Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:06 AM

Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? (8679 Views)

How God Came Into Existence. / Who Created God? / Where Did God Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2012
mrmayor:

Which Coffee; Fresh-brew, Kenco, Nescafe or Maxwell House?

All of the above. cheesy Coffee is coffee, describe the aroma of coffee if you can.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10am On Oct 10, 2012
Deep Sight:

Not only have I always said begin, but I have corrected made this same clarification to several people many times ever since Prizm reminded me about three years ago in a discussion. Besides, I did not formulate the cosmological argument: and that is what it says. It says "begin".

plaetton:

And what are those things which we can INFER to exist, but without a beginning?

Infinite Space

Infinite Time

Just two examples.

False. Scientists have given us the evidence that the universe had a beginning, and the universe consists of Space, Time and Matter. Therefore they have a beginning and will surely have an end.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2012
Reyginus:

Applying your logic, we will even end up in a greater confusion of gargantuan proportion.
If we follow that God is created, the questions now are, what created God? what created that which created God? what created that which created that which created God? And so on.
So, your arguement limps.

That may be a good way at looking at it. Then we have to go on for infinity and the One at the end of the line is the Infinite, Eternal Uncreated God. cool
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Sirniyeh(m): 12:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
Hello everbody,
Nice meeting you again!
As I always say, nobody will speak beyond the level of his or her understaning. The word God or Allah, or Jesus, or witch is a name. The summary of it all is that, Spirit is Spirit. I dont believe in the name God or Jesus or allah, I relate personally with the spirit. Whichever name you give the spirit, it doesnt concern me.
Spirit is an invincible FORCE that revolves round the orbit of nature. I had read bible, quran, sixth and seventh book of moses, book of enouch, book of thoman, book of uretha(the one that exposes the hidden life of Jesus, how he proposed for marriage etc), i had read the book of mormon, book of god of egypt(I've forgotten the real name which xrays more about Adam and Eve, I have read many sacred texts of buddahism, hindus, and lots more.
I can categorically tell you that what you call God is that spirit inside of you. Thesame spirit entered jesus, etc some used that same spirit and became God(inventors-are they not creator?)
every individual is a God........i rest further mysteries here

1 Like

Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Jasiel(f): 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2012
Some questions just don't have answers; not on this side of eternity anyway. I remember pondering this question when I was about 14: I lived with the fear that whatever "created" God could destroy him. I was afraid to pray or ask anyone about it. Sometime later, while studying my bible, I came across Isa 43:10 ".....before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me"
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sirniyeh: Hello everbody,
Nice meeting you again!
As I always say, nobody will speak beyond the level of his or her understaning. The word God or Allah, or Jesus, or witch is a name. The summary of it all is that, Spirit is Spirit. I dont believe in the name God or Jesus or allah, I relate personally with the spirit. Whichever name you give the spirit, it doesnt concern me.
Spirit is an invincible FORCE that revolves round the orbit of nature. I had read bible, quran, sixth and seventh book of moses, book of enouch, book of thoman, book of uretha(the one that exposes the hidden life of Jesus, how he proposed for marriage etc), i had read the book of mormon, book of god of egypt(I've forgotten the real name which xrays more about Adam and Eve, I have read many sacred texts of buddahism, hindus, and lots more.
I can categorically tell you that what you call God is that spirit inside of you. Thesame spirit entered jesus, etc some used that same spirit and became God(inventors-are they not creator?)

@bolded: How do you explain conflicts and wars then, sir?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sirniyeh: Hello everbody,
Nice meeting you again!
What is this?SMH
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by plaetton: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Could you peruse this link and tell me what you think? The statement was qualified thus: energy can neither be created or destroyed by itself. I think that the article mentioned also that new energy is constantly coming into existence, but I need to confirm that. Also an explanation is provided there for the qualification of the law of conservation of energy.

If you have counters, I'm wide open to them.

Counters to what?

First, if you have to depend on wiki to understand, and use as a basis for an argument, something as basic as energy , then it seems that you played hookie during your elementary science class.

