Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,893 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:09 AM

Advantages Of Polygamy? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advantages Of Polygamy? (44955 Views)

Counter Thread: Advantages Of Dating A Tall Girl. / Paradox Of Polygamy / 13 Advantages Of Virginity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by dakmanzero(m): 11:12am On Apr 14, 2008
lololol!

It is men with tiny blalas that have girls. check the link below:

reference: http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/shettlesmethod.htm

note: to have a boy the following are required:

a) deep penetration to reduce travel distance for short-lived y-sperm
b) female orgasm to reduce acidity of the vagina
c) proper timing vis a vis the ovulation calendar

how many of these can a man with a toothpick bulala take care of, eh? :-)
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by 2Legit: 7:29pm On Apr 16, 2008
I hope say una don dey divorce and marry. It saves anyone being referred to as a polygamist. That's why you see many of these oyinbonised women who have divorced a number of times with kids.

Same for the men tongue
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by ono(m): 11:09pm On May 02, 2008
dakmanzero:

lololol!

Hmnn,
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by hornyhoney: 12:24pm On May 09, 2008
i hv read what you all have said and i want to quickly add that poligamy is not nigerias problem.our problem is mismanagement of funds, illiteracy, dishonesty, selfishness, wickedness etc i can go on and on.

poligamy i would say is not the best practice.it breeds a lot of competion and vices such as envy,malice,murder,jealousy.The men involved are not even enjoying the so-called poligamy.

i came from a poligamous home and so i vowed never to enter into such even if it means me not marrying.thank god am a survivor.it would have taken my life.

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by hornyhoney: 12:29pm On May 09, 2008
poligamy is also out of selfishness on the part of the men.they forget that they are bringing in children into the world to witness strife,jealousy and maltreatment at an early age.

thank God for our country,most of us have the ability to survive such hostile environment and still make the most of it.

poligamy exposes children to evil.what if one of the wives is diabolical and decides to harm her mates childrenam sure u guys havnt taught of that.

money isnt everything.sometimes things happen that marr children for life.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by hornyhoney: 1:30pm On May 09, 2008
finally i will say there is no advantage to poligamy cos it only breeds hatred amongst the children.they might pretend they love each other but deep down,they know its not true.a lot of children have lost their lifes due to poligamy.i almost lost mine.severally God delivered me from poison,due to wickedness of some of my stepmothers.my mum too was wicked to other children.

it is not easy to love someone that is not ur own.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by yemivictor: 1:46pm On May 09, 2008
hornyhoney:

poligamy is also out of selfishness on the part of the men.they forget that they are bringing in children into the world to witness strife,jealousy and maltreatment at an early age.

And greed on the path of the women!

In yoruba, it is called iwobia!! grin
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 9:38am On May 15, 2008
dakmanzero:

lololol!

this has some disturbing implications. . .

that among most of the couples with only gal children
1) the man is 'undersized' or the woman is 'deep'
2)the man is lousy in bed/the wife is frigid

hmm, i'm already drawing conclusions about some peeps i know-

since i have a son - what does that say about my er. . lunchbox and my er. . . performace grin?
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by kelsimeon: 2:55am On May 23, 2008
There is absolutely nothing good about polygamy,
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by lucabrasi(m): 12:11am On May 21, 2011
not been on here for a while and was just going through some old threads and this just got me cracking up lool wonder where that chick d-reloaded razor sharp mouth is grin
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by MMM2(m): 5:36am On May 21, 2011
polygamy is very good 4 chidren
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 21, 2011
Why is it so difficult for you to say one single advantage of polygamy? Do you know that poverty will be reduced by about 20% if polygamy is banned in Nigeria? common, tell me how life will be better for a man with three uneducated wives and 15 children on a N50K per month salary? If you want your wife to respect you, step up th plate and be a good husband. Stop using respect and ego as an exccuse to bring children into this world in poverty. Polygamy is evil and is one of the greatest plagues in Africa today.

polygamy has got nothing to do with poverty
if you are poor, then its either because you are unable to get a good job or
you are lazy
havent you seen polygamous homes that are richer than monogamous homes? so, if polygamy, in it self, is what causes poverty then all polygamous homes should be poor

tell me how life will be better for a man with three uneducated wives and 15 children on a N50K per month salary?

you just have to listen to your self. the man must have been earning that N50K before he married those women
and before he had those children so they can never be the reason why he is poor
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 21, 2011
can't we look beyond religion and see what this silly practice is doing to our women and children because the men seem not to care. There is so much poverty in Nigeria and I saw it first hand last december and most of the families i witnessed their own firsthand are polygamous homes. In most cases, even when their baba is very rich, they still wallow in poverty because he's either too busy spending on new wives or the money will not be enough if it's shared accordingly among his many kids.I am sure some of us here came from a polygamous home and may not have the best story to show for it.

i have very good stories to tell about my own polygamous home
infact, people from monogamous homes admire my own home
and we are more stable than most monogamous homes
in all of my 23 years, i have never seen my mother and step mother argue
and this is there 25 years of living together

