 42" before Christmas sad
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Ignatio(m): 9:40am On Nov 01, 2012
So long it gets live Epl and uefa matches, musical channels and documentary channels the tv price won't be an issue.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by icygee: 9:40am On Nov 01, 2012
I really hope its affordable and worth it!
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by jamp: 9:41am On Nov 01, 2012
Old news. 3rd quarter don pass and nothing happened
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by elvis07: 9:42am On Nov 01, 2012
From flat screen tv to LCD tv then to LED,LED internet tv nd 3D tv and now LED satellite tv, hmmmmm one day dis pple will jst produce tv incorporated wit bomb dat will wipe out africa nd we will buy it to show off our status level

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by adewasco2k(m): 9:45am On Nov 01, 2012
This is a mutual agreement which surely will benefit both parties.
Have it at heart: SES channels will not be free for ever.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 01, 2012
Samsung is just a perfect competitor. They are not done with competing Iphone using Galaxy...they are now posing as threats to Multichoice and Dstv.God knws how good the free 60 channels will be
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by adewasco2k(m): 9:46am On Nov 01, 2012
jamp: Old news. 3rd quarter don pass and nothing happened
seconded, just saw an old post of the news on 25 Mar 2012
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by abduliik: 9:52am On Nov 01, 2012
Ignatio: So long it gets live Epl and uefa matches, musical channels and documentary channels the price won't be an issue.
they said free to air oga!
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 01, 2012
adewasco2k:

Hoping to get one too...

Na soccer channels matta pass º°˚!

All dis our nationaly stations are full of crap!
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by honeric01(m): 9:54am On Nov 01, 2012
Oya make una release am as long as it won't be 50k per one grin
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by SamMilla1(m): 9:56am On Nov 01, 2012
And before two years, you will hear that SES and Samsung are in court over unpaid dues. Then your Samsung TV will get only NTA and MBI and AIT

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by samally: 9:58am On Nov 01, 2012
adewasco2k:

Please beware...if you want to buy Samsung LED and enjoy it...then you have to start from 160K because the 42inch is Series 4 not 5, better go for 40inch Series 5 505, And not 503...Enjoy...

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Standing5(m): 10:02am On Nov 01, 2012
That's the beauty of having Technological Know how where it matters. Samsung produces TV and know that Satellite Pay TV system needs TVs. By Bypassing the Sat TV guys, People are bound to by their TV product more.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Clemzy16(m): 10:04am On Nov 01, 2012
Watching the Drama in 3D as it unfolds. Samsung is trying to put the Bigboyz out of Business. If i have up to 30 english channels and more than 30 french channels in my television. What do i need a cable(satellite) for?! So-far it has football, music, wresting, movie, documentary, cartoon(Yes, cartoon.. "i like am die!) stations etc.. Then thunder fire DSTV!! BTW, If one tv fit get so much functions, e go last?! I no trust all this korea, china product o! Anyways sha, Oluwa is involved!!!

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by KINGwax(m): 10:13am On Nov 01, 2012
samally:

Please beware...if you want to buy Samsung LED and enjoy it...then you have to start from 160K because the 42inch is Series 4 not 5, better go for 40inch Series 5 505, And not 503...Enjoy...
what abt v-boot series 007?

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by gbogboti: 10:14am On Nov 01, 2012
MULTICHOICE NA BIG THIEVES. And I got my LG LED not long o. Which kind thing be this now. I wish I knew men. Its a very idea from SAMSUNG. I swear. DSTV full bouquet will start running on 5K. When HiTV came, they were forced to bring down their charges. As soon as HiTV crashed, everything got up again. Samsung sharp sharp jare.
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by KINGwax(m): 10:15am On Nov 01, 2012
samally:

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 01, 2012
Go Samsung!
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by AkinDavid2: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2012
Nice one but I'm double sure no serie A or EPL trust bollywood will be there and this Ninja stations
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by kevoh(m): 10:36am On Nov 01, 2012
Clemzy16: Watching the Drama in 3D as it unfolds. Samsung is trying to put the Bigboyz out of Business. If i have up to 30 english channels and more than 30 french channels in my television. What do i need a cable(satellite) for?! So-far it has football, music, wresting, movie, documentary, cartoon(Yes, cartoon.. "i like am die!) stations etc.. Then thunder fire DSTV!! BTW, If one tv fit get so much functions, e go last?! I no trust all this korea, china product o! Anyways sha, Oluwa is involved!!!

If samsung can also add two hours internal battery backup just enough to watch your favourite team play when there's no electricity, that'll be some serious ompetitive edge over the rest.

1 Like

Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by purplekayc(m): 11:15am On Nov 01, 2012
Hope this is true?
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by purplekayc(m): 11:15am On Nov 01, 2012
Hope this is true?And the price?
Re: Samsung To Sell TV's With Free Satellite Channels In Africa by crowbar(m): 11:28am On Nov 01, 2012
Its been on sale since last 2 months, my Uncle bought 1 for 171000 @ shoprite, Abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Cinema Etiquette / Download Nollywood Movies / Watch/download The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.