Now, in what way did the link contradict what I or mkmyers45 stated about energy? Where did it ever say that new energy is being created?
So you have absolutely zero knowledge about the subject, but you are sooooo willing to challenge established scientific ideas and facts just by consulting wiki?
When has wiki become a substitute for real knowledge and education?
All in defence of your fairy tale god?
You see what I mean.?
Only doubts could make anyone go to that lenght to defend a figment of his imaginations.
Na wa o
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by mkmyers45(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Could you peruse this link and tell me what you think? The statement was qualified thus: energy can neither be created or destroyed by itself. I think that the article mentioned also that new energy is constantly coming into existence, but I need to confirm that. Also an explanation is provided there for the qualification of the law of conservation of energy.

If you have counters, I'm wide open to them.
Energy: A fundamental entity of
nature that is transferred between
parts of a system in the production of physical/metaphysical change
within the system and usually
regarded as the capacity for doing work. Energy is not possessed but is a fundamental entity that ALL
things must posses..Energy flows
and manifest in ALL things. Kindly guide me to the exact statements about new energy..

1 Like

Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Sirniyeh(m): 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
What is conflict or war?
It's believed that a question asked creates an atmosphere for mental emancipation for those who are ready to renew their obsessed thinking patterns.
Conflicts arise when there is breach of law of nature. Spirits are orderly entities that are bound by the law of karma.
From my spiritual understanding, the air we breath is a mysterious paradise. All the dead people from the genesis of this earth are in the thin air. There is no heaven or hell elsewhere if we dont want to decieve ourselves. They all form ghosts in the thin air. Most of these ghosts sometimes get provoked at our utterances and characters and unleach wrath spiritual as nemesis that we mostly encounter physically.
That's why it's advisable to speak good always because the spirits aids our utterances to fruition.
There is nothing like devil or satan, it is human mind that originates the identity.
I remember four years ago, while I was going along the road, I vividly saw spirit, it also trekked but not in human form. It was a year later I experience vanishing into the thin air. When I vanished in thin air for days, I was made to understood the making of the life.
All those theological lies are human mind formation. All herbs have indwell spirits likewise individual. So, going to mountain to seek God or marathon prayers for miracles are nonsense. But if you can learn to relate with spirit well, you will benefit from them. My testimony is, my second child underwent surgical operation twice within three days, but on fourth day, the tommy swellup like six month pregnancy. The boy is at the point of death when doctor refered him to UCH Ibadan on imagency to the extent that the emergency motor collected N20,000. I was in PH when my wife called me. I just did what I used to do and I replied later that the boy will not die. Today, the boy is bouncing. He spent 8hrs in thearter but I was not disappointed. So dont let anybody use theology to decieve. Get acquinted with your spirit
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by haibe(m): 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
@op you go crack ur head tire, you will never get an answer to that question, i used to think of it also.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by haibe(m): 8:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sirniyeh: What is conflict or war?
It's believed that a question asked creates an atmosphere for mental emancipation for those who are ready to renew their obsessed thinking patterns.
Conflicts arise when there is breach of law of nature. Spirits are orderly entities that are bound by the law of karma.
From my spiritual understanding, the air we breath is a mysterious paradise. All the dead people from the genesis of this earth are in the thin air. There is no heaven or hell elsewhere if we dont want to decieve ourselves. They all form ghosts in the thin air. Most of these ghosts sometimes get provoked at our utterances and characters and unleach wrath spiritual as nemesis that we mostly encounter physically.
That's why it's advisable to speak good always because the spirits aids our utterances to fruition.
There is nothing like devil or satan, it is human mind that originates the identity.
I remember four years ago, while I was going along the road, I vividly saw spirit, it also trekked but not in human form. It was a year later I experience vanishing into the thin air. When I vanished in thin air for days, I was made to understood the making of the life.
All those theological lies are human mind formation. All herbs have indwell spirits likewise individual. So, going to mountain to seek God or marathon prayers for miracles are nonsense. But if you can learn to relate with spirit well, you will benefit from them. My testimony is, my second child underwent surgical operation twice within three days, but on fourth day, the tommy swellup like six month pregnancy. The boy is at the point of death when doctor refered him to UCH Ibadan on imagency to the extent that the emergency motor collected N20,000. I was in PH when my wife called me. I just did what I used to do and I replied later that the boy will not die. Today, the boy is bouncing. He spent 8hrs in thearter but I was not disappointed. So dont let anybody use theology to decieve. Get acquinted with your spirit

Whoa! I guess you are far different from an atheist so let me ask you the same question.