In most cases, even when their baba is very rich, they still wallow in poverty because he's either too busy spending on new wives or the money will not be enough if it's shared accordingly among his many kids.

you know what, i really think your argument should be "we should do things as we can afford them"
that most of the polygamous homes you visited poverty stricken dosent mean thatall are in poverty

my daddy has got so many children and he trained all in school
not even my uncles with one wife has done what he has done
when we go outside people admire us for our behaviour
when they see my mother and step mother going out doing trade for each other the talk in low tunes admiring them

and the truth is the %of polygamous that are stable is greater than %of monogamous homes
if any body wants to get married to only one wife, its his choice he should go on ahead.

i do not think we should tell people not to go into polygamy for any reason other than financial reasons or maturity to manage a polygamous home

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 21, 2011
finally i will say there is no advantage to poligamy cos it only breeds hatred amongst the children.they might pretend they love each other but deep down,they know its not true.a lot of children have lost their lifes due to poligamy, i almost lost mine.severally God delivered me from poison,due to wickedness of some of my stepmothers.my mum too was wicked to other children.

it is not easy to love someone that is not your own.

it is not easy to love someone that is not your own.

polygamy is not what breeds hatred amongst children. had it been your claim is true, why is it , then, that esau and jacob born of the same mother hated each other so much that esau wanted to kill jacob?

if there is hatred amongst the children then it is not becos they are steps but becos of other reasons such as:

[b]prejudice.[/b]people, and sadly educated ones, are been made to believe by there pastors that if they are feeling head ache then it is their step mother trying to poison them or doing jazz on them becos they are prospering more than her children. and nollywood is not helping the issue as well

.i almost lost mine.severally God delivered me from poison,due to wickedness of some of my stepmothers.my mum too was wicked to other children.

how can you prove that was your step mom poisoning you?
how can you prove that your conclusion is not based on the widely held view that polygamy breeds hatred?
how can you prove that what you mother do to other children, which you call wickedness, is actually wickedness?

pls bring a stronger argument
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by MrsChima(f): 10:51pm On May 21, 2011
Whoremongers are still justifying why trifling-ness are advantageous.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by DisGuy: 4:46am On May 23, 2011
it's all relative, considering most Nigerian hate,envy each other it not very surprising everyone thinks some one wants to kill them (who wants to poison a jobless lay about anyway?) grin
These sort of people even in monogamous home thinks their sister in law, brother in law or their co-workers wants to poison them, in fact these set of people are more likely to visit the pastor/imam, baba dibia to 'kill their enemy' grin

I wonder if anorld Schwarzenegger's maid was trying to kill the real madam when they were getting their grove on

Some people are actually in polygamous relationship without know it, their hard working husbanding is always eager to go for holidays in Nigeria and send home some nice kits for 'that' his sister wink

I have seen some 'happy' polygamous homes.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by simpleseyi: 6:55am On May 23, 2011
I HATE RELIGIOUS BIGOTS.

Obasanjo - Xtian - many wives
Atiku Abubakar - Muslim - many wives
IBB - Muslim - one wife
Buhari - Muslim - one wife
Fashola - Muslim - one christian wife
Tinubu - Muslim - one Diconess (RCCG) wife
My father - Muslim - one wife
Me - Muslim - one born again christian wife; my wife goes to church while i go to mosque. We are the happiest couple on earth.
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 24, 2011
i think you did put your question well
are you trying to ask what the advantages of polygamy are over monogamy?
or are you asking what the advantages of polygamy are as a marriage?

if you are asking what advantages of polygamy is as a marital institution then i will tell you it is the same as that of monogamy. and if you are asking what the advantages of polygamy are over monogamy then i will also tell you that
children who grow up in a well managed polygamous homes are more likely to be friendly, welcoming, tolerating, etc than those who grew up in monogamy.

as for the "polygamy breeds all of what you mentioned" i will tell you that it is not polygamy[b] in itself[/b] that causes those things but the failure of man to manage his anger, jealousy, etc.it has got to do with maturity.
i can also tell you that anger, jealousy etc are also found to a very large extent in monogamy lets not lie to ourselves. a very good example is the story of cain and abel, essau and jacob. in both cases the jealousy , envy and anger was so intense that there was murder in one and an intended murder in the other. it is important for us to know that, in one of those cases were twins! these kind of cases continue to happen today.

any one who wants to marry only one should pls do so and also any one who wants polygamy should do so but has to put things into consideration. first the first wife, under no form of pressure, should agree. if it is fine by her husband and the new wife, then thats all that should matter!!!!!!. he also has to be matured enough to manage such a large family. he should look at his pocket as well.

for all those who say that polygamy is evil, they have to know that God allowed it in the bible!!!
or are you trying to say God is evil? if that is what you mean then its ok by me.
some people even argue that jesus was probably born into a polygamous home. i didnt say it some christians did. how can God allow some thing in the past and forbid it today? didnt your bible tell you that god is the same yesterday, today and forever?