How was this earth created, who created it, how did the person that create the universe come into existence since the person isnt God?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by kwajahafiz(m): 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
It's a magical universe. If time exists then no time has the possibility of existing. In no time which begget time. God nor you has no beginning nor an ending.
U are timelessness contemplating time.
Get rid of ur existential carthasis which fosters fear which fosters such chicken and egg question.
You question dissolves it's hold on you when u achieve wisdom.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Kay17: 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mr_Anony:

God did not just appear, He is eternal, He has no beginning and no end. He just is

What was he doing before he created everything?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Kay17: 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
Deep Sight:

Not only have I always said begin, but I have corrected made this same clarification to several people many times ever since Prizm reminded me about three years ago in a discussion. Besides, I did not formulate the cosmological argument: and that is what it says. It says "begin".

Infinite Space

Infinite Time

Just two examples.

If there is a library with infinite number of books and I take out half of it, what quantity will be left?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by bigmaut: 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mr_Anony:

God did not just appear, He is eternal, He has no beginning and no end. He just is
That is a contradiction God said in revelation that he is d alpha(beginning) & omega(end) grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by DeeTeeMan: 2:23am On Oct 11, 2012
Interesting question....now my initial response.

It does seem that God was created through the evolution of the human mind. It may also be interpreted as everything and nothing of our experience on the universe. In my humble opinion while I have no doubt that God exists, the interpretation of who-what-where-which-how God exists now depends on what an individual or group of people believes - that is where the main misunderstanding/confusion/issues lies. I would like to not to limit the existence of God to the practice of any religion. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RELIGION AND EXISTENCE OF GOD.

Religious beliefs are different to religious practice, to be candid. The freer a human mind is from the practice the nearest you may get to the fuller appreciation of God's existence. While religion may be required philosophically as a stepping stone to understanding God's existence, the existence of God is not limited to any religious beliefs. RELIGION IS AN EVOLUTION OF HUMAN EXPERIENCE.

God is the who-what (words cannot describe everything about God) made it possible for there to be universe and for us to be part of that universe. Our goodness is to give back, through genuine sense of purpose and intention, everything we may deem fit to live the experience of being part of the universe and enjoy the existence of our experience with others'.

This is my little contribution for now.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by MrAnony1(m): 5:21am On Oct 11, 2012
bigmaut:
That is a contradiction God said in revelation that he is d alpha(beginning) & omega(end) grin grin grin grin
Lol no it is not a contradiction. In fact it is precisely why He has no beginning and no end.
. . .unless you are asking "what is the beginning of the beginning and the end of the end?" You'll have asked an illogical question?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by MrAnony1(m): 5:26am On Oct 11, 2012
Kay 17:

What was he doing before he created everything?
Being God.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by obalola7: 5:44am On Oct 11, 2012

I think i have some questions and comprehensive rebutter for you. However to make potent my rebutter I am interested in knowing What you did normally that makes you think your child will not die?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by wiegraf: 6:29am On Oct 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Being God.

I came across some ideas I found interesting, oddly never crossed my mind I think. But knowledge for instance, if god created knowledge, then there was knowledge before god, so god was not knowledgeable. How did he know to create knowledge then?

So knowledge had to have existed separately. I would think this would apply even if god were eternal. Knowledge would have to have been something he discovered, not something it created. Almost chicken and egg. What do you think?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by obalola7: 7:05am On Oct 11, 2012
wiegraf:

I came across some ideas I found interesting, oddly never crossed my mind I think. But knowledge for instance, if god created knowledge, then there was knowledge before god, so god was not knowledgeable. How did he know to create knowledge then?

So knowledge had to have existed separately. I would think this would apply even if god were eternal. Knowledge would have to have been something he discovered, not something it created. Almost chicken and egg. What do you think?
[quote author=wiegraf]

I think you are contradicting yourself. If something create something then the thing does not exist and therefore the person who created the thing is the creator. Car did not exist until someone like Henry Ford think about the concept and created it. Will that say car was in existent somewhere? So knowledge couldn't have been in no where until it was created by God?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by MrAnony1(m): 7:23am On Oct 11, 2012
wiegraf:

Lol, let me put it this way for you: Did your knowledge exist before you?