this is just my thinking which is inconsequential and may not be true.
but the one who says it is not true should pls present his arguments and show that they are superior to mine.
but for now, i will continue to believe this until you make me understand better
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by TheDaee201: 8:53am On Dec 21, 2011
The paradox of polygamy II: Why most women benefit from polygamy and most men benefit from monogamy

Would you be the third wife of Matt Damon?
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200802/the-paradox-polygamy-ii-why-most-women-benefit-polygamy-an

Quotes from "Highly educated and higly civilised" Non-Muslim Women

"Contrary to popular belief, most women benefit from polygynous society, and most men benefit from monogamous society. This is because polygynous society allows some women to share a resourceful man of high status.

“Would you rather be the second or third wife of Mel Gibson or the only wife of Willard Scott?”, to which one of the panelists, the conservative commentator and activist Susan Carpenter McMillan, responded, “If it comes to Mel Gibson, I wouldn’t care if I was one, two, or three.”

In contrast, most men benefit from monogamous society. Given a 50-50 sex ratio, monogamous society virtually guarantees a wife for every man, even a third-rate one. Under polygyny, some third-rate men may not find a wife at all, or, even if they are lucky enough to find one, their wife will not be as desirable as the one they can secure for themselves under monogamy, because under polygyny more desirable women would have become the second, third, or tenth wife of more desirable men.
End of quote

Another quote from a Muslimah
"Anyway here are the advantages for me MASHAALLAH!!!!!!!:

- I get more time for my own endeavours such as studying, hobbies, that kind of thing. I do creative writing which is a solitary pursuit and one where you block out the rest of the world. If my kids are in bed and my husband is with my co-wife then that gives me a lot of alone time to do this (i.e. every other evening), whereas if I was monogamously married my husband would need my attention and I wouldn't get this time.

- I get the best of the single life and the married life, I get a husband and I also get a king sized bed to myself to relax with a good book (on alternate nights)

- there's no "not tonight darling I have a headache" - women initiate it more often in polygamous marriages and he can't refuse otherwise he shouldn't have taken on two wives, but you can send him to the other wife if you're not in the mood

- sharing motherly duties with my co-wife, e.g. breastfeeding each others babies. It makes a huge difference, if one of us has a bad night when the baby won't sleep the other can take the baby for a while in the morning while you takes a nap. Husbands can do this to some extent but a) they can't breastfeed and b) they have to go to work most days.

- big family atmosphere at home (we were living in separate accommodation but recently moved into the same apartment which means more husband time for both of us and more family time for us and the kids)

- free Arabic lessons (okay this applies just to me, not generally!) My co-wife is teaching me lots of Arabic mashaAllah, I told her to only speak to me in Arabic

- another woman to chat with and stuff at home when hubby's not around, which is a lot of time cause he's at work of course."
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by TheDaee201: 4:56pm On Dec 23, 2011
Learn more advantages of polygyny/plygamy from those who practice and love it.

Joy Behar Show - Utah, Lehi polygamist, Kody Brown, star of TLC Sister Wives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qnrmjcwww

Interview Dr Dixon on Polygyny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geJoIZEIE0I

POLYGAMY IN ISLAM : MUSLIMAH PERSPECTIVE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDgUXGadmvE

Women who say polygamy is the answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlaucwEn01g

Polygamy Family Interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OEaRn3uHsc
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 23, 2011
[size=30pt]1. No romance
2. No period whahala jus move on to the next available pusshie
3. Variable and competitive vaginar in short you become the Olympics  for pushie
4. food.
5. Girlfriends.  you have 4 women at home who are ok with your philandering at home after all charity begins at home.
6. No in law palaver
7. chieftaincy title[ guaranteed/size][/size]
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by janvier27(m): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2011
I think some form of negotiated polygamy could actually rather stabilize and strenghten a childless marriage where: the fault is the wife's and there may be no chance of conception; the husband is commited to the wife in a loving marriage and does not wish to leave her on account of her infertility; the husband is financially capable and mature; the husband has an overwhelming desire to have his own biological children; the other wife would not have to live in the same house with the first wife; the husband may be willing to additionally consider adoption for the childless wife if she so desires. Believe me, the drive to have your own biological children if you are capable of doing so could be overwhelming, and a major challenge for even the most caring husband.

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by stopscammer2015: 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
naturecures20@gmail.com is scam big time more details to support these claim .......remember kola nut cant cure EBOLA
Re: Advantages Of Polygamy? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
Visit this thread to read interesting submissions on matters arising in polygyny, like: Is it advisable for the first and second wife to live together? ; should a man that is not capable of fulfilling the sexual needs of the first wife take a second wife?
https://www.nairaland.com/4112695/polygyny-should-live-second-wife#61411074

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Tells Fellow Women To Dump Their Boyfriend If He Just Did His BVN / My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Mum Caught Me And My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.