If God did not begin to exist, then it follows that His knowledge did not begin to exist. God did not grow in knowledge, God's knowledge is a part of His being.

Knowledge is not a "thing" that you create it is just what you know. God did not learn stuff, He did not come to know stuff or gain knowledge, He just knows.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Kay17: 7:25am On Oct 11, 2012
seyibrown:

@ everyone: The bolded is quite interesting. smiley Why have all not then come to accept that God IS and was not created? Are they waiting for a scientific experiment by a group of men somewhere to confirm that God exists and can neither be created nor destroyed? smiley

Svience can't prove that.

@mr anony

Being God and doing what?!
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Kay17: 7:34am On Oct 11, 2012
The uncaused God is a contradiction to the principle of causality. Except if God exists initially as a super complex being and breaks down to constitute the Universe, other than simplicity flows to complexity. We will always seek causes for complexities. To arbitrarily assume God is an obvious absurdity

If deepsight accepts God as a primordial energy, will he accept God's physical energy? Or that such energy is conscious?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:08am On Oct 11, 2012
This question was borne out of curiosity. Curiosity because we were made 'Man'. The highest thinking animal. We have been given the gift of free will. Humans in their nature think they are knowledgeable. Little do we know, we know nothing!
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by ayobase(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2012
ijawkid:

Which one and only??

The last time I checked u were merging 3 persons into 1 God...(I don't know how in the world that is possible)....

Who is your one and only God??

A case of a deluded OP derailing his thread.
Why not open another thread for that purpose!
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by ayobase(m): 8:18am On Oct 11, 2012
Kay 17: The uncaused God is a contradiction to the principle of causality. Except if God exists initially as a super complex being and breaks down to constitute the Universe, other than simplicity flows to complexity. We will always seek causes for complexities. To arbitrarily assume God is an obvious absurdity

If deepsight accepts God as a primordial energy, will he accept God's physical energy? Or that such energy is conscious?

Too much grammars water down a message!
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 11, 2012
mkmyers45: Energy: A fundamental entity of
nature that is transferred between
parts of a system in the production of physical/metaphysical change
within the system and usually
regarded as the capacity for doing work. Energy is not possessed but is a fundamental entity that ALL
things must posses..Energy flows
and manifest in ALL things. Kindly guide me to the exact statements about new energy..

About the new energy, I was wrong about the article holding that view. It does not say so. What it does say though is that when scientists observe an apparent departure from the law of conservation of energy they necessarily hypothesize a new form of energy to correct their observation. Hence, dark energy, for example.

Ok. Having said so, I freely recognize your deification of energy. Now, on what basis do you hold that energy cannot be created or destroyed? That is, why do you believe that energy cannot be created or destroyed?

Edited.
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 11, 2012
plaetton:

Counters to what?

First, if you have to depend on wiki to understand, and use as a basis for an argument, something as basic as energy , then it seems that you played hookie during your elementary science class.

Now, in what way did the link contradict what I or mkmyers45 stated about energy? Where did it ever say that new energy is being created?
So you have absolutely zero knowledge about the subject, but you are sooooo willing to challenge established scientific ideas and facts just by consulting wiki?
When has wiki become a substitute for real knowledge and education?
All in defence of your fairy tale god?
You see what I mean.?
Only doubts could make anyone go to that lenght to defend a figment of his imaginations.
Na wa o

lol......... Such vehemence . . . and I'm accused of trying to defend God grin

Anyway, what do you suppose the article means by the qualification, "by itself"?
Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 11, 2012

If they're bound by law at all, how are they God?

If the spirit within me is God and every individual, by virtue of possessing the same spirit is God, then we're all essentially equal in power. How then can a ghost whose power is no greater than my own cause me any kind of harm?

This is confusing. If it is my spirit, why is it a "them"? How does one get acquainted with their own spirit?

1 Like

Re: Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? by wiegraf: 9:36am On Oct 11, 2012
@obalola7 and @anony

The whole point is to point out the paradox. Your analogy is also not adequate. Using something other than knowledge, another concept would be something as simple as say being. If god created being, then there was no being before god, so how did god come into being?

Edit, oops, question, not analogy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is A Soul Tie? / Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect / ''All The Major Religions Are Part Of One Conspiracy'' - David Icke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.